Start by marking “The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)” as Want to Read:

The Risk

(Mindf*ck #1)

They took too much.
Left too little.
I had nothing to lose...until him.
*****************
~Lana~
I didn't expect him.
I didn't want to fall in love.
But I can't let him go.
Logan Bennett makes the world a safer place.
He's brilliant.
He's a hero.
He locks away the sick and depraved.
But while he's saving lives, I'm taking them. Collecting the debts that are owed to me.
Ten
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Risk, please sign up.

Start your review of The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
Candace
Holy hell! This book was fantastic! I had never heard of S. T. Abby before now, but she has blown me away with this book. This is one twisted and fascinating story. I will be one-clicking her releases from this point forward.

The first in a series of five serials, 'The Risk' was suspenseful and utterly addicting. I could not put this super short book down. Once you've finished the first one, you're going to want to delve into the next book immediately. Luckily, the entire series has been
A.
4.5 STARS

OH. MY. GOD.

This is so fucked up and twisted.
And so good.
The storyline is phenomenal.

And I'm going straight to Hell for loving it so much.

What is wrong with me?

I can't believe I loved it so much.
I can't believe I'm rooting for a serial killer.
I can't believe I enjoyed the actual torture and kills.

On to the next one!

“Hush little baby, don’t say a word. Momma’s gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don’t sing, Momma’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.”

Bibi
This 5-book series has to be the best sinister-suspense I've read in a long while. Guys, please do not miss this.

Superb writing, crisp plot, amazing heroine! Brilliant! The first book is free on Amazon, I guarantee you'll one-click the heck out of the remaining serials.
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Solid beginning.
Off to read book two.

Spoiler-free review for entire series can be found HERE
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Fanf*ckingtastic Stars

photo mindblown_zpsxkekvap4.gif

What would you do if you were in the middle of your revenge killing spree?? Why you would start dating an FBI agent that specialises in profiling and catching serial killers of course, well duh!

Lana Myers life is fucked messed up but it's hard not to be on her side, she is determined to finish these acts of vengeance and not just for herself. She is a badass, I love her attitude and her sarcastic humour.

game on photo gameoncocksuckers_zps2urp48cd.gif

Logan is awesome, hot, sweet and has no idea what or who he is
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

‘THE RISK' is the first book in S.T. Abby’s ’Mindf#ck’ series. New to me Author, spoken in ‘Dual perspectives’ In this we meet Lana and Logan Bennett

Lana is the girl that was left for dead, that should've stayed dead but that's not how this story goes, like a Phoenix rising she’s after revenge, working down a long list of names that will not know what’s coming for them.

When two opposites attract you know it’s like
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

I can tell that I'm going to adore this series already! My good friend, Karla, recommended it to me a while ago, but I haven't been able to squeeze it in until now. I'm so happy that I finally did, because I fucking loved it! I hope to come back with more of a review, but for now, I'll leave you with something short and sweet.

Read it!! This shit is good!!

BR with Em!
Alex ♈
Sometimes people don’t find justice.
Sometimes they have to take it.

Reread July, 2018.

B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.!
Sophia Triad
"You're supposed to be dead."
"You should have killed me deader."

...and just like that I am officially hooked on this story of revenge

This series has some amazing reviews from some of my good friends and fellow readers in goodreads.
And this was the only thing that I knew about it, before I started it.

And then I did started it. And wow! Totally mind-blowing!

The story is built in small pieces like a puzzle:

1. A serial killer that attacks lonely, handsome, young, successful males. After they are
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
 photo 9A81DD30-7CD3-4AF4-B326-2796990C9725_zpsa4cdbnty.gif

Thank god there's no waiting to get to the next book....... that ending though.....

Okay, I've loved a lot of dark reads, but this one, I think this series might just top the list.

I'm falling for Logan Bennett, but mostly my heart hurts at how hurt he is gonna be when this all comes out. I am so looking forward to how this plays out. He is hot, he is sin and pleasure wrapped in a package
 photo E3312595-E2D5-461B-AF87-6D90AD59CA76_zpsfwlymmnj.gif
And how about the crazy, intense, beautiful package of aka Lana Myers. Wow how do you even begin to write
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/3/2017)

Book 1. Series complete.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Risk-Mindf-ck-...
BLURB:
They took too much.
Left too little.
I had nothing to lose...until him.
~Lana~
I didn't expect him.
I didn't want to fall in love.
But I can't let him go.
Logan Bennett makes the world a safer place.
He's brilliant.
He's a hero.
He locks away the sick and depraved.
Ten years ago, they took from
Nazanin
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nazanin by: Karla
Shelves: dark, romance, suspense, 2016
3.5 Ice Princess or Pretty Girl? Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s the first installment in the "Mindf*ck" series and ends with a cliffhanger. I liked the writing but the plot wasn’t as mindf*ck as I expected! Yes, it was dark but I needed something more, I got a bit bored. I liked both MCs but liked Logan a bit more. Considering all the good reviews it was just me (lately I wasn't in a good mood really). Overall, I liked it and hope you enjoy it as well!
Thanks so much, dear Karla for
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing

HOLY SHIIIIT! OMG that was sooooo crazy! Ahh I LOVE everything about this fucked up story and thank God, I have other 4 books in my Kindle, otherwise I'd lose my freaking mind. Gah! Okay, I'm going to read next book. Bye! :-D
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

THE RISK was a book that I fully expected to hate, so you can imagine my surprise when it actually ended up being a cat-and-mouse game of awesomeness. Lana is a female serial killer who's systematically dismembering and murdering the dudes who abused her when she was young. Logan is an FBI agent who specializes in bringing killers like her to justice. The two of them are dating, and Lana knows exactly who and what he is. Logan does not,
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the author: “I know this shit is fucked up, so don’t bother writing to tell me I’m twisted in the head”.

From me: Yep. You got that right. You totally own it.

Logan Bennett - F.B.I.
Lana Myers - Serial Killer

Never in the history of book titles has their EVER been a more appropriate book title.
This is the best, most appropriate, book title in the history of ever.
Tomorrow I’m cancelling everything. I need to read book 2

5 I’m mindfucked, enthralledfucked and Wantmorefucked stars from me.

❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
"I love humanity but I hate humans."
—Albert Einstein

FULL REVIEW at the end of the series!!
Janie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This is a good beginning to this series. The author is slowly peeling back layers of each character, especially Lana. The ending was an oh shit moment. Actually a couple of them. On to book 2.
Ira
The heroine is a serial killer and the hero is FBI agent!
How about that?
K
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was such a great fun read! I love Lana’s character! I wish this book was a little longer though! Cant wait to read number 2!
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series could not have been titled any better! Because my mind is completely blown!

As I read along having bits and pieces of Lana’s life laid out it is beyond riveting. This heroine is one of the strongest I’ve ever read. Her level of intelligence, strength, patience, etc...is incredibly well written. Stayed on the edge of my seat.

Logan is the light to Lana’s dark. It is clear his strengths are the same as hers and there will come a point where they will be rivals.

This is such an
Carol
5 stars. MINDBLOWING.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one. Albert Einstein said that. My father always quoted Einstein as a way of explaining life when we struggled to understand it. I remember him quoting me that when our lives fell apart......
loved all the Einstein quotes

His eyes find mine, and he really does seem hopeful. He’s right. I do the same thing. But for completely different reasons. He serves justice the best he can. I serve revenge in the way it needs to
Lučka
~~~ 5 "WOW" stars~~~

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

I had this book on my Kindle for a month now and boy, I wish I had read it sooner. The suspense was almost like watching a movie.

We have Logan this FBI hottie, who's an excellent profiler and he's really good at catching serial killers. He's smart, sweet and a good guy through and through.
description

He's married to his job until he stumbles upon
Lana, our heroine. He's immediately taken by her and thinks she just might be perfect for him.
description

Oh,
BookSmacked
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow wow wow wow wow.

This book is the first release by ST Abby and man oh man. She knocked my socks off.
The storyline in this is like nothing I have read before why you ask?
Well, the "villain" I use that term loosely is a woman for once. How badass is that. This book is dark and has a lot of shock throughout the storyline. I couldn't help but get completely consumed by it.

A game of cat and mouse almost but the cat doesn't realize that the mouse he is
Monique
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 'paint it red' stars

I didn't know exactly what to expect...
I mean FBI agent and serial killer in romantic relationship sounds kind of weird and creepy.
But it's great, it's excellent, it makes sense. This book is crazy big time!!!

And don't get me wrong, I'm not some secret fan of serial killers, but I agree with Lana - Go get them, girl, and make those bastards scream!
Vaso
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I have to admit that I misjudged this series based on the cover. This is not another dark romance story. It is dark, but it is revenge dark. Lana has had an experience in her past that made her seeking for revenge. She bumps into Logan and tries to be "a normal girl" for a change.
But this is just the beginning....

4,5 stars
Karla
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free on Amazon **3/4/17**

Review at the end of the series!

Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Whyyyyyyyyyy did I start this series at 10:30 pm?!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyy??!! That cliffhanger sucker punched me omg no sleep tonight! Maybe I can buy my bosses a copy so they'll understand.... all for now on to the next
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
33155479._SY475_-1.jpg

Loving this one so much it was ever so intriguing with such a dark messed up tale to impart.
on the surface here we have Lana just an ordinary woman, but underneath that unassuming persona and hidden from sight is a girl with deep secrets and a penchant for vengeance against knows who have done her and her loved ones past harm.
When her agenda collides with FBI profiler Logan its the start of there journey together.
One that is at total odds with each other's personal goals.
Lana was sadistically
Jade Violet
I just lost my whole review so I'm gonna do my best to just shoot from the hip. Sometimes I struggle between giving a book 4 stars or just that one extra to make it a 5 star. If GR would let me I'd start out at 10 with this one and keep them coming. I have NEVER in my life gulped a book down so fast and with such hunger. And although I'm good with suspending disbelief and knowing in the back of my head a book is fictional, with this one, I really think I lost my whole moral compass. I mean it's ...more

• Gypsy Truths (All the Pretty Monsters, #6)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • Gypsy Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1)
  • Property of Drex #1 (Death Chasers MC, #1)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Property of Drex #2 (Death Chasers MC, #2)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Blood's Fury (Deadly Beauties, #1)
  • Axle's Brand (Death Chasers MC, #3)
  • Worth It
  • Naked or Dead
  • Void
  • Pieces of Summer
  • Credence

Mindf*ck (5 books)
  • Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
“I know this shit is fucked up, so don’t bother writing to tell me I’m twisted in the head. ;)      ” 25 likes
“I love humanity but I hate humans. —Albert Einstein” 17 likes