Start by marking “This is Reckless (Checkmate Duet, #3; Drew & Courtney, #1)” as Want to Read:
This is Reckless (Checkmate Duet, #3; Drew & Courtney, #1)

This is Reckless

(Checkmate #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  2,822 Ratings  ·  409 Reviews
Introducing book 1 in the new Checkmate Duet Series from a secret duo of bestselling authors! This friends to lovers romance will have you swooning and laughing from the first to the last page! Are you ready to play the game?

Drew Fisher is the type of guy every girl wants.
Noble police officer by day, charming prince by night.
He has no idea the effect he has on women, espec
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about This is Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is Reckless

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 STARS <3

Such a sweet,funny and refreshing story!I haven't read before a book from this author but when I read the synopsis for this one I knew this book was for me!

description

Courtney has a crush on Drew.She's in love with him and she wants him to realize that he deserves a lot better than Mia,his girlfriend.She tries to make him seen her as a woman and not only as a friend.So you can imagine what is happening when these two starts seeing each other differently!I loved both the characters!

Courtney
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo cea2c51e687db550b51f59d2385bb2_zpszstlabsb.gif

Two best friends and roommates falling in love. Ummm yes, please!!! Kennedy Fox are back at it again and this time, the focus is on Drew and Courtney. Now that Travis and Viola are living the happily ever after, it’s time for Drew Fisher to finally wake up and see what has been in front of him. That’s right our feisty and sexy Texan, Courtney is finally going to let Drew know how she feels about him.

#ThisIsReckless

If you read the previous books then you
Caitlin
don't mind me, just changing my rating

"I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with my best friend."

I've been really looking forward to reading this book because I really enjoyed book 1 and 2 following Travis and Viola's story. I'm so glad we got to see way more of Drew and Courtney in these books because I loved them in book 1 and 2. Personally, I like Courtney more than Viola but I like Drew and Travis the same amount. My friend asked me if this was the best book so far and I'll probab
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
4.5 Handcuffs and blueberry muffins stars

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

This stories was one of the most anticipated of the month for me, because after reading about these two characters in the previous instalments, I had no doubts they’d be perfect together.

Courtney is a bubbly girl from Texas who’s been crushing on her roommate since before they started living together. While Drew is a police officer who, somehow, got stuck with Mia “Fucking” Montgomery, a.k.a. the Bitch Who Need
Lisa Jayne
THREE.5 BE RECKLESS STARS.

"I’ll play by his rules if it will show him I’m the one worth breaking them for."

description

This book was fun with a capital 'F'. I don't always need to be swept up or blown away by an authors writing ability to fully enjoy my time with a book. Sometimes, I just need something to kick back and relax with and that's what Kennedy Fox did with their latest release. 'This is reckless' was an enjoyable romance loaded with sweet, sexy and a little bit of angst.

What's is all about?
Thi
MindOfAnOpenBook
2/28/2017 IT'S LIVE!! IT'S LIVE!!~

4.5/♕♕♕♕♕

*****ARC Generously Provided By Author In Exchange For Review*****

description

"Where have you been all of my life?"
"I've been waiting for you."

Three words:
MIA FUCKING MONTGOMERY.

Oh my god guys. I'm so pissed right now. I'm so tired of that bitch LMAO. ANYWAYS, I'm so glad that we get to read about Courtney and Drew! I mean I loved loved LOVED Viola and Travis but Courtney and Drew just have a slice of my heart. Courtney is literally my inner persona. And Drew is j
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

It's finally time for Courtney and Drew to fight for their Happily Ever After!
We remember both from the first two books. You don't have to read those books before reading this, BUT I would definitely suggest you do - we see A LOT of both of them in there!

Ever since Travis & Viola have moved in together, Drew and Courtney now share their old apartment. And it's been going pretty good. They're very good friends. Friends who hang out to watch horror flicks and go out for drinks et cetera. But w
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 "I've Been Waiting For You" Stars!

photo AB17F2AD-C7E4-48DA-A23A-0C26D6DEDB1B_zps5iuqriwx.jpg

Courtney Bishop is a gorgeous Southern belle that grew up on a ranch in Texas. She's confident, loud mouthed, loves beer & football, is an obsessive baker, & has no filter. She lives in Sacramento, California with her best friend Viola's older brother Drew Fisher. Courtney has had a huge crush on Drew since the moment she met him. He's a sexy, tattooed police officer with a heart of gold.

She lets it be known she wants him, but Drew see's her as not
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
4.5 Handcuffs and blueberry muffins stars

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Andie
My gosh, I don't really know where to start! I initially started reading this series on a whim and the next thing I knew I had read the first two books in a matter of days! After binging the first two books (This is War & This is Love) and enduring one of the biggest WTF moments ever, I immediately had to dive into Drew and Courtney's books next. And let me tell you, this WTF cliffhanger takes the cake and eats it too! Holy jeezus!

That aside, Drew and Courtney's journey from friends to love
book bruin
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Team Drewtney for the WIN! Kennedy Fox has done it again! Checkmate: This is Reckless is the perfect blend of friends to lovers romance, humor, emotion, and of course, page melting sexy times! This is the first book in Drew and Courtney's duet, so consider that your warning if you're not a fan of cliffhangers! We were introduced to these two in Travis & Viola's books, Checkmate: This is War and This is Love, but this duet can be read as a stand alone.

I loved watching Drew and Courtney blur t
Lisa
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning: Expect a lot of fangirling, rambling on excessively, and an abundance of explanation points in this review. Read at your own risk.

Another fantastic book from Kennedy Fox!! This writing duo just gets me. They know exactly what to write and how to write it to make me drool, jump around, and unable to put down the book. Each book of theirs that I read leaves me loving KF more and more. I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite thus far... but I have no doubt that I'll continue to sa
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
**4.5 DREWTNEY STARS!!!

Thank you to Kennedy Fox for sending me an ARC in exchange for an honest review!!!!

Just when you think Kennedy Fox locked it down with Travis King, they come at again with smoking hot cop, Drew Fisher. Whoops! Sorry, King…

I was not kidding when I’d mentioned that Kennedy Fox’s books were the most fun I ever had while reading. These books come with a whole lotta feels and a whole lotta HOT!! There’s banter, there’s blueberry muffins, there’s handcuffs (YES PLEASE!), and t
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
4 'DEPUTY' STARS!

HOLY SHIT, THAT ENDING! 😵
____________________
This is Reckless by Kennedy Fox was a sweet and sexy friends-to-lovers romance that left me sighing.

Let me say I began my KF journey backwards lol. I've read the first two books in the Bisbop Brothers series and said to myself well let me read Courtney's journey since she began it all. So, here I am onto book 2, flipping my shit with that ending. Let's just say Mia Montgomery is a psycho and Drew dodged a bullet.

They're best friends a
RentasticReads
Ohhhhhh my god. Talk about an ending that will leave you with your mouth hanging open, your blood pressure shooting up through the roof and wanting to pull your hair out!

Kennedy Fox has burned the house down yet again! I'm so far gone. This author duo has already zoomed up to my top favorite authors list when they brought us Traviola's story. But now with Drewtney? I. Am. Done. Can they just write and make books forever? Seriously, it was a hook, line and sinker. I'm addicted. I can absolutely r
Pam Nelson
5 This Is Reckless Stars

Ok I am not going to lie, I enjoyed book 1 and 2… BUTTTTT
I LOVE BOOK 3!!!

What a great book... First… MIA needs to jump off a cliff... A reallllly tall building... Jump out of a plane no harness...

Ok is that mean?? NO! No it’s NOT! Haha.

Sooo Drew has the off and on girlfriend Mia.. (the devil incarnate.)
And he now has a roommate is sisters best friend Courtney, and well he never saw Court as anything other than his little sisters best friend. Until he doesn’t any long
bookmarkbelles
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have been following this series from the beginning than you would know that topping the first two books would be a difficult feat. Travis King stole the panties right off of us and Viola Fisher became our endearing, feisty and nerdy best friend. Their story became an addiction and one we couldn't get enough of. Like everyone else, I was sad to see their story end. When KF announced a new spin off series featuring Drew and Courtney, I was literally salivating at the mouth with excitement. ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 BLUEBERRY MUFFIN CROWNS

This is another book that I am truly struggling with how to articulate how much I love it, and I do! Every single, tiny, little nuance and facet of this book is simply delectable.

Drew and Courtney, as a couple and independently, are the reason I love this book so hard. Courtney is absolutely everything I love in a heroine. She is independent, adventurous, brimming with life, sweet, caring, fiercely protective of those she loves, and the b
Ash.loveofbooks
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know it's a good book when your emotions are all over the place, there are fantastic book references included, characters that you are rooting for and days after reading said book you are still thinking about it. That's exactly what happened after reading Checkmate This is Reckless.

The dynamic duo that is Kennedy Fox has done it again. I had high expectations for this book since I've read the previous Checkmate Duet series and I got to say that they did not disappoint! I loved this book!

Fi
Sophie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So. Okay. Um. Wow.....
Please excuse me while I drag together all my thoughts and hopefully make sense.. I am speechless, like, I read the last line of this book and my mouth DROPPED OPEN. Now as this is a DUET there is a cliffhanger. And holy crap what a cliffhanger it is… Like WHAT THE….
But that's not the only thing that made my mouth drop open and make me unable to form words, no. This book as a whole knocked me off my feet!
It has EVERYTHING I want and need from a friends to lovers romance..
Tamara Harrington
Received an ARC in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. Can I just say from the moment I met Courtney, I knew I was going to flove this woman and now with her and Drew having their own book, I was just too excited to read this beauty. The story of these two is one of such epicness that it is hard to put into words. The sass, the sexiness and the chemistry that leaps off these pages..just wow! I was so utterly enthralled with this book that I could not put it down. Kennedy Fox sure know ho ...more
Shayna
Kennedy Fox, if your goal was to shock and surprise me, congratulations! If your goal was to top your last book, well, congratulations again! If your goal was to drive me absolutely BONKERS with that ending of yours, well, you little devils, you fucking succeeded! Even though I kinda hate you right now, I'm still so damn proud of you! THIS IS RECKLESS was phenomenal! Of course my last comment has to be, TRAVIS who?! YEP! I did it! Drew Fisher is the new KING!

"God, Court...where have you been al
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

It's finally time for Courtney and Drew to fight for their Happily Ever After!

Kate Hastings
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Checkmate: Well Played!!!!

The KF duo are at it again - and they're not fkn around!

Hooly Dooly Batman, this book packs a punch. I'm tempted to say I loved it more than Checkmate: This Is War... that's how much I loved reading the first part of this duet.

I always knew I was going to love every single thing about a book with Courtney Bishop as the lead, coz she's everything I love in a book heroine.

She's smart, sassy, strong & unapologetic & let's face it - if anyone was going to pull Drew
alyssa
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Y'all are killing me I swear! Ever since I finished my first Kennedy Fox book, I haven't been the same. I'm not just saying that either. I'm officially ruined for other duos!

I was super curious to find out how Drew and Courtney would end up together since Drew was so hung up on Mia and basically clueless when it came to Courtney having feelings for him.

Courtney is my girl! I LOVED her character! I could relate to her in so many way, especially her LOVE for blueberry muffins and cookies! Courtne
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
*** ARC READ ***

Honestly, this book has been seriously so anticipated and I was squealing at the idea of Drew and Courtney finally getting their happy ending. I guess I must have expected too much because I didn't feel the same rush of excitement I did when I was reading the first books. But it was still an amazing read. The beginning was a bit slow to start and I felt like it jumped all over the place, but you can't deny just how explosive the chemistry was between these two. And I hate to say
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Drewtney" Stars!!!!!

YOU! GUYS! Oh my gosh, I don't even know where to start. This book was so amazingly good, like, all the blueberry muffins in the world good (you'll know what I'm talking about once you read the book). It was scrumptious. It was steamy. It had you laughing-out-loud (ahem, wiener dogs). This book made me so giddy. It was in all-around enjoyable book!

"Are you gawking?" He tilts his head to one side, eyeing me.

"I'm looking at you
April
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for an honest review.
Another manic book rambling brought to you by April;
Read & Share Book Reviews.

5 'Wound up tighter than a virgin on prom night.' Stars

Ever since reading about Courtney and her insatiable hunger and lust for Drew throughout War and then again in Love, I'd been on pins and needles anxiously awaiting this baby to land in my kindle!
Needless to say, without a doubt, Checkmate: This is Reckless is one of my most anticipated books of 2017!

This! Book! Holy sweet he
Imani (Enamored Reads)
5+ "Cuff Me, Deputy" Stars!

KF SLAYED me with this one y'all! Now don't get me wrong, I love me some Traviola, but Drewtney... knocked it out of the park. The love I have for this couple is unreal. I could read this book a thousand times over and feel everything I felt the first time I read it. That's how lovable this couple is.

Oh and I CALL DIBS ON DREW, for all you diehard KF fans out there.

With Courtney being best friends with her roommates sister and having a crush on him, you would think the
Joy Novel Thoughts
The whole gang is back! Yes...including Drew's evil on again off again girlfriend, Mia.

"Mean Girls? Ironic since you're sitting next to the real life Regina George."

Okay, let me be real with you for a second... why in the world is this book being split into two books? I'm a little frustrated with myself for picking it up knowing that it was a duet. I mean, I knew who the antagonist was going to be because I read the first set of duets. I enjoyed this book, it was well written, I just feel like w
Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You’ve Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren’t bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that’ll make your lady bits tingle and your ...more

Checkmate (6 books)
  • Checkmate: This is War (Travis & Viola, #1) (Checkmate Duet, #1)
  • Checkmate: This is Love (Travis & Viola, #2) (Checkmate Duet, #2)
  • This Is Effortless (Checkmate Duet, #4; Drew & Courtney, #2)
  • This is Dangerous (Checkmate Duet, #5; Logan & Kayla, #1)
  • This is Beautiful (Checkmate Duet, #6; Logan & Kayla, #2)