Start by marking “Second Chance (A Military Secret Baby Romance)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (A Military Secret Baby Romance)

Second Chance (A Military Secret Baby Romance)

Lauren and Chase are childhood sweethearts, having been together since they were just thirteen years old. Now, Chase is a major football star and Lauren is about to graduate from college. But Chase isn’t certain he is on the right path; he had long felt the need to join the military to serve his country, just as his brother had.

And it is one fateful phone call that change
Kindle Edition
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

♡Tonya♡
Talk about an angsty read....my eyes kept springing leaks. If you want an emotional, angsty story, then here it is. Unfortunately, it was just too emotional for me.

First and foremost, I have to say that at different times throughout the book, I wanted to knock the H/h's head together. The making life altering decisions that impacted the others life, without discussing it first, was uncalled for.

Chase had great hero moments. Did he make some bad choices? Absolutely. Did he make them after a hor
D
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Linh
So refreshing when you read a second chance book and the Hero isn't a manwhore during separation. (view spoiler)*swoons*
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Lauren): 22yrs old/26yrs old
Hero (Chase): 22yrs old/26yrs old
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: yes
Cheating: none – both were celibate during separation
HEA: yes with baby
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Line: “And now you’ve done with your soul-searching quest and you’re back home, you expect me to drop my life and run into your arms again? How is that fair? How is that right? You have no idea what I’ve been through. You have no
Kiki
I really REALLY hated the hero. I automatically forgiven the heroine for hiding the pregnancy. I mean he doesn't want her for herself, I'm not gonna hold her responsible for cutting all ties and in process not telling him about the pregnancy. He didn't deserve to know. Throughout their whole relationship, she only gave, he only took. He enlisted in army without thinking about her without considering her feelings, deciding for herself to leave her behind because he thought she'd do exactly what h ...more
Taylor Freeman
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Paige Whitecotton
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG

That was amazing. What well written book. The author did an amazing job making you feel exactly what the characters were feeling. I have cried my eye out, smiled, laughed, blushed, hated, and loved with them. Chase made big life changing mistakes that left Lauren and himself lost and heartbroken. How do you fix that.....they figured it out together thank goodness. Loved this book it's a MUST READ!!!!!!
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just loved this!!!

I swear there was so much angst!!

Chase ♡ Hot Hot Hot. I loved him. I really did feel for him all the way through. He just needed to do what he thought was best.

Lauren.. My heart broke for her. I did want to tit punch her more than a few time just to tell her to snap the hell out of it!!

I had tears at the beginning. Lots of swooning and some parts I was like FFS xx
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chase and Lauren will touch your hearts and have you cheering them on through all of the traumatic drama they had to overcome. The story is captivating and draws you in right from the beginning. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Ashley Kowalski
Feb 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Don't just Don't

Don't write a military novel if you know NOTHING about the military! it was just a very poorly written book just very repetitive and you just cant relate to either main character they where both selfish people and had like no personally!
Carol
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book They had the perfect relationship of nine years, then it was shattered , then he expected to walk back in. Not so easy I cried through the book as it tore at my emotions.
Fatmata Sankoh
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read. Loved it.
TheCoolestRITA
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
HOLY MOTHER OF CONSTANT ERRORS!

Seriously? This book was not well written at all. The story line was interesting but when I started seeing error after error after error, I became increasingly frustrated.

At one point, even the name of one of the main characters ... was spelled incorrectly 😳! Wow.

Will not read any more works from this author. Sorry. There are too many other authors out here to waste time with ones that don't have thorough spell/grammar checks performed before publishing.
Tiffany Copple
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I creid and cried , and just when I though I couldn't cry anymore I cried . This book took me on an emotional journey . Poor Chase was really going thru a lot while Lauren was soon faced with a difficult choice that would change her life forever. I loved every page of this book . I felt it pull at my heart strings . it was an awesome and emotional story .
Shasta Hope
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I accidentally ran into this book. And let me just say that I was more than happy to have found it. This is the first book I have read by this author and I was surprised and excited. This love story is for the record books.

Lauren & Chase, Chase & Lauren. Thats what life was about. If you seen one, you were bound to see the other. From early adolescent these two were inseparable. They both knew from a very young age that they were just simply meant for each other. When one wanted to chase
Cathy
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5

This book had potential but I found both characters so immature. He was just so selfish! And so was she! I had a problem with how she wrote about military life and Camp Pendleton is not in the vicinity of Los Angeles. It's 1.5-2 hours away. His football career was just briefly mentioned. He could've been a plumber before enlisting. It felt insignificant. It was meh for me.
Vicki
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a emotional and enjoyable book.

Chase and Lauren had met when they 13 and had been together for 9 years. Lauren was graduating from college and Chase had been recruited to play in the NFL. They were soulmates. Then it all fell apart. It was written in 1st person one chapter Lauren the next chapter Chase. I really like this story and got caught up with the characters that at time I found myself crying for Chase or Lauren.
Carol
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance

Lauren and Chase had been together since they were 13, he promised her forever, until sometimes bad things happen, life events, unforeseen happen, broken hearts. Lauren feels like her heart has been torn apart, will never heal, she is angry at a Chase. Chase now realizing he has made the worst decision of his life, but no way to contact her, but determined one day he will get her back. Will they be able to mend to broken hearts and forgive, trust again? Beautiful story❤!
Debbie DiFiore
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very good short story

I really liked the premise of this book. I liked that they had stayed true to each other for four years. I usually hate long separations but this one worked. The h almost moved on and I was a little nervous about that but in the end she still loved Chase. I understood her anger and why she did what she did but I also loved Chase. He was a good man. He never even thought of moving on. It was always Lauren. I loved that.
Leanne Bryson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
** I am voluntarily reviewing an Advanced Reader Copy of this book**
I liked this short book. Cole isn't sure of the direction his life is going, but finds out too late he only wants that life with Lauren. She feels betrayed and abandoned, so cuts herself off from him, his family, and mutual friends. What happens when he comes home to claim her is a solid, fast, interesting read. Free with KU subscription. Nella Tyler has done it again.
Kerry Richardson
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This book finished at 19%. It was ok, I liked the story well enough, even the characters, but they did annoy me a bit. There were quite a lot of grammatical errors and mistakes too which I hate.
Cheryl
rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Billionaire Baby Daddy: A Second Chance Romance
  • Under The Cypress Tree (Love in Belle Pont #1)
  • Forgiving History (Freehope #1)
  • Adrian (The Billionaire's Secret Baby)
  • The First One (The One #2)
  • Betting the Bad Boy (Destiny, #2)
  • Broke, a Secret Baby Romance
  • The Baby Bombshell (Shadow Creek Montana #2)
  • The Wedding Secret (Forever Love #3)
  • The Bad Boy's Baby (Hope Springs, #3)
  • The Bad Boy's Pregnant Bride
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Love Rekindled (Love Surfaced, #2)
  • The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend #1)
  • Rough Terrain (Vista Falls #1)
  • A Secret to Keep
  • Wicked Love (Wicked White #3)
  • At the Risk of Forgetting