Start by marking “I Love You More Than Pierogi (World of Love)” as Want to Read:
I Love You More Than Pierogi (World of Love)

I Love You More Than Pierogi (World of Love)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Marek and Adrian dated in high school, but a bitter breakup led them to choose different paths. Adrian is out and proud while Marek is in the closet. Adrian embraces his eccentricity while Marek clings to a conservative image. And while Marek worked hard to build a successful life and financial stability by climbing the corporate ladder, Adrian threw caution to the wind an ...more
Published January 4th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about I Love You More Than Pierogi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You More Than Pierogi

Judith
4.5 Stars.

I loved this!! A definite change from the gritty,dark books these girls write.A story of second chance love for Marek and Adrian-two men who couldn't be more different.

Marek is very uptight,firmly stuck in the closest.His main focus is his work at an Advertising Agency.He's all about how he appears to others,not wanting to let his defences down.He tries to ignore homophobic slurs from his boss and co-workers,desperately seeking promotion.....but his life is about to be turned upside do
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Disclaimer: This book was a huge nostalgia trip for me. Warsaw is my home town. I was 10 when we moved to the States, and I also lived in Poland as an adult, never mind the many trips I've taken to visit friends and family.

I am fluent in the immigrant experience and could relate to Marek, who moved from a small town to a big city feeling like he had everything to prove.

Poles are not known for being lighthearted and whimsical. The Polish character speaks to loyalty and a strong work ethic, but
Ele
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

~4.5 stars~

First and foremost, this book is a love letter to Poland. If there was an MM book set in my country, this is exactly how I'd want it to be written.

Although I 've never visited Warsaw, the setting felt truly authentic and relatable to me. Because despite their ethnic differences, some postwar european capitals share common grounds and a morbid past that keeps shaping future generations. Like people are still trying to heal and rebuild, or something like that.

All this is very apparent i
K.A. Merikan
Dec 01, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Pierogi

*___* <3 I can't wait for this book to be out. It's been a long time in the making. It's our little nostalgic project set in Poland. Warsaw is Agnes's home town so we had great fun writing about the city and some of the specifically Polish stereotypes.

Comes out January 4th 2017 from Dreamspinner Press. It's sweet (but sexy!!!), nostalgic, a funny contemporary romance! No crazy shit in this one ;) Just a lot of True Love Forever <3.

AND PINTEREST!!! :D https://uk.pinterest.com/agnesmerikan..
Jewel
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
While I am far more used to KA Merikan's more gritty style, I also have been known to enjoy their more sweet romances, like I Love You More Than Pierogi. KA Merikan just have a way of painting a vivid landscape so that you feel like you're actually experiencing the story, rather than just reading it.

The MC's in I Love You More Than Pierogi start out very different. Merek is image conscious, snobby and superficial, while Adrian is worldly, laid back and likable. I admit I was wondering just how t
Tess
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

What I particularly enjoyed about this was the new (to me) Polish setting. I read mostly for the romance but one of the other things I love most about reading is experiencing new places and seeing how other people live. This means I will almost always jump on m/m romances set outside of the usual places (i.e. US and UK), even though there doesn't seem to be too many of them. I thought the authors did a great job of getting the feel of modern-day Poland. I especially loved all the descr
Catherine
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 Stars ***

I loved how this relationship evolved. The Merikans do the fluff suprisingly well - I'd read some more of this!
.Lili.
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

I Love You More Than Pierogi by KA Merikan is the second chance at love story of Marek and Adrian. Marek ended things in an- we’ll say- unkind way five years earlier. Adrian has returned and contacted Marek and what ensues is a story about having the courage to let go and be yourself about second chances.

My highlights:

– Adrian. What was there not love about him? He was caring and selfless. He was my favorite part of the book.

-The setting. I’ve never read a book based in Poland. It was interestin
Eugenia
Jan 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, mm
DNF @ 20%............I should have listened to my friend Michaelle and never even started this book. Why oh why did I not listen to my GR TWIN? I took an immediate dislike to one of the MC’s from the very beginning and that was that. I didn’t want to bother continuing forth.
Ami
Lelyana's Reviews
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

OMG Adrian! I think soon as he appeared in this book, I can't helped myself to fall for him.
Of course I was a little disappointed when he 'rejected' Marek in the beginning,. To think again, Marek was kind of a judgmental guy, and he definitely need some 'treatment' from Adrian.
A bit snobbish and and clueless , Marek that is. But I'm glad that 'one moment' after he's almost got 'everything' was an eye opener for him.
Second change love story is hit and miss for me, but this one is great, the endin
Pianka *call me PIU*

“I love you More Than Pierogi” by K.A. Merikan is a sweet, freeing and slightly-emotional romance set in the beautiful country of Poland. It gives a vivid account of the healing and rebuilding city of Warsaw. Every reader will feel a strong connection with the city which is described and accounted so beautifully here. The experience of knowing a city you have never been to is what you will get in this book. The culture, the mindset of the people, their struggles and hopes and oh, GOD! T
Ky
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
One thing I know for sure is that this book made me hungry!

It's a second chance romance about two friends and highschool sweethearts who parted ways after graduation and a bitter break up. Marek is down to earth, he wants job security and to climb the ladder in the company he works. At least that's how he is at the beginning of the book... Adrian, on the other hand, is a free spirit. He likes adventure, excitement and spontaneity. He is open about his sexuality and proud for who he is. He doesn'
Serena Yates
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
‘I Love You More Than Pierogi’ is an entertaining, charming novella about two young men who get a second chance at love. It is part of the ‘World of Love’ series that “offers stories of romance that span every corner of the globe” and is set in Warsaw, Poland. I lived in Warsaw for two years, although that is now quite some years ago, and I felt transported back. A lot of the little details ring so true and make this virtual visit very worthwhile for learning about the places, buildings, and str ...more
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
2 Stars

I think I hated almost everything about this book...but it was well-edited and such so I couldn't give it only one star.

Seriously, K.A. Merikan should just stick to the dark and gritty books because this was a hot mess. I'd compare it to one of those CW Teen Angst Dramas, but Polish. Only, that would be an insult to many of those CW shows that turned out to be pretty damned good.

I think maybe it's a cultural thing, too. IDK.

Just, I'mma need to bleach my brain of this whole endeavor by rea
Tiferet
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This book was a 100% nostalgia trip for me but I'm incredibly envious of those who will read about Warsaw as an unfamiliar place (even if in reality not that different from other European capitals).
Apart from the cool setting it's just a great story with beautifully flawed characters, definitely recommended!
Breann
Second chances in love... in a job... in life... I Love You More Than Pierogi is about being able to start over, no matter your choices in your past.

Adrian and Marek couldn't be more different. Adrian is out, adventurous, and willing to take risks. Marek is firmly in the closet, very cautious and conservative. After a bad breakup after high school, they spend years apart. While Marek was working himself to the bones trying to further his career, Adrian was out seeing the world.

When they met up a
Donna
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 00-lgbtq-read
First off... I found myself Googling Polish food! Some of the dishes, I can't wait to give a try... others, not so much! ;D

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this story... it wasn't a "great" plot or it didn't invoke "great" emotion... but, it somehow catches your attention and holds it till the very end! Marek and Adrian (with an "a") share a past but haven't seen or heard from each other for over 5 years. Each had gone their own way in life... both trying to live their dreams! But, sometime
Daphne
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2018-books
Meh. Marek was kind of horrible for most of this book. After binge reading all 7 Guns and Boys Books this week, this was sort of like a palette cleanser. It might be that it would be fine if I hadn’t just read the nuanced and gritty before but since I did, this suffered in comparison. Ymmv, of course!
Daniel Mitton
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

This was certainly a change from the K.A. Merikan books I’ve read in the past. I’ve focused mainly on their Guns N’ Boys series and their Coffin Nails MC series, both of which are quite brutal, dark and gritty. I didn’t get gritty from I Love You More Than Pierogi. I think this series will be much more fitting for some of the other reviewers at Love Bytes who really enjoy romantic stories.

Let’s talk about the story in this current installment. Marek c
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

See, I know you are going to see this gif and rating and be confused. I went back and forth on an actual rating for this. While my heart was telling me no, my mind was saying be fair.

I had to think of everything outside of Marek. If it was based solely on him and his personality then I would have took my kindle outside and shot it. There was nothing about him I liked. Even at the end, nothing redeemable to me. I know some people are going to love this, I just wasn't one of them.

To be fa
Joyfully Jay
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really liked Adrian, and I had a good deal of sympathy for Marek. The culture is not conducive to being out, and he’s been so focused on making a good living that he’s actually sacrificed his social life. There’s brief mention that he actually sends money back to his family to help pay for his younger sisters’ education, and I’d have liked a little more detail on that. Adrian and Marek have time to make a new start—they are young. I really admired Adrian’s init
Matthew
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A very cute little romantic story. I loved the cooking. And the rekindling romance gradually over the course of the story was handled very well. The characters had solid development and chemistry. The Polish setting added a bit of interesting flavor, although not much...

The big let-down for me was the sex scene. It was way too long and boring. I skipped over a lot of it. But I think I would have given this 5 stars without the sex scene and since I can skip the sex scene... I don't think that sho
Lidia
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
As silly of me, I thought that pierogi was a person's name, and what one surprise read this story and discover more about Kat and Agnes when they write about their country, culture and Polish cuisine. I like to read about contry that I don't know but would go and in this short story I have able to feel smells and scents and see through the eyes of protagonists. Marek and Adrian are as two part of past and present, tradition and modernity, fear and hope, but together they are love and sweetness. ...more
Rennie
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ItsAboutTheBook
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faye
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Marek is miserable while doing what he thought he always wanted. When his old boyfriend Adrian shows up he wants to impress him. It doesn’t really go as planned. They are opposites, with Adrian being the free spirit who traveled across continents and Marek working in an office. Things are not happy and beautiful between them, but Adrian needs a place to stay and Marek agrees to let him stay with him. Things between them are tempestuous. Adrian wants
Anna Rita
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
K.A. Merikan never disappoint me. They can write about darker topics as they can write sweet and fresh stories like this one. Marek and Adrian are so different but at the same time they are meant to be together, and with this book you can believe that sometimes the first love is also the right one ^^
If you like sweet stories and food you will love this book.

PS: Thanks to this book I need to try and make some Pierogi now, even if mine would never be as good as those of Adrian xD
Lila Hunter
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: zz-2016-arc-strw
Rating: 3.5 stars

Review to follow at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.

ARC provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for an honest review.
Mercedes
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I love books that center around food. But I am ashamed to say that I am not familiar with Polish Food and after reading this book I feel I must become acquainted.

If you loved the many food references in this book, may I suggest Sweet and Sour?
Anita
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Decidedly quirky. Adrian and Merek were close friends/lovers when they were teens until Adrian decides to travel around the world and Marek works hard to get a good job. Adrian returns to town and needs a place to crash and calls Marek after being out of contact for 5 years. Their reunion is not smooth in the least. There's some resentment, misunderstandings and other stuff going on between these two guys. Marek is also still closeted. What saved this book for me and brought it to 4 stars, was t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d
More about K.A. Merikan

World of Love (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Chase This Light (World of Love)
  • The Weather Baker's Son (World of Love)
  • In Your Court (World of Love)
  • The Seventh Flower (World of Love)
  • My Paradise is You (World of Love)
  • Runaway (World of Love)
  • The Dusk Parlor
  • Hearts in Ireland (World of Love)
  • The Sun Still Rises (World of Love)
  • Sunset at Pencarrow (World of Love)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be