Start by marking “Fleece Navidad (A Knitting Mystery, # 6)” as Want to Read:
Fleece Navidad (A Knitting Mystery, # 6)

Fleece Navidad

(A Knitting Mystery #6)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas for the knitters of Fort Connor, Colorado, who are furiously working on their holiday projects. Juliet, the town's "little brown wren" librarian, is known for her beautiful handmade Christmas capes, and she has extra reason to be joyful this year—she's in love. But as soon as she finds happiness, death finds her.

Suspicion falls o
Published September 30th 2008 by Berkley Hardcover (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fleece Navidad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleece Navidad

Rage
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I have super low expectations of cozy mysteries. this book had some seasonal cheer, fairly shallow characters, and a fairly obvious mystery.

I had a hard time connecting to the characters in this one - so many people were introduced in the beginning, and with curt and burt and meagan and mimi and marty I was just not keeping everyone straight. basically everyone has a partner, but their relationships weren't always defined, and I wasn't given any information about what anyone looks like (except m
Kendra
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
this isn't a mystery novel. it's a fiction novel with a token, predictable "mystery" thrown into the middle in hopes that people won't notice that the author cares more about developing her characters' romances than challenging the reader. I originally picked up these books because I'm a knitter and I love mystery novels. I can't continue with this series because not only does it fail in the mystery department, the knitting isn't even interesting or realistically described. I'm done.
Kimberly
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 75-books-in-2017
This book rivals Kate Kingsbury in writing Christmas books in general.

I love Kate Kingsbury. So to say that it rivals her, is a big deal! I loved this book. I had not read any previous books in this series and it was perfect as a standalone!

One heck of a murder mystery and it took me towards the end to figure the killer. I loved all of the characters and it was easy to remember who was who. Not too many that you became confused.
I loved that it took place in Colorado. The end of the book is full
Maggie Grace
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Fluffy reading, but who doesn't need a little cozy mystery now and again.
Kelly
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read all of the Maggie Sefton knitting books and this one did not disappoint. I love Kelly and the other characters, especially Mimi, Jayleen, Steve and Curt. I like the way the characters and their relationships have developed throughout the series.

In this book a few new characters are introduced, some that live in the town and some that are new to the area. This story centers on the Lambspun Knitting Shop where the cast of characters spend most of their time and the events that take pla
Barbara
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The author Maggie Sefton has a hook - she writes about a charming yarn shop in the fictional town in Colorado. Like the author, the heroine Kelly, is a transplant to Colorado from Washington DC. The story is formulaic and like most cozy mysteries pretty predictable. The story tries to keep us guessing by hosting two villains. One is a gold digging 3 time widow in town to trap a new husband. The other is the daughter of the third husband convinced the widow killed him and her 2 former husbands. A ...more
Margarita
Jan 26, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mysteries
I've read and enjoyed this whole series until this one. What a clunker! There has been no growth in these stilted one-dimensional characters. The dialog is so generic and impersonal. What irritated me the most, though, was Kelly and Burt's (who is a retired police officer) "advice" to a character accused of car theft. They tell her that she will have to prove her innocence! Even the most basic civics lesson should clarify this crazyness. It will be tough for me to keep going with this series, wh ...more
Jennifer Hodges Young
Jan 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
In this Sefton's 6th entry of this series Kelly must help a newcomer in town prove that she did not kill the town librian. Cluadia is a totally unlikable charector and you wish she had done the deed. Her step daughter is even more shrill and crazy. I did not enjoy this book as much as the previous ones the mystery was to obvious, the newcomers to unlikable and the main charectors stuck in the same place they were in the last book
Kathy Davie
Sep 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the first in the Knitting Mysteries series which I picked up...I could not resist the title!

Very homey and cozy. It made me want to hang out in a knitting shop...even...maybe...take up knitting!
Another fun and fast read. Once again - "who done it" was clear well before the end and I found myself telling the main character to put the clues together a little faster, but I still found it to be a really enjoyable read. A TON of recipies in the back of this one too. YUM!
Cathy Hannigan
I've read # 7 ~ don't remember this one
Eileen
So many characters were introduced in the beginning and there was so little information about them that it was hard to keep track. I had to keep referring to the list in the front of the book for a reminder. The characters were not developed including the protagonist, Kelly. They didn't have much to say either, other than some bland banter. Though I have to admit that I kept putting this book down for days at a time, I was not able to get into the story and this contributed to my confusion about ...more
Ingrid
Sep 11, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knit, mystery
It's been a while since I read a book in this series, and I was waiting for December to read this Christmas themed installment. I don't think this book has he same level of writing as the earlier volumes.

At some point it's mentioned that Kelly only moved to that area 18 months ago, which means the first six books take place over a year and a half. That's a really tight timeline for all of the murders and crimes committed in that area, plus the amount of new businesses and changes. The character
Nicolette Kernohan
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting-mystery
Although Kelly Flynn is a relatively new knitter, she is keen to join her friends with a charity knitting project, in Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton. Kelly also must solve the unexpected death of one of her knitting companions, in the sixth of the Knitting Mystery series.

Caffeine addict, Kelly Flynn lives adjacent to the House of Lambspun in Fort Connor, Colorado knitting shop. This Christmas, Kelly and her fellow knitters are working on charity knitting projects. The local librarian, Juliet Re
Elletee
I have read all the books in this series so far and each time I wonder why I do? I have such a love/hate relationship with this series!! I love that it's centred around a wool shop, I love that it has patterns and I love the descriptions of the yarns but I do not like any of the characters. The get togethers are so annoying and samey with the constant teasing, I have to skip these parts. I also skipped the whole Nativity play bits, it was not interesting or relevant to the story.
The mystery its
Pat Timpanaro
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun entry in this reliable cozy series.

There are two new characters introduced near the beginning of the book. I made a bet with myself as to which one would be killed and I was wrong.

I figured out whodunit very shortly after the body was discovered, so finishing the book was somewhat anti-climatic. But the continuing characters are fun and I like that the knitting references feel natural rather than contrived.
Rachel
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was the sixth book of a fun cozy mystery series. I found it to be well written for its genre with well developed characters. I love the "family" that the protagonist has found because of the Lambspun fiber shop with classes and needed items for spinning, knitting, crocheting, felting, and weaving. And I love the protagonist Kelly and her CPA brain that loves to puzzle out numbers and murders. I am such a huge fan of this series.
Laura Gabbard
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Another fun installment in this cozy series. This one takes place at Christmas time so of course we get lots of pre-Christmas activities (including lots of gift knitting and parties) all centered around this quaint little yarn shop in the fictional Fort Connor, CO (which sounds very similar to the way I've heard the real Fort Collins, CO described). And of course there is a murder mystery and Kelly, our protagonist, helps solve the crime.
Lynn Duhamell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New characters = new mystery.

I like how the author adds new people to the knitting group and yet haunted all the fun and family feel of the original one. Another delightful progression in this great group of friends' story. Will be trying out some of the recipes and knitting patterns in the back of the book!
Carol B Davis
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good. Resd

I liked that characters othervthanbthebusuak knitters werbinvolvedbin the plot the plot itself wasbgoodband the characters we have all come do lvebmadevth we story come alive.
Annie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is so much fun. You have mystery, knitting projects and amazing recipes to follow along. Since starting this series I've finished one project and started three others. I'll have some of these recipes ready for this years Christmas parties.
Julie J. Campbell
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: maggie-sefton
Still good characters and good story - author is having fun incorporating real life, holidays, and the things we do to help our loved ones, into the lives of her characters. Wasn't one of my favorites in the series. Still want to learn to knit.
Debi Emerson
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Unusual plot, very well done and I love spending time with these characters!
Colby Schlecht
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great cozy...enjoyable series
Andrea Kalmbach
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Although I have not read any of the others in the series , I was not lost with the characters. I did think it was obvious who the killer was. Overall an enjoyable, holiday theme read.
Darcy Palmer
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love these knitting mysteries. I want to go to that yarn shop and coffee shop.
Deborah Almada
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a good holiday who done it, with a comfortable cast of characters and an interesting mystery!!!!
Molly Ford
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy mystery read. Pretty obvious who did it.
Amy Metz
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Definitely NOT going to be a new cozy mystery series for me. Ugh. Could barely make it through....
  • Sins and Needles (A Needlecraft Mystery, #10)
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • Knit, Purl, Die (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • You Better Knot Die (Crochet Mystery, #5)
Aka Margaret Conlan

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own

A Knitting Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Knit One, Kill Two (A Knitting Mystery, #1)
  • Needled to Death (A Knitting Mystery, # 2)
  • A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery, #3)
  • A Killer Stitch (A Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Dyer Consequences (A Knitting Mystery, # 5)
  • Dropped Dead Stitch (A Knitting Mystery, # 7)
  • Skein of the Crime (A Knitting Mystery, #8)
  • Unraveled (A Knitting Mystery, #9)
  • Cast On, Kill Off (A Knitting Mystery, #10)
  • Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery, #11)