Start by marking “Rough & Ruthless (Notorious Devils #4)” as Want to Read:
Rough & Ruthless (Notorious Devils #4)

Rough & Ruthless

(Notorious Devils MC #4)

Mary-Ann Lukin has never had it easy. Having survived the torments of abuse for far too long, it's a miracle that life somehow managed to leave her with a little bit of hope—hope of a future filled with happiness.

Max "MadDog" Duhart has lived more than one lifetime, earning the respect he's due as the president of the Original Charter of Notorious Devils. Nevertheless, w
Published February 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rough & Ruthless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough & Ruthless

Start your review of Rough & Ruthless (Notorious Devils #4)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

description

Needing to escape her abusive boyfriend quickly Mary-Anne Lukin calls Max "MadDog" Duhart the president of the Original Charter of Notorious Devils. Within hours of placing that call, Mary-Anne finds herself on the back of Max's bike and shortly thereafter his bed...

Max "MadDog" Duhart has lived a lot of life. At 60 years old he has pretty much seen and done it all. One look at Mary-Anne and he knows their connection is something special. But with more than 30 years separating them, and outside
Fre06 Begum
Feb 05, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I'm sorry but I truly can't handle the explicit sex scenes between a 27 year old woman and 60 year old man. Made me barf!
Chantal ❤️
Feb 06, 2017 marked it as read-when-i-am-brainless
CAN'T READ THIS ONE!

OVER 30 YEARS AGO DIFFERENCE IS TOO MUCH FOR ME PERSONALLY!
It just makes me think of this...

description

Creepy old guys are NOT HAPPENING FOR ME!
But others enjoy.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 2017 -- Not my cuppa .. insta-love that gave me the uggy willies. So not sexy at all. More creepy.
Leigh
Mar 02, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF@20% I'm not enjoying the writing and everything seems OTT.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Hayley Faiman blasted into my world this last year and made her mark on my impressionable heart with her twisted stories. While I normal like my books a bit easier and safer, there is something about this chick that pulls me in and keeps me coming back. Whether it's her gripping storylines or the boundaries she pushes, Hayley is a mastermind with words and I always look forward to what she is gonna give me next.

Rough & Ruthless was just that.... an intense, sexy, taboo, rough and ruthles
K.S. Rochell
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Raw, gritty, intense, sexy Maddog will have your hearts pounding and your panties soaking wet just wow I could not get enough of him this story was well written all the characters and their developments just flowed!! Haley, writing style is just amazing it sucks you I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next..
Heather
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. But holy cow the sex. These two do more grinding than a sausage factory. Wow.
Tiffany Readz
4.5 Stars-Can you say age gap??

Wowza, Hayley Faiman took a chance on MadDog and Mary-Anne and won. With the age gap between these two, things could have gone all kinds of creepy, yet they didn't. She created the sexiest sixty year old I have ever read about. The book cover helps as well. ;)

"No woman has ever made me want to protect her, f#ck her, and fight for her like she does."

Oh MadDog, you big ol' softie. We have met the matriarch of the Notorious Devil's in past books seeing how he's Fury's
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

Mary Anne is in trouble. When her abusive boyfriend has sinister plans for her, Mary Anne knows she needs help getting out before it's too late. Not wanting her brother a member of the Notorious Devils to possibly go to jail to save her, Mary Anne calls his friend the much older national president Max "MadDog" Duhart. Their connection is instant but will age, family and enemies keep them apart?

Rough and Ruthless is the crown jewel in the Notorious Devils series! Hayley Faiman is a master storyte
Jann
Max and Mary-Anne were great together. The story was fast paced but yet, well written and filled with enough content that you weren't left wanting more.

The only part of this story that threw me was the age difference...60 vs 27 seemed a bit skeevy to me.
AG Reads
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
When the story depends in part on the large age gap, the characters should at least act their assigned ages. Instead, the h seems like an OTT teen with her first crush and the H comes across as a young 20-something waving his dick around because he thinks that makes him a man.
Heike
Apr 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Dnf 12% only about sex...... annoying
Sue
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book in the series, it's about Max (Mad Dog) President of the Notorious MC head chapter and Mary-Anne, who is Bates' (book 2) younger sister. When Mary finds herself in an abusive relationship, she wants out, instead of ringing her brother to come and get her (she's afraid Bates will do something stupid and end up in jail), she rings MadDog instead, to come and save her.
MadDog is Fury's (book 1) father, so he's about 60 and Mary is 27 so there is a huge age difference. Bu
Crystal
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We first met Max "Mad Dog" Duhart in the first Notorious Devil's novel. He was the sexy silver fox father of Fury. He has made several appearances in the series since then. His character has always intrigued me, and I know when he finally got his own story it was going to be amazing. Well, let me tell you, Hayley did not disappoint at all with his story.

Mad Dog is rough, he is ruthless and he is fiercely loyal. He will protect those he cares about without hesitation. When the much younger Mary
MKHRN06
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rough and Ruthless

This series is getting better. I really enjoyed this book. I think this is my favorite so far. I really can't wait to read Torches story. Great read.
Amy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rough and Ruthless Notorious Devils MC 4
Hayley Faiman
4 stars

So I really like this series but I have to say I had a bit of enough already with this release. I am obviously not saying it was bad because I gave it 4 stars but I do think it was lengthy in the sense that the story could have been cut a littler shorter due to some redundant scenes between our two main characters Mary Anne and MadDog.

Mary Ann is the sister of Sniper. He was older than her and didn't see the abuse she suffered at the
Avidez Literaria
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary-Anne Lukin survived and fled hell, leaving her hometown and her parents' house, leaving behind a childhood and adolescence of physical and psychological abuse, the memories of which she still carries. She has built herself a life and career in California, and all goes well until her boyfriend, Kyle, begins to change his behavior. First with words, then with physical aggression. And the closest person to come to her rescue is the president of Notorius Devils MC's main charter, MadDog.

Maxfiel
Teresa Lara
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love this series and Max and Mary's amazing story.More plz
Jessie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lot better than that last book.

Wasn’t as weird to read about a 60 year old and a 28 year old lol. But I can’t actually picture a hot 60 year old - Gerard Butler 10 years from now :/

I don’t know I kinda tried to forget or thought of him as a 50 year old lol
Books 2 Blog
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hum, not sure what to say about this book. This is book 4 in the series, but the first that I have read, my honest opinion is that it can be read as a standalone, but for the best experience I’d say to read them all in order, that way you’ll know who’s who and what relationships are already in play.

Okay so this is Max aka Maddog and Mary-Anne’s story. Max is the president of the Notorious Devils and Mary-Anne is the sister of a ‘brother’ from another chapter, confused yet? Don’t be the author d
Jaymie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I'm on the fence about this one because, honestly, there is so much I love but at the same time, so much I hate. It's a given that the H is going to piss me off, that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to MC Romance. But wow did Max piss me off, I wanted to seriously punch him in the throat. Now, let me say that Max could be a great man, very sweet and very loyal, but when he messes up he does it big time and as cheesy as it sounds he should be the poster child for "Go Big o
Renee Entress
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story contains heartbreak, pain, secrets, danger, and suspense.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC #3)

This is Mary and Max's story. Mary has lead a hard life that included abuse and pain. But in all the pain and torment she has been able to hold on to one thing and that is hope. She has hope
Tammy Cole
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series and I was so excited to start this one. It has a little taboo factor as MadDog is 60 years old and Mary is mid twenties. I love to read a book with a huge age difference and this one had me hooked from the get go. MadDog is not one for relationships but when he encounters Mary he is instantly attracted but finds himself feeling a little on the perverted side because of the age difference. I loved that! It made him seem real and that his feelings were genuine and not based sole ...more
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the series ... i think Fury and his father Max are my faves ... love book #1 & #4 ... i hope there will be more books in the series very very soon. I think it is hilarious that ladies think this situation is gross ... love is love. No matter what age. if you are 60 yrs old you deserves love too. maybe 'cause i am closer to 40 yrs of age ... to me 60 is no biggie. To me it is hot! More power to them. I don't get all of that which happens in a biker club, only seen Sons of Anarchy on tv ... ...more
Michelle Austin
description

Rough and Ruthless was a great 5 star read.
This is the 4th book in the Notorious Devils MC.

Mary-Anne thought she had finally found love after her painful childhood. He was great up until he met her brother. After that he became abusive and cruel along with wanting to use her to make his business clients happy. Scared and wanting out, Mary-Anne calls Max the Notorious Devils president for help.

I call the only man I know who will make Kyle shit his pants
Dana
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Had someone told me that I was going to love, not like, but LOVE, this book, I would have called them crazy. I just could not wrap my head around it at the end of book 3. MadDog is Fury's father, and considering that Fury is old enough to be Mary-Ann's father, I was all kinds of freaked out. Mary-Ann is Sniper's 27-year-old little sister, a mature 27, but 27 nonetheless.

Before I get into the story, I have to say that whoever did the math here, confused the hell out of me. Fury was 35 in book 1.
Fairy Reader Blog
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hayley Faiman did it again; this book had me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed this book so much, yes there were some things that got me a bit annoyed but overall it was really good.
Mary-Anne is a strong woman; she knows that life can always get messy and sometimes a bit disappointing. One thing that I loved most about Marry-Anne was that she made her decisions and didn’t let anybody tell her what she could and couldn’t do. Marry-Anne was someone who learned from her past, she didn’t let anythin
Booklass Garrahan
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Well written, but...

Just Assume SPOILERS (and save us all the grief)....Faiman writes very well. Apparently, I have read her before when I read the first of her Russian series. I didn't remember. She does a fabulous job creating the setting and characters. Most of this story is really interesting, and I did not have a problem with the age difference. I actually liked it. It is something different, and I like older men heroes with younger heroines. I was even able to suspend disbelief when Max wa
Love N. Books
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pet’s $0.02

The men of the Notorious Devils MC piss me off to no end.

They’re arrogant, they’re major man-whores, they all think they can just tell women what they will do, when and they’ll just jump to do their bidding… just begging for their attention.

So, can someone please tell me why, I fucking adore “MadDog” Duhart? I know I shouldn’t be surprised. I know that “Fury” Duhart, his son, had to learn to be an asshole from someone. But, hot damn, this man seriously got my motor going.

Bei
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Judge (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #2)
  • Shaker (Blackwings MC, #5)
  • Finding Solace (The Kings of Retribution MC, #3)
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 4)
  • Riggs (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana Chapter #1)
  • Carbon (Blackwings MC, #4)
  • The Darkest of Light (The Kings of Retribution MC, #2)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #3)
  • Claiming Mine (Unforgiven Riders MC #1)
  • Charge (Steel Bones Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Cage (Dead Souls MC: Prospects #1)
  • Copper (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #1)
  • Widow (Reapers MC, #4)
  • Hawk (Reapers MC, #6)
  • Love Above Law
  • Lost King (The Kings of Retribution MC #5)
  • Inked in Lies (The Fallen Men, #5)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
Born and raised in California, but living in Texas and loving every second of it. I married the man that I started dating when I was 16 years old. We have 2 little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

Find me on

Facebook --https://www.facebook.com/authorhayley...

Website -- https://hayleyfaiman.com

Notorious Devils MC (7 books)
  • Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
  • Rough and Raw (Notorious Devils MC, #2)
  • Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC, #3)
  • Rough & Ready (Notorious Devils #5)
  • Rough & Rich (Notorious Devils #6)
  • Rough and Real (Notorious Devils #7)