Start by marking “The Football Fanbook: Everything You Need to Become a Gridiron Know-it-All (A Sports Illustrated Kids Book)” as Want to Read:

Everything You Need to Become a Gridiron Know-it-All

So you're a football fan and now you want to take your passion for the game to the next level? The Football Fanbook from Sports Illustrated Kids is just what you need. A key addition to every young sports fanatic's library, The Football Fanbook is filled with fun trivia and unique lingo to impress friends, illustrated
Published August 8th 2017 by Sports Illustrated

To ask other readers questions about The Football Fanbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Football Fanbook

Start your review of The Football Fanbook: Everything You Need to Become a Gridiron Know-it-All (A Sports Illustrated Kids Book)
Ms. Yingling
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Copy provided by Blue Slip Media

The tag line on this is "Everything you need to become a gridion know-it-all: Lingo, trivia, stats, skills". The stats part of this covers a whole lot. I appreciated most that there were overviews of all of the teams, including the year they were founded, notable players and coaches, and highlights of different seasons. There are also lots of pages about different players that include their statistics as well. This makes me wonder why no one talks about Morten
Janelle
This book will fly off the shelf for my middle school students!
Great Football fact book for young (and older) readers! I'm not even a football fan, but I enjoyed reading through the numerical facts and photos. The information is well organized and visually appealing. I would give it 5 stars for non-fiction, but I only give out a couple each year of the many books I read.
Erin Logan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent quick read for anyone wanting to know more about their favorite game. The book is divided into different chapters with records, player comparisons, team histories, and even game-day snack ideas! It's colorful, inviting, and excellent for even the most reluctant readers.
Shelley Thompson
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The Football Fanbook is a quality sports book broken down into 7 chapters. Described as a guide to help the reader understand how the game of football really works, it does so much more. 1) Know These Numbers: Interesting stats that aren't just the score of the games. Photos and stats together really put you in the action. 2) Obscure Facts: How many cows does it take to make enough Super Bowl footballs? Who invented the Nerf football? 3) Skills to Master: Step by Step directions on everything ...more
Kristi Bernard
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of football you can have all of your favorite football fun facts in one handy guide. Fans will find gridiron terms, stats and figures, obscure facts, tips on NFL coaching and even a few recipes for fan day snacks.

Fans will find tips on how to stay positive if your favorite team is in a slump. Do you know how to get an autograph from your favorite player? There are some great tips to help you get the signature of your dreams. Did you know that there were only four teams who’ve
Jenn
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-won
I was given a free copy of this book.

For starters, I am a grown woman who knows football basics. This book, while for kids, does a really good job of explaining the game with stats (oh so many stats!), figures, and trivia. And then they added pictures of players and drawings explaining how things work (like how to throw a football spiral). A good read for anyone (although specifically geared towards kids) who wants to learn more than the basics of football.
Kath
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would like to start with a couple of disclaimers.
1. I am not a child. I haven't been one for some considerable time. I am however a British adult who has only recently got into (American) Football having given up fighting my brother's attempts to get me interested a few years ago and, since attending 7 live games in the London International series, I now have the basics off pat. The reason I wanted to read this book was that, even though I now "get" the game, there is a whole lot of history I
Kristin Guay
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am relaxing by the fire on a winter evening and I have plenty of good books and decorating magazines to read – BUT, I am getting ready to open The Football Fanbook by Gary Gramling. To say I am not a football fan would be an understatement – I loathe football, but I do need to buy football books for my young library patrons. And if I’m going to buy them, I am going to make sure they are good. So, the British Edition of Country Living will have to wait another night.

The book begins with
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Right from the bat, -1 star for the images/photographs. Really, publishers? Is it that hard to just make sure your pictures look good in an ARC? This is the umpteenth time I have seen this happen. Grainy, it needs more jpeg, barely visible photographs. Often with lines around them, or lines through them. :\

I am also not a big football fan, though that may be because I am not from America. But I was still really interested in
Gabe/ Mike
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So if you LOVE football, like me you would want to know a ton about it. This book has pretty much everything a kid needs to know about football unlike Sports Illustrated Football's Greatest it doesn't just talk about players it talks about stuff like which team has the most super bowl rings, and also fun stuff too, like "What IS the best gameday snack?" and how to play paper football. It tells you a ton of facts too. It is everything you need to know to become a Gridiron Know-it-All as the book ...more
The Brothers
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Asher (11yo) read.
Hunter Cole
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. This book told me cool facts about players that I did not know. It taught me new plays that i can use when playing football with friends.
Ashley Montgomery
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great pictures and information! It's perfect for any age and for any level of football understanding!
Kathy (Bermudaonion)
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Katrina
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great design! The pages are scuffed with dirt and look like they came straight from the coach’s playbook. A fun football handbook for both die-hard fans and amateurs.
Daniel
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
It is a very good book full of everything you need to know about football!
Liam Elo
Oct 30, 2017
Teresa Pena-Rodriguez
Apr 27, 2017
Danielle from Short and Sassy
My 7 year old son is starting to get into football (thanks to his dad)! This was the perfect book to learn a little more than he already knows! He loved reading it and I can see him rereading it over and over!
Melissa
Oct 11, 2017
Madhav K
Nov 05, 2017

• National Geographic Bee Ultimate Fact Book:Countries A to Z
  • National Geographic Kids Brain Games: The Mind-Blowing Science of Your Amazing Brain
1 follower
Gary Gramling is an editor and writer at Sports Illustrated Kids connecting with readers through their passion for sports. Gramling is the author of The Football Fanbook and also a senior editor at Sports Illustrated's The MMQB with Peter King. He lives in Stratford, CT with his wife, two children, and two big TVs for watching baseball--among other sports.