Start by marking “Trust Me (Social Media Murders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Trust Me (Social Media Murders, #3)

Trust Me

(Social Media Murders #3)

What do you do if you witness a murder…but no-one believes you?
When Kate sees a horrific murder streamed live on her laptop, she calls the police in a state of shock. But when they arrive, the video has disappeared – and she can’t prove anything. Desperate to be believed, Kate tries to find out who the girl in the video could be – and who her killer is.
Freddie and Nas are
Published June 15th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me, please sign up.
Maggie I suppose it could be read as a stand alone. I actually read the second in the series before the first, but really it's best to read them in order .

Start your review of Trust Me (Social Media Murders, #3)
sue

Out

OMG
After not liking book 1
Then enjoying book 2

This final book (bk 3) has brought me to my knees (reading knees)

Imagine if you switched on your PC and in live stream you saw someone being raped.

Yeah
I kid you not.

What ensues after this is remarkable.

I’ll never be the same on social media again!

What a fabulous end
Paul
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-thrillers
Trust Me – Getting Better With Every Book

How would you feel if you went online, to Facebook and then watched someone being raped and possibly murdered, and you feel you are the only one to see it? You know you need to report it, but because the links have been deleted will the police believe you, what can you tell the them?

DS Nasreen Cudmore and her friend and Police analyst Freddie Venton are investigating the Spice Road, on the dark web looking for clues about the drug dealing on there and the
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you were surfing live videos on the internet and saw someone being sexually assaulted? Would you ring the police? Would you convince yourself it must be fake? Would you expect anyone to believe you?

Well Kate witnessed such a thing and she is struggling to get anyone to believe it, especially as there are no other reports, and the live stream and account were disabled very quickly afterwards. However there is just enough in the story for Freddie and Nas to take a look into
Joanne Robertson
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has been a brilliant series so far by Angela Clarke. She’s really tapped into the dark side of social media for all three novels now and I’ve really enjoyed the multimedia aspects that have been played out across all the books. Trust Me works well as a standalone but you will get so much more out of this book if you read the previous two books, especially as the relationship between Freddie and Nas is a complex and interesting one.

What would do if you saw a crime committed on the internet?
Liz Barnsley
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this the 3rd in the Social Media Murder series. The crime elements are excellent but I'm mostly caught up in the interpersonal relationships of the group dynamic, especially the ebb and flow of the friendship between Freddy and Nas.

Full review on Liz Loves Books for the publication next week.
Hans
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts a bit slow and sometimes confusing but picks up speed on its way. The end contained a rather unexpected surprise.
Kate
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Freddie and Nas! This is such an enjoyable series and Trust Me could be my favourite.

Wendy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The force of Freddie Venton returns in the dynamic and unflinchingly gritty Trust Me.

The technically homeless, romanticallychaotic police consultant still fails tocensor her thoughts before voicing them, meaning sheremains a causefor concernto her school friend andsemi-starched superior, Detective Sergeant Nasreen Cudmore, particularly sincethemomentously questionableuse ofastationery cupboard.

During their previous encounters they have been introduced to some very dark places and people, but
Joanna
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
So I seem to be the odd one out, but this book just irked the shit out of me. It wasn't horrible - the plot was decent, quick-moving, it held my attention.

But it was so sloppy! Josh's older sister is introduced as Melanie. A couple of pages later she's Melinda. Then back to Melanie again, then once more she's Melinda. ...you serious??

But not nearly as annoying as a suspect telling the cops he left the party at 1:00 AM, then on the next page he says he left at 11:00 PM. The cops reiterate he left
Abby Slater- Fairbrother
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am new to this series, but have read many positive reviews and praise. I initially assumed Freddie and Nas were male characters (my bad!). It was a pleasant surprise to see two strong female leads, in a contemporary, police procedural, crime fiction novel. This made the novel feel much more realistic to me. My bestie is a detective. So whilst I know there maybe be fewer female detectives, there are still more than is often portrayed in crime fiction.

The novel opens with Kate witnessing a
Anne
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trust Me thrusts the reader back into the lives of Detective Nas Cudmore and her childhood friend, and now colleague Freddie Venton. Two people. who are so very closely linked, by their work and through their shared history, yet are so very different in character.

Whilst this book is the third in the Social Media Murders series, it does work very well as a standalone novel, although I'd urge readers to go back and read the first two in series to gain more insight into the past history that has
Diane Hogg
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you do if you witness a murder…but no-one believes you?

Freddie and Nas are working on a missing persons case, but tensions in the police force are running high and time is ticking. When Kate contacts
Julia
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I've thoroughly enjoyed Angela Clarke's Social Media Murders series so far and, although I found this one a little slower to start, it is another tense outing for Freddie and Nas.

The characters - new and old - are good, it's quite creepy and genuinely scary in places, and quite sad too, but there are also some light-hearted moments to lift the mood, usually courtesy of Freddie! I really hope there is more to come in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the ARC of Trust Me.
Alan Cotterell
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Done it again

Yet another great book. Strong characters and a good story line. Characters are developing nicely. Hope there is a book 4.
Mandy White
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
this is a great series.. i love all of them and this one was no exception. the fact that these things could so easily happen in modern society.
Katherine Sunderland
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust Me is the the third novel in Clarke's Social Media Murderer series and it is brilliant. It is gripping, immensely well paced and so well constructed it is compelling, exciting and unputdownable. Freddie and Nas are developing into very likeable, complex and engaging characters who have their flaws but also have their strengths, courage and bravery. I really enjoyed being back with them and watching the dynamics between them develop as well as learning more about them as people.

To me, this
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Even though 'Trust Me' is the third book in the 'Social Media Murders' series, I found it relatively easy to keep up with the storyline, despite having not read the first book in the series. There are a lot of characters in this storyline, but given the nature of the investigation and how complex it seems to be, I would be rather shocked if it did contain less characters. At least this way, the investigation comes
Kath
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book three of a series and as with all series books, although the main story is self-contained, to get the very best from the characters, especially with respect to their backstories and development, it is best to start from book one and read in order. The previous books have both been good and the characters within somewhat complex that I would recommend this course of action for this series more than most.
As with the previous two books in this series, on completion of this one I went
Vicky-Leigh Sayer
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust Me is the third novel in Angela Clarke's social media series, and as always this author manages to send a chill down my spine when I consider what could happen to anyone who partakes in social media of any kind on a daily basis.

Kate is watching videos being live streamed online when she witnesses a horrific sexual attack on a young girl that culminates in violence. Kate is horrified and does what she considers to be the right thing by reporting the crime to the Police.

However by the time
Claire Watson
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trust Me is the latest book from Angela Clarke and it reunites us with DS Nasreen Cudmore and Freddie Venton.

Kate sees a horrific murder - witnessed live via a live video stream but the police don't seem to believe her and when the police eventually arrive the idea has disappeared. Nas and Freddie are working on a missing persons case and even Kate contacts them, they wonder if the cases could be linked.

This book is tense and fast paced. I read it in just over a day and was drawn in from the
Rosie Amber
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: murder-mystery
Trust Me is book three in the social media murder series set in London.

It opens with a young girl, running scared.

Late one night, Kate stumbles across something shocking via a live video upload on the internet. She reports the incident to the police, but when they follow it up, the video has been deleted; the incident is filed. Concerned no one is taking her seriously, Kate makes contact with the media and does a live interview.

Cyber-crime chasers, Nasreen and Freddie, are working on a gang
Publishers: Avon
Price on Amazon Kindle: 2.99 Paperback: 3.99
Pages: 400
ISBN: 0008174644

This is the third book in the social media murder series. I was so excited for this book to come out i really couldn't wait. I loved the first two in the series, i couldn't put them down so when this one came out i was over the moon. However, I started to read this book and i must admit by 17 chapters in i had no idea
Gemma
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was sent an advanced copy of this book from Netgalley and I am very grateful as I'm already a fan of Angela Clarke. Was happy to see Nas & Freddie again and enjoyed another well written, gripping story! Would highly recommend this to anyone and I'm looking forward to the next instalment!
Gordon Mcghie
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The third Freddie and Nas thriller in Angela Clarke’s engaging Social Media murder series and this has been my favourite of the three.

First the housekeeping, it is book 3 of a series so there are some references to past events. I have goldfish memory and can never remember character names so I can confirm that Trust Me *can* be read as a stand alone (or out of sequence). The author ensures that new (and forgetful) readers will not be disadvantaged when previous events are discussed as she nicely
Karen
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
While undertaking some online research for her work, Kate stumbles upon a live video which is seemingly showing a young woman being murdered. After calling the police, she discovers that the video has disappeared and that people are reluctant to take her seriously. How can she prove that this was not a figment of her imagination and that, somewhere, is a girl in need of help? Meanwhile, Sergeant Nasreen Cudmore and her friend Freddie Venton are working on a missing persons case - could the two ...more
Geraldine
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, series, crime
I awarded the previous two books in this series 5 stars, * (prior to checking) I have awarded this 4 stars. I don't think that's particularly fair. If I really had to justify my differentiation it would be because the previous two, especially the first, were so very different.

Different because of the characters introduced, especially Freddie. And different because of the Social Media angle. By book 3, neither of these aspects are new and surprising. And, yet, part of the enjoyment of reading a
Chrissi
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Social Media Murders series, and I swear the books are getting better and better. Whilst I enjoyed Follow Me, I thought Watch Me was even better and Trust Me certainly lived up to my expectations.

It centres around Kate, Nasreen and Freddie. Kate was watching live videos on the internet and saw someone being sexually assaulted and then stabbed. Pretty gruesome, right? Kate immediately phones the police and they’re not sure she’s telling the truth. There were no
Clare
With thanks to Netgalley and Avon books for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

One night school teacher Kate is watching a live video stream on Periscope. She is shocked to see a young woman in an empty room with two males. A voice in the background shouts 'like this post, get this to one thousand likes'. Then the young woman is glassed in the face and raped by one of the males, the other male can be heard in the background shouting 'hey'. Kate calls the police but they do not
Stephanie
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust Me is the third book in the social media series by Angela Clarke.
Each of the novels have focused on the more worrying sides of social media. In this book, the site featured is Periscope. It is another that I have never used but one that I do understand. Sort of.
This is a series that I am up to date with, an unusual occurrence for me with all the books that are published. I have enjoyed getting to know the characters, seeing them settle into their roles and changing their views as they
Dleech
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trust me is the third instalment in the social media murders series and the first book I've read by this author. Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I have to say from the minute I started reading this book I was gripped. The writing and plot are well executed and the two main female characters, Nasreen and Freddie, are incredibly likeable whilst being totally different in temperament and character. As this is the third book in the
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Secret (DS Imogen Grey, #2)
  • The Angel (DS Imogen Grey, #3)
  • The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)
  • Then She Vanishes
  • Come and Find Me (DI Marnie Rome, #5)
  • Dying Breath (Detective Lucy Harwin, #2)
  • His First Lie
  • A Gift for Dying
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Tick Tock (DS Grace Allendale, #2)
  • The Search (DC Ian Bradshaw, #3)
  • Perfect Prey (D.I. Callanach, #2)
  • Boneyard (DI Charlotte Savage, #6)
  • Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)
  • Dead To Me (Detective Kate Matthews, #1)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • I'll Find You
Angela Clarke is an author, playwright, columnist, screenwriter and broadcaster. Her debut crime thriller Follow Me was named Amazon’s Rising Star Debut of the Month January 2016, longlisted for the Crime Writer’s Association Dagger in the Library 2016, and shortlisted for the Dead Good Reader Page Turner Award 2016. Watch Me is the second instalment in the Social Media Murder Series. Angela’s ...more

Social Media Murders (3 books)
  • Follow Me (Social Media Murders, #1)
  • Watch Me (Social Media Murders, #2)