Start by marking “The Blessing (The Amish Cooking Class #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blessing (The Amish Cooking Class #2)

The Blessing

(The Amish Cooking Class #2)

Published August 1st 2017 by Shiloh Run Press

Start your review of The Blessing (The Amish Cooking Class #2)
Deanne Patterson
The Blessing by Wanda Brunstetter is The second book in The Amish Cooking Class series . Spending time reading this book is like visiting with old friends as we revisit some of the characters from her first book in this series and catch up with their lives. We also meet a new cast of characters that Heidi open her Ohio home to as she teaches her 6 new students in a cooking class. There are 3 men and 3 women from all walks of life. They get to know each other and form friendships and just maybe a ...more
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
How to write a review without giving spoilers, when there is so much I want to say!? I will say that, if you don't know by now, Wanda Brunstetter is one of my absolute favorite Amish novelists. She never fails to hook me with her books and keep me entertained the entire way through. And, The Blessing, book 2 in her Amish Cooking Class series is no exception! I was hooked from the beginning and held captive til the very end. True talent!

The Blessing picks up where book 1, The Seekers, left off.
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Amish Cooking Class Series. OH my what a fabulous series. This is the kind of book you read in one sitting and are left wanting more. I loved going back to Heidi's house for cooking classes and life lessons. I loved the recipes that are at the end of the book. Heidi, wrote recipes out for the class and on the back of the recipe cards she wrote a Bible verse. I would love to take the cooking class with Heidi. She is one Amish lady I would love to be friends with.

I was sad for Heidi
Melissa Henderson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this sweet, heart warming story, a cooking class brings unique individuals together in unexpected ways. The author brings to life each character and their situation. Amazing how something as simple as getting together to learn to cook can create long lasting friendships and more. I enjoyed this story very much. I received a copy of this story from the author, Barbour Publishing and Net Galley and this is my personal honest opinion. I was under no obligation to post a review.
Cheryl
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heidi, an Amish woman, sees her adoption of an infant fall through and to keep herself busy decided to run another 6 session cooking class. Six people sign up for the class from very different lifestyles. Recipes, friendships and romance develope as the class continues. A nice story that made you think. Recipes are at the end of the book.
Dawn
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story continues with Heidi and Lyle along with some new characters and a delightful story line. Kendra a character from the first book is given an opportunity that eventually affects both Heidi and Lyle. Can't give details it will ruin the story.
In this book we meet Bill whom is razzed by his friends about his cooking during their annual camping trip.
Nicole, a high school student who is struggling since her mother left and was an alcoholic.
Allie, a mother of 2 and husband who is a cop.
Lisa,
Marilyn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Blessing will draw readers in with the variety of students in Heidi Troyer’s current Amish Cooking class. Each one has their own issues to deal with and reluctant initially to share openly with one another. The characters are well developed and how their own struggles in life will play out kept the pages turning. Plus, Heidi struggles with wanting a child of her own with her and Lyle being married for 9 years. Realistic events transpired with each student and connection to Heidi’s previous ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Blessing ( The Amish Cooking Class - #2 )
By; Wanda E. Brunstetter
The Blessing is book two in The Amish Cooking Class Series By Wanda Brunstetter. I have enjoyed these first two books in the series. The author draws you into the story right away. Heidi and Lyle are opening their homes up to another round of Heidi’s cooking classes. They think that they will be good for Heidi. She is wanting a baby so bad. Six more new students and all are taking the classes for different reasons.. Heidi’s
Carole Jarvis
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at The Power of Words: http://bit.ly/2xmYYU2

In the Amish fiction genre, Wanda E. Brunstetter is a solid, dependable writer; I know what to expect and am never disappointed. Her characters are relatable and have depth, it’s easy to get caught up in the storyline, and spiritual themes are gently woven throughout, in a way that comforts and even makes me think.

The Blessing, continuing the Amish Cooking Class series that began with The Seekers, is about family and relationships. While there
JoAnn
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very well written Christian book. The Blessing has a great plot and well thought out characters. I love this author's writing.

I received an ARC via Netgalley this is my unbiased review
Fizzy
Back with Heidi and Lyle as she gears up for a new cooking class, they revisit (sometimes ever so briefly by letter) with the previous students and we meet an entire new group of students. Might as well meet them right? Allie is the wife of a cop with two young children. Honestly? She annoyed me a bit. Lisa, a caterer, is interesting and I'd like to know more about her. Todd, the restaurant critic, is about as arrogant and self-important as you can imagine he is. Bill, the head janitor confuses ...more
Cheryl Baranski
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Blessing is book two in the Amish Cooking Class series by Wanda E. Brunstetter. I so love this series. It is packed with faith, hope, heartache, and longing. This story will tug at your heartstrings. If you love Amish fiction then make sure you get a copy of The Blessing. It is a must read book. I received a complimentary copy of this book. This review is my honest opinion 4.5 stars!
Susan
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read several Amish fiction books; the first (and most memorable) being a few of Beverly Lewis' early series. I've kind of taken a break from them lately, but I was initially drawn to Amish Cooking Class: The Blessing by its cover. The woman pictured really looked like she could be Amish to me. It seems that often the "Amish" person pictured on such covers resembles Barbie more than a member of the "plain" faith.

I'm glad I did request this book to review. It was enjoyable. The main character
Kathleen E.
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Amish Cooking Class - The Blessing by Wanda E. Brunstetter, 2017
The Amish Cooking Class series, Book 2

Releases August 1, 2017
This is the second book in The Amish Cooking Class series. Book #1: The Amish Cooking Class - The Seekers

My Review:

In Book 1 of this series, there were five students in Heidi Troyer's first cooking class ~ this story almost had five students too ~ until the Troyers' mailman gets a whiff of Heidi's cooking as she opens the door for a package too big
Kristina
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Blessing by Wanda Brunstetter is the second Amish Cooking Class novel. Heidi Troyer is married to Lyle, an auctioneer, and they are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Kendra’s baby. Kendra is living with the couple (after her father threw her out when he discovered she was pregnant), and she has agreed to let Heidi and Lyle adopt her baby. When things do not go as planned, Lyle suggests Heidi hold another cooking class (keep her busy). Six people join Heidi in her home and each of them have a ...more
Jalynn Patterson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Return to the Troyer farm where, despite stressful changes occurring in their lives, Joel and Heidi once again open their Ohio home up to those seeking to learn about Amish cooking. This time a teenager helping her divorced dad cook for the family, a caterer needing new recipes, a food critic, a hunter looking to impress his buddies, a wife given the class as an unwanted gift, and a mailman lured in by the aroma of good cooking gather around Heidi's table. More than good food is
Joy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This new treasure by Wanda Brunstetter is a real gem. Better than the last one in the series.

Heidi is up doing another cooking class after another heartbreak. And, like the first novel, we get to meet multiple new characters each facing a problem. Todd, a food critic who is a married to his work; Lisa, a single woman with a struggling catering business; Nicole, a teenager forced to grow up too fast to replace her mother in her
Shirley Chapel
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sandra Maynard, Marilyn Ridgeway
Shelves: amish-fiction
The Blessings. Book two of Wanda Brunstetters Amish Cooking Class series.
I found this book to be warm and inviting. I loved the smooth flow of the story. Wanda has a way of taking the ordinary events that happen in the day to day lives of her characters,and turning them into interesting things to read about. She drew me into Heidi Troyer's kitchen with the rest of the students, as the cooking classes began.
At the start of the book Heidi get disappointing news. Saddened for a while she decides
RebekahAshleigh
“The Blessing” is book 2 in Wanda Brunstetter’s The Amish Cooking Class series. I enjoyed book 1 a bit more than this one, but I still did like “The Blessing”. Some of the characters responses to things and the things they said didn’t always seem realistic. I did enjoy getting to know all the characters. It was fun getting to see Heidi Troyer, the Amish woman who runs the cooking classes, again in this book. It was also fun getting to meet the new cooking class members. This book had eight ...more
Katherine Bartlett
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heidi is teaching another cooking class and I couldn't wait to see what she would get up to! Like in the first book in the series, Heidi has Englisher students come to her home for Amish cooking classes. And again, each student has a set of problems they are working through. I really love how you can see one person could affect another, even with something little. And how even the little things we do for others could make such a huge difference.

I already ordered the third book in the series and
Connie Carpenter
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Brunstetter was one of the first Christian Authors I found - and she has NEVER let me down. This book is just as amazing as all the rest. The Blessing by Wanda Brunstetter is the second Amish Cooking Class novel. Heidi and her husband Lyle open their home to allow an Amish cooking class. The people that come all have different stories. But it is clear they are all there for a reason. Heidi will teach them Amish dishes and share some of God’s wisdom with them through Bible verses.
As usual, I
NaDell
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great characters who really come to life throughout the book as they attend cooking classes with Heidi in her Amish home and learn more about both cooking and the Amish culture and apply scriptures Heidi shares with them on the recipe cards to their own lives and change their lives for the better (or do they?! I hate spoilers!)
Books by Wanda Brunsetter are always uplifting and clean and entertaining, without being crude, inappropriate, or shying away from sharing scriptures. They are some of my
Jennie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a series about an Amish woman who teaches cooking classes. In the class were six students from all walks of life. Students from the first class are also in this book. I especially liked Allie who was given the class as a gift. Her husband is a police officer who she suspects is having an affair. Heidi and her husband have decided to become foster parents and I can see the next book including the new children. Good easy reading.
Melissa
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
really loved this story you'll read about new characters and some old ones! I love how Wanda put this series together so far..love the cooking classes idea. love the cover of the book fits the story good.. for I love all Wanda book but this series and her the half stitched series r my favorite from her. wanda books keep getting better and better..outstanding book. hope you get your copy August 1!!!
Lucy
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the Amish Cooking Class series and it is like putting on your favorite bath robe to revisit characters from The Seekers. Heidi is teaching a new class of six unique people from diverse backgrounds, each with different difficulties they are dealing with. Heidi's scripture verses that she shares on the back of her recipe cards will affect each character. Nicole is my favorite character from the new class and the burdens she carries from choices her mother makes are heart ...more
Janice
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the kindle

This is the 2nd book in this series

A good read liked the way it goes from one of the people who is taking the cooking class
You also have people from the 1st book mention or a bit intertwined
Looking forward to reading the 3rd book in this series
Sheila Samuelson (BookAddict29) on youtube
Another great book in this series by Wanda!! Loved the mixture of characters in this book and just like Books 1 and 3 in this series it ended with a happy ending for all the character mentioned in this book and series!!!
Zac Weikal
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Buy, Borrow, Skip I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. If you read my review of The Seekers, book 1 in Wanda E. Brunstetter’s Amish Cooking Class series, then you know I wasn’t exactly excited about this series when I first heard about it. You will also know that I totally changed my mind while reading The Seekers .

Well, after being excited for the next book
Rhonda
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's a reason why Wanda Brunstetter is one of my all-time favorite Amish authors and this book is once again a favorite book. Heidi continues to teach her cooking class as a way to heal herself, after her husband suggests it might give her peace. The class helps the participants as much as it helps her.
I give this book a rating of 5 stars and highly recommend it to readers. This book would be appropriate for teen readers as well as adults as it is a clean, refreshing book.
I received a copy
Rita
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series "The Amish Cooking Class". This was another great story about Heidi and her students in her cooking class. Will be reading the next book in the series also.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• An Amish Christmas Love
  • Gathering the Threads
  • A Place at Our Table (Amish Homestead #1)
  • The Proving
  • The Tinderbox
  • A Plain Leaving (The Sisters of Lancaster County #1)
  • His Guilt (The Amish of Hart County #2)
  • Home All Along (Amish Secrets #3)
  • The Return (Amish Beginnings #3)
  • Room on the Porch Swing (Amish Homestead #2)
  • The Beloved Hope Chest (Amish Heirloom, #4)
  • The First Love
  • An Amish Summer
  • The Promise of a Letter (Amish Letter #2)
  • The Road Home
  • Abiding Mercy (Amish Mercies, #1)
  • An Amish Heirloom
  • A Courtship on Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #8)
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written close to 90 books translated in four languages. With over 10 million copies sold, Wanda's stories consistently earn spots on the nations most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.

Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith,

The Amish Cooking Class (3 books)
  • The Seekers (Amish Cooking Class, #1)
  • The Celebration (Amish Cooking Class #3)