Start by marking “Loving Lady Dervish” as Want to Read:
Loving Lady Dervish

Loving Lady Dervish

After nearly five years of torment at the hands of society's worst gossips, Lady Phoebe Anson is finally making her escape, following her dream to author botany texts—even if she must pretend to be a man to do it. When her one-time friend, Lord Malcolm Gray, happens upon her at the Frost Fair and uncovers her plot, Phoebe refuses to let him ruin her life—again.

But Malcolm
ebook
Published February 9th 2017 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Loving Lady Dervish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Lady Dervish

herdys
It's kinda funny that I didn't realize I had already read a book by this author. The sad part is that I actually liked this novella better than her debut novel. Maybe there are less chances of messing things up if there are less pages..

I'm a sucker for the friends to lovers trope, especially stranded childhood friends, so I knew this novella would work for me. I appreciated that our heroine wanted to do something with her life and wasn't actually looking for a viscount to marry. I loved that he
Amanda

What I enjoyed most about this novella was the artistic/sciencey pursuits of the heroine, Phoebe. She had aspirations of becoming an illustrator for a renowned botanist and was determined to reach that goal no matter the vast array of obstacles that stood in her way. Phoebe was a force to be reckoned with and I loved her for it.
“You’re right. There are no guarantees. But even tomorrow is promised to no one. And though the world may be cruel, I’d rather take my chances in freedom than c
Andree
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I readily admit, totally here for a heroine with a dream to illustrate botany texts.

Not gonna lie, that's my favourite part.

I get that it's a novella - I knew that going in. I get that results in stuff being sped up. But in this case, it also resulted in the requirement for Phoebe's father to be literally the worst.

The romance is fast, but mitigated by childhood friendship and growing up together.

Fun, fluff. But in the end, I was not entirely sold.

The botanical stuff is pretty much the best part
Robin
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a well-written, enjoyable book. Lady Phoebe Anson has plans to earn her own living illustrating botany texts so she can avoid being forced into an arranged marriage by her father. She encounters Lord Malcolm Gray unexpectedly, who had been a friend from childhood, until he made her the subject of society gossip five years previously. Malcolm sees Phoebe in a new light and Phoebe asks him to help her with her plans for independence. This was a sweet, entertaining novella.
Tabetha Waite
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely novella of childhood friends turned something a bit more :)
Amy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Lady Dervish is a fabulous short story. It is a sweet romance with Malcolm and Phoebe. I loved it!
The audible version is wonderful too. The narrator has the perfect voice for it.
5 plus stars.
Tiffany
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Despite being a novella this story delivers. Malcom and Phoebe are quite adorable and I love that Phoebe has dreams and is actually going for them. A great short read that will stay with you.
Lisa Hutson
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving Lady Dervish is exactly what you expect from Heather Snow. Unique, surprising, brave, intelligent women. The men are always terrific as well. This story is fun and romantic. You will be happily surprised at all the story packed into this novella. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cynthia
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy of this book.

This story was charming. I found the hero and heroine to be adorable. I especially liked Malcolm and how once he figured out his feelings, he pursued Phoebe without being overbearing. I liked that Phoebe had her heart set to do something that was typically not done by women during the Regency era.

While being novella length, the romance didn't feel rushed and the characters were well developed.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

I have been a fan of the Veiled Seduction series since I cracked the first book open. The reason why is I love the characters and the writing. Heather Snow has a beautiful way with words, and her characters, the heroines especially, are strong, independent and smart. I must’ve missed this novella when it released as part of an anthology so I was really excited to be getting a new to me story by a favorite author I hadn’t read in a while.

LOVING LADY DERVISH is adorably charming! The her
Lilmissmolly
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Lady Dervish is a thoroughly enjoyable historical romance by Heather Snow. This is a short story in the Veiled Seduction Series where all the heroines are intelligent and confident women compared with the men who struggle to live up to their titles or the responsibilities thrust upon them. Loving Lady Dervish is no different.

This story revolves around Lady Phoebe Anson who plans to earn her living illustrating botany texts rather than being forced into an arranged marriage by her father.
Pat
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading listening to this book. I found myself smiling, laughing and even sad at a point. But the author pulled you in to want to know what happened to Phoebe.

Poor Phoebe, alone with a father who wants to sell her off to a man with means. Thus, giving him the opportunity to get a new wife who would possible bare him a son. But Phoebe has other plans. She in working on her freedom since she has reached her majority. A chance meeting with a childhood friend gives her the opportunity to
Virginia Tican
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spontaneous and free~spirited, artistic yet awkward Lady Phoebe had only one Season and it was painfully but unwittingly cut down by her old friend and only love, Lord Malcolm. That was 5 years ago, now both older and wiser at the Frost Fair, they met again under inauspicious yet puzzling circumstances (because of a piece of paper with the name P.A. Ellison printed on it unknowingly left on the ice by Phoebe) . Hopefully, this time, they will fix things between them and get to know each other al ...more
Judy Christiana
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent story. It was light and easy to read. I enjoyed this short historical romance story after the deeply depressing book I just finished.
As in the other books I read by Heather Snow, the female lead character is a smart independent women, who has to fight for her dreams. This being a romance, you know the story will have a happy ending, and that is always wonderful. We all want a happy ending.
Heather
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The chemistry between Lady Phoebe Anson and Lord Malcolm Gray practically sizzles! The characters have depth and spunk, the dialogue was great, and I couldn't put it down! Phoebe is a genuinely likable heroine with her quirky nature, pure enthusiasm and the joy she displays. Malcolm is her perfect counterpart (and a heart stopping hero!) with his intricate mix of protectiveness, deep emotions, strength and determination. An amazing novella and a must read (or listen to!) book!
Vickie
A sweet enjoyable story. Heather Snow is an excellent author and I will be looking for more of her books.
Gayle
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terrific novella from Heather Snow. Characters, setting and dialogue were all terrific. Thank you, Lisa H., for the recommendation. (more later)
Swati Pant
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Under the Covers Book Blog

I have been a fan of the Veiled Seduction series since I cracked the first book open. The reason why is I love the characters and the writing. Heather Snow has a beautiful way with words, and her characters, the heroines especially, are strong, independent and smart. I must've missed this novella when it released as part of an anthology so I was really excited to be getting a new to me story by a favorite author I hadn't read in a while.

LOVING LADY DERVISH is adorably charming! The heroine is n

Diane
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I've never read anything by Heather Snow before so this was a great place to start. This sweet, clean story was a delight to read. Phoebe and Malcolm have know each other since childhood but one stray comment that Malcolm made when Phoebe was making her come out has ruined her life for the past five year. Now at 22, facing marriage to a detestable old man (in trade) Phoebe meets up with Malcolm again and asks him to participate in a faux courtship just until she can be hired as an illustrator fo ...more
C
Sheri
Oct 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 13, 2017 11:32AM
Heather Snow is an award winning historical romance author with a degree in Chemistry who found she much preferred creating chemistry on the page, rather than in the lab. She lives in the Midwest with her husband, two rambunctious boys and one very put upon cat. She loves to hear from readers, and can be reached at Heather@HeatherSnowBooks.com.