Start by marking “Fitter Faster: The Smart Way to Get in Shape in Just Minutes a Day” as Want to Read:
Fitter Faster: The Smart Way to Get in Shape in Just Minutes a Day

Fitter Faster: The Smart Way to Get in Shape in Just Minutes a Day

A lifetime of fitness in just minutes a day

I don't have time . . . I'm too tired . . . I hate gyms . . . These are among the most common excuses for not exercising. But the truth is that getting in shape requires less time and effort than you might think.

Examining everything from pre-workout stretches to post-workout protein shakes, this science-backed book slices throug

Published May 11th 2017 by AMACOM

To ask other readers questions about Fitter Faster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fitter Faster

Cheryl
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is broken out into four parts: "How to Motivate Yourself", "What you need to know about aerobic exercise, strength training, and stretching", What to eat and How to prevent pain", and The Fitter Faster Plan".

In the first part, the book breaks down all of the benefits of exercise as well as some myths. After you have read the first part and determined that exercise in any form even walking is good for you; you are ready to move onto the second part of this book. For example, I was happ
Stacie
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Davis, an award-winning health journalist, and Kolowich, a Certified Personal Trainer whose clients include well-known actors and athletes, have joined together to create this no-nonsense approach to exercise. They take the excuses out of working out and debunk some common exercise myths to get readers motivated to get in shape in just fifteen minutes a day.

The four sections of the book deal with motivation, knowledge, eating, and the actual workouts. The book never talks "over my head" and offe
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

I'm giving this a 5 star rating because I feel the author did an excellent job of conveying everything needed to getting fit/fitter. The book is thorough, carefully researched with the latest studies/info, exercises,etc., and ensures that you don't have any questions about any aspect of exercise and fitness. Although I feel the focus is more on male fitness than female (e.g., testosterone shots are discussed but not mens
Miriam Downey
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read my full review here: http://mimi-cyberlibrarian.blogspot.c...

Health journalist, Dr. Robert J. Davis, and personal trainer, Brad Kolowich, have developed a plan for overcoming barriers to fitness that have defined many people's life experiences. Their goal was to redefine exercise so that it's less time-consuming and intimidating and more convenient and enjoyable. Their plan includes an easy-to-follow workout plan that requires as little as 15 minutes a day, including aerobic, muscle-buildin
Diane
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this through the goodreads giveaway program.

I really liked the layout of the book. The author concentrates on motivation from the beginning and then discusses the categories of Aerobic Exercise, Strength Training and Stretching. The following sections cover what you should eat, how to prevent pain and exercise (in 3 levels based on your current fitness level).

Some of the greatest parts are the ones in which the author asks and then answers a multitude of questions; For example, 'Is w
Bev
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know, I know. Do we really need another book on fitness? Don't we know it all, yet? And isn't it about doing the stuff, not just knowing how to?

Yet this appealed.

You can easily see why the premise got me. I'm busy. I don't have time to exercise. Yet, because I'm busy, I need to. More than if I weren't, actually.

And the irony that when I get exceedingly busy, exercise is the one thing that goes. I don't have time, you see.

The first few chapters of this book explain why. Why cardio, why strength
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This book makes a good addition to a healthy lifestyle and exercise. This book allows a motivated person to get results working out with a variety of workouts that are easy enough for beginners and hard enough for those who work out often. There is everything you could ever need to really get going. I started a fitness journal and that helps to keep me on track. This makes me super happy and was one of my biggest takeaways from this book. You can workout anywhere and start at anytime. Now is a g ...more
Jo
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you goodreads for sending me an ARC. I really liked this exercise book. Four and half stars but I am going to round this one up to five. It's well laid out with good solid advice backed by research. The nutrition advice is sensible and the exercise routines vary and are set up for three different skill levels. The equipment needed is basic and it is pretty much gimmick free. Good for you Robert Davis.
Get this book and just start doing a quarter hour a day!
Shannon
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Impressive. You don't often see a regimen that emphasizes moderation in all things these days. This guy condemns fad/restrictive diets, crazy gimmicks, and specialized equipment. I really like how he structures everything and gives you a lot of free reign over workouts. And it works. My pants are already feeling looser. Yay!
roxi Net
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: roxiown
I'm always excited to read books about fitness, hoping that somehow I'll find something new to try at the gym. Unfortunately, "Fitter Faster" didn't hit this mark for me. While it's an interesting read, there was no new information about fitness that I could apply. This book may be better suited for someone just starting at the gym.
Linda
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
No frills advice based upon lots of research.
Lisa Burrington
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book did not get boring and was a fast easy read with interesting information
Victoria
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not just your typical fitness book. There's lots of good information!
Mark Baller
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Good book for insights into the most current research into physical training what works what does not work - I was impressed with the presentation and the content.
Cathy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Not really anything I hadn't read before. Quick and easy read though and could be a good addition to the bookshelf of someone trying to ease into fitness.
Rosamaria Noel
Kate
Apr 30, 2018
Shelley
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great book for those starting to exercise or those who are looking at changing up their current exercise plan.

This is not a diet book, it does go somewhat into what you should eat, but this is an exercise book. You do not need to spend hours in the gym, you just need to work out correctly and this book lays out step by step plans on how to do that.

What I really liked about this book is that it gives
Polina
Jun 27, 2017
Carolyn Thomas
Sep 17, 2017
  • Blast the Sugar Out!: Lower Blood Sugar, Lose Weight, Live Better
  • JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks
  • Sleeping Your Way to the Top: How to Get the Sleep You Need to Succeed
  • Ditching the Drive-Thru
  • Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less: Your Guidebook for Living a Low-Carb and Low-Sugar Lifestyle
  • The MD Factor Diet: A Physician's Proven Diet for Metabolism Correction and Healthy Weight Loss
  • The Diet Trap Solution: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good
  • Two Thousand Pounds Per Square Inch
  • Swallow This: Serving Up the Food Industry's Darkest Secrets
  • The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook: Cook Once, Eat All Week with Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes
  • The Age Fix: A Leading Plastic Surgeon Reveals How To Really Look Ten Years Younger
  • The Chili Cookbook: From Three-Bean to Four-Alarm, Con Carne to Vegetarian, Cookoff-Worthy Recipes for the One-Pot Classic
  • 101 Quick & Easy Chicken Recipes
  • A Modern Way to Eat: Over 200 Satisfying, Everyday Vegetarian Recipes (That Will Make You Feel Amazing)
  • Window
  • iPagan
  • Kale and Coffee: A Renegade’s Guide to Health, Happiness, and Longevity
  • The Coregasm Workout: The Revolutionary Method for Better Sex Through Exercise