Start by marking “Oko za oko (Oko za oko, #1)” as Want to Read:
Oko za oko (Oko za oko, #1)

Oko za oko (Burn for Burn #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  22,183 Ratings  ·  2,910 Reviews
Ostrov Jar není jen idylické místo na dovolenou, ale to vědí pouze ti, co na něm žijí. Kat, Mary a Lillia chodí na střední školu, ale to je asi to jediné, co mají společného… tedy kromě touhy pomstít se. Pomstít se těm, kteří je šikanovali, vysmívali se jim a udělali jim ze života peklo. Špatné věci se totiž stávají i hodným holkám.
KAT už má dost toho, jak ji její bývalá
Published February 2017 by CooBoo (first published September 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Oko za oko, please sign up.
Amelia Yes. I've read PLL too (which you can probably tell) and it's most of the same stuff. It's been a while since I've read this series, but I'm pretty…moreYes. I've read PLL too (which you can probably tell) and it's most of the same stuff. It's been a while since I've read this series, but I'm pretty sure it is pretty clean except for some drug use, smoking, cursing, and sexual situations. They never go into much detail with the sexual situations, but it can get a little mature with the drugs and partying part. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Amelia
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"This is Karma. I’m a bitch. Can you think of anyone who deserves a bitch slap?"
My phone buzzes again.
"If so, meet at Judy Blue Eyes, 2am. If not, sit back and enjoy the show."
*sheepishly hands over her "Get Out Of Jail Free" card*

Technically, I'm not supposed to like this book. There are no end to clichéd characters, there's not so much a love triangle as a love star or whatever shape there is with way too many pointy ends (my Geometry teacher would be so proud), because it seems like everyon
Lola
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of The Revenge Playbook

What would you do if someone you trusted, your friend or lover, humiliated, betrayed and hurt you?

description

Mary, Kat and Lillia want revenge. They don’t all know each other, but what the three of them are seeking will bring them closer to one another than they could ever think possible. At first it’s just a question of retribution, but they slowly start forming real and strong links that are not so easily breakable.

Boy did I have fun reading this. I could tell you all about the clichés and the soporific
karen
bitches get even

now, usually i am a little leery about reading books that it took two people to write. but this one didn't seem cobbled together the way Beautiful Creatures did. and i don't read a lot of realistic YA, but the guy at the s&s booth at ALA assured me i would like it. and i did. thank you, guy whose name i have forgotten. we had a very nice conversation and i am sorry i have forgotten your name and i thank you for pushing this book on me, even though i made a frowny face at the
Giselle
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own
Sorry Karma, we're taking things into our own hands! Kat, Mary, and Lillia are out for revenge. These three incredibly different girls - both in personality and social status - help each other right some wrongs. A great balance of friendship, drama, and intrigue; Burn for Burn is full of entertainment value, and high in sass!

The girls: We've got three convincing voices made up of three distinctive personalities. In a style that will appeal to fans of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, we swi
Ben Alderson
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I THINK THIS SERIES IS GOING TO BE ONE OF MY NEW FAVS!
Aj the Ravenous Reader
"I’m sick of waiting for karma. Karma can suck it!"

A novel about revenge! Three girls conspire to finally punish High School’s most popular, meanest kids. I definitely want! That was really refreshing and entertaining.

I couldn’t stop laughing, but definitely not at the sad fate of those who deserved it but on the way the three girls plan and execute their revenge. It’s just too funny. I applaud the authors for making me feel really sympathetic towards all of the characters because as much as
Natalie Monroe
My reaction to the sort-of-cliffhanger ending:

Yup. Burn For Burn is that good.

It's told from the POVs of three different girls, Lillia, Kat, and Mary, who meet by chance in a bathroom during the lowest points of their lives. Together, they plot to take down the people who have hurt them.

Mean Girls style.

You can always, always tell who's narrating because their voices are so distinctive. Unlike a certain dystopian, who only had two POVs, one of which was a different gender, and they couldn't get
Maggie
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
-Confucius

"Oh, here go hell come."
-Calvin Tran

I love revenge stories. Whether it's Edmond Dantes in Count of Monte Cristo or Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill, there's just something about characters who say, No. Not anymore. Not again.

In Burn for Burn, we meet three characters -- a princess, a basket case, a brain. The chapters alternate between their points of view as we discover how they end up on a collision course of revenge. The book op
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Omg guys, this book was so damn incredible !. I was holding my breath all the way, I'm in shock right now.

5/5 Stars!!

“It took a long time for me to get better, but I did. I got better. But suddenly it's like the last four years never happened, and I'm feeling all the same terrible feelings about myself that I did back then.”

description

Burn for Burn is a book that grabs you from the first moment, I've fetl immediately hoked, I didn't have problems with the story, was soooo good, since writing is super
Regan
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
3.5

Alright, this book was filled with every ridiculous high school stereotype ever, and is so unrealistic. However, I am hooked so I guess that really didn't matter.
Marie
Lindsey Rey
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[4.5 Stars]
This was so much fun! LOVED IT!
Emerald
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult

Overall Thoughts
All I gotta say it that this was such a fun and addictive series! Not to mention just totally off the charts with insanity. It really ended up going somewhere completely weird and unexpected but totally awesome. The second book was by far my favorite cause it had the most twist and turns. And everything leading up to it was just pure fun high school drama and who doesn't enjoy that? lol Real
ArmyGirls Read too
Now I'm pissed! Jenny Han was one of the best Contemporary, Realistic fiction writers ever! Why must she go and write Supernatural, fantasy fiction???? This is so upsetting because most fantasy-fic writers, do not really write good books. so if she writes a crappy book and I read it, I won't remember her for the awesome We'll Always Have Summer but for the crappy job she did with a fantasy book. Ugh. For some, you might think this is stupid of me and petty. It most definitely is. Guess I will fi ...more
Krissysch
3.5 Sterne
Der Schreibstil ist wirklich super und das Buch liest sich toll. Allerdings haben mich die 3 Mädels gerade zu Beginn ganz schön genervt, da sie teilweise echt oberflächlich handeln. Auch die Spannung entwickelt sich nur langsam, das hätte eindeutig mehr sein können..
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Re-read June 2018 - I listened to the story this time around, and I loved it so much. The characters have such unique voices, and the tension really builds throughout. It was lower paced than I remembered, but I'm pleased that it had so much re-reading power. The characters have a completely new context after finishing the series once before!

Review: http://heartfullofbooks.com/2014/06/0...
Kassidy
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Loved it!
This is such a fun story, and so easy to read.
It's super fast-paced and I had such a hard time putting it down. I loved all of the characters, they each have their own personalities and I love how they all interacted.
The plot is so interesting, even though it's a little predictable. I can't wait to read the next book!
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Book was first read in November of 2012. My thoughts thoughts then: THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I don't have one single complaint.
Rating: 5 stars

Book was re-read in August of 2015. My thoughts now: Just as good as the first time, if not better. I am totally hooked on this story and I am going to jump straight into the second book.
Rating: still 5 stars

Anna *no longer in use*

3 1/2

“This is Karma. I’m a bitch.
Can you think of anyone who deserves a bitch slap?”

Book Two: Fire with Fire - 4,5 Stars
Book Three: Ashes to Ashes- 2 Stars

This is a story of three different girls coming together. Three allies that are craving revenge. Set in high school.

description

The story itself isn't hard to follow. As I said there are three girls.

Mary has been gone for a while. She returned to Jar Island,went to it's high school because of something that happened in her past. A person she thought nea
Karin Falkner
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-home-library
Eine tolle Geschichte, wenn man sich nicht an zickigen Mädchen und viel zu sehr von sich selbst überzeugten Jungs stört ! 😉 Mir hat es super gut gefallen, und ich mache ich mich gleich über Band 2 her.
Susane Colasanti
Burn for Burn is such an exciting read. Lillia, Kat and Mary tell this riveting story in three distinct voices that will keep you up late reading. I can't wait to see what happens next in this hot trilogy!
Leslie
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay let me just say that this book is perfect to read if you're in a reading slump!
It's so fun and such a fast read!
It's a bit cliche but it's also really fun!
Maria Angelica
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tenho, lido-2016
3.5
Gostei muito desse livro. Ele fica meio louco e ridículo no final, com a parte paranormal e (view spoiler), mas em geral eu me diverti horrores com as estupidezes dessas três.
Definitivamente a minha favorita é a Kat, apesar de ser a mais precipitada. Eu gosto da Lilia e acho que ela foi a melhor desenvolvida das três nesse livro. O elo mais fraco é a Mary, o que é irônico considerando o que acontece no final.
Outra grande reclamaçã
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Buddy read with my wonderful friend, Maria

Welp. That wasn't what I expected. In many ways I think I've been putting this one off because I knew it wasn't going to be what I wanted. It's not that it didn't have it's exceptional moments where I found some immense enjoyment out of the three girls' bonding experiences or the revenge they were seeking on the individuals who treated them badly. But, at the risk of sounding hoity toity, it all just came across so....juvenile.

So many people liked this b
shady boots | #20gayteen
This review is also available over at my blog.

_____________________

Actual rating is 4.5 stars.

I cannot even tell you how excited I was to read this book. The beautiful cover and the badass blurb was way too hard to resist. I can safely say that this book didn't disappoint me at all. I ended up reading it so fast because it just pulled me in that much. But I have to take away half a star due to a tiny little detail that I'll explain later in this review.

So the book is told from the POVs of Mary,
Aneta Bak
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“This is Karma. I'm a bitch. Can you think of anyone who deserves a bitch slap?"

Three girls, all seeking revenge on people who wronged them. The only way they can truly achieve the best revenge is if they work together. When the bad girl, the cheerleader and the new girl come together, all hell breaks loose as they seek their revenge.

Burn for Burn is a lovely quick read. The characters will touch your hearts and the plot line will have you falling off your chair.

I honestly don't know which cha
Marketa
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Psaní Jenny Han mě baví. Je to takový ten styl psaní, kdy o ději v knize přemýšlíte i v práci nebo ve škole, protože chcete číst dál. Vedle slaďoučkého Všem klukům je tahle kniha trochu "drsnější", ale i tak to byla skvělá oddechovka.
Knížka byla fajn, pokud máte rádi film "John Tucker musí zemřít", tak přečtení vřele doporučuju. :)

Jen ke konci to začlo být trochu divný. Ale jsem zvědavá na další díly.
Mel
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd say 4.5 stars, just because it did have a lot of flaws, but I really really enjoyed this book.

I read the entire thing in under 24 hours, and loved every second. I was thoroughly immersed in the writing, the characters, the setting, and the revenge story. I haven't read a book this quickly in a long time and it was a ton of fun.

I really only had 2 little qualms about it. I did not like the weird Carrie-like twist at the end. It makes me worry about the next 2 books and whether they will hold
Jasprit
Being a huge fan of Jenny Han’s books, when I first heard about Burn for Burn, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. Also Siobhan Vivian was an author whose books I had been promising myself to getting around to for ages. So I knew picking up this book would be a win-win situation!

Burn for Burn focuses on three girls, Kat, Mary and Lillia forced to work together on one common goal; revenge. You know the saying revenge is a dish best served cold? Well this saying totally applied here. The three
  • The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life
  • Anything But Ordinary
  • Live Through This
  • 34 Pieces of You
  • Precious Blood (The Blessed, #1)
  • Purity
  • 52 Reasons to Hate My Father
  • Lucid
  • Ten
  • Over You
  • Don't You Wish
  • Belles (Belles, #1)
  • Blind Spot
  • Mothership (Ever-Expanding Universe, #1)
  • The Innocents (The Innocents, #1)
  • Take a Bow
  • Glimmer
  • The Waiting Sky

Burn for Burn (3 books)
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“This is Karma. I’m a bitch. Can you think of anyone who deserves a bitch slap? - Kat” 42 likes
“It's funny. I don't think boys even know how to hold a grudge.” 17 likes