Start by marking “Flying Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Flying Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #4.5)

Flying Magic

(Kat, Incorrigible #4.5)

A (very) short story set 25 years after the book Kat, Incorrigible. Now a full-grown woman, Kat is used to directing and defeating powerful magic-users of all descriptions...but managing her own wild and magical children may prove to be her most difficult mission yet!

Note: this short story does NOT stand alone. It is intended as a gift for readers of the Kat, Incorrigibl
Published November 26th 2016 by Five Fathoms Press

To ask other readers questions about Flying Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying Magic

Start your review of Flying Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #4.5)
Stephanie
Dec 01, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A short-short story about Kat all grown up and dealing with children of her own! This was so much fun to write - I hope you guys enjoy it.

I've posted it online to read for free on my website, and it's also available as a free ebook at most major retailers. You can read the story and find all the links to the free ebooks on my blog: http://www.stephanieburgis.com/2016/1...

Happy December!

ETA (in January): Huzzah! Amazon.com is finally offering this for free, too. I hope the other Amazons around t
Roslyn
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a tiny slice of Kat's life as an adult with Alexander and their children, but so very, very short that it almost wasn't a story at all, which was both tantalising and frustrating. I did find it utterly charming and of course now I want to read more!
Jasmine
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-fiction, indie
Short and joyous and I want all the stories forever of Kat's family.
Jenny Koch
This quick glimpse of the magical girl heroine all powerful and grown up dealing with the mundane, everyday struggles of parenthood was the perfect conclusion to this series.
Bayla
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
adorable. I only wish it was longer.
Beka
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute short story peeking in on Kat years later.
Anoush
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, magic, novella, series
In which Kat has to deal with 3 children who remind her, unfortunately, of her own self and sisters growing up.

This short story hearkens back to the oft asserted parental karma--"If God is merciful, you'll have children just as [fill in (usually) negative attribute here] as you are." I love Kat and her adventures and it was fun to peek into her life as an adult, still working as a Guardia and also raising rambunctious and magical children.

I was a grown woman and the Head of the ancient Order of
Patrick Samphire
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this very short story. If follows up Stephanie Burgis's wonderful middle grade series, Kat, Incorrigible, but it is set when Kat has grown up, got married, and had children of her own. It's utterly charming and fun. (And ebook is free via Stephanie Burgis's website, so what have you got to lose?)
Elevetha
Set 12 years after the end of the "Kat" books, this shows a little slice of domestic life for Kat and her family and the challenges and joys that come from raising a (magical) family. Not a lot of substance but worth the read for fans of the series.
Dylan Benito
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exactly as cute and fun as the full length books. A nice glimpse into Kat's future.
Alex
Sep 23, 2017
Very short, but very cute. You really need to have read the other Kat, Incorrigible books for it to mean anything though. A nice epilogue to the trilogy about a grown-up Kat.
katayoun Masoodi
Karen
Dec 02, 2016
Aliette
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kat with kids! Sweet and hilarious.
Lucero
Ella Mao
Aug 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking
  • House of Many Ways (Howl's Moving Castle, #3)
  • Death and Taxes: An Urban Fantasy Mystery
  • The Collectors (His Dark Materials, #0.6)
  • Any Way the Wind Blows
  • Grace Immaculate
  • Nevertheless, She Persisted: Flash Fiction Project
  • Serpentine (His Dark Materials, #3.6)
  • In Morningstar's Shadow: Dominion of the Fallen Stories (Dominion of the Fallen, #0.5)
  • Ivy and Bean
  • Surviving the Applewhites (Applewhites, #1)
  • The Adventurer's Guide to Successful Escapes
  • Prairie Lotus
  • A Mango-Shaped Space
  • The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water
  • The Dark Lord Clementine
  • Piranesi
  • The Body in the Garden (Lily Adler Mystery #1)
I grew up in America, but now I live in Wales with my husband, fellow writer Patrick Samphire, our sons, "Mr Darcy" and "Mr X", and our sweet (and extremely vocal) tabby cat, Pebbles. I write fun, funny MG fantasy novels (most recently The Princess who Flew with Dragons) and wildly romantic adult historical fantasy novels and novellas (most recently Moontangled).

To get early sneak peeks at new sto

Kat, Incorrigible (5 books)
  • Kat, Incorrigible (Kat, Incorrigible, #1)
  • Renegade Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #2)
  • Stolen Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #3)
  • Courting Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #4)
  • Olivia, Invisible: A Kat, Incorrigible Story (Kat, Incorrigible, #4.75)