Start by marking “Unpacked Sparkle: A Story of Grief and Recovery” as Want to Read:
Unpacked Sparkle: A Story of Grief and Recovery

Unpacked Sparkle: A Story of Grief and Recovery

Over a year ago, I left a Mariah Carey concert in Las Vegas after six songs. I had gone on the trip as a present to myself for turning forty. But I couldn't enjoy it. I was high on multiple drugs, but mostly crystal meth, and extremely drunk. I had been this way the majority of the year and a half since my partner Pack had suddenly passed away.
I found him dead on the bath
Published November 7th 2016 by Az Publishing Services, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Unpacked Sparkle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unpacked Sparkle

Start your review of Unpacked Sparkle: A Story of Grief and Recovery
John  Trident
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very emotional book. I recommend for all the readers who read romance genre with some motivational touch.
Story talks about death of a person,  the pain associated with it and the events when a person recovers from the mental illness.
The pain associated with life, with its happiness and sad moments are what makes us strong. An inspirational read for all the readers which talks about love, motivation and hope.
Galit  Balli
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful read and so emotional. I love reading memoirs and this one is such a great one. Just from reading the blurb I knew I really wanted to read the book and now… I’m so happy I did.

The story is about the author who went through so much after his partner died and going through many times of recovery, to try and fight his addictions to drug and alcohol. Everything he went through and trying to fight his mental illness.

In this memoir, you get to learn so much about the author,
Rachel
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Thank you to the publisher who gave me a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

FIRST THOUGHTS

I found this book to be interesting right away because I love a good memoir, especially uplifting stories about hope and how others overcome obstacles in their lives. After interviewing the author, I definitely wanted to read the book.

PLOT

This story is about the author going through recovery from the untimely death of his partner, his addiction to drugs and alcohol, as well as
Priya Bhowal
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings. I empathised with the narrator but also irritated. Empathised with the tragedy he had to face and the injustice bestowed on him and irritated with his drug addiction and his justification about it. The storytelling was as frenzied as his psyche must have been during that phase. The reader can easily see that it was so hard for him to move on, for even after completing majority of the book, the storyteller was still stuck to that one day. Events were repeated on and on. Eve ...more
The Reading Bud
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-request
Unpacked Sparkle by Patrick A. Roland is a story about grief, addiction, recovery and everything that entails. It is a heart-touching book that'll make the reader experience the tragedies the author went through first hand.

It is not just another memoir, but it is one to be remembered for a long time. There is so much pain and desperation in the author's voice that I felt a deep connection not only to the story but also to the writing. This is a very well written book and it has a lot in store fo
Jeannette
Nov 17, 2017
Emily Green
Jun 12, 2017
Simon Driscoll
Mar 01, 2017
Patrick A.
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynne