Start by marking “Halfway to Anywhere (Wild Child, #1)” as Want to Read:
Halfway to Anywhere (Wild Child, #1)

(Wild Child #1)

Life on the streets is hard.
Life on the run is harder.
Two troubled teens try to escape their horrific pasts in hopes of a brighter future.
Together.

Episode 1 in the Wild Child Young Adult Series
Published December 10th 2016 by Enchanted Publications

To ask other readers questions about Halfway to Anywhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halfway to Anywhere

Olivia Ard
18-year-old Jacey is a high school dropout and recent runaway. The only life experience she has is cooking meth for her stepfather Vince, and she wants to put that life behind her now. But when a chance encounter throws her together with Silas, an ex-drug dealer looking for a way out himself, she finds herself in the middle of something bigger than Vince's small operation. They need to go anywhere to get away from the mess they're in.

This is definitely not my usual reading material. When I read
Rose Maniscalco
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author packed a lot of punch into this short story...I thought it would be another cliffhanger with a dozen parts to it, but it's not that at all, it's a complete story.

Jacey is on the streets and starving. She tries to buy a bag of chips in a convenience store, but is a nickel short and the owner won't let her have the chips. Silas holds up the liquor store in her defense and he takes her with him to his friend Kaden's house. Kaden's house is huge and he is obviously very rich. Silas tells
Honestly Honest Bookworm
Favorite Quote:
- "Just say the word, Jacey. We'll go anywhere. Anywhere you want. Just pick a place. I'll get the money somehow. I'll protect you. I'll take care of you."
- "Kaden is all that saves me, Jacey. Who will save you?"

A single tear falls down her cheek. What happens next is almost involuntary.

Almost.

I lean close and gently brush my lips against her wet cheek.

Soft. Salty. Sweet.

Jacey turns towards me, and her eyes flicker to my mouth. This time, she leans close to me. Her lips find min
Stephanie
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Halfway to Anywhere
18 is a great age! It means freedom… unless you are a runaway. For Jacey a high school drop out 18 ment she could finally escape from her step father. She thought she put the drug world behind her until she meets an ex drug dealer who happens to help her out.
This is not a full length novel , more like an episode in a series. This a YA story which is not my usual pick but I am a huge fan of Sydney Logan and wanted to try it. Sydney didn't disappoint but goes leave you wanting
Ginelle Blanch
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a 3.5 star read for me.

A rather dark story and a bit heartbreaking.

Sad life these two teens live...drugs, living on the streets, death. All they want is to be free. To find each other under such unfortunate circumstances and, to be together under the same.

Looking forward to see what the other books in the series bring!
Suzanne
Eileen
Jul 06, 2018
Chele
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly powerful short story .
Life has not been kind to Jacey or Silas.
In a chance encounter at a convenience store, Silas stands up for Jacey .Something that no one has done for her since her mother died.
What follows next is something that can either get them a happy ending or just dead.
5 stars
Jenny Hubenthal
Mar 20, 2019
Angie
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“But where would we go?” I reach over and stroke her cheek. “It doesn’t matter. We’ll just get in the car and go. And by morning, we could be halfway to . . . anywhere. Anywhere at all.”

I loved the REALITY of this book. The subjects are darkish and raw. These teens deal with real life issues and in real life situations. That's what kept me going back to finish it. It was a super short story. However, I am a super slow reader. I loved that it made me WANT to walk on my treadmill, just so I can se
Natalie Tomas
Justine
Angela Lowe
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Halfway to Anywhere

Another best seller from Sydney Logan!!! This is a young adult series but I am well past young adult and I loved it. No matter what situation you are in there is a way out to a better life. Jacey and Silas were both raised in bad situations but they wanted out. Just proves that determination will get you there. Halfway to Anywhere is a great story and a must read.
Melissa Roberts
Debi
Jan 14, 2017
Joy Lister-Harrell
Jan 30, 2017
Sydney Logan writes heartfelt romances that feature strong women and the men who love them. In addition to her novels, she has penned several short stories and is a contributor to Chicken Soup for the Soul. She is a Netflix junkie, music lover, and a Vol for Life. Sydney and her husband make their home in beautiful East Tennessee.

To learn more about Sydney and her books, visit her online at www.s