Start by marking “Dragon's Treasure (Dragons Awaken, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Treasure (Dragons Awaken, #1)

Dragon's Treasure

(Dragons Awaken)

"She was the girl who longed for the freedom of the dragon, and he was the dragon who longed to be a man."

A heroine reclaiming her fate. A dragon with a secret. A prince on a quest.

Olivia flees to the forest seeking freedom from her family's demands. She finds refuge in a cave, only to discover it is a dragon’s lair. The dragon, Kaden, is not the monster she first thinks h
Published December 15th 2016 by Maya Starling

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Treasure

Start your review of Dragon's Treasure (Dragons Awaken, #1)
Kaitlin
Sep 22, 2017 added it
Shelves: spfbo
This is one of the #SPFBO books I had on my list... and it was... weird? I didn't finish this one as I could tell right away this probably wasn't going to be for me. It's a fantasy romance, seemingly between a young girl called Olivia, and a dragon called Kaden. I read to 15% and I just couldn't keep going because it was super cringe-y and I was feeling a little bit grossed out by the way that the dragon kept on objectifying this young girl who wandered into 'his' cave...

The story starts with Ol
Kristen
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: here-be-dragons
I have read the unedited version and couldn't wait on rereading this wonderful edited and published copy...much so that I spent a whole night without sleep.

You're in for a treat with great character development, adventure and well a Dragon!

First and foremost I am no wordsmith, nor have I been graced with a golden tounge. I will try to give justice here in my review, without the most dreaded of literary spoilers...

Olivia has lived a life most would be envious of, but when events arise out of her
Ana Knjige su moj svijet
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Making this book a part of a best-of-an-ENTIRE-year list is a joy! Why – you might ask?
Well, this is a self-publishing indie book. Meaning, this book has no official publisher and the author had to deal with every aspect of publishing the book – writing the material, of course, but also finding proof-readers, editors, graphic designers, and doing a fair share of the workload by herself.

Look, I read a lot of indie work… While there are certainly some gems of indie publishing out there, they are n
Alexandra
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I recieved an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I was very excited when Maya Starling decided to publish her Wattpad novel! I've been a follower of the series since she first started updating the book and I was very pleased to see how the new, editted version would look like!

Olivia and Kaden are two of my favorite characters in this trope of "the prince saving the girl from the dragon". But everything is not as it seems for neither of them. Not to
Laura Perry
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not your usual dragon story, and that's a very good thing. I do get tired of having the dragon always be the bad guy. Here, for a change, is a lovely, magical tale of a beautiful friendship that grows between two fairytale characters -- the dragon and the princess -- and their adventures as they grapple with the evil and selfish forces that threaten to take over their land.
Craig Jr.
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Beauty and the ... Dragon?

This was a fun read. A girl runs away, ends up in a cave ... with a dragon. This dragon isn't quite what she suspects. It reminds me a little of a Beauty and the Beast retelling. The pacing of the story was a bit slow, especially in the beginning, but for a slower read with not a whole lot of action, the story was interesting and very fun to follow.

I didn't like all parts of this book, but overall, I think it was a great read, and the ending was done wonderfully. I'm
Yashaa Bajracharya
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wattpad-favs
Ski Croghan
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally awesome!!!

This story was so very different from any dragon story I've ever read before. It was a story within a story. First a story of a lonely dragon, then the story of an angry impulsive girl that ran away from home and right into the arms of a dragon. Dangerous, running into a dragon's arms? Not when that dragon was Kaden. Kaden was a lonely dragon who used to be a man and wished he still was. How did he become a dragon? Read the book to find out. How could Olivia fall in love with a
Zoe
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you love dragons then this is definitely the book for you!! I am blown away by this author, her way of writing and portraying the characters and even the landscape is mind boggling!! I could not put the book down!! I cannot wait for the release of the sequel, Dragon's Prize!!
Mary Mary
Feb 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was horribly BORING.
It was long, there was completely NO action, the heroine was annoying and the idea of relationship between a woman and a dragon was just WEIRD.

I can't understand why this story is so highly rated.
I really wanted to like it.
M.A. Ray
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this fairy-tale fantasy about a dragon and a lady. Have the second -- which just came out -- on hand. Great feminist themes and a charming protagonist with her own strength.
Some head-hopping and usage errors, which didn't detract from my enjoyment, but some might have an issue.
Rebecca Griffith
Fabulous

I just hope that now as a man that he can save Olivia. I just could not put this down.
C.M. Rosens
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this 4/5 stars because I love Beauty and the Beast retellings, dragons are my favourite fantasy creature, and I found the style really easygoing. I read for pleasure after work/on the way to work, and I really need something that will provide me with relaxed escapism. That said, I'm quite demanding about the richness of the fantasy worlds I dive into, and this one is nicely realised and ticks a lot of the boxes for me.

This is the perfect book to read when you want a fairy tale kick,
Emmy Alexander
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It's an excellent page-turner that I would recommend to anyone, especially those with an avid love and fascination for dragons! It has an incredible roster of characters and a perfectly, well thought-out plot. It's a guaranteed must read!
*LoveMeSomeBooks*
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won't write about details you have to read the book for those ;)

If you love dragons, adventure, love stories, friendship stories, magical stories this is your book. I received this book from author for honest review so here it goes. Usually this is not my type of book to read, but I was curios so I gave it a try.

First. I cried. So if you are emotional like me prepare tissues. Don't be afraid it's not book with a sad ending. There isn't even an ending because it is A CLIFFHANGER and I hate cli
Romana
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance
2nd read: Such a lovely, sweet style of story-telling. This time I noticed more the well thought out descriptions, the care the author put in to say the same thing in different ways thus enriching her style and readers experience. The relationship between the two main characters is surprising and gentle, showing us how a true and innocent love should be, as well as its playful and erotic side (the latter in small and delicate glimpses).
When you finish the book, you are left with a feeling of wa
Anna
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first giveaway win! So this book is a bit special for me.

A fairy tale for young people. A good one. With a rather unusual triangle between the Prince, Princess-to-be and the Dragoon. Well written, exciting read. Linear narrative with very good descriptions, well balanced.

What I didn't like - the abrupt ending with a few hints - the first book in the series. As far as I know, the sequel will be released in March so that's good but I still do not like this new trend. Probably because I'm an ol
Tessa
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this books unedited version and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved this version as well including the longer chapters. i would recommend this book to people most defiantly!! i have read it at least 4 times and still enjoy it :)
Shannon
NatalieMurg
Oct 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• What Katy Did at School
  • Dear Enemy (Daddy-Long-Legs, #2)
  • How the Marquis Got His Coat Back (Rogues, #18)
  • Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables, #4)
  • Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5)
  • White Rose Turned to Blood (We Speak No Treason, #2)
  • The Flowering of the Rose (We Speak No Treason, #1)
  • Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3)
  • Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2)
  • "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Uma Encomenda para um Novo Mundo
  • Compromise me (The Kirkland family #2)
  • Lines We Forget
  • Bloodstain Love Bites
  • Bella Notte (Bella Vampires Series, #1)

Maya Starling is a writer, a geek, an animal lover and a gamer. She has lived the life of a magus, an oracle, a goth mortician, a star wars rebel. She has led many lives, sitting at a table, and rolling those dice away.

In reality, she lives with her wife and their adorable little boy, and of course two rescue cats, in a small country of Croatia. Reading and writing are her passion, so you will oft

Dragons Awaken (2 books)
  • Dragon's Prize (Dragons Awaken, #2)