Start by marking “Her Leading Man (Reel Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Leading Man (Reel Romance, #1)

Her Leading Man

(Reel Romance #1)

Life’s not like the movies . . . or is it?

An avid knitter and manager of a yarn store in New York City, Caitlyn finds herself at loose ends after getting dumped by her long-time, live-in boyfriend. What better way to move on then to find a man like the old-school movie stars that she dreams about? But her first attempt at online dating is a disaster. Especially when the da
Published February 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Her Leading Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Leading Man

Pam
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caitlyn & Ben meet on a horrible first date. Caitlyn has decided she's ready to get back out there after a bad breakup & has resorted to an online dating site. Ben's secretary has convinced him to give it a try but it's way to early for him. He's still in the anger stage of the breakup. After getting drunk, being obnoxious & dumping his drink in her lap, Caitlyn writes Ben off.

Ben can't remember the date the night before. He has a horrible hangover but thinks the date was boring. He
Cheri
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
**I received and ARC of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.**

I want to be BFFs with this book. It had a rough start for me, but I truly think the few sharp edges I encountered will be smoothed out in final editing. Once the story got going I forgot about those hiccups and just strapped in for the ride.

The first chapter of this book had me thinking there was NO WAY the author was going to be able to make Ben likeable. Talk about a jerk! Sure he was drunk, but why would you
Raquel
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caitlyn who has a love for old movies and knitting is trying to move on after her boyfriend of many years dumps her and her friends have finally convinced her to give online dating a try and find her very own Cary Grant. But instead of Cary Grant she gets the date from hell where she meets Ben who is drunk and lays into her about the way she dress her job and to make matter worse tells her she need to get laid and that he's willing to help her out with that needless to say he is a totals jerk. T ...more
Connie N.
#1 in the Reel Romance series

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This feels like a sweet old-fashioned romance, although there were definitely some hot moments. Caitlyn is a quiet woman who likes to knit and watch classic movies. As a matter of fact, she and her friends are trying to save a dying classic-movie theater. Along comes Ben, first a disastrous blind date, then a surprise roommate. He and Caitlyn have romantic chemistry, although it's more
Nadine
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caitlyn and Ben are both getting over a previous relationship. Caitlyn is nice and kind. Ben is a bit tougher. Not very nice at first (understatement). Their first date? Nope. NO WAY. But then fate puts them in each other’s path again.

I liked it. Fun and sweet and spicy and it just flowed well. I really enjoyed following Caitlyn and Ben and their conflicting interests. And how it all comes together… or not. They should make a movie of this book!

Only thing: I am not that familiar with Cary Grant
Regina
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful first book in this series about a group of friends and their love for old movies - and The Ellen, a movie theater from the Golden Age that's practically a character in its own right.

I fell in love with Caitlyn pretty much from the start, siding with her against uber-jerk Ben... who turned out to be our romantic hero?!
Kudos to Maggie Dallen to pull that one off - I was really surprised when I actually fell in love with Ben, too. Eventually. :)

I especially loved Caitlyn's tight-knit
Ellen
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caitlin manages a yarn store in NYC and Ben's a Wall Street executive. They meet on an online dating service...unfortunately their date is a disaster! Ben's drunk and extremely rude & condescending to Caitlin the entire time! They meet again when Ben ends up subletting a room for Caitlin while his condo is being renovated. Neither is looking for romance, but their chemistry is too hot to deny!
Gail
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming romance story about Caitlyn and Ben. It will make you laugh and cry. Loved the referrals to the Cary Grant movies. This story would make for an amazing Hallmark movie! I loved every minute of the story and hated to see it end.
Meaghan
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Sweet and fun, with some sparks at the beginning and grand gestures at the end, just like in the movies.
Angel Hatfield
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caitlyn loves to knit and teach her craft at the yarn store she works at and loves her job. Her long time boyfriend dumped her and after six months and Caitlyn decides to stop holing up in her apartment and start going out with her friends again. Then Caitlyn takes advice from one of her friend and decides to give online dating a chance. She states on her online profile she is looking for someone like her all time favorite Cary Grant. Then she accepts a date and goes to the restaurant to meet hi ...more
Books and Spoons
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
As a lover of old movies, Cary Grant, and knitting picking this book up at NetGalley was no brainer to me. And it turned out to be a fun read, a story filled with good friends and an intriguing romance storyline from a disastrous date to roommates to friends with benefits to... Yes, it takes a wild and windy road for Caitlyn and Ben to find their HEA.
Caitlyn's self-esteem was a bit fragile after her ex took an ax to it as they broke up. Now she is finally ready to try dating again and in walks
Samantha Bilodeau
This was sweet and sexy with some fun characters. Caitlyn works at a yarn shop and is someone who enjoys life's comforts. Her idea of a fun evening is hanging out on her couch while knitting, watching movies, or talking - or all of the above. Her ex found this boring and left her feeling inadequate. She has a horrible blind date and then is stuck living with that date. Ben, the bad date, was nervous and drunk and doesn't remember his bad behavior. He is also recently single, having found his gir ...more
C bond

Caitie
Aug 21, 2017
Joan
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story but I didn't care for the crude language in certain parts. I realize the language was to demonstrate Ben's character but for me it took away something from the romance. I also found myself skipping over the sexual encounters, I would rather have had more left to the imagination. But the basic story itself was good.
Eva
Needa
Apr 23, 2017
Stephanie
May 21, 2017

• Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • Heating Up (Nugget, #7)
  • More Than You Know (The Harrisons, #1)
  • Stripped (Happy Endings, #1)
  • Cooking with Kandy (Will Cook for Love, #1)
  • Hell on Heels (Hotel Rodeo, #1)
  • Above All
  • Night Sins
  • Wilde Thing (Born to Be Wilde, #3)
  • One Week in Your Arms (Love Heals All #1)
  • Surrender
  • Last Chance Season (Plum Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetheart Racket (Brash & Brazen, #1)
  • Switch (Spark, #5)
  • Men Like This (Long Shot Romance, #1)
  • Magdalene (Tales of Dunham, #3)
  • Always In My Dreams (Dennehy Sisters, #4)
  • Crossing Hearts (Atlanta Skyline, #1)

Reel Romance (2 books)
  • His Leading Lady (Reel Romance #2)