Start by marking “Add Love and Mix” as Want to Read:
Add Love and Mix

Add Love and Mix

Firefighter Jason "Jase" Weller and EMT Scott Bronson are living the perfect life. They work together in jobs they love, they live together, and in their downtime, they still can’t get enough of each other. It’s been six amazing years. Then on Christmas Eve, Jase’s former lover Elsa shows up with a six-year-old girl in tow. The strung-out junkie claims Kerry is Jase’s daug ...more
Published December 26th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Add Love and Mix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Add Love and Mix

Start your review of Add Love and Mix
Diverse
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

The title for this book is truly a perfect fit. It starts with Jase and Scott. Two guys who have been in a relationship for six years. They owned a house, one was a fireman the other an EMT. They had the same shifts so they were always together. Then one Christmas Eve a woman, Elsa, arrives and announces to Jase that Karissa (the six year old girl by her side) was his.

Elsa omg I wanted to beat her to death. She was abusive to Karissa. She called her horrible names and physically assau
Trio
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awww, that was just so very sweet. It was the first book by SM I have read like this... I usually go for the ones heavy in kink, and the author does thoes so well. Usually the best thing about a Sean Michael book though, is the characters, and this one has some great ones. Loved the dynamic between Scott and Jase, they were great together. It was a very interesting story which held my interest throughout, and it was nicely written and well edited.
Gigi
Dec 21, 2016 marked it as back-burner-for-now
I'm having a hard time getting into this one. Putting it down for a few days and will start fresh!
Chelsea
Broken Heart :-( - DNF

This was a super sweet, uplifting story about a little girl who has been neglected by her drug addicted mother and then gets united with her father and his long-term partner. There is hope, love and quite a bit of fear as these two men become instant dads to this six year old girl, so why didn’t I even finish it? I got sooooo bored!

I don’t really know what I was expecting, if I was expecting anything in particular at all, but it most definitely was not a ‘preparing for pare
Donna
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
I enjoyed the Mannies, Inc. series, so I knew that this would be a hit for me! Yes, I know some of you are thinking, "but this isn't a great literary work of art." Duh, why would I want to read stuffy, overdramatic books written by drunk authors that are either dead and gone or so out of touch with the world today that I want to bang their heads on a wall... but, I digress! *clears throat*

Let me start again... even though I do find this author's work "simple"? I have never finished one of his b
Kim
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great mm contemporary story. I love they way this author writes, and I’ll be reading more books from him. This story was about a firefighter and a EMT in an established relationship and a 6 year old girl added to the mix.
Annie
Add Love and Mix deals with an established couple facing a major life change in the form of a 6 year old daughter who was previously not known about. The book gives an honest look into how an unexpected upheaval can tax even a solid long term relationship and force partners to either work together or grow apart. While I like this idea of an established couple having to find themselves again, there were a few things that kept me from falling hard for this story.

The book opens with the couple, Jas
Sylvia
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it

I liked this one just fine.
hated the nicknames though
Lisa The Novel Approach
~ Narration Rating 2.5 Stars ~

Jason Weller is a firefighter. His boyfriend, Scott Bronson, is an EMT at the same firehouse. Their live together, work together, and built what seems like the best possible life they could live. In the past, Jason has dated both women and men, until he met Scott. They have been together ever since. So, it is a surprise to both when Jason’s last girlfriend shows up with a child, claiming her to be Jason’s. The surprise is compounded by the fact that Jason’s former
Diane Dannenfeldt
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 200-300_pgs, m-m
That was a really cute read. I loved that they didn't run from the situation but Made a plan and worked it out. The slight jealousy issues, all the worries and the feeling of helplessness all felt real. The sexy times were a little tamer then most of Ms. Michael's books but in comparison to the story line, it worked perfectly.
Anke
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Another one of my 3* reads. It was nice enough, but somehow something was missing. Perhaps it was too easy, too repetitive. It was a quiet and uneventful story that just drifted along.
And I didn't like the nicknames.
Jenny Wood
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Sean Michael’s way he writes about daddies and mannies and cute kids that you can’t help but fall in love with. This one was no different.

Jase and Scott have been partners for the last six years. They work together as emergency responders, Jase a firefighter and Scott an EMT, at the same firehouse; working the same shifts and being content just the two of them, happy, together and in love. Everything was perfect for them.
Then, an ex of Jase’s stops by and drops a huge surprise in his lap
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Jase and Scott have been together in a committed relationship for 6 years. They work the same shifts at the fire station they are both employed at. Jase as a firefighter and Scott an EMT. Scott and Jase not only work together, but live together, as well. Everything is going great in their relationship until Jase's past comes back to haunt him. Jase i
Ariel
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
Love Comes in Threes

This is a cute family book of two men who love each other immensely and one of them gets a daughter dropped in his lap. This book tells of how they have to adjust their life to enfold and accommodate the child.

Scott and Jase are a great couple. They love each other completely and will do anything for each other. For the past six years they've worked together and they live in the same house. They are truly the perfect couple.

The little girl is really cute. For a six-year-old s
Mocchan
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporain
a pleasant read with a steady background, which is rare from this author. his families story are the best though
Abra
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but the ending was a bit rushed, which is why I gave it three rather than four stars.

Add Love and Mix is a book about an established couple, Scott and Jase, suddenly adjusting to taking care of a six year old. Jase is bi and fathered a daughter before he and Scott got together. Jase had no idea Kerry existed until the day she and her mother showed up at the firehouse. Before then, Jase and Scott had a very comfortable life. They worked their shifts together and got to enjoy th
F.
A lovely heart-warming story of love and understanding. Scott and Jase are an established couple, secure in their relationship and happy with their lives when a bombshell in the shape of a 6 year old girl is suddenly dropped into their laps. Jase is bi and this christmas gift is from a relationship he had before he met Scott. Karissa has had an abusive upbringing and like any child torn from what they know, has a hard time adjusting. I thought this was well handled but still sanitised and toned ...more
Cathy Brockman
Add Love and Mix is a sweet romance between two men that have their lives worked out. Scott is a paramedic and Jase is a firefighter. They have been together for years. To be together more they work the same shifts.. When Elsa shows up with Jase's child and a druggie he wonders how much else he doesn't know and if this will change their relationship. It is a story of life change and true love.

I loved both Jason and Scott and especially Carrie. I enjoyed seeing how they worked out their new life.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
This was really cute.
I happened to have good timing reading this. I think it was more enjoyable for me, because I read it during major stress...and it was nice to have something sweet.

This is not the sex fest that you usually find in a Sean Michael story. I really enjoy his stories that don't have a lot of sex. (But I also find times I like the sex fest also, when I'm in the mood)

The mother in this story was disgusting. I'm glad she didn't have a lot of page time.
I liked the guys adjusting to t
Steve
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-m-m, gay
Firefighter Jason “Jase” Weller and EMT Scott Bronson are living the perfect life. They work together in jobs they love, they live together, and in their downtime, they still can’t get enough of each other. It’s been six amazing years. Then on Christmas Eve, Jase’s former lover Elsa shows up with a six-year-old girl in tow. The strung-out junkie claims Kerry is Jase’s daughter and it’s his turn to care for her, and then she walks out.

And that is just the start of the action.

Well written and bel
Heather Rawlins
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will start that I love Sean Michael’s books, so I know I am biased. I loved this book. Plus it’s in Canada, another bias for me. But I still totally enjoyed it. Firefighter and EMT, seriously, how can you go wrong when you add in a cute little girl. It was a steady pace, the MCs were likable and not perfect and definitely had some frailties. I would totally recommend this book.
Ayana_*
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wouldn’t recommend.

For those of us who like a good story line this was not it for me and I love read mm romance. But, this book was all over the place for me and Scott was annoying me out of me all throughout the story. I liked the characters I just think it could have been better.
andrea moran
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Add love and mix

This was a heartfelt sweet story, the two MCs work out of the same firehouse as fireman and EMT and are happy with their lives until a surprise child is thrown into the mix
Lori
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice story - nice being the operative word. Ho-hum.
hello there
Sloppy, one dimensional, and shallow.

And what is the point of going out of the way to incorrectly explain what a metaphor is...

Rita C
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of the author’s better ones - decent amount of plot. The conflicts were realistic and the resolution felt earned. Glad they got their happy ever after, after all they went through.
C.B. Abraham
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is it bad that I want more?

I would to see more of these guys. I know its silly but I would like to see more of them but maybe during their dating phase.
inaword
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
In a word: Maybe read the thing. Given that this book is basically about two men in love taking care of a child and becoming a family, I feel like I really should’ve liked it more than I did. I think my main issue with it is that it got a bit down in parts in ways that made me uncomfortable. Jase and Scott have been together for six years. They both have high-stress, high-energy jobs that they love and they’re both thriving in this life cycle of work-sex-sleep-repeat. Then one Christmas Eve, Jas ...more
Hrtnsoul28
I loved this book. Jace and Scott were so in love, the perfect relationship. After 6 years they were still going strong, with work and home, then Christmas eve brought a surprise in the form of Jase's daughter he never knew he had. Scott, never even thought about running instead he sticks it out and tried to make a life for Kerry with Jace. He was angry and everything changed but he never complained and instead went out of his way.
I love how they worked it out and everything although was not per

• Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • The Heart of Texas (Texas, #1)
  • Bonfires (Bonfires #1)
  • BFF
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • First Season (Harrisburg Railers, #2)
  • Kairos
  • rock
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more