Start by marking “Melancholy Ghost (Spirit Chasers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Melancholy Ghost (Spirit Chasers, #2)

Melancholy Ghost (Spirit Chasers #2)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
From ghost hunter to ghost, haunted.

Barrett has a plan — help Austin regain his memory, surround him with his friends and loved ones, and lead him into the light. Unfortunately, the tragic investigation of a melancholy ghost derails everything.

As new lead investigator, Thai struggles to maintain the high ratings SCI has always enjoyed. After a few subpar investigations, th
Published February 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Melancholy Ghost, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

K.M. Montemayor
Dec 03, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now available for pre-order.
Siobhan
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melancholy Spirit is the second book in the Spirit Chasers series – and, in all honesty, I enjoyed it more than the first.

Whilst a much quicker read than the first book, Melancholy Spirit seems to hit a much harder punch than the first book. I’m not quite sure what specific aspect of the story is to blame for this, but I’m going to go ahead and explain all the wonderful aspects that I feel contributed to this being the case.

First, I’ll start with the new ghost lore. In Melancholy Spirit we’re in
Mary
I'm ready for book 3... bring it on! :-)
B. Truly
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great addition to the series. I love the cover even more than the 1st. Poor Mildred. I’m happy the author at least gave her a shout out. A special dedication is on the cover, a tombstone with her name on it.
This book has a more mellow tone, Melancholy Ghost being the perfect name for it.
Melancholy isn’t as action packed as book #1, but it has interesting experiences and gives different insights about ghosts. There were neat concepts from ghosts shattering souls to an entire ghost
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Melancholy Ghost is a unique follow-up to one of the best paranormal fantasy books I've read. Spirit Chaser twisted my insides all to raggedy nothingness and I loved every minute of it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard that Kat Mayor was releasing a sequel. I knew Spirit Chaser would be a hard act to follow. At the same time, I was ridiculously curious to see how she'd deal with the end of the first book. So I gave it a go. I wasn't displeased.

While Melancholy Ghost immediately sucked m
Lia   Covington
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lia's Bookish Obsession http://liasbookishobsession.com http://liasbookishobsession.com/3606-2/

It's very superstitions writing! I’m not just talking about Steve Wonder, I’m literally talking about the vary superstitions writing of The Spirit Chasers and The Melancholy Ghost by Kat Mayor. You guys already know that Kat Mayor is not a new author here on LBO, I’ve talked about her for a year. Ever since she gave me the chance to meet “Control” Austin and the curvy red-head psychic Casey, I have be

GracieKat
As most of you know, I'm not much of a fan of paranormal romances. The women are usually doormats, the men are usually domineering asshats.

This series is very different. I loved the first book . The second book holds up very well as a sequel. This might sound odd but I loved the idea of some spirits (view spoiler) It's a bit of a sad and depressing idea but also a fantastic, logical and creative addition to the lore.

In this book we are a
Michelle Willms
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost as good as the first

Spirit Chasers are still going strong, even after all the tragedies of the last season. The friends are working hard to protect Austin, while also trying to raise the show's flagging ratings. It seems the hits keep coming.

This is a great series. While this book wasn't quite as good as the first, it still kept me riveted to the pages from beginning to end.
Kristina SIratt
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Stunning

I was hesitant to read this because there was no way it could be even half as good as the first book; but it was even better! I couldn't put down my tablet until it was over and I miss Casey already! I need to see what happens next! Now I have to see what other amazing works this author has!
Candace
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Kathleen did not disappoint me with this sequel I loved reading about the SCI group again., and how it all played out with Austin. Of course there is that lovely cliff hanger twist that has me wanting more...great job
Arlene Arredondo
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Praise Kat Mayor!
This is a great second installment in the series, but the ending was cliff hanging. This is the kind of roller coaster plot; there are mixed feelings and we cant help to push for the underdog.
Love the first Spirit Chaser book and it was the same type of hopefulness filled with despair.
Can't wait for the next.
Jo
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghosts, ghosthunting
Loved it! 👻
Teresa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you read my review of The Spirit Chaser you can see I love this series. I was absolutely thrilled to see this 2nd book. I dove right in and did not climb out until the last page then I pouted because it was over. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.

In this book, Austin is back. He is not aware that he is dead and his thinking process is scrambled and no memory of being dead or how he got there. Prudence a ghost from the first book is back as well. She is the one who found Austin and b
Laura Davidson
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Austin Control

Wasn't sure after the end of the first book where the story could go, but I was surprised to read there was a twist at the end of the 2nd book, I really enjoyed the second installment, I love the cover of this book a lovely visual nod to Mildred, can Casey & Austin have there happy ever after? Can love really flourish from beyond the grave? Who knows? Eagerly waiting for the third installment to see if they all get there happy endings or will the story meander down other roads
judith graham
Jul 03, 2018
Jeanne Pocius Dorismond
May 08, 2018
Martd
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2018
Feb 22, 2017
Sam
Feb 22, 2017

Spirit Chasers (3 books)
  • The Spirit Chaser (Spirit Chasers, #1)
  • Cursed (Spirit Chasers, #3)