Start by marking “Hometaker (The Great Iron War #6)” as Want to Read:
Hometaker (The Great Iron War #6)

Hometaker

(The Great Iron War #6)

The Resistance races against time to complete the missile-launcher known as the Hometaker, capable of opening a gateway to the land the Regime came from, and exposing the Iron Emperor for all the evils he has done.

Everything rests on the secrecy of the mission, but from day one tongues are wagging. The atmosphere is like dynamite. An overheard word could light the fuse.
Published December 16th 2016 by Dioscuri Press

To ask other readers questions about Hometaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometaker

Start your review of Hometaker (The Great Iron War #6)
Liz
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, steampunk, war
I actually can’t quite believe this series, The Great Iron War has come to a conclusion. I have been following this series from the very first day, my very grateful thanks to author Dean F. Wilson for allowing me to embark on this journey with all of the characters, and I must say- I am a very satisfied reader indeed. The 6 books in The Great Iron War series have been a hell of a journey full of battles, small and big victories, a huge cast of different characters and many heartstopping moments. ...more
Andy Peloquin
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I loved about this story: The circle is closed!
After years of reading these great books, I was happy to finally reach the end and receive that satisfying conclusion to the story. It did the rest of the series justice and closed the story in a way that I felt good about. Not necessarily a "happy ending", but the fitting ending the series deserved.
I LOVED the various plot twists and turns in this book. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I'd have to say "I didn't see that coming!" They tota
Sherry Hill
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I guess you could say that Dean Wilson saved the best for last. This book ties in all the loose ties from previous books. Perhaps it's just me, but I hate to see a story lose any characters, good oer bad. But it's almost like Game of Thrones - someone has to die but you don't know who it is right up until the moment it happens. I found it to be indicative of excellent creative talent to end so many of the chapters with a cliff hanger. It made it hard to put the book down at any given time. It ma ...more
David Wright
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And so the final instalment is ended. After being with the characters over the course of 6 books, it's almost with a sense of loss to bring things to a close. Although the last book, this still went out in style.

Tensions rise and reach breaking point when Rommond and Co head off to fight the Iron Emperor. This final chapter has lots of backstabbing, secret rendezvous and broken allegiances which will have you second guessing who is on whose side. Add to this some laugh out loud antics from Porri
Rosemary
Hometaker - a review by Rosemary Kenny

The final epic battle for Altadas' very existence is wonderfully created in Dean F Wilson's 6th book in the Great Iron War series, a Sci-Fi Dystopian Adventure like no other you'll be amazed by this year.
General Rommond, Jacob, Whistler, Lorelei, the Iron Emperor and of course that 'Man With No Name-like flawed hero with a monowheel, Nox, the bounty-seeking Coilhunter, all have their various exciting roles to play, in saving the world and the countless other
Chris
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
The book seemed to just fizzle out at the end. I think the story to be told was far greater than the amount of pages allotted for it. There weren't enough details and some story points were just ended too quickly and convenient. That's not what you want after reading 6 books. I want things fleshed out....not rushed. I enjoyed what was there but wanted more.....more for me, more for the characters....MORE for the story.

It's definitely well worth checking out the Coilhunter series because there we
Liquid Frost
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Well, as this series comes to a close, it ends with quite a bit of destruction, death, and betrayal. So, it is a good conclusion - not a rainbow and kittens ending. I'm not going to delve into the story. Why? Because if you are here - you had 5 books to tell you everything you need to know up to this point. Win, Lose, or Draw - this is the big finale. Enjoy.

4.5/5 Stars. Quick pace with plenty of action.

ARC provided by author.
Justin
YES! Another home run by the talented Dean Wilson. Yes, I may have gotten a free copy of this book in exchange for a review, but I am nothing if not honest, so if I was unhappy with this book, everyone would know. There isn't too much to disappoint me about the final book in the Great Iron War series, although there were a few moments where I wasn't sure how this review would end up sounding. Thankfully, my favorite characters survived, I can comfortably give Hometaker 4 out of 5 stars, and I ca ...more
Jonel
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print
Holy smokes! What a rush! Wilson had me captivated from cover to cover. Vivid storytelling combined with an intensely exciting plot combine for a wildly imaginative tale that I couldn't get enough of. I love how the short chapters added intensity and urgency to the story as a whole. Wilson's in depth world building also continues throughout drawing readers deeper into the story.

I love how my favourite characters returned to shine once more while others showed the darker side of life. The clash o
Roberto
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nachdem mir der letzte Band der Reihe weit weniger gefallen hat als die vorherigen Bände, ging ich an das Finale mit gemischten Gefühlen heran. Tatsächlich brauchte ich mir aber gar keine Sorgen machen, denn Hometaker ist das meiner Meinung nach beste Buch der Reihe und schafft einen würdigen Abschluss.

Die Geschichte fängt dort an, wo die letzte aufgehört hat. Emotionen sprühen und alle Figuren ziehen Bilanz und stellen sich ihrer letzten Entscheidung. Erneut steht eine militärische Mission im V
Paul Ryan
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great ending to one heck of a series! Lots of twists, turns, and page-turning moments that keep you enticed until the very end. The Iron Emperor's big moment and the shocking moments afterwards were certainly one of the most memorable moments in the series for me. All in all, a great series for fans of Steampunk and Fantasy alike!
Rupert
Aug 30, 2019
Mirko Mujic
Feb 11, 2017
Dean
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Mandy Walkden-Brown
May 19, 2017
Steve Podlaski
May 03, 2018

• The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author

Dean F. Wilson was born in Dublin, Ireland in 1987. He started writing at age 11.

He is the author of the Children of Telm epic fantasy trilogy, the Great Iron War steampunk series, the Coilhunter Chronicles science-fiction western series, the Hibernian Hollows urban fantasy series, and the Infinite Stars space opera series.

Dean previously worked as

The Great Iron War (6 books)
  • Hopebreaker (The Great Iron War, #1)
  • Lifemaker (The Great Iron War, #2)
  • Skyshaker (The Great Iron War #3)
  • Landquaker (A Sci-Fi Dystopian Adventure) (The Great Iron War Book 4)
  • Worldwaker (The Great Iron War, #5)

News & Interviews