Start by marking “Trigger (Circle of Justice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trigger (Circle of Justice, #1)

Trigger (Circle of Justice #1)

*~* STANDALONE NOVEL *~*

A killer . . . that’s what I am.
It’s what I do.
It’s what I live for.
I’m no longer the Preston Hale everyone knew. I left that life and the people in it a long time ago the second I made my first kill. I wasn’t going to give in, but when I heard the screams there was no going back.
It triggered the pain, the need.
I knew what I had to do, and I di
Published by Books by L.P. Dover LLC (first published February 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Trigger, please sign up.

L.P. Dover Hi Kimberly!!

I just submitted it to kindle today! :) It should be on there by this weekend.

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Feb 06, 2017 Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Preston Hale’s life changed forever the day his mother and sister were murdered in cold blood. Finding their killer has become the sole focus of his existence. Until the day he completes that task, he helps deal with the guilt of not being able to prevent their death by working for the FBI ridding the word of criminals that escape the justice system. Recruited by his father, he focuses on killing mainly rapists and child molesters. Few have a higher kill count then Preston, because killing is so ...more
Coco.V
Mar 25, 2017 Coco.V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
"I can't lose you, angel. It'd be the end of me." I kissed her and closed my eyes, fighting back my own tears. "I love you so fucking much. I wish you knew."

L.P. Dover is a new-to-me author and I was not prepared to enjoy this one so much! Well written, this romantic suspense story took me on an emotional journey that I did not expect when I first started it.

Preston Hale and Emma Turner have a past history together. Eight years ago, they used to be friends and bandmates when they were in coll
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

Eight years ago Preston Hale disappeared without a trace taking Emma's heart with him. Now he is back. Cold. Hard. And pretending he doesn't have a clue who Emma is.

Eight years ago the urges to kill became too much for Preston to handle, so he left everything behind to join a secret government agency. A group of assassins that eliminate the dredges of society.

When fate gets a little nudge these two find themselves thrown back together for work. With the guilt of his sister and mother's death wei
Sabrina
Feb 11, 2017 Sabrina rated it really liked it
*LIVE*
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I was honestly not sure about this book at all and went into it preparing myself to not like it. I don't know why, I think because some of the reviews I read confused me as to what this Hero actually was. A killer or an agent? Well turns out he's both. Preston works for a special group of the FBI that assassinate those criminals that escape the justice system.

Preston was a complex character and I loved getting to figure him out. He was haunted by his mothers and siste
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Circle of Justice!!!" stars***

This was my first book by Mrs. Dover, but it won't be the last... I have already my eyes upon her "Second Chances" series....
And yep, this book was also about a second chance, but at the same time, it was something more...

It was about justice, about craving the wrong thing, about finding love and losing it, about a man who left everything behind because of the demons that were hunting him deep down inside and about a woman who never forgot...

As you can unde
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

“Light is easy to love. Show me your darkness.” ~R. Queen

When I first saw that L.P. Dover was shaking things up with a romantic suspense or dark romance, I could not help but get excited! I love dark reads as much as I adore swoon-filled stories. Trigger is the latest sensation by L.P. Dover, a delicious dive into danger and darkness, and MY NEW FAVORITE BOOK BY THIS AUTHOR!

Trigger, like its name, was FAST AND FURIOUS. This riveting romance was a rush, a raging inferno of intensity where I coul
Mojo_Mama
Ever feel like your rating is too high, or you read a different book than everyone else??

“It’s my job, Emma. I’m the leader of a secret FBI group that targets criminals who escaped the justice system. We’re called the Circle of Justice and we’re not cold-blooded killers."

Seriously??
This premise is ludicrous.
Like, wtf are you people smoking?
Here...let me just simplify it.

The H is a Dexter like killer who works indiscriminately off a "kill list" as an assassin for a billion dollar com
The Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! Interesting story with some unexpected events. I thought the beginning of the story was a bit stilted and odd, but once the mystery really begins, I was hooked! See full review on The Book Disciple
Expresso
Jan 26, 2017 Expresso rated it it was amazing
Trigger by LP Lovell

This story is romantic suspense. Nothing dark about it. No mafia. Nothing that I look for in a story. Doesn't matter.....it's a great story!

Preston has suffered greatly. His detachment protects him while slowly killing his soul. But there's light in the form of Emma. She's his match in every way. The "awkward stage" of their relationship is hilarious. Reading their struggle to figure things out is incredibly funny. In between awkward moments, there is the issue of that pesky
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 05, 2017 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I really enjoyed this romantic suspense story. I started this on my phone thinking I'd just read a few pages. However I ended up reading all of this on my phone- every free moment I had I was reading rather than going on social media. Considering I'm on social media too much that is quite an accomplishment.

When Preston reaches rock bottom he leaves everything behind including Emma. Fate has other ideas and they end up meeting again. She is everything he needs in his life but he won't let her in
Jean
Feb 07, 2017 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 Stars

I loved the beginning of this book.  Preston was a total jerkface to Emma......even having the balls to act as if he couldn't remember her from their earlier years and being in a band together.....I mean really, how could you lie about that, but he did!  And yes, I loved his stiff uncaring attitude towards her even if it was all an act! My biggest complaint, he caved too soon......I wanted him to continue to treat her like a stranger....is that bad of me?? But, Preston did not have
Jan
Wow, I Loved Trigger, an exciting second chance romance filled with suspense.

About the plot
Emma and Preston were high school sweethearts but suddenly Preston disappears leaving Emma behind, Emma tries and fails to find him and moves on with her life were as Preston is stuck in the past.

Preston's Mother and sister were brutally murdered unable to let it go for years Preston has undergone training and now works as a type of vigilante with the FBI. Preston with his military background is now par
Carlabulian
Feb 08, 2017 Carlabulian rated it really liked it
3,8. It isn't bad, but I think the story ran fast. However it didn't lose the rhythm. I loved the author's writing. There was nothing left to be solved.
Annie Brewer
Feb 08, 2017 Annie Brewer rated it really liked it

This was such a pleasant surprise of a read. I'm speechless. I went into this story not knowing what to expect and after experiencing lots of different emotions, I can honestly say this was a winner. I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars so I went with the middle. It was full of mystery, suspense, romance and lots of 'holy shit' moments.
It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through with twists and turns. It kept me guessing and turning the pages. What an exciting story!
Pr
Bette Hansen
Jan 22, 2017 Bette Hansen rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Suspense, mystery and a great romance made this one a very enjoyable read. Preston Hale's life changed completely the day his Mother and Sister were killed. Now a trained assassin he's looking for one thing - Revenge! Fearing he's going off the rails others in his "group" pull in the one person who could get through to him. Emma Turner has always had a piece of his heart but he walked away from her. Now she's back in his life and nothing will ever be the same.

This one has a fresh and
Amy
Feb 03, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it
Trigger
LP Dover

Preston had his life changed in the blink of an eye. One night .. not even 24 hours not even 12 .. one night. The loss he suffers is huge and tears him into pieces. Vowing he will find out who took the two most important people away from him he is starting to lose himself in the process as well. The dark end of the tunnel is where he is slipping away.

Emma doesn’t understand why the man she loved just left. He was there and then gone. Years have past and now that same man
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jan 31, 2017 Laura- BookBistroBlog rated it it was amazing
Just finished popping my L.P. Dover cherry with Trigger. What a great pop it was. This book was one heck of a roller coaster. Up, Down, Sideways then loop de loop, then toss in the twist and turns and you've got a great book that left me tapping my screen quickly to turn the pages.

Preston Hale, typical college student who plays in a band. Heading to meet up with his college crush who also happens to be in his band, he comes across a scene that changes his life forever. Dropping everything after
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 02, 2017 Bookgasms Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: george, ratula
Whenever I start an LP Dover book I know that I'm going to be consumed. This author has such a fabulous way of hooking you to a story and then hours later you finish and are still thinking about it. Trigger was absolutely fabulous. It was sexy, suspenseful, full of mystery and most importantly - Electrifying! You felt the connection immediately between the hero and heroine and could not wait to get more of their story.

Preston and Emma have a history. They knew each other 8 years ago but suddenly
Tania's Book Blog
Feb 09, 2017 Tania's Book Blog rated it really liked it
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

Whoa what a book!! I felt like I was reading the script of a Mark Wahlberg movie, Scandal or How to get away with murder. This was a bada$$ book with characters just as bada$$.

Emma & Preston met in college but were never romantically involved; she was his only genuine friend. Preston had demons that followed him ever since his mother and sister were murdered years ago. He always had that chip on his soldier to seek revenge. He walked away from
Evette
Feb 07, 2017 Evette rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I still don’t know how I feel about this book. It’s a romance-sorta. And a mystery-sorta. Suspense-sorta.

Preston, I really wanted to love you. Definitely an alpha male with a strong but tender heart. He has shut down his emotions, thriving only on the kill. The whole competition with Wade-huh, ok. Preston’s need for vengeance is strong, and rightfully so, but it has cut him off from the rest of the world, and the girl he walked away from 8 years ago.

Emma, just never really clicked. She
Amber
Jan 28, 2017 Amber rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed reading LP Dover's work. I originally started out reading her fantasy books and moved onto her romance which were always so HOT! LP Dover definitely didnt disappoint with Trigger, it was full of suspense, emotion and so much more. Preston has a hard exterior, he's dealt with a tragedy like no other. Now he's out for revenge and he wont drag anyone down with him, even if that means leaving those he loves behind.

I really loved Preston's character, he was a bad ass and knew it
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
L.P. Dover is back on the scene with her latest romantic suspense standalone that captivated me from the start and hooked it claws into me until those pages, sadly, quit turning. This author is fantastic, always promising me a twisted journey full of ups, downs and everything in between query happy endings that drama are made of.

Trigger was a sexy, intense, passionate, suspenseful, edge-of-your-seat second chance romance that took my heart by storm and led me on a roller coaster ride that I defi
Michelle Dodd
Jan 24, 2017 Michelle Dodd rated it it was amazing
Trigger was a intense read that gave you a insight in to a professional killer's mind. Preston after experiencing tragedy turned away from his happy college life and embraced a dark solitude of finding his next target. I felt terrible reading about his turmoil and how the darkness of what he did was slowly destroying him that was until he saw Emma again. She completely changed his plans and I especially love her character for sticking to her guns of secretly loving Preston but not wanting to dea ...more
Lisa Venn sims
Jan 10, 2017 Lisa Venn sims rated it it was amazing
One night changed Prestons life for the worse
With the murder of his mum and sister Preston always vowed to catch the person who
killed them he made it his mission to find out who did it but in doing so he didn't have much of a life he was determined to catch the person who ruined his family and his life

Emma couldn't understand what happened to Preston he was there one day and gone the next years later sat at the table with her boss waiting for someone to arrive in walks Preston she couldn't bel
Amanda
description
I was dying to read this based on just the synopsis, but as soon as I started reading I was completely hooked. I could not put it down. I had to know what happened next.
I loved the idea of this book and Preston(swoon). There were so many pieces of this book all layered together to create an amazing story that I almost didn't want it to end. Emma and Preston together were more than I could have hoped for and the ending was perfect. I cannot wait for Wade's book.

Chrissy
Mar 03, 2017 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2017
4.5 Stars

The blurb for this book had me intrigued, and so when Trigger hit my Kindle I knew I needed to start reading it ASAP, and I’m glad I did. Once I started this book I wasn’t able to put it down!

We meet Preston who is one complicated guy. When we first meet him, he seems like your average college guy, and then WHAM he’s a cold blooded killer, but as you get to know more about him, there’s so much more depth, and everything is not as it seems with hi
Heather andrews
Jan 19, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Preston is a man who is very protective of what's his, “good. Because I told him you were dating an MMA fighter who would eff him up if he tried to get in your pants.” Preston knows when his woman is trying to distract him, "...biting her lip. My ***k twitched, as the anger I harbored inside morphed into lust. I knew what she was doing. She knew I’d be livid about tonight. “What are you doing, angel?” I really loved this book, when it came to Emma the man he was all lovable.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡
Jan 26, 2017 ♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10-kindle, 14-arc

I just read Trigger by LP Dover – my first book by this author and here are my thoughts about it

COULD HAVE …received 5 Stars IF
SHOULD HAVE … gotten 5 Stars BUT
WOULD HAVE … made the 5 Stars line BUT

Trigger is actually a great plot. When I started reading the first few pages I became unsure, I thought at first I made a mistake thinking this was a romance novel. Because everything felt like it would become a dark suspense with a hint of romance – Could I read that ? Was my mind in the right place
Debbie
Feb 26, 2017 Debbie rated it really liked it
Preston vanished one day following in his father's footsteps and became an assassin with a top secret FBI group that targets criminals. He helps eliminate the worst kinds of individuals who prey off the innocent and escape the justice system. For years, he's searched for the monster who killed his mother and sister. When a woman he knew is murdered near where his sister was also killed, he's back to see if it's the same killer. Preston didn't expect to see Emma again, the one woman from his past ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Hearts

I have read a few of L.P Dover's series' and they are awesome but I have a feeling this one is going to be my favorite! Trigger is the first book in the Circle of Justice series. It's starts off with Preston and the girl he could never forget...

Eight years. It's been eight years since Preston disappeared without a trace. One day him and Emma were in a band together and great friends and then the next he was gone. No goodbye. No explanation. Just gone. And now he is back but he isn'
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget th
More about L.P. Dover...

Circle of Justice (2 books)
  • Target (Circle of Justice, #2)