Start by marking “Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)” as Want to Read:
Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)

Raven

(Creepy Hollow)

The glittering magic of high society faerie life, with a hint of forbidden romance ...
When design student Raven Rosewood, daughter of high society fae, is almost killed in an explosion, her parents insist on assigning a bodyguard to protect her at all times. Raven agrees, but only if she can choose the guard.

Flint's life couldn't be more different from that of his
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Start your review of Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)
Norah Una Sumner

description

I LOVED THIS. Missed Rachel Morgan's writing style and her amazing characters sooo much. The story is funny, relatable, action-packed, romantic, heart-breaking. And this doesn't surprise me, I mean, Rachel Morgan is the MASTER of making emotional roller coasters and this one was no exception. This novella is a great addition to Creepy Hollow universe and I loved every single paragraph of it.
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has in no way influenced my review.*

This was an enjoyable little addition to the Creepy Hollow series. It had a story all of its own though about characters who have been very minor in the overall series (to be honest I didn't even remember who Raven was), so you don't need to have read the rest of the series to enjoy this. The only thing that might be a problem is understanding the world and some of the magic, like the
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I received an advanced copy for an honest review.

Raven follows titular character Raven Rosewood, the only daughter of an elite Fae family, as she is approaches graduation from Fashion and Design school. We see Raven as she seeks to do her best in her chosen field, as she’s threatened by an unknown source, and as she grows closer to Flint; the guard assigned to protect her.

To prepare for this story I did go back to The Faerie Guardian (book 1 in the Creepy Hollow series) to get a feel for Raven
Em
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Creepy Hollow series is one of my all-time-favorites. I had this novella preordered months ago, I'd read any snippet or hint Rachel Morgan gave, and I just could not wait to read this the second I downloaded it.

This story is a cute one, but a bit more fluff than actual content. I still enjoyed it (I mean, come on, who could not squeal whenever Tora hinted about Flint?) but Rachel Morgan has definitely written better stories.

For the most part, the characters were well rounded and the world
Haraiah Eve
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-release
What a sweet read. I've been really excited to read this novella ever since I heard who and what it's about. I liked Raven in the original Creepy Hollow series but it didn't tell much about her and Flint and their life before. The glimpses I had of Tora in this book made me tear up. I really liked the new perspective. Pretty much all of the Creepy Hollow books are centered around badass guardians and their everyday bad-assery. "Raven" has guardians, too, but the theme is mainly high society and ...more
Sabrina
Shelves: booktails
I absolutely love reading the stories of other characters from the Creepy Hollow world. It is great seeing how some of the lesser known personalities fit in together. I especially liked the glimpse of Tora, who we already know as a guardian mentor, as a young precocious child.
Raven is a wonderful character, smart and level headed, despite almost being faerie royalty. When she stumbles across a possible plot that may or may not involve her, her life is turned side down. This is a short book but
Jami
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

This story is about Raven and Flint and how they met along with their budding romance.
Raven comes from the high class of the fea world. Flint is a one of her house guards. He is a nobody to Raven's parents who look down on anyone who isn't part of their class status. They form a friendship, which leads to more while Raven is in fashion college finishing up her last year and preparing for her final runway show.
Her world gets a bit crazy with an ex shows up, her college almost being blown up,
Gina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I felt the author's building of Raven's world and her dress creation was magical, excellent and descriptive, the ending felt too rushed. I would have also liked more detail about Creepy Hollow, and Flint's perspective/life.
Edited to add: I increased this to 4 stars because I see now this is a novella, which totally makes sense! So with that in mind, it's a good, lighthearted quick read with a great moral of sticking to your principles.... but I still knocked a star off for the rushed
Christina Balaz
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven was another fun character I enjoyed reading about in the Creepy Hollow series. She was a fun-loving romantic who was easy to love so I couldn’t wait to read her story and how she and Flint came together. I thought they were perfect for each other and very sweet. I loved reading about everything that happened with Raven in her earlier years before she came to be where she was in the series.
Kim Wedel
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical

I love the stories that fill in the gaps. This was a great short story on its own but the fact that it filled in the back story on other characters from the Creepy hollow series is wonderful! If you like magic, fairies and a little mystery then this is for you
amanda mashburn
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great little side story

This was a cute little side story for the series. I wasn’t very interested in learning ravens story.. but I figured what the hey, why not? (Since I’m impatiently waiting for book 9 anyways!) Happy to say I was pleasantly surprised ! Definitely a good read
Laetitia
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to know more about Raven and Flint. I wished there was more! I want more of their story!
Miss Lisa Williams
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading

I wondered how Raven's parents had a carriage. This explains her story before the start of the faeries guardian book
Frieda
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raven's story is one of maturity and growing up to become an adult and is lovely! With love and friendship thrown in.
Jennifer Beckman
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this look into Raven.
Angela
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, amazing story!

I love the Creepy Hollow books & Raven's story was no exception. Looking forward to reading more about the Creepy Hollow gang!
shelby walker
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liked every minute can't wait for the next one
Cherie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven Rosewood can’t wait to graduate as a clothes caster, but graduation day might be killer in Rachel Morgan’s Raven. This standalone novella takes place within Morgan’s fantastic Creepy Hollow series. Raven has grown up in high fae society, but as she is falling for her guard Flint, she questions the wealth around her and what type of person she wants to be. The mystery of who placed an explosion at school and tried to kill Raven amped up the tension. Raven by Rachel Morgan is a fast-paced, ...more
Novel Grounds
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raven

5 Stars|Amazon|Goodreads

Another stunning novella from Rachel. I love raven as a secondary and it was so fun to get to read her start. With the first novella for this series (Scarlett) I was fascinatedto learn her back story and felt that it gave me THAT much more understanding of her character in the series. The same goes for Raven.

in this novel you get to see a different side of this world and it was wonderful. I loved getting to read this behind the scenes of Raven and Flint. You get to see
Darina
Raven is a high society young faerie who is very passionate about clothes casting (making clothes with magic) and has a complicated relationship with her posh parents and their lifestyle. She finds herself in a forbidden relationship with her guard and unintentionally gets herself mixed into a nefarious plot.

Raven is a secondary character from the Creepy Hollow series but I think even people who haven't read the series will find this book interesting. The story doesn't refer much to anything in
Raquel Zúñiga
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I'll just start by saying that I completely love Rachel's books, all of them and Creepy Hollow has to be one of my favorite series of all times.

That being said, Raven is a short companion story in the Creepy Hollow series.
We first met Raven as part of Violet's story. But now is her turn to be the main character.
Daughter of a wealthy family Raven is getting ready to present her last assigment before graduating college,
Shanice Singh
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I had my doubts about this book since a) I couldn't really remember Raven from the Creepy Hollow series and b) I didn't think any other character in Creepy Hollow would make a impact on me the way that Chase did. I decided to just read a few pages to see what I thought of the book and I was instantly sucked in.
Raven comes from a very wealthy family and is "practically royalty" according to her mother. What Raven's parents don't know is that Raven has a close (and forbidden) friendship with
Linda Levine
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series and any opportunity to revisit is great. This one is more outside the usual Creepy Hollow series and doesn't include the other family and friends from previous books.

Raven and Flint are the main characters. She is from a wealthy family and they have high expectations for her. She loves to design clothing and is going to school. She wants to win a special competition and internship but has some issues with her entry. It leads to danger. Lucky for her, Flint is assigned
Ellen
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
This book was amazing. Rachel Morgan pulled me back into the Creepy Hollow world and I loved every second of it. I'm loving these short stories about other characters in the books. It's a nice change. These stories are short and blend in perfectly into what you already know from the main books in the series. It's very nice to read how these characters got to the point they're at when they're introduced in the books.
Good job Rachel, good job. I can't wait for the 7th Creepy Hollow book to come
Billie
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a cute story about the beginnings of Raven's relationship with Flint. She's a high society girl, he's a guardian that is working security for her family. One day as she is leaving college, Flint saves her life. Not once, but twice. After that he becomes her personal body guard and their relationship turns from friendship to something more.

This is a great addition to the Creepy Hollow series. It has action, magic, and new love. All the things that keep me so completely drawn to this
Jennifer Zamboni
I'm always excited for a new Rachel Morgan book to land, and I'm really loving these novellas featuring the supporting cast of the Creepy Hollow world, first Scarlett, and now Raven.

Ms. Morgan's descriptions are always fascinating, and a book featuring a magical fashion designer allowed those descriptions to shine.

There is also a sweet romance that I couldn't help but root for.

I love this world she created, and how brilliantly she has expanded upon it. I'm eager for more!
Stephie Anne
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another spectacular and magical book from Rachel Morgan. The story while different from the rest of her Creepy Hollow series follows not a guardian but a high society fae, Raven, and her journey through her final days in college. The story is well written, creative, captivating and rewarding. Raven is a fantastic book for not only fans of the series but for new readers as well. The book stands alone or is a nice glimpse into the world Ms. Morgan has created. A wonderful read all around!
Angie Taylor
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story and returning to Creepy Hollow. It was so fun to learn about Raven's past and how she and Flint were introduced and formed a relationship. I loved seeing a bigger picture into the life of the elite(?) fairies versus those who live in Creepy Hollow. Raven is filled with the same unique magic that Rachel brings into all the Creepy Hollow books. Another great read!!
Ruthie Romero
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thrilled to receive a copy of Raven. It was such a joy to return to one of my favorites, the land of the glowbugs. Once again, Rachel wrote another captivating book, with just a bit of magic woven in. Flint is a dedicated guard, while Raven's day-to-day life seems to be so different from Flint. Throw in some danger and mystery and you have the ingredients for a wonderful read.
Carolyn
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this little short story featuring Raven. It was fun to see Tora again, and I loved the relationship between Raven and Flint. The Creepy Hollow series could possibly be one of my favorites. It satisfies all my cozy, heartwarming bookish needs. Rachel Morgan is a superb artist!

• The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • Rise of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #5)
  • Queen of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #3)
  • Spirit of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #4)
  • The Trouble with Falling (The Trouble Series, #4)
  • Trial by Fae
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)
  • The Trouble with Faking (The Trouble Series, #3)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Rebel Mechanics (Rebel Mechanics, #1)
  • Rebels Rising (Rebel Mechanics, #3)
  • Rebel Magisters (Rebel Mechanics, #2)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville #1)
  • A School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1)
  • The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • A French Girl in New York (The French Girl #1)
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

Creepy Hollow (9 books)
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • A Faerie's Secret (Creepy Hollow, #4)
  • A Faerie's Revenge (Creepy Hollow, #5)
  • A Faerie's Curse (Creepy Hollow, #6)
  • Glass Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #7)
  • Shadow Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #8)
  • Rebel Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #9)