Start by marking “Wonder Woman, Volume 3: The Truth” as Want to Read:
Wonder Woman, Volume 3: The Truth

Wonder Woman, Volume 3: The Truth

(Wonder Woman (2016) #3)

A part of DC Universe Rebirth!

New York Times best-selling writer Greg Rucka continues his return to WONDER WOMAN! Rucka is joined by fan favorite artist Liam Sharp as Diana's life is unraveling around her. Diana’s search for the truth about herself, her history, and her home Themyscira, takes her on a journey into darkness. But the price of understanding may be one sacrifi
Paperback, Trade, 168 pages
Published August 29th 2017 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Woman, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Woman, Volume 3

Anne
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, it's an extremely readable story, but there's just not much substance behind it.

description

So, this entire time, I'm thinking that Diana's wonky memory problems were do to the whole Rebirth Smiley Face Button mystery thing. I've been faithfully reading these with the expectation that (at least a part of) that story was being told here in the Wonder Woman title. For those of you out there who are making the same assumptions, let me save you some time, ok? Wonder Woman's search for The Truth of her mul
Chad
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This volume is called The Truth but it made me more confused than ever. The book opens with Diana in an almost catatonic state, driven mad by not knowing what the truth is any longer. She goes to the nuthouse, talks to a worm for several pages which Rucka could have better used to explain what the hell is going on. Something, something about Ares being trapped and Thermyscira was in there. I don't really know. DC has changed continuity for Wonder Woman multiple times since Rucka last wrote the b ...more
Artemy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great conclusion to Rucka's second Wonder Woman run. This is the other half of Wonder Woman Vol. 4: Godwatch, and both books should actually be read simultaneously to get the whole picture, or else just read individual issues in their numeric order.

Anyway, The Truth was probably the best Wonder Woman arc since Hiketeia. An emotional story, which shows exactly why Diana is such an brilliant and powerful character. And it's surprising, considering how underwhelming the beginning of this run was.
Jesse A
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Took a bit to get into gear but still enjoying the series.
Richard
Like the first two volumes, the issues in this book and Volume 4 should be read in tandem for the best effect. Greg Rucka's Rebirth run is brought to a dramatic close here as Diana, Steve, Cheetah, and the villainous Veronica Cale and her Godwatch team all converge in Diana's effort to find out the truth about her past. It's still a bit unnecessarily convoluted but still very enjoyable.
James DeSantis
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good conclusion. This picks up pretty much where volume 1 left off. I liked the first volume but didn't love it. Wonder Woman is in the loony bin and trying to figure out the truth. When her friends come to rescue her it all begins to make sense. Sacrifices, lies, and fights all begin to erupt in this storyline to conclude Greg's run.

Good: The art is still solid though a little dark for my taste. Still good though. The the ending to the arc was a lot better than the start and got me
Rory Wilding
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
What we saw in the first volume sets up an interesting dilemma for Diana Prince as she questions her own reality and sets out on a journey to discover what’s behind The Lies and why she can’t return to Themyscir. It was fun, even if it was an ultimately frustrating read as Rucka never fulfills in giving us answers. Following the second volume titled Year One, which retold her origin story (for the umpteenth time), Rucka reaches the climax of Diana’s quest with The Truth.

Please click here for my
Todd Glaeser
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a big WW fan, but I really, really like what Greg Rucka is doing here.
Greyson [Use Your Words]
Wonder Woman, DC Rebirth Series Ratings:
Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies: ★★★★
Wonder Woman, Volume 2: Year One: ★★★★
Wonder Woman, Volume 3: The Truth: ★★★
Wonder Woman, Volume 4: Godwatch: Lost Interest in Series
— >This year I am doing Graphic Novel December.
My plan is it to read one GN for each day of the month. So 31 in total!
I'll keep a running total in the review of each GN as I read them to help me keep track and for anyone following to see where I am at as well!
GN #1: Wonder Woman, Vo
Nicole
Hannah
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Story: Diana Prince has been driven mad by her memories and not being able to tell what the truth from a lie. Thinking she finally made it home to Themyscira, but she hasn’t. Steve manages to find her just in time to thwart the evil forces that are trying to get to Themyscira, those same forces have gone after all of Diana’s friends Etta and Barbara Ann are in hiding. Steve has no other choice but to lock Diana away in a hospital until he can get her allies back together again. Meanwh
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
*Slow clap
This rebirth is so freaking good 1000% would recommend.
Sesana
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
It's a great story, with a good explanation of what's been going on with Diana since Rucka came back. I still don't like the concept of the stories alternating issues. It doesn't really affect the collected version, but it would be really irritating to read in monthly issues.
Danielle
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this review and more on my blog, uncovered-books.

I received a free copy of Wonder Woman Volume 3: The Truth from DC Comics in exchange for my honest opinion.

For those of you who have been struggling with what is going on in Wonder Woman’s series in Rebirth, The Truth will clear up everything that has happened (well at least it did for me).

The story made both the first and second volumes make a lot more sense, but at the same time it was not necessary to have read either of them. In Volume 1
Kay
3.5
This volume read a little choppy, but overall it was enjoyable, fast-paced, and it (Vol 3.) kept the story moving.

We sadly have ugly Steve back... description

But the action and characters we all love are all back as well! (view spoiler) & with the inclusion of Ares and Diana's patron gods, this is starting to feel like an old WW comic... which brings me to all the things I did and didn't lik
Shannon Appelcline
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Rucka's second Wonder Woman run began with a promise: the lies behind Diana's life would be revealed. As he delved into past continuity from his original run, from John Byrne's run, and elsewhere, it was obvious that he was taking her character back to the roots, and that we were going to get a reveal of why she'd been fed lies about her birth, her patrons, and such in the nu52 run.

Rucka's second Wonder Woman run ends with the revelation of a totally different lie, about her home and her greate
Edna L. (thebooknymph)
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
That ending <3
Melissa
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
I love when a story arc comes together. Great conclusion to the Truth and Lies story arc!
Stephanie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved it but the way the "divine madness" subplot was concluded was incredibly anticlimactic. Like....why did we even go there?
Wing Kee
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A hell of a job rewiring all that canon.

World: The art is good, Liam Sharp gives the characters a lot of expression and a very muted, grounded melancholy quality that is a good counter to the Nicola Scott bright and beautiful in the even numbers. The world building is fantastic, building upon the past and moving towards a somewhat answer for what is really canon. Rucka had a lot of things to organize in this world and he did a relatively good and poetic job and I enjoyed it. Calling back Ferdina
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
fter adoring Vol 2, I was so excited to pick up Vol 3 of Wonder Woman Rebirth! Whereas I felt the plot was lacking in the former instalment, I was blown away by the intriguing and suspenseful plot in this one. I did find it slightly hard to follow at times but that's probably because I never read Vol 1 and I heard this one explains and expands on the events in the first book.

It was heartbreaking seeing Diana and Barbara Minerva struggle so much mentally in this book and they both seemed more fra
Cassie Winters
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Wow, when I saw the image of Diana on the back cover of Diana in a straight jacket with the words “Divine Madness” on it I wanted to be like “Oh no, Rucka jumped off the deep end” but I found out that he didn’t do that. He wrote a story that allowed Wonder Woman to center back on herself, while giving plenty of room to develop the supporting cast that was lacking in previous incarnations of the book. Diana has to reexamine herself and figure out aspects of her personality given the bombshell lie ...more
Kate
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the later half more than the first bit, even though the first half did have us dealing with a greatly diminished Diana and her friends trying their best to muddle on without her. I also really liked the beginning with Steve's POV dealing with the shell of Diana he has left but I found myself not as invested in Diana's recovery as I could have been. Once she was back to fighting form and out to get the truth with a vengeance I was all for it again. The last few pages were really cute too.
Dariusz Płochocki
Jako miękki reset całej historii Wonder Woman po New 52 sprawdza się cała historia nieźle, ciekawe co dalej pokaże Rucka, sama seria trzyma poziom, chociaż zabieg pokazania nam co drugiego tomu, by nie przeplatać przeszłości z teraźniejszością trochę dziwi. Mimo wszystko najsłabszy z trzech tomów, no i niestety rysunki trochę rażą.
Minotaur <3
Erin
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm incredibly thankful that I ended up reading volume 2 and 4 before reading this one as I felt that really helped me better understand the story and enjoy it more than I would have otherwise. But, as I mentioned with volume 1, there seemed to be something missing from this story.

I don't feel like the art was as good as it was in another volume and then nothing in the story truly gripped me and kept me super interested in it. The storyline is overall, rather bland for me.
Tomas
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think that wonder woman is now in her own golden age. Azzarello wrote amazing stories and Rucka is continuing to do so as well. There is only one drawback there is not enough of those stories.
Gully
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diana shows strength and emotion that is complimented really well by Liam Sharp’s art. This volume sheds light on some of the mysteries from volume one, ‘The Lies’. I really like Ares’s role in this, and how Rucka presents him as a more humane character than seen previously.

This felt very much like an end to the storyline, but I am assuming that’s because of the way the issues are collected—and the next volume will help make even more sense of what I have read thus far. I look forward to revisi
Nicola Mansfield
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This arc proposes to set the record straight and iron out all the inconsistencies that are a part of Wonder Woman's canon. Diana has lost her memory and is trying to get back home to Theymyscria, while "Team Poison" is after Diana so she can lead them to the secret gate connecting to Theymistria. Trying to keep her safe are Steve Trevor, Etta Candy and Dr. Minerva. Lots of action. Diana does have to go it alone at the end though. But the inconsistency they wrapped up well, I thought, was how Dia ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]
Diana knows the lies, and now she must discover the truth, as her past comes back to haunt her in this third storyline which ran concurrently with volume 4: Godwatch.

Unlike the first two volumes, it's very difficult to review The Truth without mentioning Godwatch and vice versa, because a lot of what happens in one is influenced/influences the other. The two stories are much more intertwined, and feed into the ultimate conclusion in issue 25 as all of Rucka's storylines co
Katie
Aug 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well this was a giant steaming pile of disappointment. I accidentally started with Vol 2, but it was beautifully illustrated, I was absolutely able to follow the plot, and Diana had agency, power, & grace. As I started reading this, I had to come back to Goodreads to make sure I'd picked up the right sequel.

Apparently, Wonder Woman's story was being told in a multitude of other comics and Vol 3 was a hot mess for anyone who hasn't read them. Tons of events have happened that are referenced,
Greg Rucka, is an American comic book writer and novelist, known for his work on such comics as Action Comics, Batwoman: Detective Comics, and the miniseries Superman: World of New Krypton for DC Comics, and for novels such as his Queen & Country series.

Wonder Woman (2016) (8 books)
  • Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies