Start by marking “Groupie (Groupie, #1)” as Want to Read:

Groupie (Groupie #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  224 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
**TOPSHELF MAGAZINE INDIE BOOK AWARD NOMINEE 2018**
**AWARDED THE READERS' FAVORITE FIVE STAR SEAL**

Moving to a new city isn’t the magic fix Lexie Travis hoped it would be. Sure, she put some mileage between herself and her feuding parents, her miserable dating history, and the memories of a life-altering injury. However, she still feels like a former shadow of herself, hid
Published December 2nd 2016 by Sanctuary Publishing

Kate's Corner
Apr 13, 2017 marked it as 09-nuff-said

I'm a picky reader even more when it comes to rock romance. I thought this would work but the MC are so unsuitable for one another it is amazing that they even had anything in common.

She is a judgmental mare and for all of her attitude of I'm over my past bla, bla, bla, bla well you're not otherwise you wouldn't be so bitter about it all. And for once we have a doormat Hero. I don't know why the Hero bothered tbh.

The icing on the cake? A second book with the couple.

Gosh just shoot me now pee
Quirks
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-reads
It's funny, for a book titled "Groupie", it sure does sneer on groupies a lot. Serious, if 'groupie-shaming' was a term, this book would set a record for having the most amount of groupie-shaming ever. But more on that later.

This book follows the characters Lexie, who is a physician, and Jack Morgan, a country music star. When Jack gets injured during a concert, Lexie is assigned as his physician and then has to travel on tour with him while he heals. And I was doing okay with all that. The roma
Lucy Edwards
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm giving this 2.5 stars. I really did like the story and how it flowed from the beginning but I felt like it dragged on and on and on so much that I started to lose interest. I continued to find out what happens in the end but when I got to the end I realised you had to read the next book in order to find out. I'm not sure I can jump into the next book knowing how painfully slow this one was. maybe I'll read it at some point
Ginny Deffendall
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a fan of the normal-girl-falls-in-love-with-famous-actor-or-singer storyline, I found it refreshing to read one that takes place among those who sing my favorite genre of music, country.

Like Lexie, I too, have been frustrated with country music's current fascination with songs about "“female body parts, the benefits of one night stands, string bikinis, and how to party your life away.”

But what can I say, I love a southern twang and a man in tight jeans and boots. Jack fits that to a T.

I was
A.K. Smith
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
if you like music, rock stars and romance, you will love this book. I picked up Groupie on Amazon KU and really enjoyed this read. It is not a hard core wild sex drugs and rock n roll type of novel, but an irresistible romance with a strong and interesting character Lexie. Lexie a physical therapist is the protagonist and she meets up with a celebrity country rock star gorgeous musician. The book is full of research of musicians on tour, life on the road and the world of physical therapy. I real ...more
TSN
A very slow burn romance between Jackson and Lexie. Actually, it's so slow paced that it linger dangerously close to the point of being boring.

Ends with a cliff hanger and with an unresolved storyline.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

When reading Groupie (Groupie #1) by Susan Daugherty its easy to see that this author comes from a “PT” background, because it seems she sure knows what she is talking about. Maybe even a little too much? Because at times for me as a non professional in that area the description of the repeated processes - while definitively necessary – still felt overwhelming at times.
But still – the author gave her story leading characters the same kind of “real” that she gave those processes and it did the s
☆Tweety ☆
I was given this book from the author for an honest review.

Lexie Travis is a talented PT at an hospital in Knoxville. Her life is rather normal until her world is shaken up by Jackson "Jack" Morgan, a country singer that has a stage accident during a concert Lexie attends. He is taken to the hospital she works and as a secret task, she is asked to do a PT session to help him with therapy for his hurt ankle and leg. But since he's on tour, they'll need to work close to heal what is broken, both i
Phoenix
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride! I want book 2 right now, pretty please????? What in the world will be in store for Jack and Lexie? Two broken souls brought together and thrown together and back apart over and over again. This book is so amazing as they help each other heal in many ways. Jack teaches Lex to loosen up and live again and gets that heart beating again, and the whole novel I just kept thinking "kiss dang it. Just do it. You are killing me here!" I haven't felt that much angst since I was a teenage ...more
Treena
Before anything else, let me say that this is the 1st book in a 2-book story arc. But the good news is that book 2 is already out so you won't have to wait to find out what happens next. And I'm so darn thankful for that fact because I would've been seriously pissed if I had to wait for the second book to be published because I freaking loved this romance! I couldn't stop reading and binge-read both books in one day. ❤😊

Reasons why I loved these 2 books (I can't just review book 1 alone!):
> It
Michelle
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it

Groupie is the first book in the series of the same name by Susan Daugherty. Groupie is a new adult/adult rock star romance. I enjoyed Groupie. I had a few character issues that kept me from falling head over heels in love with it, but I ended up liking the story quite a bit. Groupie is rock star romance between a country music artist and his PT. This is part one in this couple's story, so it does end things a little
Krista
I have to say that I truly enjoyed reading this book. Groupie is a story about 2 characters, Lexie and Jackson, that are thrown together in the most unusual of circumstances. It is crazy the kinds of shenanigans a physical therapist and a country crooner can get into when trying to finish up what's left of a headlining tour surrounded by band members, VIPs, managers, family, assistants, women, and plenty of alcohol and temptation? - believe me, lots can happen.

One thing is for sure though, both
Beth C.
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! The storyline was really entertaining and Susan did a really good job with character development throughout the book. Lexie, a physical therapist, hired to treat VIP patient Jack, one of the most popular country singers in the country, after an accident while on tour. Even though she wasn't a fan, they have some serious chemistry. Can they keep things professional or will that chemistry and emotions get in the way?
There are lots of emotional moments in the book - happy, sad, sil
Uzma
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Groupie is a well written romance with all the elements that make up a good enough read. There's angst, there's struggle, unrequited feelings, push and pull, a bit of fun and loads of music. We have our heroine, who has stopped believing in the possibility and reality of a true love or a soul mate and we have this beautiful playboy hero who has lived a life of stardom and all the vices that come with it. Even though they are from two different worlds and do not hit it off at the first sight, the ...more
Hanne
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
4 -- Second-to-last Song -- stars

I liked this book a lot. It’s a clean romance about a famous country singer and an ordinary physical therapist. It doesn’t really end with a big cliffhanger in my opinion, but there are still things unsolved between Lexie and Jackson. Jackson also has secrets about his past and I need to know them! He really keeps his lips sealed about a few things. Jackson is a talented, successful singer. He loves performing, his fans and touring.

Lexie loves her job and is very
M
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
2.5 STARS

This book was somewhat underwhelming and a bit frustrating.
Underwhelming because the first chapters were different from all of the rock star romances I've read so far and because Lexie's profession is not common in romance novels. The potential was enormous, but in the end, the story was slow paced almost to the point of feeling like it was being stretched and not much happened, besides Lexie complaining about Jackson's previews conquests.
I wished the main characters were a bit more de
Lulu
I really liked this book. The synopsis paints a good picture of what the reader can expect. The writing style was great and the overall pacing of the story was nice. I appreciated the level of detail that went into both the PT and music/tour aspects of the story.

Lexie is smart, opinionated and at times vulnerable. Jackson was not without flaws but I liked him almost instantly. I loved the banter between the two of them as well.

The end does seem to come around quickly though. As I was reading, I
Karin
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Lexie is a physical therapist whose past has reeked havoc on her confidence and is not willing to let herself fall. But one night with her best friend changed all that when she meets country singer Jack Morgan. She hated him just as much as she is attracted to him.

Unexpectedly Lexie becomes Jacks physical therapist and is on trout with him. Jack doesn't understand how for the first time ever a woman is not falling at his feet.

This was such a great book it was so much more than a romance book an
Stacey
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started this book excited and wasn't let down .
The whole country singer bad boy got me excited ( who wouldn't )
I love lex and her work friend and best friend a great team .
Lex had a passion but it slipped away , a new life a new passion a new start .
Then you meet Jackson and your world is rocked literally.
After a freak accident fate takes hold and enjoy the ride
I love this book
Please let me have an arc of the next book I couldn't get enough of there story ..
I just hope for more ....... not l
Karmina Aguilera
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a f-ing good reading...❤
loved Lexie... she have some issues. But she is awasone and so intelligent, and even when made some bad choices, I loved her still... and loved Jackson... and the way he changed. Even when he fuck things up, I still loved him...
loved the relationship between Lexie and Ashley... and the "love you. mean it." ... loved it every time...
I don't know what else to say... just that this book was a REALLY good one... CAN'T WAIT to read Muse... 'cause I really need more o
Susan Daugherty
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is one that is meant to keep you turning the pages and make you lose sleep because you just have to find out what happens next! You will want to cheer for the romance that blooms and feel like you know the characters personally. The setting of a country music tour is exciting and takes you away to a new place. A great escape and a touching story.
Laura Roberts
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m used to the sexy bad boy musicians I read about being Rockstars. Loud music, guitar riffs, banging drum solo’s, never did I expect to read about a country singer and find that hell yer…….he’s sexy to! Jackson Morgan totally blew my perceptions of what a country singer would act and look like to pieces.
Lexie Travis and Jackson Morgan are thrown together after he is involved in an accident whilst performing at one of his concert venues, a concert that Lexie just happens to be attending, not of
Kathy Aronoff
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Due to a typo after reading this book last night my star rating erroneously was captured as a 4 star - Sorry folks, it is a 2 Star read for me - Lexie sees Jack Morgan in concert even though she hates his lyrics and under dressed dancers while touring his second album - Lexie is a Dr of Physical Therapy and when Jack is hurt after inviting fans on stage the good Dr runs out of the building with her best friend Ashley. This is where my dislike for Lexie begins. You are in the Medical profession a ...more
The Ordinary Housewife Book Blog
Groupie by Susan Daugherty is the first book in a two book duo focused around Jack and Lexie. You will definitely want to read Muse which is part two right after finishing Groupie because it ends in a cliffhanger. Susan Daugherty is a new author to me and I breezed through Groupie. Susan sucks you in and keeps you up late at night to see what fun Jack and Lexie will have.

Jack is a country music star and Lexie is a Doctor and their paths collide when Jack is injured. This was a storyline I don't
Ashley
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
So romance and country music aren't two things I typically reach for when it comes to books, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one! 3.5 stars.

Likes -
* It's set in Knoxville and it was really fun to read about landmarks that I know and love.
* Jack and Lexie's first meeting is hilarious - the author painted such a great image of that debacle and it really set the tone for their relationship, laying out their best and worst qualities from the start.
* Lexie is a PT and I really liked hearing a
Aisha Reads Books
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Groupie was a book that sounds great in the blurb and actually follows through.
We meet country star Jack Morgan who makes a stupid decision and ends up in the care of PT Lexie Travis.

I loved the easy banter between them and how this was a true enemies-to-lovers book. Lexie is not a fan of Mr Morgan when she first meets him and an early misunderstanding just makes the situation more awkward and I love it 👀

Next thing you know, through scheming of higher ups that don't think Lexie should have a say
P.S. Meraux
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author writes with a wonderful sense of humor, ie: “it wasn’t a natural disaster, it was worse; a country music concert.” Howling! I’m not a big fan of country music myself but I really enjoyed this book.
Dr. Lexie Travis is a ‘take me as I am’ kind of girl, full of swagger and pluck. I like that she’s got flaws and reservations about falling in love, and doesn’t believe in the everlasting kind. She doesn’t seem like a character, she seems like a real girl.

Country music singer Jack Morgan i
Shannon Caswell
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Groupie by Susan Daugherty was such a sweet romance story to read. Yes, I could see some parts coming but in a way don’t you read a book hoping it will play out like you want? What was great about Groupie was that I could tell Susan Daugherty really enjoyed writing Lexie and Jackson. That is always a wonderful thing because there is an abundance of emotion in the story.
After an accident at Jackson’s concert leaves him injured and in need of a physical therapist, Lexie finds herself thrown into
R.S. Dabney
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Groupie is one of those stories that every girl wishes was her real life. Lexie, the smart, love-shy physical therapist gets thrown into the world of a promiscuous country super star, only to realize there is more to him than his sordid reputation. The drama, pacing, and emotional struggles in this book are gripping and so easy to get lost in. At times I felt my heart tug. Other times I felt frustrated (in a good way!). When Jackson sang his second to last meaningful songs, I thought my heart mi ...more
Tania's Book Blog
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book. This is the first book I've read from this author and it wasn't bad.

It was basically a physical therapist, Lexie, that had this close minded attitude about a famous country singer, Jack. She basically judged him without really getting to know him first based on his popularity. Jack gets hurt and Lexie is his therapist. He's immediately attracted because he remembers her from one of his concerts.

Lexie tries to keep it professional and she d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Groupie Book Club Discussion Questions:
1.The quote from the Morrisons plays an important role. "The secret is not finding the perfect someone you can live with, it is finding the imperfect one you cannot live without."
Do you believe in this quote yourself? How do you feel it affected Lexie throughout the book?

2. Lexie judges Jack by his image as a celebrity. We know this is often the work of tablo
More about Susan Daugherty

Groupie (2 books)
  • Muse: (Groupie Volume 2 of 2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)