Start by marking “Chaos and Control” as Want to Read:
Chaos and Control

Chaos and Control

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
When Wren Hart returns to her sleepy little Midwest town after years on the road, she finds the last thing she’d ever expect—a reason to stay. And that reason has a hard body, a knowledge of vinyl, and a crooked smile that sends her reeling.

Preston is a gorgeous, mysterious man, whose life is ruled by routine and order. Yet somehow, he finds Wren and her wild ways captivat
ebook
Published December 11th 2017 by Entangled Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Chaos and Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos and Control

Dianne
Sometimes the place we run from is the only place we can run to when life is overwhelming. Sometimes a person finds just what they need when they least expect it.

CHAOS AND CONTROL by Season Vining is a story of a young woman coming back to the town she ran from to gain control over her life. Now Wren is back, because the chaos of an abusive relationship has sent her running to the one place she thought she couldn’t be found, the last place she wanted to go. When Wren walked into her sister’s sho
Kate's Corner
This just didn't work for me. Here comes the good and the bad.

The Good.

- Preston with his OCD was endearing.
- Wren accepting Preston's condition.
- Wren's character development.
- The story of coming home and realizing that it's not all that bad.
- Loved Preston's poetry.
- Preston dealing with his OCD and making progress.

The Bad.

- Wren's need for honesty. Don't sit in a glass house and throw stones.
- When it comes to her sister she is selfish, self-absorbed.
- She didn't like Crowley yet she cam
Wit & Wonder Books
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Chaos and Control, the title really says it all. Season Vining’s latest is all about the perfect balance of both.

Wren is a wild one. She has spent the last few years on the road, but now she is home. She doesn’t have plans to stay in one place, but that changes when she meets Preston. He is the calm and order to her whirlwind of chaos. They shouldn’t work yet they do. But Wren’s past is closing in and it could end in disaster for them both.

Wre
Kay
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite reads from Season Vining! Wren and Preston were the perfect couple in this book. Wren's craziness really complimented Preston's personalty. I loved Bennie and how she accepted Wren with all her faults and was willing to help her though anything even after not seeing her for years. This book had a perfect balance of ups and downs as well as keeping you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

Preston and Wren - two truly adoring characters. If a book was ever out to prove that opposites attract then it was this one. These two characters could not have been any more different and yet more perfect for each other.

I adored the way that Wren wormed herself into Preston's ordered life. She never judged, only wondered and I thought this was a remarkable trait. Also, I would have never guessed that a lead like Preston could be so endearing. He was remarkable in so many ways.

Still, I am not
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Reverend Hart's daughter was back, but Wren Hart didn't intend to stay. She was hoping to find a place to hide and seek solace in her sister, Bennie's place. But what or who greeted her was a pleasant surprise. Could mild-mannered, obsessive-compulsive gorgeous Preston be the reason she'd finally remain in Crowley?

I fell in love with Preston, the OCD guy who always counted in even numbers and repeatedly arranged his things until his nerves settled. He lives by routine and he immediately gets fro
Bec_BookMagicReviews
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Wren Hart has spent the last three years on the road, but now she's returned home because of reasons that she's unwilling to burden on anyone. However, she never imagined she'd find a reason to stay, yet her sister's employee is tempting her with every moment they spend together. But with everything finally going so right in her life, Wren knows it's only a matter of time before her past catches up with her. Will she be able to handle the danger she knows is headed her way, or will Wren and Pres
Julie Foster
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.

Wow. Wow wow wow. I am almost speechless. This book is so good. I mean, SO GOOD. I'm finding it difficult to put all these beautiful emotions into words right now.

When I first heard the inspiration behind this story, I knew I HAD to read it. I fell in love with the cover the moment I saw it. The first chapter sealed the deal. My first smile led to so many more. My first tear was also followed by many more. The last words filled my heart.

All the feels. All the beautiful words. Everything abo
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

It has been a few years since I have read a Season Vining story, and it was great to get back into her world.

There were a lot of things I liked about Chaos and Control, like the way she dealt with Preston's issues, the way Wren accepted him as he was, the way Wren was the chaos to Preston's control. Wren's character development

However Wren - oy, that girl. She frustrated me no end. She was a spoilt 21 year old brat! After what she has been doing for the
Melanie
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story.
CaseyandAngel Quiles
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fell in love with this book.
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
I’ll admit that when I first opened Chaos and Control by Season Vining I was expecting a bit of light fluff. I wasn’t even sure about it when I was given the opportunity to review it. I’d pegged it as one of those books that may be fun to read, but that was about it.

Boy was I wrong! The book’s description in no way prepared me for Preston or the emotional impact of this author’s writing style.

Chaos and Control is largely a character study style story, it is written from the two points of view of
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
At 18, Wren left her small town behind in her search for adventure and to see this world. She opts to come back 3 years later after getting involved with the wrong guy. Preston works works at her sister's music store. He happens to grab her attention.
I really liked Preston and I thought he was portrayed very well (from his mannerisms to how he get through each day). Preston has OCD. What kept me reading was Preston. I liked his poetry at the end of each chapter (I think there was 1 that didn't
poppy
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved Preston and Wren these two could not be any more different from each other yet so right together.He is tightly wound and needs order and control whereas she will do things at the drop the hat.They were just great together and I really enjoyed their story and getting to know then you can't help but like and root for them.This is a super sweet read and I cannot wait to read more from this author in the future I would definitely recommend it.
Lauren loves llamas
I love the “opposites attract” trope, and this book was a fresh take on it. Wren is a flighty and free-spirited whirlwind, while Preston, who has OCD, is ruled by routine.

"Maybe we’re too different to be together— polar opposites attracted like magnets. He is an anchor to this place, weighing me down with his perfect words and praising lips. We want contradictory lives. I need change and adventure. He thrives on routine and order. He seems happy to make furniture, eat at the diner, and live out
Angel Hatfield
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wren returns to Crowley and she goes to her sister’s Bennie’s record store and goes to her sister. Bennie was the bright spot in Wren’s life. Wren throws herself into Bennie’s wren throws herself into Bennie’s arms. Wren had been gone for three years when Bennie asks Wren how long she would be there she answered she didn’t know why she just felt she should be there. The only communication between Bennie and Wren had been random postcards from Wren and Bennie had no way to get a hold of Wren.It w ...more
Robin (jason&robin)
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
I loved this book from start to finish. The chemistry is great! I loved the romance and suspense. I don't get much time to read anymore, but I found myself hiding under the covers every night after my husband went to bed so that I could keep reading this book. <3 Preston <3
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chaos and Control is the first book that I've read by the talented & original Season Vining, and I very much LOVED it! Wren Hart hated living in her sleepy little midwestern town, so as soon as she could, she bailed to travel. Now after years on the road, she's home again for a visit, but never thought she would find a reason to stay permanently. Her sister, Bennie, gave her job & apartment to a very gorgeous man, named Preston, who's life is filled with order & routine, while her's ...more
Melissa
WOW!!!
I am absolutely in LOVE with this book!!!
The characters are so loveable and interesting. I could simply not get enough of Wren and Preston.
Wren had always yearned to travel and experience life to the fullest. She left her small-town life behind after graduation and did not look back. Sending her sister Bennie the occasional postcard of cities she visited, Wren was happy going from one place to the next.
When Wren encounters some trouble along the way, she heads to the one place that's fami
Samantha Johnson
I loved this book so much. One of the best books I’ve ever read. Both characters were amazing and the author did an awesome job of describing both and I never lost the connection to either one. Definitely recommend!
Konny
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chaos and Control by Season Vinings is a standalone, full length romance novel.
Meet Wren Hart, shes a spontaneous woman and chaos follows her. She returns to her small home town after years on the road. And she finds a reason to stay in Preston. I cant say how much I love Prestons character. Yes he has flaws, many of them, but hes very very lovable. Preston is a mystery. Hes gorgeous and lives for his routine and order. Hes set in his ways and has OCD. He should stay far away from wild child Wre
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
First book ever I have read written by Season Vining and all I have to say is WOW! I am still on an emotional high from Chaos and Control. The title itself describes the leading characters perfectly. Wren was a wreck and trying to run away from her past and troubles. She is right there with family and there comes Preston like a train wreck. My heart melted for Preston. I was awed how Wren and Preston had nothing for common ground, yet they were perfect for each other.

Preston's words killed me an
Laurie Beemer
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
20 stars please!!!!- This book was simply a thing of beauty and magic. The words of their story brought me into the pages of this book, and I didn't want to get out. This was such an unexpected find, both the author and the story. I fell in absolute love with Preston and his ways of order, perfection, numbers, and his beautiful words. Wren was chaos and fly by the seat of your pants and just jump in kind of girl. But somehow opposites attract, and with that will there be happiness or will someon ...more
Missy Fern - BFD Book Blog
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet book about love, pain, and acceptance. Wren is recovering from an abusive relationship and Preston struggles with personal issues. Their imperfections bond and bind them.

I loved Wren’s acceptance of Preston’s challenges but I found her selfish at times like when it comes to her sister. This was a bit grating as was the repeated references to her ex.

Preston’s poetry. Awesome. I’ve never read a book with a character who faced the challenges he faced. He was so endearing and Wren was tenac
Liliana
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stelle, tutte per Preston!!!
Katie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

This is Season Vining’s best book yet. I felt like I was right there in Crowley with Wren, Preston, And Bennie. I could not put this book down. The love between Wren and Bennie reminded me of my relationship with my own sister. The electricity between Wren and Preston was amazing. I felt their magnetic pull. Read this book; you will not be disappointed.
Maria
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
This story gives a powerful and realistic picture of what it’s like to live with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and what’s great about it is that the author doesn’t forget along the narrative that our hero, a “pretty” and generous man called Preston, has this condition and struggles with it every moment.
Preston is indeed a great hero (not a great poet though) – caring, loving, noble – and we see his issues and constant anxiety i
Bette Hansen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Preston and Wren are simply perfectly imperfect together and their story is one of acceptance and unconditional love. She lives her life spontaneously , completely full of chaos. He needs full control to get through each day. They shouldn't work but somehow they do in a beautiful way. This story is wonderfully written and as the story unfolds and we get to know Preston and Wren,you can't help but feel you know them. Really know them. This book was an unexpected tre ...more
Christina Szczepan-santos
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I've been not so patiently waiting to get a new Season Vining book. ;-)
I really enjoyed Wren, Preston at times.....well I was annoyed. Which is a good thing.
I loved the push and pull. Always wondering hmmmm what's going to happen next.
I'm looking forward to see what Season brings us next.

Thanks to #entangledpublishing for providing me this copy.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Chaos and Control was a very well written book and I loved each character. Even though Wren kind of got on my nerves. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, just waiting to see how things are going to turn out. I look forward to reading more of Season's work.
« previous 1 3 next »
SEASON VINING is an author, a designer, a philanthropist, a bookworm, a cook, inked, and a night owl. She loves John Hughes films, tattooed boys, and celebrating anniversaries of her 29th birthday. She lives in Louisiana, and is the mom to the cutest girl in the world.

Season is a graphic designer by trade and adores all form of art. She's a fan of live music, vintage cars, and people who know the

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99