Start by marking “Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)

Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles #3)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Erica Sterling owns her curves, and inspires passion in every person she meets. It’s the curse of having the Greek muse, Erato, lurking in her soul. After a hot night with a firefighter, she struggles to keep her distance from him. The gods have other plans, but Erica has crossed the line between passion and obsession once before, and she’s never going back. Not even for h ...more
Published May 15th 2017 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Breath of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breath of Passion

Elaine
This series just keeps on getting more enthralling! It involves the Muses, nine daughters of Zeus who are reborn and, having connected with each other, are working to rebuild a theatre to inspire mankind. One of them has already been killed by a cult striving to oppose them and free the Titans but some have now met their Guardians, each of whom has a special power that helps them protect their muse.

This is definitely a hotter, steamier read but what else would you expect with a firefighter and t
Janet
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire and Passion

Yet another page turner from Lisa Kessler. Who wouldn't want to be a muse? Until a secret organization keeps trying to kill you and your friends. This time their guardians are in danger as well. Will they all make it through this time?
Olivia Welch
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm just in love with this series so far! I'm excited to see where it goes! This book is steamy and I can emotionally attach myself to the characters! Love it!
Linda Tonis
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWED BY: LINDA TONIS
MEMBER OF THE PARANORMAL ROMANCE REVIEW TEAM
Erica Sterling is the Greek Muse of Lyrics and Erotic Poetry and has the gift to inspire passion. If you read book two which hopefully you have then you know that Reed and Erica met and we were left with the feeling that they would meet again and now they have. Reed McIntosh is a Federal firefighter and has a birthmark just like his best friend Hunter who along with his Muse Callie we met in book two. Hunter knew what the birth
Stacy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
All the books in the Muse Chronicles have been nice flowing, easy to read romances with a hint of paranormal thrown in. BREATH OF PASSION continues the trend.

Erica houses the Greek Muse of Lyrics and Erotic Poetry so I was expecting things to be a little hotter than past books and it definitely didn't disappoint. It was hot in the bedroom and out with her Guardian being a firefighter. Erica and Reed have a fiery connection and it screams through the pages.

I wouldn't mind a little shake up of t
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
I know absolutely nothing about Greek mythology. I mean seriously, it’s all Greek to me. But I’m in love with Lisa Kessler’s Muse Chronicles series. A good thing about this series is that you don’t have to know or understand Greek mythology. You learn what you need to know through the characters.

Breath of Passion is the third book in the Muse Chronicles series and is easily a standalone read. If you haven’t read the first two books, this one seems to catch you up. Erica Sterling is a human and o
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Erica's soul houses Erato, the Greek muse of lyric poetry. Erato is associated with Eros, the god of desire (Cupid is his Roman counterpart). Erica believes that her erotic nature drives men to their limits, so she keeps men at an arm's length after being burnt by a boyfriend-turned-stalker. And Reed, a smoking hot firefighter (and friend of another guardian- this relationship was hinted at in a previous book) has been burned by an ex-wife who took over and ruined his life. With the order (crazy ...more
Denise Van plew
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author has captivated me with this series. Each one is a delight upon itself. I like how she takes the Greek like qualities and mixes with the suspense that is fused with heat and passion. This one centers around Erica and Reed. You will be pulled in and the lure this firefighter has makes your brow sweat. They are both of one opinion but it will soon be changed with us see the struggle. Given the suspense of that stalker you can not turn away for one minute so not to miss anything. The tal ...more
Penny Noble
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The first thing I always notice when I pick up a book by Ms. Kessler, and it was the exact same way with this book, is how intimate her books are. I feel like the characters are just so well-drawn, they feel like they are a member of my family, people I know very well. I love the way her characters just come to life. As always, the book was also well-written and easy to just get lost in the book’s world. And, as with the first two, you laugh, you cry (oh, do you cry!), and you just feel so much. ...more
Diane Vice
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kessler has written another 10-star-worthy book in the Muse Chronicles series! This story is my favorite so far.
Erica is the Muse of Erotic Poetry, and Reed is a Federal Fireman. Together, they are combustible, both literally and figuratively. Both have been burned before and are leery of new love.
Throw in arson, attempted murder, and mayhem, and they must fight to just survive! This story, and series, will draw you in and keep you there. I highly recommend reading it.
Linda
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of steamy heat, emotion and danger in a perfectly-paced, action-packed tale!

“Are all firefighters as hot as you?”

Breath of Passion by Lisa Kessler is the third captivating installment in her Muse Chronicles series. It is the sexiest book in the series to date and my favorite. The series is built upon a Prophecy: "Every generation the nine daughters of Zeus are reborn, and with their rebirth are also nine Guardians. They will be marked by the gods, and given gifts to protect his treasure.
Elizabeth Neal
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you've read book two, Legend of Love, you may have caught the subtle hint that Reed, a firefighter, also has a birthmark, identical to his best friend, Hunter's. Yeah, he's a guardian too. Yes! Reed met Erica a few weeks prior through Callie, Hunter's woman, and was immediately attracted to her.

Erica, the Muse of Lyrics and Erotic Poetry, has been intrigued by Reed upon their first meeting. However, due to her Muse, Erica tends to inspire passion and fire, and in the case of her ex-boyfriend,
Shan
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Lisa Kessler's writing, and I love this series! This installment of The Muse Chronicles is definitely a hot one! I'd suggest reading the first 2 books in the series first, but each book is about a different muse, so it isn't completely necessary, but there are characters from the previous books, and there is a continuing storyline throughout the series, so read those first! They are awesome too, so no hardship there! In Breath of Passion, Erica's muse brings on passion in others, and Erica ...more
Petula
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erica Sterling and her sister muses are trying to rebuild a theater. Unfortunately there is a group who are determined to stop them. One of the muses has already been killed. Luckily each woman has been assigned a guardian, they just have to find each other. The guardians special powers will activate once he meets his Muse.
Reed McIntosh is a firefighter who has been badly hurt by a woman he thought he could trust. Now he only wants fun, not a relationship.
There is danger coming at our heroine
Angel Hatfield
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erica Sterling has the Greek Muse of lyrics and erotic poetry inside of her.  She and her sister muses have come together to inspire the world again. Reed McIntosh is a firefighter for Federal Fire. When he meets Erica through his best friend's girlfriend, he can't take his mind off her. After running into her weeks later,  he finds out from his friend that he's actually fated to be her Guardian.

This is the third book in the series and I'm totally loving it. I really liked both main characters
Lisa
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another excellent addition of the series for Lisa Kessler. The story focuses on Federal Firefighter, Reed, and the Muse of Erotic Poetry, Erica. Their romantic pasts were heartbreaking to read about, but obviously not enough to keep the pair from being with each other. Add in the usual danger from the Order and an additional threat to Reed and Erica, and we've got a fast paced story I read in one afternoon - I couldn't put it down. If I have one critique about the story is the ending. Without be ...more
Cynthia Daniels Greene
AWESOME

I think each book in this series gets better and better. I'm constantly on pins and needles waiting for the next thing to happen. Will Reed's power continue to grow. Is Mikolos a Guardian? What if all the Guardians combined their powers?
Bobbie
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reed is a strong, brave, kind hearted soul. Betrayed and used by his ex, Reeds afraid to open up to another, until he meets Erica. Love this character. Erica is fun loving and flirty, and may be the only women who can show Reed what love truly is.
Lisa Kessler
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Writing this book was an emotional roller coaster! :)

I hope you all have as much fun reading it as I had writing it!

Lisa

May 17, 2017
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)
  • Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
  • Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
“She wet her lips. “And she didn’t warn you about me?”

“Should she have?”

Erica finished her drink, relishing the burn in her belly and the flush of heat in her cheeks as she nodded. “Definitely.”

His gaze smoldered. “It’s a good thing danger is my calling, then.”

“Good to know,” she said with a sly smile.”
7 likes
“Her roommate was at the table with a grin that was all trouble. “So you’re not going to tell me about last night?”

Erica rolled her eyes and went about getting her breakfast. “You saw Reed. How do you think it went?”

She chuckled. “Being hot doesn’t mean you’re good in bed.”

Erica peered over her shoulder. “We never even got to the bed.”

Trin’s eyes widened. “Oh gods! I eat at this table!”
7 likes