Start by marking “End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)” as Want to Read:
End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)

End Game

(Fallen Empire #8)

Alisa Marchenko has reunited with her daughter, and even though she hasn’t figured out how to get Jelena to accept Leonidas yet, she dreams of the three of them starting a new life together. They can return the Star Nomad to its original purpose of running freight and staying out of trouble (mostly).

Before that can happen, Alisa must fulfill the promise she made to Jelena:
Published November 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about End Game, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Acadia
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)
Sherwood Smith
And the last volume of this space opera series comes to a thoroughly satisfactory close.

I loved the banter, the action as well as the reflective scenes. I loved the way Buroker managed to make a mom an action hero in a believable way, juggling anxiety over her kid with her breakneck-paced plans. I also loved the relationship with Leonidas, whose character evolution was complex and believable. Finally I adored how Alisa and Leonidas went into battle at the end side by side, though the odds were
Tammie
This is the last book in the series, and it wrapped everything up pretty neatly. I had the same issues with this book that I had with previous ones in the series. Too much emphasis on the main character's love life, and too many innuendoes. It was almost every page. A little of it was amusing, but the amount of it added to these books almost completely ruined the series for me. Luckily, I enjoyed the other aspects of the books enough to keep reading.

Needless to say, what started out as a good
Literati Literature Lovers
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not a Happy Reader

I am not a happy reader my favorite science fiction book serious just ended. I know other would be thrilled with eight books, but I'm not. It should be known I'm still pissed Firefly was canceled too. Well since I obviously can't 'kidnap' the author and use my starseerers mind control on her I will have to be happy as she provided me with a vastly entertaining series with both snark and plenty of heart. The series and this last book wrapped up everything, plus I got my needed
Sandy Williams
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Since this series really has to be read all the way through and in order, I’m writing this review about the WHOLE SERIES, not just this single book. So there will be BIG SPOILERS if you read below the BIG SPOILER notice below. But for those who want a spoiler-free, overall opinion of the series, this next paragraph is for you.
I loved it! It has a very Firefly-esque-ness to it (yeah, that’s totally a word). The characters are fantastic, and the action scenes pulled me in. I kept wondering how the
Jamila
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOW GREAT WA STHIS BOOK!!!! I can't believe this series is over :'( but I'm so happy with how the author wrapped up everything and gave us a HEA. My interest is def peaked for Thorians story so I'm Guna no on the honey like a bee

Merged review:

Yayyyy Micah And yumi got dooooowwwnnn!!
Also Leo you big huggable bear I love you and will miss u so much
Bec
I have been bad about reviews recently, my fall kind of got away from me. This was a nice light space opera that I found enjoyable. There is a lot of action and the characters were interesting and quirky. The spaceship even has a flock of chicken on board, much to the captain’s consternation. If you are in need of some funny light entertainment this is a great series to pick up.
Ornella (Nyx)
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Great ending! Looking forward to the spin-off.

Merged review:

This was adorable. I'm kinda bummed Thorian didn't stay though.
Cheryl La Pa
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 'Must read' series. Fell for the characters big time, and the humour is wicked.
Outstanding series that had me hooked from the first book.
Kathrine
It was a fantastic ending to a really good story ...more
Kat
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series! I'm so happy with how it ended.
Kelly
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a satisfying ending to this series. I mean, I'd gladly join Alisa, Leonidas and the rest of the crew on more adventures, but the ending of the overall arc made me happy. I like when things go boom. And other things come together (like the loins of our two beleaguered former adversaries.) (Actually, adversaries might be too strong a word. They were on different sides. Let's leave it at that.)

Anywho. As far as Alisa goes, getting her daughter back is only the first step. Jelena is wary of
Kathleen
Brain candy. Each book is a new adventure, but all the books tie together. The plot isn't deep or engrossing. Just an easy read. My mind wandered some.

One major quibble is that the main protagonist, freighter pilot Captain Alyssa Marchenko, thinks too much about sex, and if she's not thinking about sex, she's making some supposedly witty comment about it. Or Abelard was telepathically discussing sexy stuff. That got very old and cost a point.

Characters include humans, androids, mages (starseers)
Andreea Pausan
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've just finished all 8 books in the Fallen Empire series and I must say I love the way this author writes. Because the focus is on the characters who are quirky, alive, always bantering, always fighting and coming together like one big loving dysfunctional family. The kind of family that works because it is kept together by loyalty, by choice, by sweat and danger. We have the lippy captain of a derelict freighter who cannot keep her mouth shut, always gets into trouble, is resourceful and does ...more
Sandra
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
Usual fast pace, lots of action and adventure and some amusing bits. I did like how resistant to authority Jelena was – very like her mother. Nice ending to the series although I was expecting (view spoiler)
Kati
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
A fun end to a very fun and adventurous series!
Jason
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alisa has her Daughter back, Leonidas has been made whole again, everything seems right, except for the fact that there is a mad psycho with a devastatingly powerful artefact in his possession, and he is on a rampage, killing indiscriminately, and planning on continuing to kill. Worse, he has the young Prince, who also happens to be Jelena’s best friend, and basically everyone has sworn to rescue Thorian or to stop Tymoteusz.
And thus begins the End Game.
Thankfully for Alisa Tomich joins the
Veevee
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite things about this series is the way that Lindsay Buroker managed to take a large variety of characters who were virtually enemies and put them together to make a cohesive group that just worked, without having any of the characters sacrifice any of their beliefs. AKA the characters that started out as Imperials stayed Imperials and the same with the Alliance ones. I think this shows really well that people are just people, no matter how they are labeled, which is a really ...more
Pauline
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
And so we come to the (aptly named) end game - concluding the Fallen Empire series by Lindsay Buroker.

Opening with everyone still reeling from the massive conclusion to the previous book, you can't help but feel that this story has a LOT of ground to cover before it can hope to finish the series. And so it does - this is a busy book, taking us back to Cleon Moon, into an undercover catering mission aboard a mafia ship, and further. With Jelena now safe and sound aboard the Space Nomad, you would
Barbara
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captain Alisa Marchenko has promised her daughter they will recover Prince Thorian, who was taken by her evil uncle Tymoteusz after she and her crew finally found the children. The promise might be hard to keep, especially with the Alliance warning her to stay out of the way as they mount a mission to recover the Staff of Lore, and battle Tymoteusz and the group of mafia who have banded together to help him take over the whole system. If they can pull off this latest mission, Alisa can finally ...more
Csaba Ortutay
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished the whole series and I feel that I have to leave a review. I enjoyed a lot the entire series, but I have to admit that not for any high value inside. It is an easy reading: no complicated plots (you can guess the end after reading ten pages from the first book), no complicated characters (Leonidas wins, Alisa wins more), no science whatsoever. I liked to read this before bedtime, it offered that "feelgood" state of mind helping me to fall to sleep easily.

I was wandering that who
Karen
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
End Game

This is the conclusion of the Fallen Empire series, a continuing storyline about a former Alliance fighter pilot who reclaims her mother's ancient freighter from a junkyard. She finds there it has a squatter, however, an imperial cyborg named Leonidis. They were enemies during the war, but along with passengers from both sides, they spend much of the series searching for Alisa's kidnapped eight year old daughter and fighting a crazed Starseer with aspirations of ruling the system. This
Tim Seabrook
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great end to the series of books.

Passions are running high between Alisa and Leonidas though they don't get to spend the quality time they want because Alisa's daughter is a Starseer and would instantly see what they had done that is at least until Leonidas accidentally takes the wrong batch of Yumi's herbs...

The challenge in finding the young Prince and trying to retrieve the Staff of Lore is becoming more problematic, Alisa's promise to her daughter to help save Thorian brings her back into
Michael Wood
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: ALL EIGHT VOLUMES!

I have really enjoyed this entire dynastic-military space opera, much more than 1500 pages. Buroker has tied most of the storylines together in this eighth volume, but there are possibilities left for several.

This is excellent space opera! The characters have developed in rational fashion after exposure to dire circumstances. I do hope Buroker will continue writing the open-ended storylines soon.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: BOTH THE NOVEL AND THE ENTIRE STORY IN ALL
Susan Chappell
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and compelling

If you love fully fleshed characters with opposing motivations (Alliance vs Empire) and a compelling story line this is the series for you. Loved the interactions between characters even when they seemed to be working against each other. Somehow they would eventually work for the common goal, usually survival and finding Jalena ,Thor and the staff. I most especially love the humorous dialogue. Loved the entire series and sorry this is the last book. Will definitely
Francene Stanley
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of action, subterfuge. humour, cuddles, meetings, saying hello and saying goodbye, sorrow, live, and adventure in this fifth and final book to the fallen Empire series by Lindsay Buroker. The writing style sizzles, the descriptions keep the reader entertained. And the love scenes are just right, bearing in mind that children might be lurking. A great conclusion that leads to speculation about the character’s future.
christel l. doucette
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling and satisfying conclusion to a great series

The only negative about this book is... it is the final one in the series. I got the sense that the author read every review of each of the previous books, and gave us EXACTLY what we wanted. Don't worry, there are still enough surprises and suspense to keep you guessing. A coup!e of old characters pop back into the story, a new romance develops, a loyal friend is lost - but I am completely satisfied with the ending. : )
Frances Law
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A suitable finale.

This ends the adventures of Captain Alisa Marchenko and her valiant crew of the Nomad. Alisa has fought to find her lost daughter and, with the help of the Colonel of the Imperial Cyborg Corp, Leonidas, has reached a Happy Ending. But maybe it’s not quite the end of Nomad’s adventures because Captain Marchenko might have some unhappy Mafia families out there watching for her? A good read.
Timnah
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying ending to a surprisingly fun space opera

I continue to be impressed and entertained by the originality and quality of this series, from compelling characters who upend their tropes to action that serves to advance and support the plot, the whole thing was a remarkable amount of FUN!
Kenneth M.
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cared enough about the characters that I read the entire series and nothing else. I believe young adults would enjoy the stories, The girls would enjoy the story from a female Point of view.

Having caught middle school for a lot of years I'd like to think I'm knowledgeable in what is appropriate for that age group
Mark Goletto
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t know

The series was fairly interesting but the so called inappropriate humor of Alisa’s got real old early in the series. I’ve read some of Buroker’s other books and they seem to follow the same theme; a smart mouthed heroine. I find it hard to believe that someone would be cracking smart ass comments during a life or death situation.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: End Game [July 2019] 3 21 Jul 18, 2019 12:07PM
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicated listing 2 13 Apr 23, 2018 01:39AM

• Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1)
  • The Tracker's Dilemma (Mandrake Company #6)
  • Star Rebels: Stories of Space Exploration, Alien Races, and Adventure
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)
  • The Ruins of Karzelek (Mandrake Company, #4)
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company, #5)
  • Orion (Star Guardians, #1)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • Frost Station Alpha: The Complete Series (Frost Station Alpha, #1-6)
  • Mandrake Company (Books 1-4)
  • Across the Galactic Pond Box Set: Far Beyond Complete Series
  • Sagitta (Star Guardians, #3)
  • Ariston (Star Guardians, #6)
  • Rebellion. The Complete Series.
  • Treyjon (Star Guardians, #2)
  • Harbinger (First Colony Book 9)
  • Daylight
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Fallen Empire (8 books)
  • Star Nomad (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Honor's Flight (Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Starseers (Fallen Empire, #3)
  • Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire, #4)
  • Cleon Moon (Fallen Empire, #5)
  • Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)
  • Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)
“two people on it at the time?” Mica asked.” 0 likes