Start by marking “All I Want” as Want to Read:
All I Want

All I Want

“All I want for Christmas is someone to love.”

Shy retail clerk Elliott Gaffney’s Christmas wish isn’t something Santa can grant him, but that doesn’t stop it from being his favorite time of year. Especially since he gets to work at Chicago’s prestigious Ashby’s department store in “the North Pole,” doing his part to make the magic of Christmas come alive for others.

All B
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about All I Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want

Start your review of All I Want
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Suspend disbelief ye who enter here.

This story isn't realistic in the least. The plot is predictable, and we're asked to believe that, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And sexy elves too.

Here's the thing: I. Don't. Care.

Because All I Want is a Christmas story. It's supposed to be sweet and ridiculously feel good.

I read this book in January, when the weather is dreadful and only a few sad, droopy Christmas lights remain, and it made me happy, damn it.

We get a bit of smex, friends who care,
Denise H.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** I have found a new author, team to love ! *** Stella Starling is a team of two.
This is a wonderful emotion filled Christmas story of a spoiled man, Ash, being shown what real care and love are supposed to be.
Elliot teaches Ben... (alias Ash),

about being Santa for the store, and they are drawn together for friendship and more. Ben/Ash has been sent to the store as punishment for his wild escapades, and certainly does learn some lessons. Ben teaches virgin Elliot

about making love and neith
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Sentimental Stars

This really, truly embodies the meaning of Christmas, and it definitely put me in the mood for this time of year.

Ash has been living the high life, and he’s totally fine with that, not knowing what he’s missing, as money has thus far provided him with superficial fun, companionship, and luxuries. However, due to some bad behavior, his punishment to work at one of his family’s main stores opens his eyes to many things, mainly that his life has been lacking people to care for
Susan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Re-read October 2018
Never too early for Christmas stories!

-------------------------------------

“Elliott, all I could ever want… is you.”

This author duo sure knows how to write. Every emotion just came to life in this heartwarming story.

This is a sweet and fluffy holiday read with some angst sprinkled in, but not too much (for those of us who dislike relationship angst).

Bennet Ashby, Ash, is your typical spoiled rich kid (he is in his early twenties, but hasn’t worked a day in his life). He p
☆ Todd
Dec 01, 2021 marked it as maybe
Shelves: mine

Christmas story now *FREE* on Amazon, 2021-12-01:

Meags
4.5 Stars

Elliott Gaffney is as sweet and good-hearted as they come, and Christmas is definitely his favourite time of year. He works as a retail clerk at a high-end department store in Chicago, called Ashby’s, and at Christmastime he relishes in being an active participant in the store’s Christmas traditions. This year, Elliott gets to play the part of a Nutcracker in Ashby’s “North Pole," where he meets the store’s newest employee and this years in-store Santa, Ben.

Ben is like no one Elliott h
~Mindy Lynn~
3.5*

Ash is all about partying and living it up with his douche bag friends until one scandal sends him from riches to rags. Well, his version of rags. Not so much mine. But the scandal has made daddy mad and to teach his scandalicious son a lesson he sends him to Chicago to work as this Christmas seasons, Santa at one of their department stores, Ashby's. Ash bleaches his hair and wears contacts to disguise himself since he's a very recognizable guy and decides to go by Ben, as his first name is
Eli Easton
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read a ton of Christmas romances, and they can get a bit predictable. But I'm happy this one exceeds expectations as a fun, and oh-so-readable holiday treat. I'm not usually big on secret billionaire stories, but this one is super appealing. I liked Ash's character and how he changes over the course of the book. Elliot was such a sweetheart that I believed he could turn Ash's life around and make him value more than just money. And the writing kept me engaged all the way through. This author i ...more
Gigi
I know this on one worked for many of my GR friends, but it just didn't work for me. Elliot's character was comically child-like in his love of the holiday season and his job as a Nutcracker in the department store North Pole. He was too innocent and awestruck to be perceived as a adult IMHO. Because if this, the sexual relationship between Elliot and Ben felt wrong and kinda yucky.

This book was very sweet with little to no angst and if you can get over Elliot's innocence, I am certain you will
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super, sugary sweet Christmas story.

I love that this was a full length book.

I love that there is going to be a spinoff.

This was very good :)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie 12/27/17
Helen
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very , very sweet .

Still 'tis the season and all that !

And i'll definitely check out the next in the series .
Nerea
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-xmas
DNF 75%

I give up -__- I try to read it in different occassions, but definitely this book is not for me. The story is cute, but Ben/Ash character is not believable at all and is narrated in a vey SLOW rythm for me.
Richard Derus
Dec 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
I RECEIVED THIS HOLIDAY THEMED ROMANCE AS A FREEBIE ON AMAZON. *glowers Heather-ward* Because SOMEone told me it was free.

My Review
: There are far, far, far too many w-bombs (over a dozen!) in this book. A few of them at the beginning are not what they initially seem to be, but the fact is that they don’t stop coming.

Speaking of coming…there’s more of that than I expected in a silly frothing Holiday-season treat like this book. It was an agreeable surprise that I got as much as I did, since it s
Juxian
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, I knew what I would be getting here, right? Unrealistic and too sweet, predictable and full of clichés. But I kinda felt like reading more fluff, and I thought maybe I'd like the main characters and it would be nice...
It was nice, I can't say it wasn't. What I liked in the book was its Christmas spirit. Even if it was a bit didactic. But still, some moments were truly touching.
And I liked the dog :) He's actually the reason why I finished the book - he appeared just when I was about to DNF
Fani *loves angst*
3.5 stars rounded up because it's Christmas after all and I did enjoy it :)

Fluffy, sweet, minimal drama or plot, but somehow very satisfying none the less. Must be the writing I guess. Ben/Ash's transformation from bon-viveur playboy to a caring and warm person was too fast to be convincing, and it was my main issue with the story, but Elliot was lovable and I wanted him to have a HEA, so I overlooked it. I also liked the dual POV, I liked seeing what was going on in both of the heroes minds.
Michael S.
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this over a month ago during an extended book binge and completely forgot to rate it.

Cute, cute, cute.

It's realistic and believable in the same way that candy canes are nutritious and packed with antioxidants, but if you're reading a Christmas-themed story like this, you've probably checked your disbelief at the gate.

Enjoy for what it is, which is fun and heartwarming.
Kel
Dec 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was very sweet and one of the better Christmas stories around. Elliott is truly a wonder with his enthusiasm for everything. I am able to suspend disbelief for this story hence the high rating. It made me feel all happy and warm.
Santy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017, lgbtq-m-m
I read this as a prelude to the "At Last,The Beloved" series I wanted to check out.

This was sweet. A bit too sweet at times but stil cool. :)
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
Christmas stories in September?? Why the hell not, if they're as sweet as this one. 3.5 stars rounded up. The sort of Xmas tale you want to believe will come true, but very rarely does. Cinderfella meets Arthur, with Scrooge thrown in for good measure.

Playboy Ash has disappointed his overbearing and detached father one too many times, and is 'banished' to the Ashby company's Chicago store as punishment. Christmas is just around the corner and due to unfortunate circumstances, Ash [or Ben as he i
Sandra
Utterly adorable Christmas story that I snagged when it was offered for free on Amazon. Excellent story-telling, and such a sweet romance. I adored Elliott - he was such a sweetheart, and so very kind to everyone, always believing only the best of people. And I loved watching Ash grow throughout this book and believe that he could be more than what he had been.
Tina K
Very cute Christmas story about a bad boy being reformed by a shy, sweet "normal" guy. Dragged on just a bit too long but was sweet and a little sexy. ...more
Ed Davis
Dec 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Just an ok read for me. I couldn’t imagine that a department store would care how you spent your employee discount. Especially if you were using it to make children happy. I also thought the story was pretty boring. Three stars from me was being generous since it’s Christmas season.
BWT
Dec 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021, mm-fiction
Not for me.

If you like romances featuring a hidden identity that isn't disclosed before the characters are in a relationship, miscommunication, and the inevitable fallout this might work better for you. All in all I found the plot was predictable, the characters immature, and I hated that Ash didn't explain who he was to Elliot before he got him in bed, and became his boyfriend, and then (view spoiler)
Heike
Well ... suspend disbelief and go with the romance is what a fellow reviewer recommended. I tried. But besides being absurd it was boring. Way too much repetitive inner dialogue to get this story going.
A rich kid protagonist turning 180 degrees in his believes. A poor kid protagonist made tragic because - what? - he grew up poor?
I gave up when daddy became utterly mean and ridiculous, the rich kid started outright lying, and the guys had sex while the dog really needed to shit!
I made it to 60%
Simon
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Regrettably, for me, this was not a good Christmas story. I found the over-descriptive and cringe-worthy writing more than sickly sweet.
One of the main protagonists was so naïve and so like an eight year old girl that I found the relationship to be verging on pederastic! It was just plain, uncomfortably, weird.
The physically intimate paragraphs were also odd, dropped in willy-nilly, and then that scene when the more adult protagonist rescues a stray dog......blah!
I see the novel does well with
Manfred
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this any other time of the year I would probably not review it very kindly. But as it is for the holiday season I expect stories to be sweet, fluffy, angstfree and really for me there is no such thing as too much Christmas kitsch.
This was an absolutely perfect Christmas story, I loved every page of it, I laughed, I cried and I was absolutely happy with the 2 main characters when they finally found their HEA! If you know what you are signing up for, just go for it! 4 shining Christmas sta
Donna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I had one complaint, and I would appear that I do, it would be the length of the story. It felt too long, says no one, ever! *headdesk* LOL!!! Maybe what I am trying to say is that it was slow in places. The story was well-written and the characters were adorable, Donner included... well, maybe not Ash/Ben's dad, Kevin and Martin (what is up with those two anyways?) but everyone else? ADORABLE!!! This was just stuffed full of sweetness and Christmas spirit, not to mention some intensely tende ...more
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I loved Elliot. I just couldn't buy Ash's about face. I tried. ...more
Zuzu
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This was so sweet and low angst. I plan to read more by this author.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Christmas Wish List (Hartbridge Christmas, #2)
  • The Best Gift
  • Only One Bed
  • Square One
  • Somebody to Love (Tyler Jamison #1)
  • Getaway (Escape #1)
  • Dearest Malachi Keogh
  • Surreal Estate
  • Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)
  • The Holiday List (The Script Club, #4)
  • Playing at Home (Sporting Secrets #2)
  • Cozy
  • The Holiday Hookup
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe (Hartbridge Christmas, #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 5
  • Long Winter (Wild Ones #1)
  • Like Water Catching Fire
  • Fake Boyfriend Breakaways (Fake Boyfriend, #2.5, 3.5, 4.5)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…

News & Interviews

As the final days of the year tick themselves off the calendar, the 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge is coming to a close. Sincere...
“Elliott turned his palm instinctively, and Ben’s hand slipped into his, feeling like it belonged there.” 0 likes
“Even though he knew the man behind the Santa suit wasn’t some mystical being, Elliott believed.” 0 likes