Start by marking “Below Deck” as Want to Read:
Below Deck

Below Deck

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  1,190 Ratings  ·  232 Reviews
Declan McGillis can't stand rich people. But working as a deckhand on a luxury charter yacht, he also can't escape them. Declan has spent years kissing their ass and doing their bidding...whatever it takes to make his dreams come true, and nothing will get in his way of being the captain of his own yacht one day.

Mackenzie Armstrong knows what people think when they look a
ebook
Published March 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Below Deck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Below Deck

Tara
Feb 05, 2017 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle
Apr 16, 2017 Danielle rated it really liked it

An asshole hero. A yacht. Sun. Open water. Sexual tension. Steamy times. Angst.

What more do you need?

For me: not much.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with this one. I've had a bad time of trying out new authors lately, and being that I'd never heard of this one, I wasn't hoping for much. Surprisingly I read this in like 4 straight hours. I've actually been in the deepest reading rut of my life, but this book seemed to check all the boxes for me.

I love the trope where the hero hates the her
Sabrina
Mar 05, 2017 Sabrina rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Kindle * Paperback

Below Deck gave me the biggest urge to head to the beach to enjoy the sand. What's surprising about that is the fact that I hate the beach. Tara Sivec did that good of a job at setting the scene for this book and made me feel like I was sitting on the deck of a yacht, waiting for Declan to come join me. Still waiting by the way...

I was a little scared about the rich-girl theme in this story but I surprisingly really enjoyed reading about Mackenzie. She was very down to
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I feel like going on a vacation right now. You know that sense of peace you feel just knowing you can relax and not worry about anything for a while? That’s what I felt when I was reading this book. I practically heard the waves lapping at each other, I tasted the flavorful food, I got drunk off the island rum, and the sand between my toes was the best relaxation that I ever got in my imaginary vision of being on an Island.

Declan McGillis can’t stand rich people. They’re highe
Denna✌
Mar 09, 2017 Denna✌ rated it really liked it
This book was pretty awesome! The h was great, I really loved her and when the hero was not being insecure and judging the h before he knew her, he was pretty great too. Now i know a lot of people don't like heroes that run, I wouldn't technically say he ran because I mean they are on a boat lol he has no where to go. Also each time he does it maybe hours before he realizes he fucked up not days or weeks. He has been hurt before and doesn't trust easy and he is also lied too by the h's step mom. ...more
Frankie Lovely
3 "beach read" stars
Full review maybe later?

FREE FOR KINDLE UNLIMITED

This was the perfect "beach read" book

It was cliché and predictable and everything I needed in a "I've read this same story a million times but its still enjoyable" sort of way.

The writing was good
The sex scenes were great
The characters were well developed but not really multifaceted or unique in any way
and ...
I basically knew the entire plot from the first line of the book.

It was romance comfort food. Something I didn't have t
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Declan is 32 years old. And he hasn't really achieved anything yet in his life. But he's working hard on it. He's been working on a luxury yacht for the last four years. His dream is to one day be the captain of his own yacht.

description

But for now he's working for rich idiots who rent this boat for 200k - for the week!
And this week's guests are the Armstrongs.
Dad with his new trophy wife and stepdaughter. And real daughter Mackenzie with her bestie Brooke.
Daddy Armstrong can't really affort to hire such a
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: March 5, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Tara Sivec is one of my favorite authors. She always seems to right fantastic novels with catchy stoylines and fun and witty characters. This is no different with Below Deck. With that, one of my favorite things about this novel is the setting. Here in New England where I live its slightly cold and rainy (today at least) and being able to take a journey to some tropical islands within this novels made the dreariness of today go away. This
Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~
Feb 14, 2017 Jessica~loves to hate a cliffy~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was lucky enough receive an ARC for an honest review, cause I'M ON TARA'S ARC REVIEW TEAM!!!! GO ME! It's ok, be jealous..I would be.

Mackenzie Armstrong knows what people think when t
TeriLyn
Feb 16, 2017 TeriLyn rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**Below Deck generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "If that was pretend...." Stars

Tara Sivec never ever fails to make you laugh with her romantic comedies. Below Deck stars two main characters a little lost in their lives. Both uber-focused on misguided goals hidden behind the walls built around their hearts. With Sivec's hilariously crafted plot, succinctly written words, and a beautiful Caribbean setting this rom-com story flies by leaving you satisfied.

They're on a boat! D
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Below Deck by Tara Sivec
Erotic Romance. Standalone.

Get ready to get wet! (boat pun).

I had no idea Below Deck by Tara Sivec was going to be such a hot little vacation in the Virgin Islands! I knew she was writing a romance on a luxury yacht after watching the reality show Below Deck, but I had no idea it might be her hottest novel yet!

I read Below Deck this past weekend. If I wasn't out so much it would have been a one sitting read. It was a very hot, indulgent, fun weekend escape.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
DiDi's review:

Declan Mc Gillis has been working on charter yachts for several years, his ultimate goal is to become a Captain and run his own yacht. To achieve his goal he has focused on learning as much as he can from his current Captain and not being a big partier. Over the years he has developed an aversion to rich people because of the way they treat the crew on their trips. So when Declan learns about the next set of passengers, who are going on a 10 cruise for $200,000, he automat
Beth
Mar 04, 2017 Beth rated it it was amazing
4.5 Sail Away Stars

Who wants to go on a sail away vacation on a yacht with crew of sexy guys?

Take me with you! I want to sail away with the guys of Below Deck.

Declan has a great job. He works on a luxury yacht and has aspirations of being the captain of his own boat. His life consists of making sure other people have a great time. His goals keep him warm at night because he knows the fastest way to sink his dreams is to get tangled up with a guest. No matter how good they look in a bathing suit
Kelli Spear
Feb 10, 2017 Kelli Spear rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my rating or feelings.*

Tara Sivec never disappoints, and she has yet again written a fun, sexy romance that everyone will love!

More than anything else, Below Deck made me want to take a yacht trip or a cruise. I mean, I've been on several cruises and this brought back so many good memories... I digress.

Declan is a Boson. I had no clue what the fuck that was until I read this book, so thanks, Tara, for gi
3.5/5 stars

Below Deck is a standalone adult contemporary romance. The narrators are Declan and Mackenzie.

Declan is 32 years old and works on a luxury yacht. He is in charge of the deckhands and everything to do with the exterior of the boat.

MacKenzie is late 20s. Her father is very wealthy. He has chartered the yacht Declan work's on. On the yacht the guests are Mackenzie's dad, his new wife and her daughter, Mackenzie and Mackenzie's best friend Brooke.

I have not read any contemporary romances
Kim
Feb 22, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Declan McGillis usually has no trouble completing his Bosun duties aboard the yacht he works on and keeping things professional with the yacht guest. But Mackenzie Armstrong manages to catch his eye and draws him in. She is the daughter of a wealthy man who chartered the yacht to celebrate his new marriage. Mackenzie is stuck sailing with her new step-monster and evil step-sister along with her dad, but at least she has her bestie, Brooke, along for moral support.

Declan does not want distractio
Liz
Mar 12, 2017 Liz rated it it was amazing
description

What do you do when life fails to make you feel safe and never gives you oportunities that everyone around you seem to get without lifting a finger?
You become bitter. You begin to hate people who were born into richness. You can't tolerate the ones that only know to give orders.
You work and then you work harder. For a better life. For better chances. For a better you.
Declan McGillis is doing exactly this.
Without giving much of a chance to the rich ones to prove him wrong, he already seems to kn
Pam Nelson
3.5 Below Deck Stars

Ok so I liked this book but I didn’t love it and it’s hard for me to not have a 5 star book by Tara because I love all her work.

This was a good book I just didn’t connect well with Mackenzie, I wanted to see the strong female character she was but all we really got to see was her falling apart a lot and I can see that with everything she was dealing with.

I guess I just wanted more from her. And I like Declan hell just his name alone is yummy but he was a little wishy washy
Tangerine
Mar 11, 2017 Tangerine rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

I simply adored this book! I read it straight through with very little interruption. I don't, usually, read books with insta-love in them because it just doesn't work for me but this one, it worked! The characters were relateable and likable, and you could feel the connection. The storyline was simple with no over-the-top drama. It was the perfect light read.
Ginger Snaps
First let me say that I am a huge fan of author Tara Sivec's work. She could probably write a few sentences on a bar napkin and I would jump to read it.

This book is a standalone romance with an HEA. Declan's dream is to one day be captain of his own yacht. Currently he is working on one of the largest luxury yachts in a top position, awaiting the time to take his captain license. He learned the hard way not to mess with the crew when drunk and horny and now has to work with the stage 5 clinger
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
3.5 - 4.0 Review to follow ⚓

All hands on deck!!! Declan that is;)

Declan thinks Mackenzie is a spoiled princess. Mackenzie thinks Declan is the right person to take her mind off of all of her problems. There's no harm in having a vacation fling. That's all it is right?

Will Mackenzie tell Declan to walk the plank or is he going to end up being her life raft?

This sexy and sweet romance on the high seas was little predictable but a fast and fun read.
Julie
Mar 06, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders is never an easy task. For Mackenzie - the insurmountable worry she feels about the steady demise of her father’s fortune plagues her every thought. A new marriage to a much younger woman has resulted in a fleecing of their company funds. Mackenzie is determined to find a way to prove it was her step-monster that is siphoning funds. Until then, Mackenzie is stuck entertaining her father by taking a family vacation.

Determined to keep her head ab
Grace
Feb 18, 2017 Grace rated it really liked it

Can a wealth heiress and boat deckhand make it work beyond a fling?
This book explores that theme, with the light, fun flair that the author is known for.

This story kicks off with a crossroads for both main characters.
***Declan McGillis is one test away from becoming a certified Captain, able to run his own ship, so to speak. He is 100% career-focused. He's a hard worker who over the years, has seen his share of stuck-up travelers which have molded his perceptions of anyone with money.
Jo
Mar 11, 2017 Jo rated it liked it
It's a normal one of hers, no more crazy family members, not "holidays" series anymore. Back to the square one that, people met, misunderstood, someone only care their own n we r lonely whatever, whoever we are.

D n M, then B n B, father of M.... it's life, we sacrifice, we earn the trust, we r 'ass' because we r human, stupid n stubborn all the time.
Judy
Feb 26, 2017 Judy rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, arc-or-beta, sexy
I'm a huge fan of the show with the same name... and I honestly felt like I was watching an episode come to life on my Kindle!
Ms. Sivec paints the perfect picture, from a luxurious yacht, breakfast on the deck, to the beauty of the islands, all you're missing is a little umbrella in your drink!

Then there's the steam! This two characters have an insta-connection, and yes, dare I say, an insta-love. Together they are explosive, not just in the bedroom...er...did they ever make it to an actual bedr
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 26, 2017 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
I've not read anything by this author but that will have to change after reading this wonderful gem. This was a one sitting read for me. Once I started I just kept on reading.

The story is set on a yacht which I loved.

Declan McGillis is part of a crew on a charter yacht. Yes so close to his dream coming true- being captain of his own yacht. However to make his dream come true he must bide his time and put up with the rich people that he can't stand.

Mackenzie Armstrong is one of those rich peopl
Jeannine
4.5 'Stay with me' stars!

I really enjoyed Declan and Mackenzie's story! First, these two are smoking hot together. Fantastic chemistry and the build up to their first kiss, whew. Loved it. I like when a guy grabs your face and gets the job done. It's pretty hot.

I thought Mackenzie was a great character, she's very forgiving. Declan was great too, but boy did the guy have the worst case of the judgies. He thought he had Mackenzie all figured out as a spoiled princess and he was dead wrong. There
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Who's up for a little fun in the sun? Because that is what you will get with Below Deck.

Below Deck is a sweet, sexy, funny vacation fling - but it is also so much more.

Whilst yes it is all insta - that's to be expected on a 10 day yacht trip - but it didn't feel all rushed. Declan and Mackenzie's relationship is kind of Darcy/Elizabethish - except he is the prejudiced one and she is too proud to ask for help.

The lingering looks, the lustful thoughts - fanning mys
Rachel
Mar 05, 2017 Rachel rated it really liked it
Declan McGillis has spent the last four years working on high end yachts, catering to the needs of rich people. Currently, he is the bosun on the Helios, in charge of maintaining the ship while it’s at sea. In that time, he has formed some pretty negative impressions of the wealthy people who spend time on the ship. He is happy on the sea, and happier when clients aren’t snapping demands left and right, but he’ll put up with the demands in order to get a fat tip at the end of the trip. He also s ...more
Christina s
Feb 13, 2017 Christina s rated it it was amazing
5 nautical stars!
Provided with an ARC for an honest review.

The story takes place on a luxury yacht, where Declan is the boson (head deckhand, in charge of other deckhands).
Declan has a best friend Ben who is also a deckhand on the yacht, who has no desire to advance in his job. Declan has been solely focused on obtaining his captainship and managing his own yacht, where both guests and workers enjoy the same luxuries.
When the captain is briefing the crew about the upcoming family (the Armstr
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of
More about Tara Sivec...