Start by marking “Broken Beautiful Hearts” as Want to Read:
Broken Beautiful Hearts

Broken Beautiful Hearts

Her heart has to break before it can open.

When star soccer player Peyton Rios receives an offer from her first-choice college, senior year starts off exactly as planned. But when Peyton uncovers her boyfriend’s dark secret, she confronts him―and finds herself falling down a flight of stairs. Peyton’s knee―and maybe her dream of going pro―is shattered. Everyone is talking:
Published February 6th 2018 by Imprint

jessica
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i dont know whats wrong with me. i abhor violence. i cant stand it and there is no good excuse for it. so why on earth did i just fall in love with an MMA fighter?!

honestly. owen is soooo dreamy, i cant even right now. there is just something about that fact that he can be so brutal with his hands in the ring, but then so tender with them when hes with peyton. the 5 stars are for him alone.

and i would probably rate this a little lower if i wasnt so in love with owen because i really cant stand
emma
i hated this book so much that when i was 10 pages away from the ending, i put it down for a week and didn't read anything else.

this was such a bad reading experience for me that a few minutes more of it seemed impossible.

review to come / 1 star

------------

the ONLY circumstance in which i would EVER read a book that proclaims itself a "drama-filled, compulsively readable romance" is if i received that book in the cutest-ever Valentine's Day package from Macmillan, and also seven months had passe
P.C. Cast
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, especially as I know it was inspired by abuse the lovely author, Kami Garcia, survived when she was a teenager. I love how strong the heroine, Peyton, is - though Kami allows her to make age appropriate mistakes she never backs down and refuses to allow her abuser to continue to manipulate her. It was easy to identify with and to cheer for Peyton. TEENAGE GIRLS NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. Highly, highly, recommend.
Katie McGarry
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read with a hero that I loved!!!
Jennifer Kyle
DNF @ 46 Percent

Very strong start but I’ve found myself bored with the new school etc. I may return…

Joce (squibblesreads)
This was ok. Great in some places but definitely had typical lipstick-wearing mean cheerleader girls and “not like them” vibes. The villainous character was an awful person but not multifaceted at all besides one detail and seemed overblown and cartoony at times (although the issues covered were important).
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/Broken-Beautif...

4-4,5 STARS

Kami Garcia delivers a poignant,heartwarming and sweet story!I was hooked from the beginning and there were many things I enjoyed in this story!The writing was beautiful, the plot interesting and the characters were great!I haven't read before a book from Kami Garcia and I'm happy that I finally did it, because I loved it!

description

Everything about it felt realistic and I could easily keep up with the story!Peyton was a difficult heroine in m
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, books-i-own
Once again, I have come across a novel that has me suffering the consequences today of staying up past midnight as I needed to finish reading the book before I went to sleep. I could not (and would not) put it down and this book was read in essentially one sitting (maybe two).

This novel was complicated, emotional, all consuming, and beautiful. It really was a page turner from the very first page. It encompasses all the emotions and struggles that teenagers can face in high school whether it be
Alyssa
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Beautiful Broken Hearts by Kami Garcia
Publisher: Imprint Reads
Publication Date: February 6, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy from the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Before, Peyton was a star soccer player with the perfect boyfriend, Reed. Now, she has a torn knee ligament, a scholarship on the line, and a shattered sense of self. No one believes Reed pushed her, causing her injury, and Peyton just wants to leave the trauma behind. Living wi
mith
you can check out my review on my blog as well!
---
This just in: Kami Garcia’s books are not for me, sadly.

I was so looking forward to Broken Beautiful Hearts. I’d enjoyed her first solo contemporary novel to a point, so I was hoping that this would be better. But it… actually ended up being worse? It was actually painful to get through this one and, gosh, it was such a disappointment.

The first thing that ruined the book for me was the writing. It just was not good. Throughout the entire novel,
Fares
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book has a couple of high points that are 5 stars worthy, spaced out with a 1 star rant worthy pages.
I so want to say it all right here and now, but I don't have the energy XD
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really excited to be contacted to review the audio book! For awhile I didn’t care for audio books but I’ve come to realize that they are so convenient. The narrator is Brittany Pressley—whose narrated books from The Heir by Keira Cass to Bella Frost and Carolyn Brown. The words from Broken Beautiful Hearts as heard from Brittany, is beautiful, as she was really able to catch the essence of the book.

The story started off strong but my main problem was with Peyton throughout most of the nov
Diana
Feb 09, 2018 added it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
Seems like I am having trouble finding a book I like. This one seemed interesting enough, but I found out it is another high school novel in which the main character, a girl called Peyton, gets out of an abussive relationship resulting in a serious knee injury, and moves away with some family members because she is being targeted with hate messages.
And then, in the new place, almost instantantly, we meet the new guy-to-be-more, a chap called Owen. But he also fights professionally, like the ex d
Trina (Between Chapters)
This is about a girl who leaves an abusive boyfriend at the beginning of the book and works through the fall out. Although it contains this hard subject, the book focuses more on her moving and finding new friends and romance, which made it easy to read. (I've been through an abusive romance that had many similarities.)

I did really enjoy how it touched on the issues that come with speaking up. She loses her best friend, no one besides her mom believes her about what happened, and she's stalked a
Lauren
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I love Kami Garcia's books and I love YA contemporary so it was a no-brainer for me to add Broken Beautiful Hearts to my TBR pile. I had heard mixed things about it; however, I was hopeful that I would enjoy it.

As it turns out, I'm so glad I gave Broken Beautiful Hearts a try. This book is the perfect combination of heartbreaking and heartwarming. I laughed, I smiled, I cried...I honestly wish it would've went on for ever, that's how much I enjoyed Peyton's story.

Peyton was hands down my favor
Lisa
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, arc
Although this story had a lot of movement and pull to keep me reading, it wasn’t enough to mask weak characterization and an unbelievable turn of events. I appreciated the attention brought to violence in relationships, but other than that this book breaks no new ground. It’s sadly predictable in every way.
Lindsay
Dec 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, did-not-finish
I was stoked to read this book because like Peyton, I was involved in an accident caused by someone else that ruined my knee and life. I thought I could relate to her. I thought this story would be powerful and inspiring, but I was wrong. I didn’t finish at 30% because the story and characters were awful. The story started off with Peyton reminiscing about her boyfriend of seven or so months and how he illegally fights underground for money. She just received her college acceptance letter to UNC ...more
Jenn
I knew I was going to love this book by the end of the first paragraph. The ending of just one line had me connecting with the main character, Peyton, on a real level.

"...and popcorn without butter is just corn."

description

But on a more serious note, this book dealt with some heavy issues from losing a parent to performance enhancements to the most serious, domestic abuse. Garcia tackles them all with a cast of characters who were real and who I adored (except the crazy ex).

The book opens with Peyton fin
Kayla
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. The plot was really good and thought out so well and the romance was amazing, the chemistry was really good between the couple and I liked the characters as individuals too.
Annie Brewer
Holy crap! I loved this book! I'd never read this author, not even the Beautiful Creatures series even though I have them in paperback. I picked this up at B&N for the cover and then the blurb interested me so I bought it. I started it right away, became hooked and spent all off Saturday reading it.
The writing was compelling. The characters were amazing. The plot was unique. I didn't want to stop reading. I felt my heart shatter and flutter and break some more right alongside Owen and Peyton
Karen Mc
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

”A striker has to have guts and take risks. You have to know when to pass or take the shot.”

There’s nothing more THRILLING than meeting an author’s words for the first time. It’s a HUGE HIGH. In a matter of minutes after meeting her words, Kami Marin Garcia rose to the top of my list of favorite YA romance authors and is a new top author of mine.

When you end a story crying, you know it’s a story that speaks to the soul. Kami Garcia’s words SLAYED MY SOUL!!! I couldn’t put Broken Beautiful
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Broken Beautiful Hearts promised that it would break my heart and put it back together again, and it did just that. This book was an emotional roller coaster that was full of so many interesting twists and turns. Reading this book reminded me why I love Kami Garcia's writing so much!

A large portion of the plot focuses on abusive relationships. I have no personal experiences with abusive relationships, but it is so important to have these topics brought up in books. I felt like the author handled
Misha Carlstedt Robinson
A sweet book with likeable characters. There was something missing that kept it from being a five-star read for me, but it was a well-written and enjoyable story that I would recommend.
Sabrina
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I don't normally read contemporary romances but I wanted to give Broken Beautiful Hearts a try and I'm glad I did. The book is hard to read at times. Peyton is an abusive relationship and one day, her boyfriend pushes her down a flight of stairs. She tells everyone but no one believes her. She has to move to a new town and try to rediscover herself and heal. This book deals with abusive relationships and recovery. This i
Jessica
I felt like this one tried a little too hard to address several serious issues at once, while somehow addressing none of them properly, if that makes any sense. Still, books like this one are why I like contemporary YA. I loved Peyton, Owen and the twins and the romance was cute and swoony and made me smile.
Stacie (Shy Book Nerd)
This was such a great book, and while it wasn’t my favorite of Kami’s I still really enjoyed it. Kami really knows how to make sparks fly between a couple and she surely did that with Peyton and Owen. Their chemistry just blew me away. It was so sexy at times I had to fan myself. They both had their insecurities but they learned to talk it out and trust each other. The only reasons why I marked it down a star was because of all the guys constant need to fight. You don’t always need to fight to r ...more
Meekachii
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This isn't your typical cute contemporary ya novel. It deals with some hard topics. I am so glad that this book showcased a strong, level headed girl that stuck to her story no matter the consequences. It's so important that people see this in characters and see that it's not okay to be treated the way Peyton was in this book. Even though there was some angsty high school drama and some typical tropes, I found this contemporary novel a breath of fresh air from the ones that I usually find myself ...more
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
I won this in a Goodreads giveaway a very long time ago. Yeah, I dropped the ball with this one but I did finally get to read it and enjoyed it! If you liked The Lovely Reckless, you'll love this one too. I found that I enjoyed this one even more. The plot flows nicely, hitting some hard topics at times but dealing with them nicely. The romance was sweet and the characters were well rounded. What more could you ask for in a contemporary romance?
Kay
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Peyton believes in perfect days, and this day is shaping up to be perfect. Until her knee is shattered and all of her dreams might be too.

The day Peyton is accepted to her dream college for soccer, everything seems to be going right. And then, when nothing else could go wrong, she discovered her "perfect" boyfriend has been taking steroids, and, in a fit of rage, pushes her down concrete stairs, shattering her knee and potentially taking away her soccer dreams. And then it gets even worse--nobod
Rachel
2 STARS FOR "BROKEN BEAUTIFUL HEARTS" BY KAMI GARCIA

I used to believe that everyone gets one perfect day sometime in their lives—if they were lucky. But I had it all wrong. We don’t get one perfect day. We get a lifetime of imperfect days, and it’s up to us to decide what we want to do with them.

Broken Beautiful Hearts is the first book I've read in a long time from Kami Garcia, and unfortunately it won't be making my list of recommendable YA fiction. The subject matter of this book is one th

• On Solid Ground (In Too Deep, #2)
  • Only a Breath Apart
  • Promise To Defend (Rescue Ops #2)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • We'll Fly Away
  • His Heart
  • Between Takes
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • This Is Not A Love Letter
  • Truly Madly Royally
  • Dashing through the Snow: A Sexy, Snowy Christmas Tale
  • Pretty in Punxsutawney
  • Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1)
  • Prince in Disguise
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. She is the coauthor of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, which has been published in 51 countries and 37 languages, with over 10 million copies in print. In 2013, Beautiful Creatures released as a feature film from Warner Brothers. Kami is a cofounder of the YALLFEST kid lit book festival and the author of five solo ...more
“I want a happily even after. The kind of happiness you have to earn. The kind you find after a broken heart or an injured knee. After a mistake that feels impossible to fix. It’s the even after part that matters. I already have the happy part.” 12 likes
“Losing him made me realize that we can’t control everything that happens in life. The universe has its own plans and we don’t get a vote.” 9 likes