Start by marking “Rattle the Bones” as Want to Read:
Rattle the Bones

Rattle the Bones

(Vesik #6)

Much has been lost in the conflict with the Fae king and his allies, a conflict we hadn't known we were in until one of our own fell at his hand. And while a great Seal between realms may have been rebuilt, dark things slipped through in the chaos, creatures who would overrun this world. Our allies are many. Our enemies are terrible. And someone ate my last chimichanga des ...more
ebook
Published January 28th 2017 by Eric Asher (first published January 21st 2017)

Jonathan Wilson
4.5 Stars
TE
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rattle the Bones is just as awesome as the first 5 books in the series. There is a lot of action, suspense and drama. Damien's powers continue to change and grow and the line between friend and foe is often blurry as the battle continues against the enemies of mankind. Another good read from Eric Asher.

For those who want to know: This one has language, violence and gore.
A.M.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, i-own
Betrayal at the worst source has left both the human and the fae worlds reeling.
Falias, the enormous city of the fae, has broken into the human world and crushed out entire cities and millions of lives.
Military strategies are being considered against beings of immortality and magic. And tanks are outgunned when they face off against gods of earth and stone.
(view spoiler)
Soo
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, reviewed
3.5 Stars for Story, 4 Stars for Narration

Mini-Review:

If you enjoy Urban Fantasy, you should check out the Vesik series. I really enjoy the way William Dufris narrated the series. He fits Vesik to a T and does a decent job characterizing the others. Destroyer Rising #5 and this one make a complete story line. It definitely came off as one book chopped into two. There's a lot of action, a deeper glimpse into the Fae, Werewolves and Gods. Fun developments that promise to bloom into big events. Ves
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Audiobook Review
Story 5 Stars
Performance 5 Stars
Overall 5 Stars

Each book in this series is more intense, more rapid paced, and more deadly than the one before it. I am astonished at the mind of Eric Asher! How does he keep it all straight? The sheer number of characters not to mention the intricate back stories of each one. Wow!

The narrator delivers another stellar performance. William Dufris is absolutely amazing. He lends a unique and fascinating voice to each character.
The Vesik Series is han
Ginelle Blanch
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, this book was absolutely FULL of action. Never a dull moment for these characters. I feel pretty bad for them, on obstacle gets cleared and another immediately arises, I guess that's war for ya!

Full of emotion, camaraderie, and dark humor. Always surprising. I love how these characters aren't merely just friends, they're a very large, very diverse family.

The narrator couldn't possibly be more perfect for this series.

Can't wait to see what adventure the next book brings!
Ruby McDemon
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I've really come to love this series and this is another book that proves why. There is a great sense of humor mixed in with the seriousness and some awesome action and even a little bit of romance. I've loved listening to William narrate with his many voices and how real he makes the story become. As I've listened I've really gotten the feelings of the world and it just makes me love the story even more. I've no clue where this conflict is going but I do know I'm loving every moment of it.
Eric Evans
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sword-2018
I didn't like this as much as previous books. The story was good, characters even better it just didn't click with me like the previous ones. The aftermath of the betrayal is great along with fae vengeance.
Cheryl
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent well written story! Damian and friends are fighting a war and they have many friends some which are new and many enemies. You will meet some unusual friends and learn about past sacrifices and betrayals. Read and enjoy as I am ready to read the next book, “Witch Queen’s War”.
Susan Oconnell
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these.

I really do love this series. It's that combination of dark and funny that makes these books so enjoyable .
Angie Garcia
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't get enough. Just purchased the final in the series. I'm a little disappointed because it's s only 271 pages though. Regardless they are all fantastic!!!!!
Daniel Katz
I don't know why I came back for this one after my experience with rereading the series since it had been a while for book 4, but the same issues popped up. I'm done with this series.
Jamie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Another great book in the Vesik series! Can't wait for the next one :)
James Learman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not a bad book, getting a little repetitive on the battles. starting to feel like its getting stretched out
Dionus Jones
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense Action

What an unstoppable force of writing action! I so want to be Damian. His clumsiness only endears him to me more. Fighting for those you love too is an admirable trait. Wrap this series all up with magic, Faeries, blood witches and more, you've a reader-for-life. I can't wait for the next book in this series! Please don't make me wait too long.
Wendy Schindler
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highest praise for the 6th installment in the Vesik Series!!!

Eric R Asher is a wonderful storyteller with an out of this world imagination! You get to go on adventures with Necromancers, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, Titans, Seelie and Unseelie Fae, Undines, Cu-Siths, Old Gods and more!
Get the book - or books if you haven't already read them - now!
Jim
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic series

This series has me hooked. Just when you think it can't get bigger and better, it does. I am glad that it sticks with the main character and doesn't spend time writing from everyone's point of view. But that there are also tons of supporting characters so there is so much going on.
PortlandAvidReader
Great read

Eric Asher just keeps getting better. Love the whole Vesik series. Modern urban sword & sorcery. The levels of deceit and treachery are just delicious.
Susan
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Rattle the Bones is the sixth book in the Vesik series. This can be read as a standalone, but I highly suggest you read the books in order so you understand the entire background story since it starts where the previous book ends. While it does not end in a traditional cliffhanger, it is clear the story doesn't end here. There is a lot of violence and gore so 18+.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat that all of that info here. This story continu
kimmile
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

This book has characters you care about, and a good story. I didn't want the story to end. I want more Vesik and crew!
Heather
This world still holds such a draw for me, the new arcs - new characters and new places. The growth of the older characters added in with the introduction to the new and the changes to what we once believed. Eric Asher continues to weave a tale that holds the reader’s attention from the beginning pages to the end. Always mixing in humor with action and sarcasm with wit. This series has moved from being a "let’s see what it is" to a "must buy" or "pre-order" status with me - and I haunt audible w ...more
Angela
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's always bittersweet to read a Vesik novel. I'm so excited for the next adventure and I devour the book. Then I'm sad because I have to wait for more! It is so hard to read these books slowly because there is so much happening that you get caught up in the story and the next thing you know, it's over. I love all the characters and all the surprises that Eric Asher builds in. This has quickly become one of my favorite series. Right up there with The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
Ms Helen K Flack
Excellent adventure as usual, well worth reading.

Followers of the series won't be disappointed. Up to the standard of the earlier books in the series. Familiar characters show new sides. Vesik and friends take the story on further. Unputdownable and can't wait for the next one!
Shane Benson
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great edition

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and this book is no exception. And the author becomes a better writer with each book. Dialogue and character development have come a long way. I look forward to this series continuing for a long time.
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Left me wanting more

Good book, with some grammatical errors. Definitely worth reading. Make sure you have read the first five books, otherwise you won't know who's who.
Holly
Marty King
Dec 11, 2017
Shawn
Oct 18, 2018
  • The Wicked Dead (The Tome of Bill, #7)
  • Blood and Magick (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #3)
  • Oath of Swords and Sword Brother (War God #1+novella)
  • The Practical Guide to Trying Not to Die
  • Collision (The Secret World Chronicles, #4)
  • The Wulf Chronicles (WulfChron, #1)
  • Charlie Sullivan and the Monster Hunters: The Varcolac's Diary (Charlie Sullivan and the Monster Hunters, #1)
  • Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story
  • Spell Blind (Justis Fearsson, #1)
  • Unleashed (Dog Days, #3)
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Wild Side (The Temple Chronicles, #7)
  • Carousel Sun (Archers Beach, #2)
  • Outlaw: A Dark Fantasy Novel
  • Galen's Lovely Mate (Saber Chronicles, #4)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (8 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts
“the fairy,” 0 likes
“I watched the road as the sun fell lower in the sky, and the vampire god beside me nobly scarfed down a slider.” 0 likes