Start by marking “Alpha Squad: Boot Camp” as Want to Read:
Alpha Squad: Boot Camp

Alpha Squad: Boot Camp

(Alpha Squad #1)

It has only been a few months since humanity has found out about the shifters that live in their midst. When the New Alliance leadership asks Eric King to join Alpha Squad, a joint taskforce supposed to promote cooperation between the shifters and human authorities, his loyalty to the cause doesn’t give him any choice but to agree. But is the squad actually supposed to be ...more
Published December 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Squad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Squad

Sandy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: Alpha Squad: Boot Camp: A Steamy Bear Shifter Paranormal Romance (Kindle Edition)

Great new shifter series for me!

Eric and Janine find love in the strangest of places! A Major and a recruit in Alpha Squad boot camp can't fight fate! I loved it! I voluntarily offer this review of my free copy of Alpha Squad: Boot Camp.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The secret has hit the world in a wave of panic and fear. The response form a task force aimed at controlling the fear and panic of humans, keeping the peace, and punishing those that can’t or won’t quite follow the rules. I loved getting a glimpse at some of the previous series couples/characters. I love that things continued to the next step with more love and more mating and more adventure.

Eric and Adam find that they are heading for a new world of adventure and love. Eric just never expecte
Jean
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it

Work Place Romance?

This story centers around the female lead, Janine, and the male lead Eric, as the overcome obstacles in their personal lives.

The shifters recently ousted themselves to the humans and there is a bit of "resistance".

Throw in a bit of action and romance and the book turned out to be an interesting read.

The narrator, Audrey Lusk, did well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review."
Up All Night With Books
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Audio Review - Complete Series by Delia
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

As a first-time reader of Ms. Moone’s shifters, I felt like I needed more depth into the instant -love that happened between shifters or shifter/human. The story was a little predictable but it was a good read. I listened to the whole collection from Eric and Janine to Sean and Erin. The story followed a timeline and continued to give us a full story. I loved all the shifter men. They were strong, capa
Lori
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Entertaining, fun and enjoyable short shifter military story. This is an spin off of her other series, Scottish Werebear. You don't have to have read that series to enjoy this series. The story flowed smoothly and never felt choppy. This was just a quick entertaining listen with a little steamy romance and a HEA.

The synopsis gives a pretty detailed outline of the story.

The characters were okay. Being a shorter story there isn't much time to really develop the characters. Eric was a good characte
Scarlett Ian
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love a good shifter romance, and I love a quick read – this book was both. I was able to finish this in about a day and I enjoyed every minute of it; I just wish there was more to it. Every author has a different way of writing shifter romances, so I’m never sure how I will like it. This was my first read by this author and I was impressed, with her shifter styling and her writing. She grabbed my interest within the first few pages and kept it throughout the entire book.

There was an intensity
Dana Busenbark
I really like Eric and Adam, Blackwood is almost too happy for my liking, never having an off moment through the first part of the book. I'm not sure what to make of Bentley and I'm wondering why Cooper has been selected for this particular group. Bentley I can see. Blackwood and the King brothers I can see. I really like Janine. She's fun. Her assistant Callahan is a blast. Especially when Janine realizes Callahan is on her side. I love the phases of training the men go through and what Janine ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I had the privilege to listen to this series on audible Narrated by Audrey Lusk and I have to say that I loved it! I loved how Audrey told this story, her voice was so melodic it had me in a trance. This series started off with a big bang! I love a shifter story but this one was excellent and I can't say enough about this story. I do not want to give it away but I will give you a simple review for you to get the jist of the story.

The world has found out that there are shifters amongst them and a
Viper Spaulding
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and I was immediately hooked on her writing style. I love bear-shifter stories, and this one quickly became one of my favorites. Eric and Janine have chemistry in spades, and their instant "true mate" connection was beautifully written. It's a tough assignment to have a strong male character retain his alpha leadership status when his mate not only outranks him but is his boss, but Ms. Moone pulls it off effortlessly. Eric is downright swoon-worthy, and his ...more
Nicole Normand
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy from the author via AXP.com; this is my honest review.
I loved the way Janine and Eric met the first time, then the second time around. How unexpected for them!
I loved the sex scene; it wasn't erotica or steamy but it felt like a cozy "finally, I have you naked and in my bed".
I loved the way Janine had to go through and decide between ethics from her conscience and orders from above.
I loved the way Eric took care of his brother during the whole time they were on base.
What I
Kitty_ranma
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shortish shifters book"
This story is really good, but the characters could have used some more development.
I'd also would have expected to see more shifting going on, there is some going on but mostly it's just mentioned.
The narration is good but she doesn't get the male characters voices very well.
This audiobook was given to me for free at my request from the publisher or author or narrator and I provided this voluntary review.
Ruby McDemon
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I loved this mix of military and shifters. Janine may be female, but her ranking in the military and attitude during training show that she is a woman who's fiercely independent and in no way does she need Eric to swoop in and be her man. I loved that even though Eric has found his mate he doesn't just come in and take over he actually follows Janine's lead. This was a really great story and Audrey's accent and wonderful narration helped set the story perfectly.
LiLu
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome❤

Awesome intro to a series, that is set as a spin-off from the Scottish Were-Bear Series. In my opinion, this book would be better understood by reading the Scottish Were-Bear Series. That being said, this book was a fantastic read by itself. Looking forward to the next book!!
Emily Dickson
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to a new series! Eric and Janine were both really likeable and had good chemistry. We also met other members of the squad and enjoyed these shifters and humans learning to work together. Secondary characters interacted well with the story leaving us wanting to know more. Adam, Eric's brother was one member we look forward to reading about.
Tammy
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book!! The connection that Eric and Janine had was unmistakable and very sweet!! I also liked the premise of the Alpha Squad and how it all came together. I really look forward to the next book in this series which will be out early in 2017. I definitely recommend this book which is interesting and funny with a touch of hotness!! Enjoy!!!
Tracy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Interesting plot.
Eric is a real sweetheart from the get go and Janine is military to her boots.
I liked the ide of a ragtag group of shifters and humans coming together and becoming a team even though they are against the odds.
I'm looking forward to reading the next story.
Eunice Robertson
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice idea this - shifters and humans working together to solve problems. I hope there will be more books in this series. (I voluntarily reviewed this free ebook).
Valerie Jondahl
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series! Shifters have recently "come out" to the public and a joint shifter/human agency called Alpha Squad has been formed. The mis-matched group of recruits have to learn to work together in increasingly more difficult training exercises. The main characters- Eric and Janine - feel a strong attraction but fight it as she is his commanding officer. There are hidden agendas and conflicts that keep the pages turning.
I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Aviar Savijon
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
a very nice read, interesting as the romance begins and proceeds. In of all cases an unwanted boot camp where shifters and humans interact and become a team not to be messed with.
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I honestly loved, loved, loved this story about Bear Shifter Eric King meeting his mate Janine. I bet you will too!
Kat
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the book

This book is insightful to those just getting into the Shaffer community. It'll point out some interesting contrasts and knowledge.
Mommaleena
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected
Another great start to a fascinating series. This is an awesome foundation base to what's sure to be a great series. The spin off from the ending of Lorelei's Scottish Werebears series is amazing. I'm excited to have more stories of her bear Shifters to read, and can't wait for more in 2017!
Eric didn't volunteer but did as he was asked when the leader of The New Alliance asked him to join the taskforce Alpha Squad- a joint effort between shifters and humans to supposedly to bridge t
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
A Little different. This is all about putting shifters and non-shifters together as a team.
Starting when shifters are just "coming out" to the world.
I would give other books in the series a chance, just to see how it turns out.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
NERDY DIRTY&FLIRTY REVIEW 3 1/2 STARS

I have been getting more and more into shifter books. So I was excited to read this one. It was definitely interesting, and different.

Janine, also the Major, is called in to lead a special task unit called the Alpha Squad. A few months prior, shifters had come out to the world, so this unit was to help work along side any agencies, especially law enforcement, when it came to any kind of shifter affairs. The orders for this unit to be put together was dir
Kimmie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the book and the Audible

Wow if you think Lorelei Moone's books are great reads. You
are so going to love the Audible books even more. I think
I have read all her books. But man this new series is great
and the narrator for this was wonderful. Loved how she used
voice inflection to show depth was and how she gave each
character a voice. You could feel the conceding tone for
Captain Bentley the human spec ops guy, the tired sound to
Eric, or the excitement to his brother Adams v
BeckieG
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book as an ARC for 2 girls who love books blog. Alpha Squad was a really quick read and I wondered as I neared the end, how it would wrap up so quickly.

I've not read any other the previous back story of the shifters and humans or the New Alliance but could get the jist of it as I read this book.

Major Janine Williams heads up Alpha Squad as their commanding officer and provides military training for the humans and shifters team....a task at which they should never pass. With Callahan
Terri Eaches
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great spinoff of Lorelei Moon's "Scottish Werebear" series. Alpha Squad is formed after shifters reveal themselves to the world. Their purpose is to build a joint taskforce between shifters and human authorities and learn how to police and protect each other, but some higher ups don't want it to succeed. Eric King will do what is asked of him from the New Alliance but he is distracted by thoughts of a woman he met at a convient store. Major Janine Williams is assigned to lead the Alpha ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
**I voluntarily received an Advance Reader Copy of this book**

Alpha Squad is a bit different than any of the books I'm used to reading from Lorelei Moone.

Shifters have been revealed to humans now. Like with anything new to humans, there are some who are weary of shifters.

Major Janine Williams is tasked with training the first ever Alpha Squad. This department will deal with shifter and human affairs. She's always been able to keep everyone at a professional level. But there's something about o
Lynn Reynolds
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Eric King has been asked to be an advocate for his group. Janine Williams has been given an assignment that goes against the grain. It’s a story that brings up thoughts of segregation and bigotry. Just because this piece is fictional doesn’t mean that you can’t feel sorry for the characters that the author has created. That just means that the author has done a great job in getting the reader involved.

We have two characters that can’t ignore the pull of what some might consider
T.M. Payne
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Alpha Squad: Boot Camp: A Steamy Bear Shifter Paranormal Romance
Author: Lorelei Moone
Publication Date: 12/20/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne-Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

Review
If you read the previous series by this author then you will know where some of the characters in this book come from. The shifters came out and now they are building a Alpha Squad to help ease fears and to keep the peace. The problem is not all are on-boardLorelei Moone or honest in this endeavor.

Eric and his broth
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page count 2 189 Jun 10, 2017 03:40PM
Lorelei Moone is an author of paranormal romance based in London. Her first book, Scottish Werebear: An Unexpected Affair hit the virtual shelves on Amazon on 25 September 2015, with the remainder of the six part series following during 2015-2016. A lover of all things sweet and caffeinated, when she's not writing about sexy bear shifters and their strong-willed curvaceous love interests, Lorelei ...more

Alpha Squad (4 books)