Start by marking “Mists of the Serengeti” as Want to Read:
Mists of the Serengeti

Mists of the Serengeti

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  2,045 Ratings  ·  562 Reviews
Once in Africa, I kissed a king...

"And just like that, in an old red barn at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, I discovered the elusive magic I had only ever glimpsed between the pages of great love stories. It fluttered around me like a newborn butterfly and settled in a corner of my heart. I held my breath, afraid to exhale for fear it would slip out, never to be found
ebook, 1st Edition, 360 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Pitch73 Publishing

Aestas Book Blog
Dec 08, 2016 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing
::: FIRST 6 STAR RATING OF THE YEAR!!!!! :::

WOW! WOW! W.O.W!!!! If you've been looking for a story that will sweep you away, one that you will feel with all of your heart and soul, one that will take on a journey unlike any you've been on, one that'll break your heart and then put it back together, then this is the book for you!!! From the moment I heard about it, I knew I had to read it. And now, having finished it, I can say with full certainty that THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I HAVE EVER
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Mists of Serengeti (stand-alone). An epic saga of loss, life, purpose & love!

Tragedy brought them together.

Coffee farmer Jack Warden lost his daughter.

Teacher Rodel Harris Emerson lost her sister.

Each coped with their losses differently.

A greater cause gave them purpose.

It was a mission with many challenges.

Through friendship passion burnt hot with the clock ticking.

They came to see how interwoven life truly is.

“Kissing Jack was like kissing a slumbering lion. He barely moved, but
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Feb 14, 2017 Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars!!

'Mists of the Serengeti' is poignant, beautiful, inspiring, unique and breathtaking. It is like nothing I’ve ever read before. It is purely and simply amazing. This thought-provoking and so stunningly written story touched me deeply. I finished this book days ago and I’m still thinking about it. It made me speechless and it made me feel. This book is epic from cover to cover. Needless to say, I can already tell that Leylah Attar’s newest release will be on my favorite shelf this year.

Jennifer Kyle
Jan 21, 2017 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arcs
5 + STARS

"Once in Africa, I kissed a king..."

description

I’ve been rendered speechless by this book. It’s definitely a journey of epic proportions. I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve been using a thesaurus to find other words to use for: beautiful, powerful, stunning, unforgettable, inspiring, you get the idea.

“My greatest loss had led to my greatest love. Hearts were broken, and hearts were healed. Lives were lost, and lives were saved.”

description

My mind keeps going back to the epilogue which BRILLIANTLY conn
Alex is The Romance Fox
This book has been on my mind long after I finished reading the last page.....something like over a week ago. I've read some good and some great books and even some incredible ones too.
 photo sherlock-reading_zpsr0r4b9rl.gif
But this one - Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar is one of those timeless ones...a story that spoke directly to my soul. It evoked images, memories and so many emotions in me. A book that has stayed with you forever from the moment you put it down and no matter how much you try...it's like the author's wor
Anna's Ramblings ツ

"We are all connected. Taleenoi olngisoilechashur."

You know you loved the book when you can't stop thinking about it no matter how hard you try, when you rush home after work looking forward to stopping at every red light because you finally, finally have a chance to read at least one word before real life and mundane things rob you again of the opportunity to savour this incredible book.

I loved everything about this book.
I loved the concept of the story.
I loved the setting.
I loved the wri
Bibi
Jan 31, 2017 Bibi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
**Spoiler**

I am despondent. Ms. Attar is one of my fail-safe authors, this book however, was indulgent and specious.

But first, thank you to Ms. Attar for:
• taking us on a road trip through East Africa (Tanzania, to be exact)
• highlighting the humanitarian issues that persist in parts of that culture and
• the intelligent and vivid prose.

Now, on to the (love) story itself.

Even though I finished Mists of the Serengeti less than 24 hours ago, I struggle to remember the main characters. Jack- the H
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦We've pimped this book out so much already that I don't even know what to add :D lol I obviously loved it and would recommend it to any romance junkie who loves slow burn stories with a well-developed plot and complex characters. You can check out Arianna's fantastic in-depth review on the blog HERE.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Elizabeth
"Once in Africa, I kissed a king..."
description

Mists of the Serengeti is an epic love story that brings two broken people together in order to make each other whole again. With action, passion, tenderness, and beauty this story has left me completely awestruck. Set in Africa amidst a world of chaos and quiet beauty, we find that we are all connected in a unique and extraordinary way.

description
"We don't always understand the things we do. We just do them and hope we'll feel better."
Rodel Emerson is a young teac
Maddie
Mar 08, 2017 Maddie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cr, favorite

Pull a thread here and a life unravels there.

Prologue
description
It is devastating to read about the terrorist attack, how the author described how it happened at the Kilimani Mall, which in a matter of minutes both changed Ro and Jack’s lives as they knew it

I felt the pain Jack had when he could not save the one person he loved the most, I also felt the pain of Ro not picking up the most important phone call, and the devastating reality when listening to the message that was left for her when it was to
Loyda
EARLY #LIVE #ALERT
Amazon--> http://a.co/1Vgjmad

5★★★★★EPIC stars

Genre: Contemporary Fiction/Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual

description
"All we really want is to feel that we matter-that we're seen, that we're heard."

description

Rodel (Ro) Emerson; received the worse call of her life and in that call she truly thought her like ended but it was only the beginning. She took the flight to Tanzania and there in Africa she meets unforgettable people that crosses her life and she would never be the same aga
warhawke
Jan 22, 2017 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of inspirational stories
Genre: Contemporary Fiction/Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Rodel (Ro) Emerson ended up in Tanzania due to a tragedy. A simple trip for closure turned into something more when she discovered unfinished businesses she couldn't turn a blind eye to. But she knew she couldn't do it alone.

Jack Warden used to have everything until he lost the one thing that ever mattered. Faced with a dilemma, he willingly took a chance even when he knew he could end up even more hollow that he
Snow

6 "We are all connected" stars

"You lose people you love. Over and over again. Some get taken away from you. Some walk away. And some you learn to let go."

It took one instant to take numerous innocent lives due to a tragedy, and it shattered many more that stayed behind.

Rodel/Ro Harris Emerson is a teacher in England, satisfied with the conformity of her solid, pleasant life until she loses her sister in Kilimani Mall explosion in Tanzania, Africa. She takes upon herself to collect her siste
Christie«SHBBblogger»
*****NOW LIVE EARLY!*****

Title: Mists of the Serengeti
Series: Standalone
Author: Leylah Attar
Release date: January 31, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

I just finished this book minutes ago, and I'm sitting here trying to choke down all the emotions this book has me feeling. I wanted to write this while the words I soaked in are still fresh in my mind. Though, honestly, I don't see this incredible story fading whatsoever. It was just that poignant and breathtaking for me.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ND0KWBH/...

5 INTENSE Stars

“We don’t always understand the things we do. We just do them and hope we’ll feel better.”

This book was incredible.It's one of those stories that you will never forget.I'm still thinking about this every day.Mists of the Serengeti was a powerful,unique,intense and emotional story with a heavy romance.

description

"Maybe it was a necessary lie,one we were trying to convince ourselves of, but in that moment, with my hand resting in Jack's warm solid
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
Absolutely riveting. Gorgeous. 6+++++ stars. This book left me speechless in the best of ways. A new all time favorite! ❤

"Sometimes you come across a rainbow story-one that spans your heart. You might not be able to grasp it or hold on to it, but you can never be sorry for the color and magic it brought."

By now, this book is being talked about everywhere and it only just released. I read it about a week ago and I can say, with 100% certainty, I knew this book was going to be huge. How did I
CC
6+ Stars!

description

Rodel “Ro” Emerson is a teacher in England. While she is content with her life, she’s always lived vicariously through her uninhibited and spontaneous sister. However, when Ro receives news of her sister's death in Tanzania, she is confronted with regret and grief. Off to put her sister to rest, Ro journeys to Africa in hopes of finding solace but finds much more than she had ever imagined.

“The most profound, most memorable moments of life are the ones that make you feel. And that’s w
Nawal
Nov 28, 2016 Nawal rated it it was amazing
OMG the tears! I started this book not knowing what to expect. It was both sad, full of joy and bittersweet. It hurts so much but feels so good. I don’t think anything will ever compare to this crazy, beautiful adventure I have just been on.

I am a city girl, 100%, but after this I want so much to visit Tanzania and see it’s magic for myself. This story truly takes you on an unforgettable journey, in the Serengeti. Through villages and farms, the different problems people face, the simple way of
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
6 STUNNING STARS******
 photo 56778CB4-C06F-4CFE-A938-027A6961E08E_zpshk89jrzt.jpg

Oh man what a stunning, beautiful story.

Two people lost a loved one tragically on one day in the same Mall and so two people who are slightly lost and majorly lost but where one girl teaches one man how to live and dream and be again.

Ro is the stable kind of girl, she knows routine, and lives in her books wants a home which she just succeeds in getting and is a lovely school teacher. Her sister though is the fly by the wall kind of girl, the traveler and so on one summe
Ana
Jan 22, 2017 Ana marked it as to-read
A beautiful setting for a beautiful book.

photo 6-slide-serengeti-wildlife-safari-migration-pano_zpsc88svoae.jpg
Mirjam
Jan 24, 2017 Mirjam rated it it was amazing
Once in Africa, I kissed a king…

Jack Warden, coffee farmer in Tanzania, only 30 years, coping with his share of storms life has thrown him. Losing his parents at just seven years old, divorced from his college sweetheart and losing his 8-year old daughter Lilly during a vicious attack, has turned Jack into a dark and bitter man.

Rodel Emerson, 24 years, recent graduate and house owner in Cotswolds UK, and a newly teacher learns through a news broadcast, that she lost her sister, Montego, durin
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
dnf @38%

This was a beautifully written story, set in Tanzania, the author really took us to the majestic countryside of this wonderful African country - having been to Africa myself, I could picture everything she was describing, and I could see everything playing in my head like a film.

I loved the exploration of the plight of albino children in this culture, and applaud the author for bringing this awful subject matter to a wider audience.

Unfortunately, I wasn't connecting to the love story bet
Didi
5 STARS

What a beautiful, spellbinding and affecting story. Mists of the Serengeti is a powerhouse of emotions that left me feeling like I had been swept up into an epic and memorable windstorm.
Weaving a magical story from an actual event, MofS takes the tragic occurrence of the Westgate mall attack in Tanzania, and builds a moving, poignant and ultimately uplifting fictional tale from it.
The beautiful prose was amazing. The way LA writes this haunting, yet ultimately hopeful and splendid tale
Myla
Jan 23, 2017 Myla rated it it was amazing

I didn’t expect to fall in love with this book. But I did, immensely!

Unfortunate events lead for Ro (Rodel) and Jack to meet. At first Jack is adamant into helping Ro in whatever favor she’s asking. But eventually he came around and finally agrees to help Ro. I was captivated how the story of Ro and Jack unfolds as I turn each pages of this book. The start of their relationship maybe wasn’t pleasant but after what they have gone through, this is how epic love story are made of.

Goma is one woman
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 07, 2017 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-top-fave
The prologue reveal is complete! Check out the following blogs to read it in its entirety!

Part 1: Natasha is a Book Junkie http://bit.ly/NIABJexcerpt
Part 2: Shh Moms Reading: http://bit.ly/ShhMistsExcerpt
Part 3: Angie and Jessica's Dreamy Reads: http://ajdreads.com/2jpzOjo
Part 4: Vilma's Book Blogg: http://vilmasbookblog.com/excerpt-mis...
Part 5: Maryse's Book Blog: http://www.maryse.net/news/final-excl...

**********************************************
There is nothing that this author writes that
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "Taleenoi olngisoilechashur" Stars!!!
“Sometimes you come across a rainbow story—one that spans your heart. You might not be able to grasp it or hold on to it, but you can never be sorry for the color and magic it brought.”

It's been a while since I read a book that had me rendered speechless that in effect had me the hardest time writing a review. Not because I don't like it, but because I do not know how to put my emotions into writing. Once I write my review there's no turning back, I s
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Mists of the Serengeti is a thought provoking, life affirming drama bookended by a prologue and an epilogue that will completely steal your breath away. I dare you to read the prologue of this book and not be immediately ensnared. There is no way you can read that prologue and not feel compelled to see where Leylah Attar is taking these characters, where she's taking her readers. This story begins with a tragedy, an atrocity so vile and heartbreaking I couldn't breathe. It ends with an epilogue ...more
Parvathy
Feb 20, 2017 Parvathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5+ stars!

What could I say about this story other than it is beautiful and enthralling beyond words? Every word, every emotion, every feeling portrayed captivated my heart and I fell in love...!! Fell in love with the story, the characters, the wonderful and mystical and magical world, the soul-stirring passion, the deep and breathtaking emotions and the celebration that is life.

Jack and Rodel and their journey evoked in me feelings which cannot be explained in words. Nothing else can be said t
Timitra
Jan 21, 2017 Timitra rated it it was amazing
Mists of the Serengeti was an amazingly brilliant and beautiful story. It was also very painful to read at times not only because parts of it was sad but also because of there were some downright ugly parts that highlighted the worst that humanity has to offer. It was also light hearted, funny and one of the best romances I have had the pleasure of reading.

The characters were well drawn, both main and secondary. I loved that Jack was grumpy and surly. I love those types of heroes. I loved that
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 05, 2017 Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bests
A mix between “Gone With The Wind”, “Out of Africa” and “Spy Games”.

5 “Taleenoi olngisoilechashur. We are all connected.” Stars

It was grand! Not because it was a big book only 360 pages but because it was grandiose, packed with so many messages, intense moments, grief, heartbreak, rebirth, hope, utter despair and gorgeous backdrop.

Whereas the horrific events made me fall into the book immediately I needed some time to get used to the sometimes “flamboyant” phrasing. I get the attraction between
Maryse's Book Blo...: Mists of the Serengeti buddy read and spoilers 91 12 Feb 24, 2017 04:05AM
Leylah Attar writes stories about love - shaken, stirred and served with a twist. When she's not writing, she can be found pursuing her other passions: photography, food, family and travel. Sometimes she disappears into the black hole of the internet, but can usually be enticed out with chocolate.
More about Leylah Attar...

“Sometimes you come across a rainbow story—one that spans your heart. You might not be able to grasp it, but you can never be sorry for the color and magic it brought.” 8 likes
“Some circles never close, some wounds never heal. Love is like that. It leaves you forever open, forever vulnerable.” 7 likes