Start by marking “Ally (Nemesis #2)” as Want to Read:
Ally (Nemesis #2)

Ally

(Nemesis #2)

Princess Sepora of Serubel and King Tarik of Theoria have formed an uneasy truce between their kingdoms since the deadly plague began to rip through Theoria. Since their feelings for each other are entangled in politics and power, they must use their own trusted resources to find common ground.

But when traitors with powerful allies arise from unexpected places, Tarik and S
Published October 3rd 2017 by Feiwel & Friends

Start your review of Ally (Nemesis #2)
Tristen
Feb 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: gimme-now
I'm really not liking this cover -_-
ju_9
Nov 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
I always do this to myself I read the book when it first come out then I have to wait a year for the next !!!!!! Why !!!!!!
Minni Mouse
This book was a mess. Congratulations, book, on being my worst read of 2017.

It's like we tried to follow the momentum of Nemesis's cliffhanger until the 40% mark where everyone in the writer's room decided, "Screw it -- let's finish off the shrooms, then write the rest of the book with our toes." Which leaves us with the first draft fan fiction that is Ally.

WHAT WENT WRONG
(view spoiler)
Ronda
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did enjoy the sequel to Nemesis and I do recommend both books, however, Ally seemed a little rushed in places and what could have been great build ups to some powerful events simply didn't happen. Some things that did happen didn't have any strength behind them and I feel these lead to mis-opportunities for the reader.

I love the characters, both Tarik and Sepora both have strength and I readily believed in their roles. I loved the story line, the worlds are amazing and the plot
Lauren
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pub-macmillan
Bookish Penguin
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
2,5*, I am a bit sorry tho!

I started this book with being sure I wouldn't like it because I didn't like the first book at all but after 100 pages I had to admit that it wasn't so bad.
Sounds good? Wait.
After another 100 pages I realised it isn't actually good. It was kinda bad because so much things happened and none of them where explained the way they should be. This book should have been way much longer and the relationship between our main characters was also pretty bad and annoying to read.
Alessandra
Feb 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Is it the final cover?? I can't believe it, it doesn't match the first one! Even the font is different.. very disappointed!! :-(
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0

*Thoughts*

Ally, by author Anna Banks, is the second part of the Nemesis duology. One final time we dive back into the lives of Princess Sepora of Serubel and King Tarik of Theoria. Banks alternatives each chapter between the two characters, which pretty much means they get equal storylines. As the story picks up, Sepora has chosen not to Forge any more spectorium, but there are those who are eager for her to continue. Like her own father.
Iris
I have very mixed feelings about this book...
Melissasfandomworld
3.5 stars.

Even though I extremely love the characters in this duology, I feel like a lot of things within this story-line should've been developed more since there's a lot of awesome elements presents, which isn't being talked about much so that feels kind of superficial?

It felt like a bit too much of everything put within this one final book that might've been better off being written over the expanse of at least two books I think. There's so much more I've wanted to explore; the different ki
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.25/5

Review to come!
Hannah
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want this book. I want it now!!

*REVIEW UPDATE*
—————————

Whooo first book I have finished this year! I hit a reading slump and I didn’t even realise that this book had been released, so i was extremely excited to begin the sequel to a book which I didn’t expect to enjoy so much.

We start off the story where nemesis ended. Sepora is now set to marry Tarik -the Falcon King- Queen Hanlyn and King Erin -Seporas parents- are now residing in Theoria, in the Palace. The quiet plague is still causing d
Olivia
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Ally" was a fantastic sequel to Nemesis and wrapped up the series perfectly- I'm really sad to see how cleanly it was all completed, because I've grown to love these characters. Here, we witness the aftermath of the engagement of Sepora and Tarik and the five kingdoms on the verge of war. There are a lot of twists and turns that I did not anticipate here, so I won't say too much about the plot so as to avoid spoilers.

Sepora and Tarik both grow as characters in this book, and we again get the c
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ally by Anna Banks
(Nemesis, #2)
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: October 3, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance copy of Ally for an honest review.

Ally is everything I could possibly want in a final book! It has action, magic, snark, and romance. I love all the characters and especially Sethos (can’t wait to get more from him). This book is mostly told from a rotating POV. This is a must read that is such a cool, unique, fun, fantasy book
Monique V
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
So creative and unique!!
4.75/5 stars

I LOVED the first book but this definitely topped it!! It was incredible. This book is filled with more politics, more kingdoms and cultures and kickbutt women! It wasn't perfect but I still had so much fun reading it! Go read this duology guys it's so good.

Note to author:CAN THERE PLEASE BE A SPINOFF FOLLOWING OTHER KINGDOMS IN THIS SAME WORLD!!! I would specially like to see the women kingdom with dragons be featured in a spinoff, or following the weather ma
Cheryl
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really have to stop reading books, especially firsts in a series, when the next one doesn't come out for months and months. Crap. Also, not a big fan of the cover, I was really hoping for Tarik, similar to Sepora on the first one.
Jeninne
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I want to make it very clear I feel baited by this book.

Because for at least half the book I felt like it was going to be absolute shit. It was 150 pages of rehashing the same bland, boring character who distinctly lack personality or anything interesting, melded in with a plot that seemed to be veering off course suddenly while simultaneously going no where at all, all the while the writing was as uninspired, mediocre, and predictable as usual. Oh, Anna Banks, you never fail to remind me what a
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC from a fellow blogger in a fair trade. This review is completely voluntary and honest, nor was I compensated for my opinions.

While I had a hard time getting into Nemesis, that was not the case for the followup, Ally! Anna Banks starts things off with a bang and there was a nice run of action, tension, and buildup! For me it was a far more engaging read and I couldn’t get enough of it!

Sepora and Tarik are set to get married, but as Tarik was a bit deceptive and his motives not
Maira
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The ending made me happy, so I guess there is nothing else. All the things wrap up nicely in the end.
Fathima
OMG!

This book! Why hadn't I read this sooner?!
So good!❤

RTC as soon as I can speak coherently😂😂😂
nat.
Oct 06, 2017 added it
Aline
Aug 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, fantasy, 2018
Disappointment of the year.
What happened there!?
This was no comparison to the first book...
Was this really written by the same author!?

Everything was so off! The people behaved weird, some scenes were so freaking weird, the plot was weird, the romance was weird 😒

I‘m so disappointed. I really liked the first book and I think the world is interesting, but geez. I read half the book before I couldn’t stand it any longer and I just skimmed through the rest.
Lulai
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
So let's be clear the romance was awful in this book. I like some angst and all but come on, there were both idiots at the end.
Neitherless, I really like the world building and the politic plot.
Janus the Erudite Artist
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My goodness! That was a hell of a good book!
Kate Tilton
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have so many feels about this book ❤ I couldn't stop thinking about it so I read it in two days! Read it!
Tams
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it
Grace P
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
While I was entertained by this, I was also annoyed just as much.
Tracey
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought it was a bit all over the place compared to the first one and I still have a few questions after the ending but nevertheless it was an enjoyable series.
Vanessaeliza99
Oct 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Amalie
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
I rarely rate books one star, but with this I feel like I had no choice. It really pains me as well, because Nemesis was one of my favorite books the year it came out.

This was just a mess from beginning to end, and this review will be short, because I am too angry about the whole thing to write in detail.

My main problems:
1. All telling, no showing
Every major plot point was covered in a very specific way. One chapter would end with a cliff
hanger, then the resolution would be narrated in the
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Cursed Sea (The Glass Spare, #2)
  • Between Burning Worlds (System Divine, #2)
  • Rebellin der Nacht (Silberschwingen, #2)
  • Fireblood (Frostblood Saga, #2)
  • Die Gabe des Winters
  • Das ewige Feuer (Izara, #1)
  • Ein Augenblick für immer (Die Bücher der Lügenwahrheit, #1)
  • Ruf der Dunkelheit (Soul Mates #2)
  • Die Welt wird brennen (Ophelia Scale, #1)
  • Liebe mich nicht (GötterFunke, #1)
  • Göttliches Blut (Warrior & Peace, #1)
  • Sturmluft (Izara, #3)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • Palace of Fire - Die Kriegerin (Palace-Saga #3)
  • Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
  • Für immer verloren (Sturmtochter, #2)
  • Der Fluch des dunklen Prinzen
  • Keine Ahnung, ob das richtig ist
New York Times Bestselling author of The Syrena Legacy series.

Grew up in a town called Niceville. No, seriously. And yes, everyone from Niceville is generally nice.

Let's see, things about me....My writer's cat is a mini wiener dog named Puckdoo. I can't walk in high heels, but I'm amazing at standing still in them. I'm the only person in Florida without a tan. I stole a car when I was 12 years o

Nemesis (2 books)