Start by marking “HSTQ: Winter 2017” as Want to Read:
HSTQ: Winter 2017

HSTQ: Winter 2017

(HST Quarterly #5)

horror, adj: inspiring or creating loathing, aversion, etc.

sleaze, adj: contemptibly low, mean, or disreputable

trash, n: literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality

Welcome to HST Quarterly, the curated collection from Horror, Sleaze and Trash.
Unbound, 24 pages
Published December 21st 2016 by Horror, Sleaze and Trash

To ask other readers questions about HSTQ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HSTQ

Melki
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zines, pure-poetry
Every Seven Seconds Men Think About Sex *

8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}

- From Traveling the Range of a Male Thought
by Bob McNeil

Look forward to Saturday SEX
Sleep in front of the premium cable SEX
Start chores for another week of SEX
Have a realization about SEX
7 seconds later, have another thought about SEX
And how it relates to SEX
Tell my lady that I have other thoughts
Besides SEX

8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}8==D~{(.)}

SEX, SEX, SEX . . .

That's all these poems ever think about. They'
Arthur Graham
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
'Twas my distinct privilege to compile this for Horror, Sleaze and Trash. Would've given it full marks were it not for the inclusion of two really bad poems by Arthur Graham. I guess when you're editor, you can get away with that kind of shit.
Janie C.
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Plenty of entertaining sleaze and trash, but I couldn't find the horror. Maybe it was in Arthur's laundry.
Leo Robertson
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I interviewed Arthur about this book and more, and you can listen here!

I got off to every poem. In fact, I now identify as a poem. You may refer to me with poem/poems/poemself pronouns. Poems poem—by which I mean, poems poem, like, the poem poemself wrote, was one of my favourites. (You tell me I'm using my own pronouns improperly I swear ta f I'll—)
Poem popoempoemp poem pome poem pome it's such a stupid word, right? Exactly.
Jason
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, poetry
Another fantastic collection of rude and disgusting poetry that is ideally read out loud in an old folks home. The usual culprits have added 1 or 2 poems to the collection. Mr A. Graham, bless him, starts off trying to knock some sense into those who do not love Trump. There is something about Johnny Scarlotti's poetry that brings the child out in me, he is no ruder than anybody else but for some reason I snigger more with his than any of the others.

New in this collection is something from Leo X
Rodney
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-author
Sleazier and trashier than the last one! I look forward to reading this every quarter. My favorites this time around:
Thoughts for Today by Arthur Graham (yeah, I know, this is technically the intro, not a poem)
#YesAllPoems by Leo X. Robertson
Keen by Christopher P.P. White
Saying Goodbye to Your Lover by Kerney Bee
Igrowastreesgrow
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, free
I really enjoyed this collection. Entertaining until the last piece. I'm really glad that I was lucky enough to read this. I honestly can't wait for the next set to come out. I hope others enjoy it as much as I did.
Harry Whitewolf
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
I like reading lots of different forms of poetry, and am always open to trying new poets, so I'm enjoying these HST Quartlerlys, even though horror, sleaze and trash aren't typically the sorts of subjects I'd read. For an anthology, these poems work very well together to make a rather satisfying whole, which most definitely delivers what you would expect from HST: horrors such as Bren Newell's 'you could be ted bundy', and sleaze and trash like Karina Bush's 'Unchristian'.

Many of these poems re
G. Brown
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scandalous headline: It's 2016 and People Still Write Poetry.

But this is obviously fake news, like any article that makes Hillary Clinton appear to be anything less than a blessed angel sent to Earth to save the common man from their own paychecks.

But here's the real headline: It's 2016 and WE STILL NEED POETRY.

Let that sink in for a minute. Poets have been trying to cure society for a long, long-ass time. But you won't take the time to pick up even a small chapbook and give it a chance. Jet f
Rebecca Gransden
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was just scrolling through emails and one informed me that I have spent 336 hours playing Fallout 4. What I’m saying is time is a trickster and although this is no great revelation when it looks straight at you you better meet its gaze. I’ve just spent some time with this and my only complaint is that it needs more Oscar the Grouch. Apart from that the leakage of various kinds shakes up a frothy cocktail of wrong. Another collection stripping the world of its airs and hammering home its absurd ...more
Jack Stark
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, short-stories
Filth.
India
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This issue of the quarterly had more poems that made me laugh and god do I love a good laugh.
Joseph Spuckler
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Horror Sleaze Trash Quarterly. Lives up to its name and delivers palate cleansing(?) poetry to get one through dreary nights.
A. Blumer
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Damn, this quarterly filled me with some pleasantly vile feelings. It was fucked up and funny, with poems ranging from ridiculous to painfully real. I can honestly say I enjoyed every piece and read some of them several times... winter quarterly, definite win!
Brian Rosenberger
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Horror Sleaze Trash Quarterly Winter 2017
www.horrorsleazetrash.com

Great B/W photo cover. Tastefull even. Or is that tasty?

Arthur Graham offers some great points in his 10 Things to do Besides Worrying Who's President column. My favorites were:
• Get Offline
• Go Outside
• Have a Wank
• Find a Skank
• Get Drunk and Sit on the Face of the Person You Love
• Enjoy Some Fucking Poetry Instead

All sound suggestions by themselves or in combinations.

My favorite poems were written by:

Mather Schneider - Intervi
Cassandra Fay
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I'm definitely addicted to these
I skipped the longer poems though, some of em are sad, others are super smutty, some are both?
David
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's some good stuff in this one. Always does me good to see the kind of realness that people so often forget can be in poetry. Beautiful things aren't always pretty and plenty of life is that way too. Good to remember.
Kent Winward
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life isn't pretty, but it sure is grand. I think that is the gist of what I read in this Winter Collection of 2017. There is the ugly, the venal, the puffed up, the poetic urges, the body urges, and somehow the beauty of life shines through.
Casey Kiser
Mar 03, 2017
Sharkkattackk_Books
Nov 05, 2017
J.J. Campbell
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jeremy Maddux

• anti+poet
  • Wild Mushrooms: Poems of Change
  • From Where I Stand
  • Verses That Hurt: Pleasure and Pain from the POEMFONE Poets
  • Cutting the Soul: A Journey Into the Mental Illness of a Teenager Through the Eyes of His Mother
  • Myths and Rhymes

Arthur Graham is a professional editor/writer currently residing in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is an accomplished noveler, storyist, and publishite by all accounts. His work has been unfairly compared to that of Charles Bukowski, William S. Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, and Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. Once a promising purveyor of fine literary fiction, he has since been reduced to churning out chapbooks ins

HST Quarterly (10 books)