Start by marking “Poisoned Palette (Alistair Fitzjohn, #6)” as Want to Read:
Poisoned Palette (Alistair Fitzjohn, #6)

Poisoned Palette

(Alistair Fitzjohn #6)

An enthusiastic crowd gathered at Lyrebird Lodge in the Blue Mountains on that crisp autumn morning, all anxious to acquire one of Florence Fontaine’s much sought after paintings. However, the only art on one visitor’s mind is the art of murder.

Detective Chief Inspector Fitzjohn, unwittingly drawn into the case, launches his investigation that reveals a web of past and p
Published January 6th 2017 by J. Henderson

To ask other readers questions about Poisoned Palette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisoned Palette

Start your review of Poisoned Palette (Alistair Fitzjohn, #6)
Brenda
Florence Fontaine’s art auction at Lyrebird Lodge in the scenic Blue Mountains was popular judging by the amount of people waiting for it to start. Claire Reynolds, Florence’s business manager who had organized the whole event, was a little uptight, especially when Florence told her to keep her stepsister away from her at all costs. But it was after the auction when most people had left, that things went terribly wrong.

Detective Chief Inspector Alistair Fitzjohn was called to the Blue Mountains
Carl
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Set in Sydney, Australia, Jill Patterson’s "Poisoned Palette” is a well written, fast paced mystery. There is an element of Australian local color that is unique to many English related books. The protagonist is Detective Chief Inspector Alistair Fitzjohn who is aided by his sidekick Sergeant Betts. Chief Inspector Alastair Fitzjohn is a very realistic and likable character, a little reminiscent of Adam Dalgleish (for those who enjoy British mysteries). This is an enjoyable series, and if you en ...more
M
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed This DCI Fitzjohn Mystery

Good cozy/police procedural set in Australia. This is the second book I’ve read from this series, and I liked this one better than the first. The plot appears straightforward, but it takes an interesting turn early enough that I could adjust my search for the guilty person(s). As in most cozies, there aren’t a lot of suspects, so it wasn’t difficult to guess the denouement. I enjoyed following the aspects of the police procedural to the end, and I thought that t
Evelyn Grabas
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say - its DCI Fitzjohn - always excellent. It is one of a few series that I make sure I do not miss. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good mystery, without any foul language, hard-drinking, womanizing or romantic interludes. It is a refreshing mystery, solved by a more than capable investigator, who investigates, puts pieces together and solves. Very much reminiscent of Poirot, Holmes, Queens, etc.
AND it did not contain any errors. How refreshing. Thank you Ms. Pat
Lexie Conyngham
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A novella and apparently the sixth in this series, set in what sounds like the rather lovely Blue Mountains near Sydney. I couldn’t quite believe that the hero, Fitzjohn, was a police officer at all – he seemed elderly, wistful, dreamy and not quite of this world. I wanted to tell him to be more assertive, if not over his job then at least over his house. Nevertheless I liked him and his kindness. There were a few odd typos, and I wasn’t quite sure about the behaviour of some of the suspects – I ...more
Melissa M
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Fitzjohn mystery, which is number 6 in a great Series. Set in the lovely garden village of Leura in the Blue Mountains (Australia), it is an engaging, pacy read and had me hooked from the first to the last page. Most importantly it kept me guessing right until the end - which is just what you want in a good mystery. I'll look forward to joining Fitzjohn on his next investigation! ...more
PWA Allen
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A real pleasure! I truly enjoyed this mystery of a well known artist who was murdered. There are plenty of suspects. Then there's a few twists that start you rethinking everything. The characters are fun, some quirky, some nosey, some with murder in mind. What makes the story is learning the background of these characters. I knew what had happened when Claire was poisoned.
I've already downloaded " Lanes End " and can't wait to read it. I believe I've found a new author to follow.
Scott aka Prison Preacher
An enjoyable read

It’s been awhile since I read ‘A Fitzjohn Mystery’ that is one of the challenges for me reading so many series. But having Poisened Palette on my Kindle Unlikted list for awhile I finally got around to checking my reviews on previous books and was surprised to see they were 4 stars. Poisend Pen keeps the streak of four going.

A clean read, no sex, no profanity, etc. Just a good old fashioned mystery, the way a good mystery should be.
Gerald Davis
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down.

Fitzjohn is an old school detective who applies common sense and hard work to root out the culprits. I've read them all and if you are a fan of Sir Arthur
Conan- Doyle you will enjoy this series.
Wendy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was lent to me by my neighbour who is mentioned in the acknowledgments. The plot was pretty transparent, editing was needed and the characters are pretty simple. It was better than I thought it would be, but not a good read.
Wendy Hughes
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hurray for Fitzjohn

Another winner! I do enjoy the fast pace and the interesting twists and turns. The characters quickly become endearing or despicable as the case may be. A very enjoyable book!
Dazeeann
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good mystifying read

Keeps you guessing and drags you deeper into a mystery leading the reader down a path that has a very surprising twist, and an unexpected turn of events surrounding . Who really is the target here, you will delight in reading
Doreen
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent!

This series is delightful! Cozy mystery at its best, our police duo are endearing characters who are dedicated to solving each crime. Plots are clever and intricate! Enjoy.
Anne Turnley
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Murder in the blue mountains

These Fitzjohn mysteries are great, Agatha Christie quality. First one person is murdered and next an attempt is made on the life of an associate. Meanwhile Fitzjohn's nemesis has transferred him to another station many miles away.
Ewa Hammer
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommend

Good mystery with interesting characters and unexpected twists. Many threads skillfully woven. Highly recommend. For the intelligent reader who enjoys solving complicated puzzles .
Sharon
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

I love reading this series of Fitzjohn mysteries. The characters are I interesting and the story line is well developed.
Cynthia A
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some people are just crooked

The storyline was good and flowed at a good pace. First time reading this author, but it won’t be the last.
C.A. Knutsen
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent mystery, a joy to read

Unexpected twists and turns make this mystery enjoyable to read. The characters are all well described and fit their roles very well.
Lois Buck
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poisoned Palette

A fun, light mystery. After an artist is murdered, it turns out that there are quite a number of viable suspects.
Jeremy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful mystery

This tale was exciting and well-crafted with engaging characters. Well worth the read! I look forward to many more Fitzjohn mysteries.
Sharon
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Pleasant and satisfying crime to be solved read. Mind set of detectives add interest to this mystery series. 3.5 star recommended series.
Cathy Roberts
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

An amazing story that kept me reading. The characters are amazing and keep You curious. Definitely a must read enjoy.
Liz Etnyre
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Probably my favorite so far - or maybe just really caring quite a bit about Fitzjohn and Betts now. Anyway, lovely little mysteries! Will stand alone, but best read in order. 4.5 stars.
Virginia
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An artist is murdered. Almost every character is suspected at some point. A well-developed book and interesting characters.
paulette sarelli
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery

Love the way Fit z John goes about solving the crime. Him and Betts make a great team. Loved the happy ending.
SUE
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
many twist and turns. real curve ball at the end
sharon sobzak
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

Fitzjohn is his usual investigative self as he interviews and fathers the necessary information to solve the case. An easy quick read.
Wanda
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I like this series and I liked this book but, it had some continuity issues. That always bothers me. It just needs better editing.
Steven Moore
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: addicts of the series
Recommended to Steven by: myself
You'll find the review on my blog. ...more
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Looking forward to more of these.

• Smoke and Mirrors (Sloane Monroe, #8)
  • The Case Of The Dotty Dowager: a cozy Welsh murder mystery full of twists (WISE Enquiries Agency Mysteries Book 1)
  • The Trouble at Turtle Beach: A Kate Benedict Paranormal Mystery (The Kate Benedict Series Book 6)
  • The Incumbent Coroner (Fenway Stevenson Mysteries Book 2)
  • A Misty Morning Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 4)
  • Partners In Crime (Hubbert & Lil #1)
  • Murder with All the Trimmings (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #4)
  • Joey Mancuso Mysteries Vol 1-5
  • Murder, Mayhem and Bliss (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 1)
  • Element of Secrecy (Element Mysteries #1)
  • Frozen (Vera Stanhope, #8.5)
  • Pretty is as Pretty Dies (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder at the Old Abbey (Havard & Lambert Mysteries, #2)
  • The Haunting of Bregoli Estate (A Riveting Haunted House Mystery Series, #18)
  • Fury (Kate Redman Mysteries, #11)
  • Murder and Brandy Boy (Liz Lucas Mystery #2)
  • Murder Unleashed (Dead-End Job Mystery, #5)
  • Killing by Numbers (Bridget Hart #2)
Jill Paterson is best known for her popular Fitzjohn Mystery Series. Set in the city of Sydney and its environs, it features DCI Alistair Fitzjohn. A police officer of the old guard, Fitzjohn's methodical, painstaking methods are viewed by some as archaic. Nevertheless, over the years, they have brought him success as well as the respect of all but one of his colleagues; Chief Superintendent Grieg ...more

Alistair Fitzjohn (8 books)
  • The Celtic Dagger (Alistair Fitzjohn, #1)
  • Murder at the Rocks (Alistair Fitzjohn, #2)
  • Once Upon a Lie (Alistair Fitzjohn, #3)
  • Lane's End (Alistair Fitzjohn, #4)
  • Deadly Investment (Alistair Fitzjohn, #5)
  • The Fourth String (Alistair Fitzjohn, #7)
  • Rose Scented Murder (Alistair Fitzjohn #8)