Start by marking “Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken, #3)” as Want to Read:
Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken, #3)

Betrayed by Lies

(Bound and Broken #3)

From the USA Today bestselling author of the Unbreakable series, comes a sexy, heart-wrenching novel…Betrayed by Lies.

As an ATF agent, bringing down the Estrada cartel has been my sole mission. I’m a skilled agent, determined and fearless, but a relentless pursuit and a willingness to risk everything almost killed me.

A year later, when an opportunity in Los Angeles present
Published April 24th 2017 by Rebecca Shea Author LLC

To ask other readers questions about Betrayed by Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayed by Lies

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐3.75 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

After knowing what happened to Sam in “Bound by Lies”, I knew that this man had to get his Happily ever after and I’m glad he did. Betrayed by Lies” was a story about redemption, finding love when you least expected it, and most importantly being there for your family.

Eighteen months ago Sam Cortez’s life changed dramatically. Deciding that he needs a fresh start in order to move on, he moves to California to continue his job as an ATF agent. New City, new people, what coul
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 very final stars

photo 39E6F3F6-B86D-4833-8823-4EEBDF3DCC85_zps5yjaui1h.jpg

Wow ok I've spent my week with these characters and so for me this final book was one big epilogue of sorts. It was surely the icing on the cake. Even though this is Sam and Kate's story it kind of wrapped everything up in a nice Colourful bow.

So what's it about?
Sam is dealing with the aftermath of all that happened at the end of Bound by Lies. Without giving anything away he is now moving forward with his life and so has moved to LA to start over, it's a fresh start and he
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.25 - 4.50
Betrayed by Lies is the third installment in the Bound and Broken series.  This book can be read as a standalone, even though it’s the third book in this series.  I hadn't read the first two books and did not feel lost, but I did feel like I missed out on two other great books, which I now plan on reading. This fast-paced, insta-love mafia romance was super entertaining and sexy. One-click worthy.

This review appears on www.kindlecrack.net, www.facebook.com/kindlecrack, Goodreads, Am
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

I really enjoyed all 3 books in this series, but there was something about this one that I was really drawn to, something about it that I found very compelling.

Is it necessary to know Sam's past to be able to follow his relationship with Kate? Technically, no. This book is really a standalone with references to past events and recurring characters.

BUT

That said, you really, really, need to read the first 2 before you read this one. For a couple of
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Betrayed by Lies is book three in ‘the Bound and Broken Series’ by Rebecca Shea, and tells the story of Sam. In the previous books, I wasn’t happy with Sam’s decisions and actions, but since then eighteen months have passed, and Sam has done a lot of thinking. I’m not angry with him anymore, and I love how he finds his Happily Ever After with Kate.
“New office. New job. New city. New state. New life. A chance to start over. A chance to leave the past where it belongs…in the past.”

Sam is finally
Emma
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
A family divided, a love denied, Sam really knows how to take sibling rivalry one step too far ;)

Following the end of Bound by Lies and the close brush with death, Sam relocates to LA for a fresh start and to hopefully lay the ghosts of his past to rest. Although Betrayed by Lies is the third book in the series it is possible to read it as a stand-alone, there are enough details dropped in the narrative to give the background history to Sam and his decision to relocate. I did find it also emphas
Franci Neill
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Starting Over Brings Love and Redemption Stars!!!

The minute I finished Bound By Lies I NEEDED to have Sam's story. I just knew there was so much more to him than what we got in the first two books...more so in book two. Boy was I right!

Because of who he became, a top agent in law enforcement, this man's life was derailed and almost ended by the person that is supposed to protect and love you unconditionally. As we all learned that man wasn't capable of those emotions. Thank goodness Sam grew
Nikki
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Betrayed by Lies is the third book in the Bound and Broken series. While I think it is possible to read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading Broken by Lies and Bound by Lies first. There are some background elements that will make more sense to a reader if they're familiar with the story.

Betrayed by Lies is Sam's story. Sam, an ATF agent, is new to LA, CA after moving from Phoenix. He meets Kate, who is the sister of his boss.
The bosses sister should be off-limits, but Sam and Kate can't
Hms
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and sexy read with a little suspense thrown in for good measure.
Heather Pollock
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, favorites
#Review @beccasheaauthor

QueenZany 5 Star Review
Betrayed by Lies
Rebecca Shea

Betrayed by Lies is a beautifully breathtaking ending to a remarkable series!
One that will you dying for a Sam in your life!

But, hell I had no clue how Rebecca Shea was going to close this series!
I was, indeed worried about it! Never fear Peeps! She had killed it! Yes, She slayed it! Had me swooning from the get go! I mean, I thought Alex was the it!! Well now there is a new Book boyfriend and it’s Sam! Oh yes, Sam!
I t
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“...when you have the connection that you and I have, sometimes you have to throw out the rules and just roll with what's happening.”

Okay, I'm probably half-half of those. I mean, I felt for Sam, but I was more in love with Alex. So sorry Sam!

“Pain- it's the only way I know I'm alive.”

I love how the story started. That part, where Sam had felt those bullets and thought he would be dead, was an intense moment and actually, I'm not sure if I wanted him dead or not. Brutal, I know!
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Betrayed by Lies is the third book in the Bound and Broken series. Rebecca is one of my go to authors. I read everything she writes. Her writing is always fantastic, emotional and often heartbreaking. It also helps that she's an incredible human being. I've read all of Rebecca's books and Sam is one of my favorite characters. I know everyone loves Alex, and I do too, but there was just something about Sam that has called to me since the beginning of this series. I actually rooted for Emilia to p ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Years ago, when I first read a book by Rebecca Shea I knew then that she was going to be not only an amazing author but one that would only get better and better with each book. She hasn’t just gotten better, but she is an author that I never hesitate to pick up one of her books and read. She will at times destroy you; put you back together again only to repeat the cycle. Her books will keep you on the edges of y
Becca
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After everything that went down with his family in Phoenix, Sam is ready to start over. A fresh start. So when he is given an opportunity to move to Los Angeles he takes it. He never expected to meet Kate, the sister to his boss Nick and his new landlord.

Kate is a workaholic. Although she would love to have a family of her own, she’s content with her nephews and her best friend’s kids. Sure she would love to have a guy in her life, but with her job, she just hasn’t met “the guy”, But when Sam Co
Joy
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great addition to the Bound and Broken series! I loved Sam and was so grateful that we got his story. This is fast paced and quick but what a great read. Rebecca Shea did a great job of bringing this family full circle. I loved seeing ALL of the relationships in this story evolve.

Kate and Sam's story is hot, passionate and fun to read. There's a really great dynamic at work here that I thoroughly enjoyed. This could probably be read as a standalone. However I wouldn't suggest it. The sto
Natasha
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sam captured my heart when I read him Bound and Broken Series. He was the man that I swooned over and now we get to do it again. But first thing, you can read this as a standalone, but why would you. You need to read the Bound and Broken books 1 and 2. Ok back to Sam.

Sam is an officer that was shot and almost died trying to bring down his fathers empire. He survives the shooting, but needs a fresh start. So he moves to LA and begins to really enjoy his job. Tired of living in a Hotel he receive
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although book 3 can be read as a standalone I wouldn't recommend it as you meet the MC in book 2 and find a lot about the character and his backstory in this book. But what a wonderful addition to a great series.
This book is based on Sam, who as I said met in book 2 and know a great deal about, therefore this book focuses more on the most recent and not a lot of detail is given about who he was etc. The same is also said for that of Katie there is not a great detail of history for her and I fee
Krista Ricchi
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story brings the series to a full circle. I have always had a soft spot for Sam. He has a beautiful soul and I loved that he got his own happy ending. He only wants what is best for everyone. He’s the kind of man who gives up his own happiness for the people he loves. In the end after all the bloodshed and tears (mine) I finally feel this series is complete. Rebecca is an incredibly talented author. She created this amazing world that sucks you in and spits you back out but you can't help b ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally it's Sam's turn, it's Sam's turn, the man is not bashful "not staring. Watching." I don't try to hide that I'm watching her… that she turns me on." Kate was just so easy to love, the girl had a way about her, "...and I've yet to see one, but my neighbor told me he had a snake." Her eyes grow wide with fear at the idea. "I'd die. I honest to God would die if there was a snake in my backyard." She visibly shudders when she says that. "So I pretend they don't exist." I loved this book, it w ...more
Sherry
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So glad that we got to come full circle in this series. While this can be read as a stand alone you will gain so much more from Sam's background if you read the great books that are this ones's predecessor.

Sam. Broken by his past that came at him head on and needing a change, he up and leaves his life on Arizona for a new life in LA. Starting with a fresh slate seems like just what he needs. Looking for anything more than a new place to rest his head and a place where his complicated life won't
Kaitlyn
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What?!? That's it? No way!!! Holy crap this book was amazing!! More Sam, yes please!! I adored him in the first two books of this series and was ready to experience his happy ending. And I definitely was t disappointed!!

Sam moves to LA after everything that went down in Phoenix. It's time for him to move on. Little did he know he'd find the person he'd move on with right away. Kate, she's sweet, fierce, kind, and has a great big heart. These two hit if off right away. There are some twists and
BookHookup
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is a quick read, but such a good one. If you love New Adult romances done right, this is a must for your TBR, you won’t regret it! Sam and Kate are both strong and independent characters that know how to show their vulnerabilities. Together, with their red hot attraction, Betrayed by Lies is a romance that will make you swoon.

Happy reading!
Rosemarie McKenzie
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book!!!! I couldn't put it down not even for minute. This is Sam Cortez's story we are talking about, I have waited patiently for this book to come out & I was so darn happy when I got it first!!!

Love, love, love what Rebecca did with Sam's story, she gave him the story that he deserved and we get to see him put the pieces of his past back together. Beautiful man, this book was just so beautifully written that when I was done with reading it a tear leaked out.
Ashley
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh Sam.....I knew you were gonna make me love you even more!!
I knew as soon as it was announced that Sam would be getting his own book that it would steal my heart! After the way we left Sam in Bound by Lies, he deserved an ending. And Rebecca did him justice. Kate was the perfect match for him. He was exactly what she needed. It was hard to say goodbye to these characters who I love, but I am so happy with the ending!
Celeste
This review was originally posted on The Book Hookup here .
Amy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Sometimes you have to throw out the rules and just roll with what’s happening.”

This is the book that I’ve been waiting for!! If you’ve been following the Bound and Broken Series, than you have been waiting with baited breath, just as I have to get your hands on Sam’s story. And I gotta tell you, Sam’s story was so worth the wait. One thing I must tell you before I continue on with my review is that Betrayed By Lies is not a stand-alone novel. Even though it is Sam’s story, you will need to read
Lora
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

HOLY WOW! HOT! SEXY! ROMANTIC! PERFECTION!!!

I was so sad for Sam at the end of Bound by Lies and only wanted him to find some happiness because he was such a good guy. He was deserving of the best and I’m so glad he met Kate!!

Kate is the perfect girl for Sam because she doesn’t take any crap and she needed him as much as he needed her.

Ms. Shea did a wonderful job of bringing this story to life and helping me find some closure for Sam - and even Alex and Emilia - but mostly
Liz
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sam's story! This was a quick, easy read.

3.5 stars.
Candace
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Sam from the previous two books that were mainly about his brother Alex and their strained relationship.
I felt Sam was always searching for his HEA and was looking in the wrong places until he moved and found Kate. And then there was love-lust at first sight. Kate and Sam had that combustible relationship from the start.
I loved how fast this book read. It was sexy and fun and still had that bit of action needed. It also gave us a glimpse of Alex and Emilia's life now. Also Kate's fun f
Michella
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fantastic quick read. Sam finally gets an HEA. Sexy, sweet with low angst. Highly recommend reading Broken and Bound by Lies first.
  • Untitled (Unlikely, #3)
  • Torn Wings (The Never Dark, #2)
  • Frantic Hope (The Redeeming Trilogy, #2)
  • With Every Song (Cities of Love, #2)
  • Always
  • Caged
  • Corkscrewed
  • Wiccan Born (Wiccan, #2)
  • Every Move You Make: A Hacked Novel
  • Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • Kindred Spirits (Carrier Spirits, #2)
  • Over the Line (On the Run, #2)
  • My One (Halo, #4)
  • Balancing Pointe (CageVec Security, #2)
  • Loving Alek
  • The Misapprehention of Violet Hall
  • Luck and Faith (Luck, #2)
  • Untitled (The OGs, #2)
I grew up in the suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and currently reside in Phoenix, AZ with my family.

Aside from reading and writing, I enjoy spending time with friends, hiking, watching my boys play football, my daughter dance, and baking (not cooking...those are two very different things!)

I am obsessed with margarita's, coffee, and diet coke and can't live without my iPad.

Bound and Broken (3 books)
  • Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken, #1)
  • Bound by Lies (Bound and Broken, #2)