Start by marking “The A-Z of Everything” as Want to Read:
The A-Z of Everything

The A-Z of Everything

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  488 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
P is for Paris where it all began. J is for Jealousy where it all came undone. But the most important letter is F. F is for Forgiveness, the hardest of all.

Sisters Poppy and Rose used to be as close as two sisters could be, but it’s been over a decade since they last spoke. Until they both receive a call that tells them their mother has gone – without ever having the chanc
Published April 20th 2017 by HarperCollins

Karen Whittard
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley, Publishers and Debbie Johnson for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance reader copy of this book.

You can find my review on both Goodreads and Amazon. On goodreads.com/karenwhittard and on Amazon under k.e.whittard from publication date.

This is Debbie Johnson at her best. A must buy must read for all.

This is a beautiful book. One that will stay with me for a long time. It really is one that I feel everyone will love.

R
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A is for Andrea, who in her last few weeks on earth has created a A-Z of everything that she hopes will bring her two estranged daughters closer together, so that they can move on together as a family, and support each other in their grief.

L is for Lewis, who is Andrea's best friend and has helped put together the A to Z of everything for the girls. He doesn't appear much but from the small appearances he makes, it is clear he was a very kind man but also quite opinionated.

P is for Poppy the y
Suze Lavender
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea has two daughters, Rose and Poppy. They used to be best friends, but something awful happened and this heartbreaking event caused an irreparable rift between them. They haven't seen each other in years and don't even want to be in the same room for one minute. It breaks Andrea's heart that her daughters can't make amends. Andrea is an actress and now that she knows she's dying she uses her abilities for one last performance, she's going to bring her daughters back together. She leaves the ...more
Agi
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

This book is a big step away from Debbie Johnson's previous rom - coms. Already her "Comfort Food Cafe" series was a little different, more serious in tone but "The A - Z of Everything" is a totally different level. I admit, it took me some time to get used to the new Debbie Johnson, as I totally love her specific sense of dry humour and I missed it a little lately, but you know what, this book, it is just magnificent, and the way the author writes about feelings and emotions is just beautifully
Emily Dunn
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, it was funny and emotional throughout, often had tears in my eyes!! A story of 2 daughters as they deal with the loss of their mother which I couldn’t put down. Loved it.
Liz
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful book with an original plot and very different to other Debbie Johnson novels I've read. The opening chapters drew me into the story straight away but, to be honest, I thought the first half was pretty average. However, once the challenges began I didn't want to put it down. Andrea's humour shone through despite her situation as did her love for her daughters. I found it very sad and thought-provoking.......but heart-warming too!
Claire Mc Partlin
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well the minute this book started I felt myself welling up. The prologue starts with Andrea explaining that she only has a few weeks to live and how she plans on bringing her daughters Poppy and Rose who don't talk to each other any more, back together again. Makes you stop and think and appreciate every day because you never know what's around the next corner.

Andrea decides that even though she's not there any more she's going to get her girls back together again and sets them a series of tasks
Carole
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

J'étais vraiment curieuse de découvrir ce que se cachait derrière La vie de A à Z de Debbie Jonhson. Il faut dire que le titre amène le lecteur ou futur lecteur à se poser tout un ytas de question. Et puis avec une couverture aussi douce, l'histoire promet d'être comme son nom l'indique, une lecture feel good.

Dans La vie de A à Z, nous suivons Rose et Poppy, deux sœurs que le destin a séparé il y a plusieurs années. Pourtant, au décès inattendu de leur mè
Cheryl M-M
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
If my mother did this my sister and me, then I would conjure up her spirit to tell her what a fool she is. My sister and I would both find this process a complete waste of time, and one that would probably end with one or the other in jail. (Makes note not to buy this book for my mother)

I would however do this for my daughters if I felt they needed to reconnect and be there for each other after my death. Not that I would ever let things become so bad that I wasn’t speaking to my children on a re
Jo Barton
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When their mother dies, Poppy and Rose need to come together, not just to grieve the loss of the mother they both adored, but also to set aside differences which have seen the sisters estranged for the last ten or so years. Andrea has loved her daughters to the exclusion of everything else and this love is not lessened by her death, so in order to bring the sisters closer, Andrea, cleverly and rather poignantly, in the days before her death and with the help of her friend, Lewis, devised an A- Z ...more
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

This is a good book to listen to on audiobook - it's easy to follow, has its sweet/ poignant  moments, and some humorous parts too, to keep it from becoming too sombre.

Of course, the subject matter itself is quite emotional, but it's all written in a fairly light and entertaining way, though this doesn't mean that at times I didn't feel pretty sad reading it. It's mainly uplifting, though, and following the two quite different sisters as they try to come to te
Alba
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2017/05...

The A-Z of Everything is like nothing that Debbie Johnson has written until now. Her books are known for her humour and her love stories but this one is considerably more serious and love takes a whole new role. Does this mean that I didn't enjoy this story as much as her previous ones? In the contrary, I loved it even more.

The story is all about Andrea, who has just passed away, and her daughters. Poppy and Rose haven't talked to ea
Marie
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It might sound more like a title for a factual book but “The A-Z of Everything” is fiction at its finest. Debbie Johnson has come up with a stunner of a book which had me laughing and crying and never wanting it to end.

This is all about two sisters, Rose and Poppy, who have become estranged after a falling out. Their mother decides to take action from her deathbed in order to try and bring these two together again.

It’s not hard to find families these days where sisters, brothers, parents and kid
Lola Et La Vie
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I read this book because I liked the title and the cover. I have to admit I like judging a book by its cover. I know it’s shallow, but the book is anything but…

Andrea is dying. Her last wish is to bring her estranged daughters back into each other’s lives and she enlists the help of best pal Lewis to build A-Z of Everything to do exactly that. When she dies, she leaves letters, videos and all sorts for the women to work through.

It was definitely a different kind of book, at its centre the relati
Kate
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Bipasha
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeously funny and emotional.. Made me laugh and cry at the same time.
Jodie Downes
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly loved every second of reading this book. It was a fresh and different layout and worked really well. An easy read but with so many thought-provoking and life-changing moments that really made me stop, think and plan accordingly. Heartbreaking, funny, clever, witty. Recommend to your gal pal or sister and then hug each other tightly after!
Christine Rennie
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Coming from a family with 4 sisters I could relate to the idea that 2 sisters who were so close when younger, then fall out and don't speak for years until after their mother's death and she dreams up her idea for them to reconcile and change their lives. The A to Z of everything is a clever, sad, funny, poignant book that makes you laugh and makes you cry.
Highly recommended.
Erin
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly thank you to Harper Collins for the review copy of this title and for the opportunity to feature on the blog tour today! This is the third piece of work from Debbie that I've read and I can safely say that it is up to the usual standard - if not slightly over taking that high par!

The story is all about two sisters Poppy and Rose. The pair are estranged and in her death, their mother hopes that they will be able to overcome their differences and reunite. The story starts off with Andrea e
Saarah Niña
Sweet Joy of Sisterhood

Andrea is dying and she only has one regret: that she was never able to bring her daughters together. They still can't stand to be in the same room as one another ever since the most unfortunate incident. And now, their mother plans to have the last word. And so begins, the A-Z of Everything.

I have four sisters and at some point, they've each infuriated me and had me nearly tearing my hair out. I've kind of always been the odd one out, the trouble maker as my mom 'affect
Naomi
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a punch to the gut this was. Not to sound dreadfully cliché, but it really does leave you feeling incredibly grateful for those you still have in your life, and thoughtful over the what-if's regarding those who aren't. And I definitely won't be sweating the small stuff again! The story itself was fairly predictable, although still enjoyable, and it was one that I struggled to put down. Like the girls, I was interested to see what each letter would represent, and some of them were very ...more
Caitlin
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an electronic copy of this book for free from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. I have read a few of Debbie Johnson's books and I have always enjoyed them. This book was definitely a little different than her previous books. It was more serious in nature. I really enjoy both types of books so I was pleasantly surprised when I realized this book was going to be more serious than her other books. It was definitely a little sad but also very uplifting as it states in the title ...more
Julie
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the down-to-earth style of writing in this book. The story was a little on the average style at the beginning, but once it got onto the A-Z it was much more interesting and started to capture my attention. There was quite a lot of emotion written into the book and usually this would have me in floods of tears reading it, but for some reason, I felt a little detached from the characters and the tears stayed away. I thought the plot was relatively interesting, although I think Andrea's lac ...more
Sophie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite book I've read so far this year. I really enjoyed it. Some parts were emotional but it left me feeling uplifted. It makes you think about what's important in life.
Also, I loved that there was one chapter set in Dorset (where I live).
Vickie Richens
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, very different from her previous books but couldn't put it down, would definitely recommend
Emma Gallis
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this couldn't put it down! Wish I hadn't finished it so fast! Loved all the characters that Debbie came up with! Great chic lit!
Rosie Mann
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Loved this book, I found this book very uplifting and throughly enjoyed it.
Definitely worth buying, for any one who is wanting to try something different.
Angharad Dalton
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Does what you want for quick easy holiday read.
Janet Camilleri
I found it a bit slow to begin with but enjoyed it once the story really got going.
Tracee