Start by marking “I Love You for Miles and Miles” as Want to Read:
I Love You for Miles and Miles

I Love You for Miles and Miles

Love can be stronger than the strongest excavator, longer than the longest train, and taller than the tallest crane. And no matter where you go, love travels with you always. With exciting imagery and engaging, lyrical text, Alison Goldberg and Mike Yamada's I Love You for Miles and Miles is an I-love-you book perfect for children who love things that go!
Published December 26th 2017 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You for Miles and Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You for Miles and Miles

Start your review of I Love You for Miles and Miles
Chana Stiefel
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Wonderful snuggle-time book for little ones who love transportation. Alison Goldberg's lyrical text and Mike Yamada's colorful illustrations will take little readers on a journey for miles and miles with a Papa bear who tells his cub, "My love for you is longer than the longest train...wider than the biggest rig...stronger than the strongest excavator...." Readers will zoom from land to sea to air, enjoying all of the various metaphors of love with their favorite things that go!
Jannie Ho
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet lullaby as we follow the Bears on a journey on various vehicles. A perfect way to say "I love you." It feels like a warm hug.
Baby Bookworm
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is I Love You For Miles And Miles, written by Alison Goldberg and illustrated by Mike Yamada, a unique vehicle-themed ode to the love between a mother and child.

A mother bear and her cub (no gender is specified for the latter) have a bond like no other. Her love for her baby is longer than the longest train, whose cars can stretch for miles and miles. It’s faster
Cheryl
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Love you for Miles and Miles will want you to keep reading and see where your love takes you. A fun take on linking the age old question from kids of "Do you love me?" with answers such as longer than the longest train, faster than the fastest fire truck and higher than the highest train. Perfect for little boys (and adventurous little girls) who are always on the go, yet want to know they are always loved. One that will be re-read at many bedtimes. Illustrations of a bear family always on the ...more
Jason June
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I traveled the miles and miles of love in this book in the best way. Each spread highlights a different vehicle that people see all over the world and ties the use of that vehicle to love. From semi-trucks to airplanes, from tugboats to excavators, each page will make you say "Awwwwwww" and picture your very own train of love stretching for miles and miles.
Gina Perry
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This will be a well-worn title for parents of young children, especially those who love vehicles and machines. The lush vistas and rhythmic text transport you to all different worlds - perfect before heading off to dreamland. I particularly liked the slow reveal about our adult character in the story. Subtle, but sweet. And my daughter picked up on it before I did!
Katey Howes
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect bedtime read for kids who love things that go, I Love You for Miles and Miles compares a parent & child bond to many familiar vehicles. Love soars with airplanes, stretches on for miles like a locomotive, and moves obstacles like an excavator in this brightly illustrated book. Bound to become a treasured favorite. ...more
Jessica Petersen
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really sweet and loving book to share with any transportation-loving kid! This book would be a great way to explain the concept of love -- and all the different ways it can be expressed -- to a young child.
Joy Keller
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If your child loves cars, trucks, and things that go, then this is the bedtime story for you! Goldberg's sweet text pairs perfectly with Yamada's exciting illustrations. It's a must-read for parents and little ones.
Kerri Kokias
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The perfect book for making a vehicle loving child feel loved.
Heather Preusser
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-pb
Sherri Duskey Rinker's GOODNIGHT, GOODNIGHT CONSTRUCTION SITE meets Julie Hedlund's MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN in this perfect ode to all things that go.
Rita
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, read-aloud
What a great read aloud for parents or grandparents to share with a child.
MaryLibrarianOH
Transportation ode to how much a parent loves a child.

From advance reader copy.
Emma Otheguy
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet lullaby book about love that goes on and on. A perfect introduction to metaphor for the pre-school set (and their bears).
Barbara
As Shakespeare once reminded us about romance, love is impossible to measure. Still, the parent narrating this story is determined to give several examples of just how large his/her love is for a child. The examples include a long train, a big rig truck, and a speedy fire truck, among others. Clearly, theirs is a steady love, and readers will feel reassured that no matter what happens, the love of a parent is unconditional. The fact that most of these examples feature machines and construction h ...more
Gaia Cornwall
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gentle read aloud with adorable illustrations. As it goes on, the story slows down and gets calmer both in prose and visuals which makes for a perfect bedtime book. A personal preference: I like that the character's genders aren't identified. They're just bears, which is welcome especially in a vehicle book.
Marcia
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
An adorable book—each page is filled with colorful details and interesting transportation action. An energetic mama bear takes her little cub on one adventure after another to prove her devotion. The stanzas, each beginning with: My love for you is… are lyrical and well thought out. Preschoolers are going to love this story at bedtime or anytime!
Ariel
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredibly sweet book about how much people can love, perfect for reading to a child before bedtime. The illustrations are bright and colorful images of different kinds of transportation, and the text reads like a lullaby.
Jane
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all ages
Very sweet, beautifully illustrated book that brilliantly combines love of vehicles with love for the reader. It made my heart feel warm, and I can't wait to share it with my toddler grandson, a truck enthusiast.
Stephanie
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Story a Parents Love and using a fun way of presenting it through different transportation vehicles- planes, trains, excavator as ways of transporting their love!
Perfect for baby program, toddlers or those little transportation lovers!
Barbara
This board book version of a larger text follows a parent and child as the parent provides reassurance of just how much that little one is loved. The love is expressed in rhyming text as the two travel to various scenes.
Daneen
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just OK--A sweet bedtime story for young children who love transportation.
Al
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Kids who like vehicles will enjoy this as there's a different one in each tableau
Peacegal
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
With a natural appeal for kids who love things that "go," and bright, appealing illustrations. This one will be given to plenty of youngsters on birthdays and holidays, as well as new parents.
Steph
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story for moms and dads to read to little ones, and I love the illustrations, too! =)
Casandria
A dad loves his son like transportation and construction vehicles do..their...jobs...? It'll be cute for certain dad-son pair bonding times.
Rajani LaRocca
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lyrical, heartfelt, lovely expression of a parent's love for a child through vehicle metaphors. I must-read for kids who love things that go and the parents who love them!
Donna Mork
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bear loves his baby longer than the trains, wider than the trucks, stronger than the tractors. Baby bear falls asleep.
E.
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely little book. Our son received it for St. Valentine's Day from his grandma and he delights in it.
Jeani
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute! Great for kids who like planes, trains, automobiles :)

• Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Every Color Soup
  • Click, Clack, Moo I Love You!
  • Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing