Start by marking “your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)” as Want to Read:
your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)

your name., Vol. 1

(君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) #1)

A story of two people determined to hold on to one another.
Mitsuha, a high school girl from a town deep in the mountains, dreams of an unfamiliar life in Tokyo. Taki, a high school boy from Tokyo, dreams that he is a girl living in the mountains. As the two begin swapping lives, a miraculous story is set in motion.
Published June 20th 2017 by Yen Press (first published August 23rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about your name., Vol. 1, please sign up.
Trixie I really liked the book, it depends on what type of books you like to read... You might need to push through the beginning of the book, but once your …moreI really liked the book, it depends on what type of books you like to read... You might need to push through the beginning of the book, but once your in the middle of the book its really interesting, But again it depends on what you like to read.(less)
Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama!, #2 by Hiro Fujiwaraホリミヤ 1 by HeroDengeki Daisy, Vol. 1 by Kyousuke Motomi好きっていいなよ。1 by Kanae HazukiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
Manga Mania
283 books — 48 voters
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaKamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 by Julietta SuzukiKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Best Romance Manga
290 books — 554 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of your name., Vol. 1 (your name., #1)
The Artisan Geek
27/7/20
This manga was super cute and now I have to watch the movie.

25/7/20
Didn't know this was a manga adaptation of the movie -- currently reading it :) Will take a look at it on Sunday :)

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website | The Storygraph
nivedha
i enjoyed the movie far more, but this was good in its own way.
CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
The movie is probably my favourite movie of all time, so I had to read the manga.
The narrative style and perspective is a little different to the movie. The manga is still worth reading for people who enjoyed the movie, but I'll still recommend the movie over the manga any day. The rating (3.5/5) is relative to how much I liked the movie (which is a whole lot).

However, something that was in the manga but wasn't in the movie and that I liked:
(view spoiler)
Nicolo
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Your Name, the celebrated animated film by Makoto Shinkai is one of my favorite movies. I've seen it countless times. It's a beautifully animated story of a love that defied time, space, and memory. I'll never get tired of re-watching it.

This adaptation is contained in three volumes, which coincide into three acts of the movie, The first volume contains the signature body-switching between main character Taki and Mitsuha.

Although this adaptation could not recapture the visual feast the movie was
Emma
Feb 08, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5/5 Stars

I had been wanting to read this manga for some time and I'm so glad I finally got the chance to do that! It was good, I enjoyed the story and I'm very looking forward to seeing how it continues in the next two volumes.
Kylie Amber
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-read
*3.5 Stars*
Artemy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Your Name, or Kimi No Na Wa, is an absolutely wonderful new Japanese animated film written and directed by the talented Makoto Shinkai. If you have a chance to go see it in theaters or watch it on Bluray or any other way, I would encourage anyone to do so — it is a visually gorgeous movie with great story and characters. It's beautiful, funny, thrilling, gut-wrenching and tear-jerking in all the best ways. It's probably in my top three movies of the year. This manga adaptation, though? I really ...more
Maria

About a year ago, during my flight to Tokyo, Japan, basically everyone on the flight was watching Your Name at one point or another. I didn't think anything of it and to be honest, I had no idea what it was so I decided to skip out on it. Fast forward many months later and I really wish I had watched it! I had heard nothing but amazing reviews and I really felt as though I had missed something special. Fast forward a few more months and I still haven't watched it, but I did find the manga versio
Neil R. Coulter
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the movie Your Name, so I was interested to read the manga adaptation. This first volume is basically just what's in the movie. A few scenes are slightly extended, but there are no significant changes. Because one of the things I love most about the film is the vibrant colors, the story isn't quite as interesting to me as a black-and-white manga. I think it would be fantastic as a full-color graphic novel.

I'll go ahead with the next two volumes of the story, but for me so far, this adapta
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this manga already! Your Name has such a unique art style and storyline that it's not hard to fall in love with it.

The book follows two students, Mitsuha and Taki. Mitsuha wishes she was a boy who lived in the city, Tokyo whereas Taki wishes he was a girl from a small village. The two miraculously change bodies and have to adapt to each others lives at least 2-3 times a week. Although this is the first book in the series, a great story arc can definitely be seen and continued on from volu
Flor
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Please just stay away from that comet
Martina Krausová
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Manga ever and I think I've chosen a pretty good one.
At first I was confused because of it's format, but once I've got into it, I enjoyed it. The story is interesting, I don't mind the drawing style, the only thing I'd like to have is colors.
Nour Chafaa
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your name was one of my favorite manga and movie (the adaptation was amazing) 💙
【Afi】 (WhatAfiReads)
I literally forgot I have read this before lol.
This is a review of the manga of me rereading this cause I didn't write a review the first time around.

Personal Ratings : 4.25/5🌟

Romance: 4.5/5
Art-style : 4.5/5
Family Values : 4/5

Overall: I surprisingly Love it

This is a story of a girl who wanted to see beyond her small town and life and about a boy who lives in the hustle and bustle of Tokyo.

Its a story
Adelle
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful! The art and the writing. It ended in a cliff-hanger, though. I need answers! Where is Volume 2?? (And no, don’t tell me to just watch the movie/anime)
˗ˏˋ n o v i  ˎˊ˗
Woahhh I loved this, now I'm so so excited to see the movie again! ...more
Kristina
I am still trying to explore the vast world of manga and I am not sure this one impressed me that much. It was okay. It reminded me a lot of Freaky Friday.
Arpita Dey
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Another Manga read - check!

I didn't particularly like this one as much as the ones I've read previously. This is a sweet story about two teenagers - Mitsuha, a small-town girl and Taki, a boy living in the big city Tokyo. They have a magical experience where they swap bodies in their dreams and get to experience the other person's life.

What I didn't enjoy much was the art (specifically the text) which was messy and extremely difficult to follow. It was also kind of abrupt and felt incomplete mor
Tim
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's taken me 24 years, but as of today, 6th May 2020, I'm officially a manga reader. Yep, this was my very first one. At least two more - Volumes 2 & 3 - will follow.
I just know the basics, people. Before I started I was aware that I'd have to read back-to-front and right-to-left, and I also knew that it would be in black and white. And I had some idea of how the drawings would look, because obviously I have seen a fair share of pictures throughout the years and I've been watching quite some an
Maud
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this together with Rebecca while being on Skype and I'm so happy that we did it like that. There were so many moments in this book that made me giggle and smile and then that final page basically broke my heart in a 1,000 pieces and I was able to cry on Rebecca's digital shoulder. So I would like to recommend that to other people too, read this together with someone.

Besides the many emotions that I felt I'm also super curious about what exactly is going on. We have decided to watch the mo
Forthright .
Over the course of several weeks, a boy in the city and a girl in the country trade consciousness,(literally) walking in each others shoes. They don't know why it's happening; neither do they know which body they'll wake up in. By leaving notes for each other, they get along ... and get to know one another in a forcibly intimate way.

Cute take on the body-swap trope. Fleeting nudity. Much blushing.
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
the movie for this is EVERYTHING so I had to read the manga of course and I'm loving it so far <3 ...more
Alexa
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’m totally biased but I loved this manga. It was really fun to relive one of my favorite anime films through manga, and even though I knew how things were going to go, I still really enjoyed it.
Arta Sallabegolli
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay. But all the act like a girl stuff just did not sit well with me. Something that bothers me about manga is that they do not have a lot of depth. I do not know: the characters age, sort of confused about their names, their interests, their life, family? ... Also, why do they all look so similar? After reading saga, which is colorful and fun and full of depth, this was just a little too bland. But I still want to see where this goes. The only other manga series I have tried to read was ...more
Selena
It's cute, but it's pretty much word-for-word the movie. Given the choice, I think I'd rather watch the movie again, since this doesn't add anything.

It's more of a "which do you prefer" situation. If you like anime, watch the movie. If you prefer manga, read the manga. I think the anime was more visually stunning, but story-wise they're identical, so whichever you prefer.
Kairia
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This manga adaptation didn't seem to contain as many scenes/details as the movie version does. I still enjoyed it and plan on reading the second volume, but I would highly recommend at some point experiencing the movie instead of contenting yourself with this manga series. ...more
Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx
17/01/2021
3.75 ⭐
I think I prefer the movie but I still really loved this. In the movie, one of my favourite things was the colouring so I feel like without that it kind of loses a bit of the magic, but I still love this story so if I see volume 2 at the library I'll pick it up!
Amy (libraryofamy)
May 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
a cool concept but the manga was honestly very hard to follow! i didn’t know when we were in flashbacks or when they were in each others bodies a lot of the time.

i think this would definitely work better in anime format so i may try the anime!
Nicole
Sep 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable manga, though I did enjoy the anime more. I think part of that was purely because I watched the anime first, and so the manga didn't have the same surprise of discovery that the anime did. On the other hand, I also enjoyed seeing the things that I missed when watching the anime because I know the spoilers this time around. ...more
Banu
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've already seen the movie, but damn the manga is somehow deeper. I can see the conflict Mitsuha is fighting inside and this suits the story a lot. Definetly worth reading. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• A Silent Voice, Vol. 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • your name. Another Side:Earthbound, Vol. 1 (manga)
  • 四月は君の嘘 1 (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, #1)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • 聲の形 3 [Koe no Katachi 3] (A Silent Voice, #3)
  • The Garden of Words
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
  • アオハライド 1 (Ao Haru Ride, #1)
  • 聲の形 4 [Koe no Katachi 4] (A Silent Voice, #4)
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)
  • Orange 1 (オレンジ, #1)
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • 約束のネバーランド 1 [Yakusoku no Neverland 1]
  • Orange 3 (オレンジ, #3)
  • 約束のネバーランド 2 [Yakusoku no Neverland 2]
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1]
  • Noragami 01 (Noragami: Stray God, #1)
SHINKAI Makoto
Name (in native language): 新海 誠
Associated Names:
СИНКАЙ Макото
Makoto Shinkai

Makoto Shinkai (新海 誠 Shinkai Makoto?), born as Makoto Niitsu (新津 誠 Niitsu Makoto?, February 9, 1973) is a Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. A native of the Nagano Prefecture, Shinkai studied Japanese literature at Chuo University where he was a member of juvenile literature club where he

君の名は 漫画 (Your Name - Manga) (4 books)
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2
  • Your Name., Vol. 3 (your name., #3)
  • Your name collection box