Start by marking “Disarming Donner (North Pole City Tales, #5)” as Want to Read:
Disarming Donner (North Pole City Tales, #5)

Disarming Donner

(North Pole City Tales #5)

As a beloved Rein Dear and Christmas elf for Mayor Kringle, Donner prides himself on his flawless reputation, good sense, and wise decisions. Donner never does anything until he’s thought it through properly. He’s certainly not one to get flustered, infuriated, or fall prey to romantic nonsense. At least not until the most unlikely of elves begins chipping away at Donner’s ...more
Published December 21st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Disarming Donner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disarming Donner

Melissa
This was cute. another great installment to the North Pole City series. ;) Donner got over his fear of Calder pretty quickly, but that didn't really bother me. The adorableness factor alone is worth 4 stars. ;)
Adam

Each time I pick up a book from the North Pole City series, I’m enchanted. They’re animated Christmas movies in book format, with the addition of gay romance. A winning combination!

description

At the beginning of ‘Disarming Donner’, Calder and Donner have already known each other for a while. Calder takes every chance he can get Donner flustered, and Donner consistently falls for Calder’s teasing. Their early interactions are cute and funny.

It’s also clear that the two feel something for each other
Serena Yates
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Each year I look forward to another visit to North Pole City and Winter Wonderland. It’s a fascinating world that Charlie Cochet has created from a mixture of winter legends and stories, yet she has given it her very own “magical” touch that makes it really special. The North Pole is run like a modern company, the Rein Dear are a group of nine elite pilots in charge of the annual Big Flight, Mayor Kringle (the spirit of Christmas) is in charge, and the Frost family (spirits of winter of various ...more
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
Instead of being about two Christmas elves, this one in the series was about a Christmas elf and a Dockalfar (dark elf), which I thought made it a little more interesting because we got to learn a bit about the Dockalfar. And I felt so bad for Calder! Like, the dark elves aren't even allowed to have sweets or music, but poor Calder enjoyed those things. And the way everyone ran from him in terror no matter how friendly he was was so sad! He was so kind and thoughtful though. Donn
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
This isn't for me. :)

It's not badly written or anything like that. It reads young, which also isn't bad, but it's not for me.

I made it to 46%. Of what I read, this would actually be fun for a young teen or even a tweener. :)
Len Evans Jr
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, christmas
This is my 2nd favorite of the series. My favorite is still book 2: "The Heart of Frost" but this book is a close second. This story was incredible, I so loved the relationship between Donner and Calder. They were the last two people anyone in this world of ice and Christmas would have expected to fall in love. That in of itself makes it special, and when they fall they both decide that it matters not what anyone else thinks, their love for each other is all that matters. Nice little moral of th ...more
Lisa The Novel Approach
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday-romance
One of my favorite moments in December every year is when I see the cover reveal and release date for the next book in the North Pole City Tales. The covers are beyond adorable, I’m always so excited to see the new installment, and my excitement over the books is always rewarded. The series is consistently well-written and fun; Charlie Cochet nails every one of these stories, including this year’s.

Disarming Donner picks up with part of the storyline from Loving Blitz, where we learned the dark s
Relly
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-themed
3.75 stars 🌟

This one is my favourite of the series.
Calder was a fabulous character and well matched with Donner.
Looking forward to the next one
Sandra
3.5 stars I wasn't so sure about this one. I've listened to all the other books of the series as audio books, and wasn't sure how the series would translate to written for me. I didn't like how judgmental Donner was of Calder. The addition of him having a different skin color actually made it very poignant and more uncomfortable.

But Calder was so easy going and good natured, not to mentioned understanding. We learn that the Christmas Elves do have genuine reason to be fearful of the Dockalfar,
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Number 5 in the North Pole City Tales, Charlie Cochet brings us another very sweet story of elves, fairies, Jack Frost, and Rudy and his fellow Rein Dear. Reading these stories is like reading an adult Christmas tale, complete with toy soldiers and sugar plum fairies.

In this story, Cupid’s half-brother, Calder, is in North Pole City to train Cupid, now that it’s been revealed that he is part dark elf. He needs to learn to control his magic, and Calder, a good elf at heart, is the most sensible
Duck
I was a little disappointed with this one. I think it was just too short. I was excited about Calder, but I don't think the book is long enough to really do him justice. Donner gave me whiplash with his total 180 change in feelings.

As a side note I think the publisher should have released this book earlier. It was released too close to Christmas which left me unable to read it until after the holiday.
Fernanda Bomtempo-Marzo
It was cute.
Jules Lovestoread
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I never want this series to end! Tons of love for Calder and Donner. <3333333 Full review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com
Heather
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charlie-cochet
Not only a lovely holiday romance that we've come to expect from NPCT but also a lesson in not judging people by others' actions. Just lovely all around.

Blogger Note: This is a combined review for the last three because frankly I can't imagine just reading one of the series, for this reader its all or nothing and as I've broken the series into 2 parts for my Saturday Series Spotlights on my blog I decided that's how I would divide up the reviews as well.

Having read the first three books in less
Annie
3.5 stars for this fun fantasy novella
Disarming Donner is a fantasy novella set in the North Pole. It's the fifth annual installment in the series but can be read as a standalone. While not specifically set around the holidays, the novella features a cast of characters from holiday stories- including Jack Frost, Christmas elves, Rein Dear men, etc. The book is light and fun, but has an interesting story. The background plot details fights between two kingdoms, the continued drama regarding those
Julesmarie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m, holiday
Calder just fascinates me! But I couldn't help wishing I'd gotten to know a little more of his back story. (view spoiler) It was lovely getting to see him interact with all of the Christmas elves.

The relationship in this one seemed a lot more sudden
Katherine
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
These are sweet, fluffy love stories, in an old-fashioned fairytale setting world. There are minimal sex scenes, about one per book, with lots of chaste kissing. The scenes on the page are not terribly explicit. I enjoyed Ms. Cochet’s take on the Santa & his reindeer story. It’s cute. While there is a mystery that starts in book 1 and ends in book 6, it all plays out in a reassuring way - you know the bad guys will be punished, the heroes will be fine and they will get their HEA.

Bought from
Donna
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Donner hadn't really beeped my radar before this book... shy much? But, he was adorable and Calder was the hero that everyone needs but doesn't realize he is standing right in front of them! I was glad to see that good did prevail over evil and that even evil had a bit of good in him... *sigh*

Now... off to see what is in store for Dasher... *grin*
Manlove
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
My body was not in the mood to sleep this morning, so rather than lying there awake with my thoughts spinning I decided to read this. A much more delightful way to start my Monday. (No, I don't have anything of significance to say about the book itself, it just went down easy. I'll probably read more in the series, maybe with fewer years between installments).
Denise GremoryKohta
Love love love

I love how each of these stories has a lesson and this one is a big one with me. Like Calder proved, an Elf's race isn't indicative of their behavior. Calder is such a sweet soul. It broke my heart how understanding and accommodating he was to how he was treated. I'm so glad he has found so much love.
Becca
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwwww this one made me cry. So sweet and heartwrenching too. Don't let other people's prejudices stop you from love. Everyone needs love and Donner finally admitted he cared very much for a beautiful dark elf that had a heart of gold.
Anne
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now that was a sweet story. Already in Cupid and Blitzens book I loved the sweet banter between Donner and Calder and now reading this...awesome, cute and just sweet, okay, and a bit sad, you'll know what I mean. But now I am curious about Dasher....
Rating: 4 stars.
Angel
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet as the others in this charming Christmas series! I really want more of this verse!
Pates
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just adore this series that Charlie has put together. Every year I can't wait to get the next book! I'm never disappointed. Holiday reads, y'all. These are so fun!
Sativa
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute & Sweet

Quick read with good flow. The series is fun and each book unique. I am sure it will a reread tradition for me.
MountainKat
Nice, quick holiday story!
Aniko
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibooks
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Humbug
  • Dear Ruth (2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers)
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • Making His List
  • Gaudete
  • His Fairy Godfather
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Old Acquaintance (2015 Advent Calendar - Sleigh Ride)
  • New York Christmas
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • A Christmas Hex  (Hexworld #2.5)
  • Where the Lovelight Gleams
  • It's Christmas Everywhere But Here
  • Christmas Delights
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

North Pole City Tales (6 books)
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
  • The Heart of Frost (North Pole City Tales, #2)
  • Vixen's Valor (North Pole City Tales, #3)
  • Loving Blitz (North Pole City Tales, #4)
  • The King's Courage (North Pole City Tales, #6)