Start by marking “The Intuitives” as Want to Read:
The Intuitives

The Intuitives

IMAGINATION JUST BECAME OUR GREATEST WEAPON.

In Egypt, an archaeological team discovers the lost tomb of Alexander the Great. Seven years later, every public school student in America takes a strange new test, but only six are chosen to attend a summer program at the mysterious Institute for the Cultivation of Intuitive Cognition, where nothing is as it appears to be, inclu
Published July 25th 2017 by Trash Dogs Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Intuitives, please sign up.
Erin Sky Hi, Danielle! Thanks for the question! That's going to depend a lot on our readers. If they ask us to make it a series, we'll do it! So in a way, it's…moreHi, Danielle! Thanks for the question! That's going to depend a lot on our readers. If they ask us to make it a series, we'll do it! So in a way, it's really up to you! At the moment it's a standalone, but we have plenty of ideas about where the story could go next. So if you find yourself hoping for more, definitely let us know!(less)
Erin Sky Hey, thanks for the question! There will be a limited number of book boxes for sale so people who really wanted to win a box can still get one. We don…moreHey, thanks for the question! There will be a limited number of book boxes for sale so people who really wanted to win a box can still get one. We don't want anyone to be disappointed!

We're not sure *exactly* what items will be in it, but it will definitely include a hardcover copy (the last Goodreads box will include a hardcover) as well as the bonus items that are tied most closely to the book itself. (No spoilers!)

We're in the process right now of figuring out how to make them available. If there's something specific you *especially* want to see in there, definitely let us know! When we have it figured out, I'll update this answer and post the info on my author blog. :)

{Update: we're up and running! There are a limited number of book boxes for sale at http://trashdogs.com for those who are interested. Thanks again for the question!}(less)
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra ClareKing's Cage by Victoria AveyardCarve the Mark by Veronica RothCaraval by Stephanie GarberFlame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
YA Novels of 2017
1,098 books — 8,458 voters
Caraval by Stephanie GarberThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasWintersong by S. Jae-JonesGilded Cage by Vic JamesBlood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
YA Debuts 2017
220 books — 1,567 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Intuitives
Erin Sky
Dec 03, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now that The Intuitives has been out for almost two months, I wanted to change the little note about ARCs that I had left here back in December. (To be notified when ARCs are available for our future books, you can sign up for our mailing list at http://dragonauthors.com.)

I loved writing this book. The characters all spoke to me, and the theme is close to my heart. Everyone matters. Everyone's unique take on the world--what they notice, how they think, what they care about--matters. And what's e
Ashley Daviau
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to start this review by stating that I received an arc paperback of the book from the authors in exchange for an honest review. This in no way changes or affects my review.

I was a little bit sceptical at first when I saw that the main characters of this book were quite young. But my worries quickly proved to be unfounded and I was actually quite impressed with how maturely the characters were written and how much I enjoyed them and their interactions!

I was instantly drawn into the story
Sinead
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I'm already going to treasure this book as it was my very first physical ARC! (Being from Ireland, it’s easier for companies to send them through my Kindle, so this was a lovely gesture). Thanks again to Trash Dog Media Publishers for sending this book out in exchange for this honest review. It does not impact my review in any way.*

I really enjoyed this book. It had great characters, an interesting storyline, and always kept me on my toes.

So what’s the story? It starts off in Egypt, where a ve
☆Stephanie☆
Title: The Intuitives
Authors: Erin Michelle Sky, Steven Brown
Publisher: Trash Dogs Media, 2017 (July 25)
Genre: YA Fantasy

**I received a copy of this ARC free from the publisher and authors in exchange for an honest review**

This review can be found on my Blog, TeacherofYA’s Tumblr, or my Goodreads page

My Review:

Ok, so you know how I feel about covers, and when I first got this, I was a little disillusioned…until I saw that it actually is a very strong cover.

I’ve been lucky enough to have this co
Joel Leonidas
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Intuitives is a quite fascinating read for me. It was also unique and diverse and the plotline is really great. You can’t think of any YA that will show what this book has. It was indeed original in my taste and the course of my adventure with it was amazing. Before I add more, let’s see first how the story goes in no spoiler way.

The story was introduced in Egypt where a tomb is opened and then transported years later to the present, revealing every important character that will hone the plo
Cassie C
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to come!!

Update 10/12/17:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

Actual rating: 4.5 stars!

There is a lot to love about this story and I was hooked right from the start! With an interesting and unique plot, fantastic characters, and brilliant writing...there is no way you won't love this story!

I want to intentionally stay a little vague in regards to the plot because it's better to stay in the dark until you actually find out what is going on. However, what I will say is that thi
Bob Confessore
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Intuitives is the debut novel of co-authors Erin Michelle Sky and Steven Brown.

A fascinating, fantastical story of six extraordinary and engaging young adults, each with unique and “intuitive” abilities – abilities they didn’t even know they had; that is, until they are brought together for a reason they could not possibly understand. The individual personalities of each of the main characters are well developed, and the interpersonal relationships between them lead to strong bonds that hel
Amber
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Each of the characters was well thought-out and developed. I enjoyed seeing the relationships and trust among the characters progress throughout. The plot was captivating to me.

My only disappointment is that I feel like we weren't left with much resolve - Did they ever come up with a way to defeat the dark beings that didn't involve so much risk to themselves/the light beings? Did they ever find a way to train others to use their unconscious minds to see the being
Kristen Hall
I loved this book so much! The beginning is a tad bit slow, but it picks up almost immediately after and doesn't slow back down. As much as I liked the premise, I loved the characters even more. It's typically difficult to have six main characters with chapters in each point of view (even if they're in third person) and have them still sound different and real, but that's exactly what happened with this book. I especially loved Roman and his sibling-like friendship with Rush and all of the other ...more
thelovelyshelf
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
My rating: 3.75 / 5 stars

This book was so refreshing to me! It was so unique and diverse, and I adored the characters. Also, I found that The Intuitives was so original, and that's something you don't see often in YA novels today! I was definitely pleasantly surprised by that!

All of the characters seemed to develop very well. They were also so real! I felt as if I was right there with them the entire time. I really loved reading about these characters & their awesome friendship!

The Intuitives wa
Megan
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I generously received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book was so addicting that I finished it in less than two days. I couldn't wait to find out what the Homeland Security wanted with a group of kids and then later to learn of their special abilities.
I loved learning about different mythological creatures, how an unlikely group of kids learned how to work together and finally learning a bit about what was going on.
This book was a fascinating mix of mystery, adventure,
Miles Morton II
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erin & Steven are great authors. I've enjoyed reading all of their works. The Intuitives is no different. From the beginning to the end, I was enthralled by the creativity, atmosphere and character development throughout this tale.

The careful and meticulous attention given to each character, setting, time, and space was more than I expected (I expect a lot from them).

I fully encourage everyone to give this book a read. I consider it a must read. I've read it twice now, and will revisit it a th
Errin Krystal
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So what did I like about this book? Ummm... Everything! What wasn't there to like! Intriguing characters, government secrets, ancient legends and mysterious abilities. Oh, and mythical creatures! Even the lack of romantic plot did not deter me!

The story begins in Egypt, where Alexander the Great's tomb has been opened, then moves ahead 7 years to present day America, where the students are about to undergo a new standardized test. The plot itself definitely kept me guessing. I have to admit, I h
Bailey
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I would give almost anything to see this become a Netflix series, this needs to be a Netflix series.

This book is a spectacle. It's the kind of story I wish I could write - so unlike anything else I've read and written in a way that can be understood and enjoyed by all ages. There are elements of fantasy / mythology yet it didn't feel like a fantasy book, and the main characters are ages 11-17 yet it doesn't feel like YA. Every character is so cool and interesting and had my full attention (excep
Sarah Olson
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! The Intuitives is one of the most unique YA books I've read in a long while. Yes, there were tropes, but they worked.

I normally fall in love with the plot of a book, but with this one, it was the cast of characters who hooked me. I loved every single one of them! I wish there were a sequel; I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Energy
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The blurb for this book was interesting, and so I chose to read it, and am insanely glad that I did. While the book needs to lay out the background for each of the students attending the school, it might seem to the reader that they aren't getting to the meat of the book. But it's the backgrounds that get you excited about who you are going to be reading about.
After I "met" each of the characters, they were wooshed together and from their initial meeting, I was hooked. I loved how each of their
Jonathan Cook
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book unequivocally. This is a fun and fascinating story that introduces us to a great team of heroes as well as reminds us all that we all have the capacity to develop our own heroic relationship to the world. Having been lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC copy I wanted to be sure to savor this story. Oops. I soared through the pages and was finished the day after I started. I have savored the reread... and the one after that. I am discovering nuance with each visit, and am ...more
Shristhi
Jun 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
Lookin' cool! Guys, go check out the synopsis!
gj indieBRAG
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that THE INTUITIVES by Erin Michelle Sky and Steven Brown is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Jack Cook
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is for anyone who knows people, who recognizes subtleties, is aware and interested in their intuitions, and/or is interested in the times and exploits of Alexander the Great -- fun, fascinating, well written, and attuned to history.
Joanna
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I entered a number of Goodreads Giveaways for The Intuitives. I really wanted this book, and although my subliminal chants of "pick me, pick me" never came to fruition, I knew I had to buy it anyway. So many times, my enjoyment of a book depends on when in life I read it. The Intuitives, however, is one of those books I think I would love no matter my age or mood or circumstances. It's well-written, unique, and just plain fun.

Any plans for a book #2? 😊
L.J. Capehart
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm totally hooked on this writing duo! I started out reading their work with "The Wendy", and was totally taken with it. So, naturally I bought their other book right away, hoping for something just as good. I was NOT disappointed. I can without question say that I want more from these authors! I was hooked on this story as well, as soon as I started reading. This book will lead to a very engrossing series, if they're so inclined to write more. I'll be waiting for the next book!
Ruth Cook
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Intuitives is a must-read. Totally engaging, I would have read it in one sitting if life's necessities had not interrupted. The suspenseful situation intertwined with getting to know each young person is masterfully written. It is a captivating story with a wonderful blending of fact, fantasy, thriller, and human capability.
Trish Jiles
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vivid images will spark your imagination in this captivating battle between good and evil, leaving readers anxiously awaiting a sequel! Great read for anyone young or old who enjoys science fiction and even for those who didn’t know they did.
Nicole "GiGi" Klem
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A superb, character driven contemporary fantasy novel about a group of kids with unique abilities who find that their summer study camp is more then it appears. Appropriate for middle-grade and perfect for YA. Highly recommended!
Nicola
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this. Well written and engaging
Amy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There had better be a second book! Please?
Toni
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a bit of a slow start, I thoroughly enjoyed this. A fantastic new slant on magic that has me needing the next instalment, like, yesterday!!!
Donna Alvis
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Intuitives was one of the best Young Adult books I've read in awhile. At first you might think it's going to be another dystopian adventure involving young teens saving something...but it's so much more than that! It builds on the lives of six young people, each with a special set of gifts that sometimes alienates them from the world at large. As they are drawn into a world that uses their collective gifts in a way they could never have imagined, one sees the inner obstacles they must overco ...more
Teresa Lavender
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book here on goodreads. Oh My God! It has been a long time since a book has hooked me so that I could not put it down. I read this in 2 days - but only because I had to go to work. I sincerely hope this is the beginning of a series because I NEED the story to continue. The character introduction and development was pure genius. The story line had just enough twists and turns to keep me interested. There was a bit of predictability but one didn't know the exact form it would take - tha ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
The Immortal Readers: April Book Of The Moth 1 11 Apr 11, 2017 03:32PM

• The Frost Eater (The Magic Eaters Trilogy, #1)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Fate of Dragons (Dragons Rising, #1)
  • The Last Emperox (The Interdependency, #3)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • The City We Became (Great Cities #1)
  • Loony Town (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #2)
  • A Bottle Full of Djinn (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #1)
  • Frost (Midnight Ice, #1)
  • Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon (Jane Austen's Dragons, #1)
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (Andy Carpenter #20)
  • Damn the Consequences: A Catherine Harker, Vampire Hunter Novella (The Harker Legacy Book 0)
  • Reticence (Custard Protocol, #4)
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • Beating About the Bush (Agatha Raisin, #30)
  • Shorefall (Founders, #2)
  • The Undefeated
Erin Michelle Sky & Steven Brown, Dragon Authors

As a child, Erin fell in love with llamas and with the books of Anne McCaffrey, whose Dragonriders of Pern series inspired her to become a writer. When she finally met Anne McCaffrey at a fantasy convention some two decades later, she wept uncontrollably throughout the entire affair. She does significantly better with llamas.

Steven Brown spent his ch