Start by marking “your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)” as Want to Read:
your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)

your name., Vol. 1

(君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) #1)

A story of two people determined to hold on to one another.
Mitsuha, a high school girl from a town deep in the mountains, dreams of an unfamiliar life in Tokyo. Taki, a high school boy from Tokyo, dreams that he is a girl living in the mountains. As the two begin swapping lives, a miraculous story is set in motion.
Published June 20th 2017 by Yen Press (first published August 23rd 2016)

Start your review of your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)
Raeleen Lemay
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, graphicomanga
This was so good! I definitely recommend watching the movie before picking this up (the movie was made first after all, and the plot could be confusing if you haven't seen it!) especially because the movie was BEAUTIFUL. The animation and the music were so amazing, and the plot is also very well thought out and executed flawlessly. I'll definitely be checking out more Makoto Shinkai movies in the near future! Also, can't wait for the rest of the manga adaptation to come out so I can read them al ...more
Kylie Amber
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-read
*3.5 Stars*
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
The movie is probably my favourite movie of all time, so I had to read the manga.
The narrative style and perspective is a little different to the movie. The manga is still worth reading for people who enjoyed the movie, but I'll still recommend the movie over the manga any day. The rating (3.5/5) is relative to how much I liked the movie (which is a whole lot).

However, something that was in the manga but wasn't in the movie and that I liked:
(view spoiler)
Artemy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Your Name, or Kimi No Na Wa, is an absolutely wonderful new Japanese animated film written and directed by the talented Makoto Shinkai. If you have a chance to go see it in theaters or watch it on Bluray or any other way, I would encourage anyone to do so — it is a visually gorgeous movie with great story and characters. It's beautiful, funny, thrilling, gut-wrenching and tear-jerking in all the best ways. It's probably in my top three movies of the year. This manga adaptation, though? I really ...more
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

About a year ago, during my flight to Tokyo, Japan, basically everyone on the flight was watching Your Name at one point or another. I didn't think anything of it and to be honest, I had no idea what it was so I decided to skip out on it. Fast forward many months later and I really wish I had watched it! I had heard nothing but amazing reviews and I really felt as though I had missed something special. Fast forward a few more months and I still haven't watched it, but I did find the manga versio
Neil R. Coulter
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the movie Your Name, so I was interested to read the manga adaptation. This first volume is basically just what's in the movie. A few scenes are slightly extended, but there are no significant changes. Because one of the things I love most about the film is the vibrant colors, the story isn't quite as interesting to me as a black-and-white manga. I think it would be fantastic as a full-color graphic novel.

I'll go ahead with the next two volumes of the story, but for me so far, this adapta
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this manga already! Your Name has such a unique art style and storyline that it's not hard to fall in love with it.

The book follows two students, Mitsuha and Taki. Mitsuha wishes she was a boy who lived in the city, Tokyo whereas Taki wishes he was a girl from a small village. The two miraculously change bodies and have to adapt to each others lives at least 2-3 times a week. Although this is the first book in the series, a great story arc can definitely be seen and continued on from volu
Martina Krausová
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Manga ever and I think I've chosen a pretty good one.
At first I was confused because of it's format, but once I've got into it, I enjoyed it. The story is interesting, I don't mind the drawing style, the only thing I'd like to have is colors.
Flor
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, my-favorites
Please just stay away from that comet
Nour | نورٌ
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your name was one of my favorite manga and movie (the adaptation was amazing) 💙
Maud
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this together with Rebecca while being on Skype and I'm so happy that we did it like that. There were so many moments in this book that made me giggle and smile and then that final page basically broke my heart in a 1,000 pieces and I was able to cry on Rebecca's digital shoulder. So I would like to recommend that to other people too, read this together with someone.

Besides the many emotions that I felt I'm also super curious about what exactly is going on. We have decided to watch the mo
Adelle
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful! The art and the writing. It ended in a cliff-hanger, though. I need answers! Where is Volume 2?? (And no, don’t tell me to just watch the movie/anime)
˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗
Woahhh I loved this, now I'm so so excited to see the movie again!
Kristina
I am still trying to explore the vast world of manga and I am not sure this one impressed me that much. It was okay. It reminded me a lot of Freaky Friday.
Tim
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's taken me 24 years, but as of today, 6th May 2020, I'm officially a manga reader. Yep, this was my very first one. At least two more - Volumes 2 & 3 - will follow.
I just know the basics, people. Before I started I was aware that I'd have to read back-to-front and right-to-left, and I also knew that it would be in black and white. And I had some idea of how the drawings would look, because obviously I have seen a fair share of pictures throughout the years and I've been watching quite some an
Forthright .
Over the course of several weeks, a boy in the city and a girl in the country trade consciousness,(literally) walking in each others shoes. They don't know why it's happening; neither do they know which body they'll wake up in. By leaving notes for each other, they get along ... and get to know one another in a forcibly intimate way.

Cute take on the body-swap trope. Fleeting nudity. Much blushing.
Alexa
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m totally biased but I loved this manga. It was really fun to relive one of my favorite anime films through manga, and even though I knew how things were going to go, I still really enjoyed it.
Arta Sallabegolli
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay. But all the act like a girl stuff just did not sit well with me. Something that bothers me about manga is that they do not have a lot of depth. I do not know: the characters age, sort of confused about their names, their interests, their life, family? ... Also, why do they all look so similar? After reading saga, which is colorful and fun and full of depth, this was just a little too bland. But I still want to see where this goes. The only other manga series I have tried to read was ...more
Selena
It's cute, but it's pretty much word-for-word the movie. Given the choice, I think I'd rather watch the movie again, since this doesn't add anything.

It's more of a "which do you prefer" situation. If you like anime, watch the movie. If you prefer manga, read the manga. I think the anime was more visually stunning, but story-wise they're identical, so whichever you prefer.
Kairia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This manga adaptation didn't seem to contain as many scenes/details as the movie version does. I still enjoyed it and plan on reading the second volume, but I would highly recommend at some point experiencing the movie instead of contenting yourself with this manga series.
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the movie for this is EVERYTHING so I had to read the manga of course and I'm loving it so far <3 ...more
Banu
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've already seen the movie, but damn the manga is somehow deeper. I can see the conflict Mitsuha is fighting inside and this suits the story a lot. Definetly worth reading.
shannon✨
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! I need more of this, I loved the art style and the cliffhanger was so interesting. I need to read the next volume as soon as possible.
Patricia
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saw this movie a few years ago and finally getting around to reading the manga!
S. M. Metzler
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the whole thing in about half an hour. So good!!! just like the anime. Now I can't wait for the second volume.
Kara
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good thing I watched the movie first.
Nuraina Abdul Razak
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need the second volume or watch the movie ASAP cos that cliffhanger though!
Maja
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting idea for a story. It is not easy to represent two interchanging lives and indicate which character we are seeing and when exactly the characters are swapping, however it is very nicely and clearly executed. The fact that it is two people of opposite genders suddenly having to live as a person of the other gender shows a good understanding the differences in ways of thinking, acting and reacting to the surrounding environment. What I also found fascinating is the courage each of the c ...more
Laura ☾
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The movie anime "Your Name" is one of my all time favorite animes. Speaking of it, if you've never seen it, I recommend it. The story is beautiful, the characters are adorable, the music is haunting. An absolute masterpiece.

So when I discovered there was a manga inspired from the movie, I had to read it. The story is divided into 3 volumes. And no surprises here, the story from the manga follows the story of the anime. I love rediscovering the story I knew in written, and the art is again stunni
Perla Torkan
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description/
I haven't seen anime yet, but I have to change that!
This story was amazing. I like learning about japanese folklore and traditions. Cities seem different than countryside and I like that characters were learning new things as well.
Art in this one was so on point, those transitions between scenes were perfect. The artist did an outstanding job!
Overall, I think this manga is really worth the hype. I loved it. Every bit of it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Silent Voice, Vol. 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • 四月は君の嘘 1 (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, #1)
  • 聲の形 3 [Koe no Katachi 3] (A Silent Voice, #3)
  • 聲の形 4 [Koe no Katachi 4] (A Silent Voice, #4)
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
  • The Garden of Words
  • アオハライド 1 (Ao Haru Ride, #1)
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 1
  • 約束のネバーランド 1 [Yakusoku no Neverland 1]
  • Orange 1 (オレンジ, #1)
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 01 (Maid-sama!, #1)
SHINKAI Makoto
Name (in native language): 新海 誠
Associated Names:
СИНКАЙ Макото
Makoto Shinkai

Makoto Shinkai (新海 誠 Shinkai Makoto?), born as Makoto Niitsu (新津 誠 Niitsu Makoto?, February 9, 1973) is a Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. A native of the Nagano Prefecture, Shinkai studied Japanese literature at Chuo University where he was a member of juvenile literature club where he

君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) (3 books)
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2
  • your name., Vol. 3 (your name., #3)

News & Interviews