Start by marking “La La Land (The Last City, #2)” as Want to Read:
La La Land  (The Last City, #2)

La La Land

(The Last City #2)

A rebel who's been revived to save the world. A soldier with a monster locked inside.

Liza and Tommy return to a destroyed America, continuing their fight for freedom, only this time, their search for allies will end with the same madmen and women who've engineered new monsters in an attempt to create the perfect soldier.

Faster. Smarter. Hungrier.

These rejects from the s
Published February 1st 2017 by Le Chat Publishing

To ask other readers questions about La La Land, please sign up.
Logan Keys Is that a question? We do love the cover !

If you were saying YOU love the cover...WELL THANK YOU! …more
Is that a question? We do love the cover !

If you were saying YOU love the cover...WELL THANK YOU! (less)

Start your review of La La Land (The Last City, #2)
Bradley
This one picks up a bit after the nasty surprise revealed at the end of the first novel and puts us squarely in Anthem's war-hungry society, with our main characters finding themselves becoming increasingly the odd men-and-women out. Tommy still has hulk issues and Liza continues to serious mean-author issues, but I am loving both all the more for it.

I wish that all YA was written more like this. The ideas and the society, while having plenty of similar tones to other YA, is practically overflo
Ari Reavis
*ARC received from the author*

My mind and heart were racing most of this book. It was simply amazing. The revelations, THE REVELATIONS, had my jaw hanging open on more than one occasion. I couldn't have seen most of the things that shocked me coming if I was using binoculars and looking through a telescope. I was so impressed with the author's ability to keep me guessing. Liza was even more of a strong woman and had to go through so much. Tommy became a real man and made a lot of tough decisions
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
I receive this ARC from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review- no payment was taken.

"My heart's been replaced by a sad, limping thing of stone. what a stupid, fickle muscle that beats on, when it should give up."

this pretty much tells you EVERYTHING about my feels right now guys!!!

Dayyum this book was so good and SO FREAKING INTENSE!!!

Logan Keys you honestly amaze me. you managed to make a book so full on with action with scarce a minute to breathe but managed to make it all s
Emma
I started out enjoying this more than the Last City. But the enjoyment faded as the book went on and fizzled out completely by the end. A favoured device of this author seems to be characters being written out only to bounce back at a later stage.
I love books with zombies. I love books with vampires. I love dystopian scenarios which generate a rebellion. I love post apocalyptic stories. Any one of those would combine well with YA. But NOT ALL IN ONE BOOK!!!!

I also found the chapters too short. O
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

La La Land is one of those books I couldn't wait to get in my hot little hands. I devoured it in pretty much one setting and then sat staring at the walls wanting to read it again and wanting the next book in the series.

The book starts where Gods of Anthem left off: Tommy and Liza in captivity, forces scattered, the rebellion smashed, fates unknown and shadowy forces at work.

La La Land starts with a hiss and a roar and doesn't give up. The pace is break-neck and I reel
BookishBitchyWitchy
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW what a ride!

La La Land is the second installment of The Last City Series.
A captivating, suspenseful and heart-wrenching story of a dystopian, post-apocalyptic world full of pain, hope, good and evil (where sometimes evil is good and good is evil).

Thought-provoking and action-packed, it will keep you at the edge of your seat, laughing, crying and wanting more!

Seriously Logan Keys, where is #3?
D. King
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gods of Anthem (The Last City) was a phenomenal read, so I was so excited to read La La Land. And holy buckets, Batman! This did not disappoint.

Logan Keys has built this amazing dystopian world that makes you want to live in it. She's smoothed out edges so flawlessly that you lose yourself into this world.

Tommy and Liza are on the run. Liza has no memory of life before she woke up and doesn't know if she should trust this Tommy fellow. But he gets her off the island, and it's just the two of the
C.C. Ravanera
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve procrastinated enough on writing this review.

For what felt like such a long time, book 2 of Gods of Anthem series arrived in my kindle. I’ve been waiting fervently for this one since Gods of Anthem destroyed me. If I remember correctly, I said in my previous review that Logan Keys “rocked me to my core” with her GOA.

LaLa Land did the same but in a vastly different way. In a good way or bad, you decide at the end of this review.

The story started off from where we left Tommy, locked in a gla
Patience Cruise
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The world's a chainsaw ready to cut us into ribbons and we can't be soft."

There may be love in La La Land but it's snuffed out by hate. Smothered by pride. Driven by greed. Destroyed by fear.

"How I know these things is well beyond me. I must have loved and lost, and lost greatly."

The world outside of Anthem is terrifying. And while it might be considered freedom opposed to Anthem's Authority there is always someone in charge. Someone you have to answer to. But at the end of the day, what you s
T.M. Payne
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: La La Land (The Last City #2)
Author: Logan Keys
Publication Date:2/1/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

Review:

First and foremost I suggest you read book one. As this one picks us up where the first book left us. With Tommy and Liza basically waking to a whole new world yet again.

Things have changed so much and now the battle is even more intense and no one knows who can be trusted. Throw in some new characters and weird creatures and we get one hell of a story
Kaila
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. The suspense is non-stop! If life wasn't in the way, I would have devoured this in a day! A dystopian TWD meets TVD rolled in one! This had me at the edge of my seat most of the time. Don't get me wrong, this book also has the feels!

Megan Bailey
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED book one and have been waiting so eagerly for this. La La Land did not disappoint. There's a brutal poetry in the words and the story that grab you and don't let go. Liza and Tommy face a world full of fear, danger, greed, and lust for power. New characters paint a picture of humanity struggling against the wilds of a gutted America. Monsters and experiments, hate and jealousy, love and loss all paint a dystopian landscape that left me breathless. It kept me guessing and on the edge of m ...more
Christine
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I want to give this more than 5 stars!

This book......how do I do this without giving anything away?? Logan Keys delivers a fast paced, knock you off your axis, won't go how you think it will, heartbreaking, action packed, epic tale!
Karen
The Last City is an excellent series and is incredibly well written.I have read a lot of dystopian and post-apocalyptic books,yet this book is unique and fresh.I couldn't put it down until I finished.The author created well developed characters and in depth world building.I highly recommend this book.I received a copy of this book to voluntarily review.
Katie
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning

amazing story, could not put it down until I finished it, brilliant development of characters, highly suggest reading, more than worthwhile
Kim Light
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is truly an amazing creation of a world by Ms Keys! I've never been much of a zombie person, but this book had me hooked! Then add in vampires! And my favorite genre-dystopian! I love this series! The first book starts with two different stories and brings them together in this story. What other twists could Ms Keys throw in the next story! I'm on the edge of my seat and can't wait for the next book.
Priscila
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Wow

Keys is a mean woman.

My heart is broken, shattered into a million little pieces like a sea of red glitter.

The other day, my three year old son, accidentally headbutted me in the nose so hard, I nearly blacked out.
And today it happened again, but this time, the now familiar feeling wasn't my baby's fault.

Lala Land holds no punches, none.

It is, in one short word, brutal.

And I loved every second of it.

Lala Land throws us right back into the middle of the action, the world has gone to hell, and t
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
La La Land, Just had to say that as I'm so digging this book title, says it all, in my opinion, a bat shit crazy, cuckoo world, La La Land. Rubbing my hands together in glee. This is gonna be soooo good.
This Book Picks up where The Last City Ends and we have Tommy rescuing Liza, who is still in a coma from the facility on the island.
This starts an arduous journey to safety For Tommy and Liza, who I forgot to mention has woken up. crucial point sorry, didn't mean to give the impression that Tommy
Dennis Smith
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly surprised!

I was just looking for something to read while waiting for another author to get his latest out.

This appeared in my FB feed and I thought, why not.

This is an awesome series start and I can't wait to read more. Another great author to add to my list!

Elle Scott
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love these characters.

What a ride of emotions. That's all I can say. Bring me the next book stat!
Brandi
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mind.Blown.

Holy wow! Ok ok first let me wipe some tears and close my mouth because I look like a fool. Slow clap for Ms Keys. She had me guessing and gasping to the end. I honestly thought I might need a chart to keep up. It was that intriguing but once those puzzle pieces fell and fit it was smooth sailing. I didn't want to stop.

I don't want to give too much of the plot away because this truly picks up where the first left off. We see the group struggling out in the wild trying to make the rig
Steph Parks
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Gods of Anthem so much that I had to start stalking Logan Keys to make sure I didn't miss anything else she ever writes. So I was super ecstatic when the preordered La La Land showed up on my kindle. This story has so many twists and turns for my little heart, not to mention a bit of spooky and creepiness. And of course the ending leaves me banging my head on the wall wishing I had waited til the whole series was written before I even started. So, in other words, awesome.
Lorraine
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I might've had to wait a while for the second installment in The Last City series, but it was totally worth it.

This epic story continues in the same style as the first book, with different points of view and separate story lines that keep you wondering how and when they will join up.

The characters (new and old) are still 'real' with depth and emotions, and the world building is superb. The pages are filled with non-stop action and suspense, twists and turns, love and hate, and happiness and
Yessi Smith
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
In the haunting follow up to God's of Anthem, Logan Keys takes her readers on a riveting yet unexpected adventure that far exceeded my expectations. The writing was flawless while the characters were beautifully flawed. I simply couldn't put down my kindle and kept me swiping to the next page as quickly as I could.

With little humanity left in this dying world, Keys manages to keep hope alive in the hearts' of her readers. The characters' stories weave together, bringing us closer to them and th
D. Messing
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goodness, Specials, and zombies, and war, now with added vampires, oh my!! This was a phenomenal follow up to the original book, keep the same thrilling pace, and added even more into a very complex cast of characters. I truly loved this story, even more than I liked the first. Even though it deals with very heavy subjects, it is still light enough to really enjoy. And my goodness, the complexity of the story with all of its twisty turns, and complete 180's kept me engaged and on my toes from s ...more
Carolyn Waddell
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review of LaLa Land
By Author Logan Keys

I love this genre and Ms Keys does not disappoint!
This book picks up where God's of Anthem ended.
Tommy kicks things off! Literally! It is very fast paced.
Ghosts and monsters and Zombies, Oh My!!
It grabbed me and ran.
Logan Keys writes so well.
She drops you right into the action. You can feel what her characters go through. While reading this book you'll want a warm bath and a decent meal. Seriously, I wanted some comfort food and an electric blanket whilst
Tracy
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(biased based on having proofread it) but it's still one of the best reads of the entire 2016
Eloise
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Originally I wasn't going to read this... stupidly as most of you know I have over requested on NetGalley and have a HUGE amount of books to get through in the next couple of months. Originally The Last City was on my TBC (to-be-culled) list, but the byline of A ZOMBIE DYSTOPIAN NOVEL gripped its pointy little teeth into me and wouldn't let go.
It has been about a week since I have finished the books and I am having a bit of trouble remembering what happened. Don't get me wrong... I really enjoye
Shh... One More Chapter
This books is leaps and bounds better than the first. I'm not sure if it is the sudden shift in Liza's personality or Tommy and Liza together, but I couldn't put it down. Read it in half a day actually.

The only problem I had was Dallas. Honestly, I skimmed most of her parts until about 35% through the book. I mean, I didn't really care about her love for someone she couldn't have. Like at all. Once stuff got real though and you could see her piece in the puzzle, I stopped skimming. (Also, am I t
Mary
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
<> I purchased this book as soon as it came out. I went back to read "The Last City" formerly known as "Gods of Anthem"
just to refresh my memory a bit. I got through both books in under 3 days. I had a hard time putting them down, and yes even the second time for book 1. Logan Keys has a way of twisting the story so that you keep second guessing what the heck is going on. You have to keep reading to find out which way this tale is going to take you. I felt the emotions of the characters. I cried

• Zombies on The Block
  • Zombies on The Block: There Goes The Neighborhood
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Awakening (Legion, #3)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • Black Veil (The Sworn Saga, #3)
  • Prince of the Moon (Stella and Sol, #2)
  • King of the Stars: Stella and Sol, #3
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • Embers (Dark in You, #4)
  • One for Sorrow (Isabel Fielding, #1)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • Ashes (Dark in You, #3)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Circus of the Dead, Book One
Logan Keys says she’s not so much a writer as she is a soothsayer and preparer for those who are still blissfully unaware. Her stories aren’t dystopian but rather a warning for the next generation. When she’s not writing zombies, vampires, superheroes, and robots, she’s fighting against government over-reach and oligarchy using military tactics mixed with a little bit of poetry.

Logan’s currently

The Last City (3 books)
  • The Last City
  • Lies and Legends (The Last City, #3)