Start by marking “your name., Vol. 1 (manga)” as Want to Read:
your name., Vol. 1 (manga)

your name., Vol. 1

(君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) #1)

A story of two people determined to hold on to one another.
Mitsuha, a high school girl from a town deep in the mountains, dreams of an unfamiliar life in Tokyo. Taki, a high school boy from Tokyo, dreams that he is a girl living in the mountains. As the two begin swapping lives, a miraculous story is set in motion.
Published June 20th 2017 by Yen Press (first published August 23rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about your name., Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about your name., Vol. 1

Raeleen Lemay
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicomanga, own
This was so good! I definitely recommend watching the movie before picking this up (the movie was made first after all, and the plot could be confusing if you haven't seen it!) especially because the movie was BEAUTIFUL. The animation and the music were so amazing, and the plot is also very well thought out and executed flawlessly. I'll definitely be checking out more Makoto Shinkai movies in the near future! Also, can't wait for the rest of the manga adaptation to come out so I can read them al ...more
Repellent Boy
El manga es totalmente fiel a la novela y sigue la línea completamente. A por el volumen 2.
Aliix
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me muero, la historia está bellisima
Necesito ya el segundo tomo<3

Sara Bow
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wunderschöne Zeichnungen und tolle Story - freue mich auf Band 2!
Jana
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
Das war der erste Manga, der ich gelesen habe. Eigentlich dachte ich immer, Mangas seien nichts für mich. Aber ich muss sagen, es hat mir wirklich Spass gemacht „your name“ zu lesen. Ich glaube, ich bin gerade auf den Manga-Geschmack gekommen 😊 Gibt es Manga-Empfehlungen?
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
The movie is probably my favourite movie of all time, so I had to read the manga.
The narrative style and perspective is a little different to the movie. The manga is still worth reading for people who enjoyed the movie, but I'll still recommend the movie over the manga any day. The rating (3.5/5) is relative to how much I liked the movie (which is a whole lot).

However, something that was in the manga but wasn't in the movie and that I liked:
(view spoiler)
Neil R. Coulter
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the movie Your Name, so I was interested to read the manga adaptation. This first volume is basically just what's in the movie. A few scenes are slightly extended, but there are no significant changes. Because one of the things I love most about the film is the vibrant colors, the story isn't quite as interesting to me as a black-and-white manga. I think it would be fantastic as a full-color graphic novel.

I'll go ahead with the next two volumes of the story, but for me so far, this adapta
Artemy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Your Name, or Kimi No Na Wa, is an absolutely wonderful new Japanese animated film written and directed by the talented Makoto Shinkai. If you have a chance to go see it in theaters or watch it on Bluray or any other way, I would encourage anyone to do so — it is a visually gorgeous movie with great story and characters. It's beautiful, funny, thrilling, gut-wrenching and tear-jerking in all the best ways. It's probably in my top three movies of the year. This manga adaptation, though? I really ...more
Macarena Yannelli
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
This was fun.
El argumento es entretenido y las interacciones entre los personajes principales son súper dulces. El final con el súper game changer cambia todo lo previamente establecido, me encanto. Ya quiero el segundo.
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

About a year ago, during my flight to Tokyo, Japan, basically everyone on the flight was watching Your Name at one point or another. I didn't think anything of it and to be honest, I had no idea what it was so I decided to skip out on it. Fast forward many months later and I really wish I had watched it! I had heard nothing but amazing reviews and I really felt as though I had missed something special. Fast forward a few more months and I still haven't watched it, but I did find the manga versio
Beauty Mango
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hach ich liebe die Story einfach und muss direkt Band 2 lesen!
Bine
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein recht schön gezeichneter und kurzweiliger erster Band. Von der Story her ist noch nicht viel passiert. Man hat als Leser das Gefühl, noch ziemlich im Unklaren zu sein.
Den Zeichenstil mochte ich sehr. Eine schöne Balance von klaren Linien und schön ausgearbeiteten Hintergründen. Da ich Körpertauschgeschichten sehr mag, hatte ich Freude an der Geschichte, auch wenn die Charaktere mir noch sehr fremd sind und ich noch keine rechte Verbindung zu ihnen habe.
Also ein ganz netter erster Band mit ei
Tamyreads
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Die Geschichte ist einfach so süß und lustig zugleich.
Galena Sanz
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No tengo mucha experiencia leyendo mangas, solo me he leído un par de historias y la verdad es que me cuesta elegir.
Creo que lo he hecho bien con esta historia porque si bien es sencilla me ha entretenido y divertido.
Soy lectora de novelas, por lo que supongo que es normal que la historia de este primer tomo me pareciese breve, creo que lo mejor es tener los tres cerca para darle un nudo y un final, porque lo que aquí tenemos es la introducción de cómo se conocen estos dos personajes y como vive
Elisabeth
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Leider war mir hier das Tempo zu schnell und nach dem Lesen des Romans fehle es mir an Tiefe. Letzterer war einfach perfekt, da konnte der Manga nicht mithalten für mich.
Alexa
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m totally biased but I loved this manga. It was really fun to relive one of my favorite anime films through manga, and even though I knew how things were going to go, I still really enjoyed it.
Flor
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Please just stay away from that comet
Anni K. Mars
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hach, es ist so schön, die Geschichte noch einmal zu erleben <3 Schaut unbedingt den Film, bevor ihr den Manga oder das Buch lest!
Maud
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this together with Rebecca while being on Skype and I'm so happy that we did it like that. There were so many moments in this book that made me giggle and smile and then that final page basically broke my heart in a 1,000 pieces and I was able to cry on Rebecca's digital shoulder. So I would like to recommend that to other people too, read this together with someone.

Besides the many emotions that I felt I'm also super curious about what exactly is going on. We have decided to watch the mo
Maru
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Si no hubiera visto ya la película no podría soportar la espera para leer el tomo 2.
Me encantó ❤, a pesar de que la traducción deja mucho que desear (¿¿por qué usó el voseo el traductor??)
˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗
Woahhh I loved this, now I'm so so excited to see the movie again!
Adelle
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful! The art and the writing. It ended in a cliff-hanger, though. I need answers! Where is Volume 2?? (And no, don’t tell me to just watch the movie/anime)
Kristina
I am still trying to explore the vast world of manga and I am not sure this one impressed me that much. It was okay. It reminded me a lot of Freaky Friday.
Marte
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOTE: The rating given here is the average of all ratings given within the series

Ratings given to the Your Name-series
your name., Vol. 1 : 4 ⭐
君の名は (漫画) p.2 (Volume 2): 3.5 ⭐
your name., Vol. 3 : 4.5 ⭐
Average rating: 4 ⭐

I don't do manga-reviews, so I'm just going to leave it at this:
Your Name is a beautiful story of love and faith, which in my mind is best enjoyed with the visuals and audio present in the original film - if you ever have the opportunity; watch it!

Arta Sallabegolli
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay. But all the act like a girl stuff just did not sit well with me. Something that bothers me about manga is that they do not have a lot of depth. I do not know: the characters age, sort of confused about their names, their interests, their life, family? ... Also, why do they all look so similar? After reading saga, which is colorful and fun and full of depth, this was just a little too bland. But I still want to see where this goes. The only other manga series I have tried to read was ...more
Selena
It's cute, but it's pretty much word-for-word the movie. Given the choice, I think I'd rather watch the movie again, since this doesn't add anything.

It's more of a "which do you prefer" situation. If you like anime, watch the movie. If you prefer manga, read the manga. I think the anime was more visually stunning, but story-wise they're identical, so whichever you prefer.
Kairia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This manga adaptation didn't seem to contain as many scenes/details as the movie version does. I still enjoyed it and plan on reading the second volume, but I would highly recommend at some point experiencing the movie instead of contenting yourself with this manga series.
Banu Tahir
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've already seen the movie, but damn the manga is somehow deeper. I can see the conflict Mitsuha is fighting inside and this suits the story a lot. Definetly worth reading.
Cristina Lotusheart
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cosa lo dico a fare? Ho amato il romanzo, il film e anche il manga non è da meno. Fantastico!
BumfuzzledNerd
Ich liebe den Zeichnungsstil, aber die Geschichte an sich find ich etwas verwirrend. Für mich war nir ganz klar, ob die nun die Körper wieder getauscht haben oder ob sie wieder im Eigenen sind.

• Alice in Murderland, Vol. 2
  • Girls' Last Tour, Vol. 1 (Girls' Last Tour, #1)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 13
  • プラチナエンド 5 [Platina End 5] (Platinum End, #5)
  • Thermae Romae, Tome 1
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 3 (Naoki Urasawa's Monster: Kanzenban, #3)
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Rebellion, Vol. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Rebellion, #1)
  • 夢みる太陽 4 [Yume Miru Taiyou 4] (Dreaming Sun, #4)
  • パーフェクトワールド 1 (Perfect World, #1)
  • The One I Love
  • Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 7 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #7)
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 3 [Bungō Stray Dogs 3]
  • Le Maître des livres, tome #1 (Le Maître des livres #1)
SHINKAI Makoto
Name (in native language): 新海 誠
Associated Names:
СИНКАЙ Макото
Makoto Shinkai

Makoto Shinkai (新海 誠 Shinkai Makoto?), born as Makoto Niitsu (新津 誠 Niitsu Makoto?, February 9, 1973) is a Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. A native of the Nagano Prefecture, Shinkai studied Japanese literature at Chuo University where he was a member of juvenile literature club where he

君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) (3 books)
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2