Start by marking “Crossing the Line (A Sinner and Saint, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (A Sinner and Saint, #1)

Crossing the Line

(A Sinner and Saint #1)

From #1 Amazon bestselling writer of Pretend You’re Mine, Lucy Score delivers once again with the two-book Sinner & Saint story.

Xavier Saint’s by-the-book rules are thrown out the window when he finds himself crossing lines to keep his beautiful client in line. His business is protecting clients—often from themselves—and as co-founder of one of the top private securit
Kindle Edition, Old Cover, 427 pages
Published November 26th 2016 by That's What She Said Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

Gina
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WARNING!! This book is dangerous.... First of all, it is nearly impossible to put down. I read all 342 pages in two evenings. It would have been one, but my husband insisted that I had to go to work the next day... Secondly, this book will give you all the feels. I laughed, I cried, I cheered and maybe yelled a little... Thirdly, it ends on a cliff-hanger. Fortunately, the second half of this book comes out on December 28th, so I won't have to live in suspense for too much longer.

The characters
Leisa Ann
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have loved Lucy Score's Blue Moon series but I think this series is my new favorite. I love Waverly and Xavier. Lucy is a phenomenal story teller and although I am not a fan of cliff hangers I totally understood the need for a second book to finish their story. Waverly needed time to find herself and I appreciate Lucy not rushing the character in order to get everything in 1 book. I am glad book 2 was downloaded on my kindle and ready to go as soon as I finished book 1.
Bea
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read Pretend You're Mine I knew Lucy was an author to watch. She did not disappoint with this book. Sinner and Saint, Waverly and Xavier respectively, have an instant attraction. Waverly is Hollywood royalty but desires a regular life. Xavier is there to protect her and does just that while simultaneously falling in love with her. Waverly's relationship with her parents (both have their own issues) is strained at best. Xavier begins to really pay attention to the dynamics and gives ...more
Denise
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh. The. Anticipation!

I love the play of words on the characters names...LOL! These characters....I could just jump into this book and shake the stupid out of them!! I like the way the characters are needy in their own way. And the leading male is warring with himself to do the right thing. The amount of time and tension seems about right for the characters to give in, but then the give up cliffhanger..... ok, y'all just read this book.... don't be hatin' on the cliffhanger...just move on into t
Nancy Mederos
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well dang!!

I don't even know where to start! Holy cow this book!! I already love Lucy I think she's a wonderful author, this book took her to another level. Let me just say I don't like cliffhangers, I usually stay away but this book is so worth it.

The characters are to die for, Waverly and Xavier are perfect together. From the very begging I knew they were going to challenge each other, fight and fall in love. They just work and the chemistry is off the charts!

This book is suspenseful, funny,
J Williams
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is an excellent story. What I loved most is the amazing chemistry between Waverly and X right from the beginning. This was certainly no insta-love, far from it but the chemistry was there all along. And I loved watching them slowhy lower their walls as they realized the assumptions they had made about each other were all wrong. This is a sexy heartbreaking tale with a good amount of laugh out loud moments thrown in (seriously, some of the things they say to each other were hilarious!). ...more
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to I begin?! Lucy's ability to tell a story, to describe a place or a feeling, never ceases to amaze me. She has the ability to make you feel a part of the story. To feel her characters joy or anguish. I absolutely adored her Blue Moon series and was excited for an opportunity to read her newest book, Crossing the Line, as an ARC. It does not disappoint! Truly one of the best bodyguard/client stories I have read. It does leave you with a bit of a cliffhanger, but you will not be disappoint ...more
Tracey Miles
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Score!

Lucy Score has blown me away with this one, now mind you I Am Not Fan Of CLIFFHANGERS, but this one is so good that I am counting down the days till the next one! Xavier, Mr sexy and Waverly are swoon worthy themselves but the story is excellent, not just the love but the plot. Get it, read it!!
Andi
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow I'm not sure where to start. My heart is breaking for Waverly & Xavier. This was such a heartfelt story & it's not even close to being over. I don't want to give anything away, but be ready to feel their pain. I'm anxiously waiting for their story to continue.
Andrea  Carlson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story!

I just love Lucy Score novels! Each story is better than the last and Waverly and Xavier are one of my new favorite couples. Lots of heat, angst and deep feels. I can't wait to read Breaking the Rules to see how their story ends. Keep it coming Lucy!
Brittany
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I love Lucy Score and enjoyed this book but I felt like the story was a bit drawn out before the conclusion which ended on a cliffhanger. It took me 3 days to read this when I normally blow through her books in a day and a half at most. I'm still looking forward to book 2 though LOL.
Angela's Book Addiction
Crossing the Line (Sinner & Saint #1) by Lucy Score is a contemporary, forbidden, Hollywood romantic suspense told in third person, dual POV. It's the first half of a duet and contains a complete story, although there are parts that remain unresolved until book two.

Xavier Saint, co-owner of Invictus Security, isn't too thrilled about his latest assignment as bodyguard to young movie star, Waverly Sinner. The last thing he wants to do is to babysit a spoiled actress, but her parents hired him
Leah  Doumousiaris
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I remember reading Lucy’s new book would be a cliffhanger, but I completely forgot when I started reading Cross the Line. I am so use to Lucy’s small town stories that Crossing the Line was like I was reading a completely different author which I still LOVED.
Lucy did it again, Sinner & Saint, Crossing The Line was a GREAT book. I was very upset and almost wanted to cry when I got to the end and realized it was a cliff hanger. I will be anxiously awaiting the sequel Breaking The Rules. Th
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sinner and Saint 😍

“Sinner and Saint” With names like that you know there’s going to be sparks.

Waverly Sinner has been in the limelight since she was young. Born to famous parents, Hollywood royalty, plus she’s a star in her own right, but the one thing she truly has never really felt was loved.

Xavier Saint runs a Security firm for the Elite and when his firm is hired to protect Waverly he’s expecting a diva, but what he finds is the total opposite, she wants out of the limelight and just wants
Amber Houslet
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book. I have been tired of those romance books that just deliver the romantic side of the story. This is not that book. This has suspense that had you guessing on what was going to happen next. Meet Waverly, a second generation actress who is thinking of leaving the business. Enter her parent's who hire Xavier to make sure that she doesn't. Throw in a psychopath stalker and you have a recipe for a FANTASTIC story. Waverly's antics in dodging her security and proving hers ...more
Vfc
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waverly Sinner is a second-generation acclaimed Hollywood actress existing in a gilded cage of unrealistic expectations. She reluctantly plays a role of enabling an alcoholic mother and turning a blind eye to her father’s many indiscretions.

Xavier’s security firm Invictus, is contracted by Waverly’s parents to protect her image from over-zealous, stalking fans. He believes she is a pampered spoilt prima donna and initially treats her accordingly.

Xavier is tasked with her safety and finds himse
Anavihs
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Xaverly!!!

I absolutely loved it. Now, don't get me wrong. I hate cliffhangers. However, I was fortunate enough to read this book when the 2nd book is available, so it isn't as much of a hardship for me as it was for some readers.

Xavier is an idiot. In the end, a complete idiot. But I understand his nice guy issues.

Waverly is also an idiot. For not looking at the video and trying again. I will, however, completely forget that part because girls gotta stick up for each other and throw a blind e
Shavonda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was okay for me. Storyline got me hooked from the beginning, and the chemistry between Xavier and Waverly was initially very strong. But then the storyline seemed to drag out a bit too much and I felt like the strong connection and chemistry between Xavier and Waverly got lost in the script, which made the story drag for me. It picked up more, but I found myself skimming a lot of (what I felt) useless information. I really started to question if it was worth reading the next book ...more
Cc
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2018
Waverly and Xavier

Xavier is hired by her parents to protect 20 year old Waverly and keep her in line. She is the second generation of an action family dynasty but she's not happy with the life her parents have made her live. Throw in a scary stalker and Xavier has his hands full.

These two have instant chemistry that neither of them want to admit to.

It was fun to watch these two fight and give each other fits. Waverly hasn't had an easy life even thought from the outside she's living a fairy tale
Jaimee
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
PERFECTION

If you are unable to suspend belief long enough to indulge in a romance novel, then they are probably not for you. However, if you are, you are in for a treat!! Lucy's quickly making herself one of my favorites- with characters that jump off the page, couples you can't help but root for and seriously amazing chemistry. I'm not even mad about the cliff hanger, this one was earned. Can't wait for part 2!!
Rachael
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romantic Suspense at it's best.

First, this is a duet, there is a cliffhanger. Usually I hate that....but this was up front honest about it and I waited until both books were released. Now, this is an AMAZING part one. Chemistry between Xavier and Waverly is off the charts. Its believable and hot as sin...pun intended. Perfect blend of romance, suspense, action and sex. Very sexy read!
Kathleen A Harris
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspense and romance combined

Great characters who lead the reader on a suspenseful journey. Xavier and Waverly lead each other on a merry chase. While at times the story seemed to drag, overall it was good. I knew going in that this was not a stand alone and so wasn't expecting a happily ever after (thank goodness I had the second book already). The main reason I didn't rate this higher was because the ending wasn't even a happily for now.
Brooke Prihoda
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down!

I immediately fell in love with Waverly and could so easily picture everything about the book. I felt like I was watching a movie in my head. Xavier was pretty easy to fall for as well. This book kept me on the edge of my seat. When I wasn't wondering what danger Waverly would be apart of next, I was wondering what would happen between her and X bc their chemistry is off the charts. I can't wait to read the next book and catch up with them 5 years later.
Melissa  P. Wilcox
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!

This book grabbed my attention from the first page. The characters were well developed and you feel everything they feel. You are a part of this story. The ups and downs. The pain Waverly feels at not bring allowed to live her life as she desires. And just when it looks likes she will have the love she deserves it does not prevail. Wow! I couldn't put this book down! Really good book.
lilly brown
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this author...p!ease. Read her books

I did not like the age gap. Between the characters. I always felt like he was one step up from a child molester. My opinion and no one has to agree. Therefore I could not fully enjoy this book and I will not be reading the next in this series. WIth that being said I do love this author and hope to read other books by her.
Alissa Anderson
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I loved this story so much, I wasn't even mad that it ended on a cliffhanger. I was actually excited that I would have the chance to read more Xavier and Waverly! I loved their relationship from the beginning and Waverly is definitely one of my favorite heroines. 11/10 recommend, you won't regret reading!
Mandy Casey
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh

Damn cliffhanger. But man it’s a great story! It’s about 2 hours after I normally go to bed, but I’m about to start Breaking the Rules to see where Xaverly ends up!

I love all of these characters. Family, friends, even a photographer. Great writing that makes me need to know what happened five years later!!
Neka
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was cheesy and Xavier wins all the awards as the most unprofessional bodyguard ever. Really, like all the awards in the world for him. Yet the book was very entertaining and I really liked it, I don't know what's going on, I basically like everything Lucy Score writes. Off to read the second book.
Katie Busch
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Amazing storyline

Love this book didn't want to stop reading it. Xavier Saint can be my protector any day. Waverly Sinner is my kind of rule breaker. Together they are one great storyline. Warning there is a cliffhanger. Can't wait for book 2 breaking the rules in December.
Cheryl Robinson
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucy scores again!!

I didn't think anything could too Lucy's previous books, but this was outstanding!! I know Lucy hates cliff hangers, but this book is well worth it! Can't wait to start the next journey!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Riptide
  • Shutter: Volume One (Shutter, #1)
  • End Goal (Harris Brothers, #3.5)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)
  • Legacy of Magick (Legacy of Magick, #1)
  • Falling Star (Beautiful Chaos, #2)
  • House of Ravens (House of Royals #5)
  • Before He Was A Secret (Starstruck #3)
  • The Sweet Taste of Sin (The Fontaines, #1)
  • Dirty Neighbor
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • Escaping the Blackness (Cooper Brothers #1)
  • The Summoning: A Supernatural Dark Fantasy
  • Hot Heir
  • Model Boyfriend
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
  • A Beck Valentine: A Beck Brothers Short
Lucy is a Wall Street Journal and #1 Amazon Kindle Store bestseller. She grew up in rural Pennsylvania with a lot of time on her hands and a big imagination. She was the oldest of three in a literary household. Dinners were often spent in silence while family members had their noses buried in books. A passion for writing took hold at five when she taught her brother to write his name on the bathro ...more

A Sinner and Saint (2 books)
  • Breaking the Rules (A Sinner and Saint Novel, #2)