Start by marking “Issaura's Claws (The Incarn Saga. #1)” as Want to Read:
Issaura's Claws (The Incarn Saga. #1)

Issaura's Claws

(Incarn Saga #1)

“According to legend, when the world was young, the goddess Issaura appeared among men. Those who treated her with kindness received the gift of the gods—the ability to transform into an animal form. This was a great honor but one that separated this race from other humans. Before Issaura departed the mortal realm, she promised to return if her people were ever at the poin ...more
Published November 29th 2016 by Phaesporia Press

To ask other readers questions about Issaura's Claws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Issaura's Claws

Siobhan
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. This read – just wow. Honestly, it was so much more than I’d anticipated. I was so very close to giving this one a five star rating.

If the truth is to be known, I went into this one not expecting much. The synopsis was interesting, yet I wasn’t one hundred percent sure what I would be receiving. A fantasy novel – yes. Some kind of shifter creatures – yes. A new mythology to wrap my head around – yes. Prejudice against women that would be overcome – yes to the former, hope
Katharine Wibell
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed By Ankita Shukla for Readers’ Favorite

Issaura's Claws by Katharine E Wibell is an impressive fiction work that focuses on breaking the stereotype of women as a weak gender. Lluava is a headstrong seventeen-year-old girl. She is not a human, though. She is a theriomorph -- a special race that looked like a human but could convert into an animal form. Although the law of Elysia does not divide the humans and theriomorphs, the animosity between these two races is evident on a daily basis.
Darkinreadsshit
Dnf 50%
Damn this sucks! The idea was really great so I was incredibly disappointed when the execution was terrible.
To sum it up, the entire thing feels cheap and badly constructed, the pacing is AWFUL (and that's something I rarely care about) and none of the characters' actions make sense.
Literary
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Issaura’s Claws, written by Katharine Wibell is the first book in the three book Incarn series. The story is set in the kingdom of Elysia, an island inhabited by two races: humans and theriomorphs. The novel focuses on themes of racial divides, trust, friendship and gender stereotyping. Interwoven are legends and traditions, gods, and mythical creatures. All are called to work together when the kingdom comes under threat.

The setting for Issaura’s Claws is the kingdom of Elysia. Although outwardl
Maya Powell
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Issaura’s Claws was written by Katharine E. Wibell and published by Phaesporia Press in 2016.

Wibell centers on racism in this story. She tells how the theriomorphs are oppressed by the humans and how, as a result, both groups don’t trust each other. She also tells how the two groups put aside there differences and work together to stop a new threat.

Lluava is the main character in this book. When the king announces a draft she volunteers to go not knowing that as a girl, she will not be trained t
Danny L Walling
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SIX STARS

If this book doesn't win the Best Book of the Year, then the judges didn't read it or they are dumb. What character development, I never seen an author do as well as Katharine. The story was outstanding and it kept you turning the pages and be prepared to lose sleep. There are many twist and turns and several surprises. The main characters are just GREAT and you will fall in love with them. Wish I could live in their time, just to see H/h mature. Said this before, but this book is a Mus
Natasha Clark-French
I loved this book! It was exactly what I needed. The writing was so incredible that even the melding of animal and human was completely believeable. I truly felt like I bonded with Lluava and even her "stupid young moments" had me shaking my head but holding my breath for her success too.

I will definitely be continuing this series, in fact I purchased books 2 and 3 before I was even done with this one.
Kathleen Cook
Never ending

This book had a good story mixed in it in places, but I felt like by the time I got to the 50% mark this story was never going to end.
I felt like the author had random thoughts that needed to be weaved into her tale.
The ending was just tossed out there. I found I finally just wanted this story to end.
Thank you for the book.
Jim Ingram
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Good plot and character development. Looking forward to reading the next installment and seeing how the story plays out. Would recommend to any fan of fantasy fiction.
Tarrant Smith
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Issaura's Claws is a wonderfully imaginative story from a very talented young author. The story is engaging and well paced.
Manda
Jul 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Slow and boring
Madeline Pierce
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story, really entertaining! Strong female character is Hunger Games meets Mulan.
Yusdelmys Barzaga
Mar 18, 2019
Rhonda Terrell
Feb 21, 2019
Katharine Wibell
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviewed By Ankita Shukla for Readers’ Favorite

Jun 29, 2019
Amelia van den Berg
Mar 26, 2019
Katharine Wibell
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jim Painter
Feb 13, 2019
Cori Byrd
Dec 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Sweetheart in Paris
  • Resisting the Rancher (Hills of Texas, #2)
  • A Snow Globe Christmas (Ornamental Match Maker Series #5)
  • For the Love of Laura Beth
  • A Pilgrimage to Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance #1)
  • Secondhand Hearts (Peak City Romance Book 1)
  • Taming Scrooge
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit (Echo Ridge Romance)
  • A Me and You Thing
  • Cats Never Forget: Magical Cool Cats Mysteries Short Story
  • The Songs That Brought Me Back (The Songs #2)
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • Katie's Highlander (Highlander Protector, #3)
  • Awakening Avery (A Second Chance Romance #3)
  • Love's Journey Home (Lincoln Love Stories #2)
  • Snow and Mistletoe Box Set
  • The Rogue Warrior (Navy SEAL Romances 2.0)
From a very young age, stories and storytelling pursued me like a child’s imaginary friend. I created make-believe characters for every toy that my sister and I owned. Each had an individual personality, back-story, hopes, dreams, and reason for being. The villains were even more intriguing than the heroes and heroines. Why were they so evil? Had something horrible happened to them in their past? ...more

Incarn Saga (2 books)
  • Ullr's Fangs (The Incarn Saga, #2)