Start by marking “Giving It Up (Brewhouse, #1)” as Want to Read:
Giving It Up (Brewhouse, #1)

Giving It Up

(Brewhouse #1)

Jolene "Jo" Miller has been panting over her crush for years. He's everything she wants: a gentle giant with kick-ass ambition and a rock-hard body that she's dying to ride. The problem is, she's stuck in his friend zone due to one embarrassing reason - she's a virgin.

Jo's crush has no interest in popping her cherry. She'll need to take some drastic measures to get her cr
Published January 10th 2017 by Holly Dodd LLC

To ask other readers questions about Giving It Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giving It Up

Start your review of Giving It Up (Brewhouse, #1)
Sybil aka Lala
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was an absolute treat to read and spun everything I love about NA Romance together perfectly. It was filled with angst, sexual tension, humour and romance so sweet I’m sure I gained five pounds.

Kevin is a manwhore. A bad boy. A cynic. But his loyalty and squishy centre won me over from the start. His confusion about his many feelings towards Jo had my toes curling in pleasure and I ate up every single dirty thought and word that spilled from him.

Jo, on the other hand, is the good girl
Karin
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Holly Dodd but, won't be my last. This was such a adorable story. It was steamy & funny.

Jo is about to graduate college and feels like her window is closing on something happening with her college obsession Regi. Regi is a man slut who doesn't sleep with virgins so Jo decides to fix her virgin status asap. She enlists her friend Kevin who is slut himself.

Jo meets Kevin after he has a one night stand with her room mate and they become quick friends. Kevin doesn't do rel
Jamie
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Where to start...I mean the book would've been halfway decent for me had I not been so annoyed by the grammatical errors and spelling errors. I mean, this book is pretty small, just over 100 pgs or so. Did no one edit it at all? Also, I mean I'm not totally into BDSM, which is like a thing in this book. I can overlook that, the problem with me was there was really no build up, at least not in my opinion. It was like the writer wanted to pack everything in really quick and finish up. Or maybe she ...more
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I absolutely love reading books by new authors because it is like indulging in a box of chocolates ...you just never know what you are going to get. The minute I read the blurb, the only thing I could think was “this sounds like my type of book”. I was quickly engrossed in the story line and was turning pages as fast I could to experience every moan and pant of Jo and Kevin and to watch them fall head over heels. And let me tell you, Jo and Kevi
Diana Munn
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in advance for my honest review. This was my first book from this author and OMG I fell in love. She is will definitely be on my to be read list for all her books. This book is so HOT and SEXY it will have you blushing as you read. It will not disappoint you if you like a good romance and love story with just the right amount of humor, kink and even drama to draw you in.

Mette
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Giving it up was a sizzling hot read. It was fun, sweet and sizzling hot.

Jo is a student who is in love with Regi, another student. He is a real ladies man and finds Jo very attractive; the only problem is that he doesn’t do virgins and that’s what Jo is.

Kevin is secretly in love or lust with Jo, and he is more than willing to help Jo with her “problem.” Jo and Kevin soon discover that they’re perfect for each other and this is when the angst sets in.

“She didn’t fight me. Instead, she let me lea
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Giving It Up was a quick paced sexy and funny read about the girl who thinks she needs to give up her virginity so her crush will want to spend time with her. I was able to read this one in a couple of hours and I really liked it. Then again I also do tend to like a friends to lovers romance especially when it has that added twist of let me show you I am the right man for you not him plot line. Oh and add in a vi
Wendy Fisher
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love these kind of books. Girl wants hot boy, hot boy doesn't want girl because he refuses to take her v-card, so girl goes to plan b, not knowing he has a thing for her. So they decide to take it slow and in the process feelings change. Now what? Can he change his man whore ways? Can he try loving again or is ending it the best solution? I loved this story and the characters. Change can happen and everyone deserves a HEA. One click worthy!
Samantha Larkin
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
2:5 stars! This was a bit kinkier than I realised! It was good but I struggled with a few things 1 I love a book that builds and this was a quick sexy read 2 when he broke her trust I would have preferred a lot more grovelling 3 the regi drama (there would never be any recovering for that in the next book for me!
Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect
Listened to this on audio. It was a super quick listen and I loved the narrators.

Didn't expect to enjoy this one as much as I did, it wasn't on my radar at all but I was going through the available books on Audible Escape and I just wanted something quick and sexy, which this delivered on. Plus Christian Rummel is one of the narrators so extra motivation to pick this up.

Jo has a crush on Regi, Regi doesn't get involved virgins, at all. So Jo decides to give up her v-card to Kevin, her new frie
Tre Talbot
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and sexy read. Jo is trying to lose her V-Card and whom better to help rectify the situation then your friend right?. The story is the perfect friends to lovers romance that had me hooked. Kevin is known for his “sharing the love” ways but as the lessons move further along with Jo his whole perspective changes little by little. Great read and where introduced to other characters that Id love to hear their stories on as well.
Angie
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 almost good stars.

This started okay and very very hot. Just wow. And the plot is somewhat similar to The Deal, I was really pumped to read this.🙋

Midway, I started noticing words that were misused. And some analogies that doesn't make sense or weird or awkward. Then the story was somehow not deep. It was a bit shallow and the conflict was a lame attempt.

I still did enjoy reading this. I think I won't be reading the next book; Regi and Mia's but I'm really curious on the third b
Samantha Ortegon
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Giving it Up is my first read by Holly Dodd and I have to say that I was surprised with how much I blushed while reading it. This story caught me from the beginning with it's sexy paced characters with every turn of a page there is humor, kink and some drama.

Jolene "Jo" Miller is a virgin who has a massive crush on the hottest guy in class but for some reason he has a thing with avoiding virgins. Jo comes up with a plan to have her friend who is a known manwhore to be her first and maybe even g
Barbara
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book! You have two main characters that are total opposite. Both are just so personable that you can’t help but love every moment with them. You have Jo who is a 23 year old virgin that is so hung up on Regi that she’s willing to get someone to teach her the ins and outs of lovemaking and you have Kevin who wants Jo but doesn’t do relationships. So when Jo ask Kevin to “teach” her so to speak, he thinks he’s won the lottery: he’ll get Jo in his bed with no strings as well as ...more
Rhiannon King
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this kind of story. Jo is the shy girl who is tired of still being a virgin when the guy she is crushing hard on refuses to take her v-card, Jo comes up with a plan, she asks her man-whore friend Kevin to help her out. Jo and Kevin have become great friends after a chance meeting one morning, little does Jo know Kevin has a little crush of his own. They have great chemistry and together they will make quite an explosion.
Reason I'm only giving it 3.5 stars is because I felt like there was
ellieisuhmabookworm
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holly-dodd
Final Score - 5 Stars!

Jolene "Jo" Miller is a beautiful dedicated student who hasn't took time to party and go out a lot during her college days. She does have her eye on that one unattainable guy and will do anything she can to get his attention - and she desperately wants the hot and sexy Regi to be her first. But Regi doesn't "do" virgins. So, she enlists her friend Kevin to help her loose her pesky v-card.

Kevin is a hot and sexy trainer who she became friends with after his one night stand
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Wow - this is both fun, with some lovely touches of humour, steamy and was so full of emotion it made me cry! This is a well written, easy to read book that was different enough to make it stand out from more run of the mill romance stories.

The book is really well written, the characters well rounded and the plot was good. The book had a steady pace and neither dragged nor jumped around to much. There were enough other characters included to fill out the book, and we got enough background story
Courtney
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a new author for me and i have to say I have fallen for her characters! Jo wants nothing more than to shed her identity as innocent so she has a shot of the guy she thinks is the one for her, Regi. On the campus of University of Wisconsin, Madison Regi is the guy that has women falling all over him and Jo is not immune to him either. Concocting a plan to loose the one thing she thinks is in the way with her fairy tale with Regi with a the guy who is her friend and an admitted man-whore ...more
Denielle Hoppe
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
DIRTY KNEES REVIEWS: Giving It Up by Holly Dodd 4 KNEES!

Jolene uses her one and only guy friend, Kevin, to make her crush, Regi, see her differently then the wholesome girl she portrays.

Kevin and Regi are friends and discuss Jo on a regular basis. They both know she wants Regi but he doesn't go for the pure and unexperienced. Kevin volunteers to change that.

Jo and Kevin decide to use each other to get what they want but don't consider emotions and feelings can get involved rather quickly.

This w
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read from Holly Dodd and I really enjoyed it. The characters were well developed and I was able to follow along with the story. There was also loads of hot sex scenes! Right off the bat, I loved Jo. She was sweet and innocent and smart. I loved Kevin! Yes he was a player, but he was up front and honest about it. The way he treated Jo, though, it was obvious that she was going to be someone much different for him.

I had a hard time with Jo's relationship to Mia. Mia
Kimberly Burns
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in advance in exchange for an honest review. This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I will definitely be reading more from her in the future!

This story is hot and sexy in all the right places. So, Jo is pretty much obsessed with Regi and she thinks she’s doing a really good job of being discreet about it. Problem is, she is very obvious and everyone she knows is aware of her feelings….as well as the status of her cherry. Regi won’t touch a virgin with a ten fo
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
OMG I loved this book the characters were amazing and real. the story keep in , I didn't won't to put it down. Jo is tired of being a Virgin , she has her eyes set on one certain guy but he doesn't do virgins and jo just knows that once she's been deflowered her perfect guy will want her and they will live happily ever after....right? Well in order to lose her V-card she's going to seek out the help of her friend Kevin cause she trust him and he's a ladies man, but will he do it?
Kevin likes Jo a
Sam Young
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun intense emotional story that is completely gripping. I thought this would go a different direction to what it did and therfore surprised me and wasn't predictable. This is a great story about a virgin who has a crush on two men. Her 1 crush won't sleep with her because she's a virgin the other will. That is where the typical romance ends. This is z great love story with lots of twists and turns and lots of elements to the story love,friendship, loyalty, surprise, betrayal, hurt, ro ...more
Rochelle Sumner Kroesen
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Holly Dodd so I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I really enjoyed the book. I loved the characters. Jo was sweet and I really liked her. Though I can't imagine why she had to so bad for Regi, in my opinion he wasn't anything that special. I totally fell in love with Kevin, but who couldn't. I know he was a manwhore but he never pretended not to be. The more you get into his head and know what's really going on with him the more you fall for him. If you are loo ...more
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
This is my first book by this author... and I must say that I am now a fan. This story takes you through all kinds of emotions and feels... here you have Jo, who is in college and still a virgin.... yes... but the story line is amazing. She thinks she wants Regi, who is a man whore and won't even give her the time of day because she's a virgin! Can you believe it. And there is Kevin. He's also to be considered a man whore, but he finally gives in to Jo.... From there you fall in love with these ...more
Marley
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to give it more stars but I couldn't. To me it was ok but not enough depth. I sadly found myself rolling my eyes and skipping pages/scenes non stop. Some scenes just went on to long for me. I didn't mind Jo she was pretty laid back. And Kevin was written pretty well. Just the whole book to me had pretty much only sex and mediocre s&m. I needed more back story along with more world and character build. It just didn't do it for me. I can tell Holly Dodd has potential but she's still very ...more
G Haze
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First book by this author & she now has another adoring fan. I fell for her writing style rather quickly. This books was a fantastic read. The characters Jo, Kevin, Mia & Regi were well developed.
Jo was a determined college student. She knew what she wanted & had persistence to see it through. Kevin was a broken fitness trainer that had walls built around his heart. He needed a wicked spitfire to fix all the damage of his past.
AC Squared Book Blog
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was so much fun to read! I really enjoy reading V-card books and I really like unexpected romances. Holly did such a great job writing this one! I completely devoured the whole book

Jo is such a strong willed girl, and I really admire her for making her choices! And Kevin was so different than I expected. There were a lot of things about this book that left you thinking and none of it was what was expected. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
ReadWithSteph
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy."
This was my first time reading a Holly Dodd book. Oh my goodness! whatever you do, get this book! This book was the definition of HOT!! I loved the dual POV's. Kevin could teach me his ways any day of the week! This book had me laughing and hot and bothered all in the first chapter. I was not ready for it to end! I cant wait to see what is next!
Jennifer Scarn
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

really enjoyable read. This is sweet, naughty indulgence. My first read by the author and tho I'm not sure I like the characters for the next book, I will be buying simply because I liked her writing in this one so much. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader version of this book without obligation
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/create series 2 17 Feb 14, 2017 09:36AM

• Only Forever (Only, #4)
  • More, Please (Please, #3)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Professor with Benefits (Blackwell After Dark #1)
  • You're Lion (Ridgeville, #2)
  • The Lying Game (Love Games, #1)
  • Now, Please (Please, #2)
  • Finally (Neighbor from Hell, #12)
  • The End Game (Love Games #2)
  • Love Won (Winning at Love #1)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • Mechanic with Benefits (Blackwell After Dark, #2)
  • First Love (Winning at Love #2)
  • Say You'll Be Mine (NOLA Heart, #1)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • Written on His Skin
  • Sexy Motherpucker (Bad Motherpuckers, #2)
  • The Substitute
Holly Dodd is an award-winning author. Her novel won the 2016 RWA Beacon award for unpublished romantic suspense. Her fans classify her stories as steamy and intense with a little bit of funny and a lot of emotion.

Fueled by chocolate and caffeine, her writing interests range from the contemporary anti-hero, to paranormal and futuristic. In her opinion, vampires will never go out of style. She love

Brewhouse (3 books)
  • Pin Me Down (Brewhouse, #2)
  • Kiss Me Now (Brewhouse, #3)