Start by marking “Sleeping Beauties (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauties (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #3)

Sleeping Beauties

(Inspector Tom Reynolds #3)

'Five stars' Amazon reviewer
'What a read!' Amazon reviewer
'I was engrossed right from the start and read it in one long, very satisfied sitting' Amazon reviewer

THE BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF WITH OUR BLESSING AND BENEATH THE SURFACE RETURNS WITH A BRAND NEW SERIAL-KILLER THRILLER.

The inspector frowned and examined the earth under the trees. As he scanned the glade, his stomach lurched. One, two, three, four. Five, countinreviewer

/>I/>'What

Published September 21st 2017 by Quercus

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauties

Start your review of Sleeping Beauties (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #3)
Paromjit
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jo Spain has written a wonderful third addition to the Inspector Tom Reynolds series set in Dublin and the surrounding areas. Fiona Holland has disappeared from her small rural village, and it is uncertain if she has left of her own free will or something far more sinister has happened to her. She has a wild reputation, a baby son with an unknown father, and parents adamant that she would not have left them or her baby willingly. A body has been discovered in the beautiful valley of Glendalough, ...more
Bookread2day
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved reading every page of Sleeping Beauties. Jo Spain certainly has now become one of favourite authors, and I am now following her closely on goodreads and Twitter as I really don't want to miss her next book. I think most of us women have been there in a relationship with a man who is violent or know of a friend who has had a violent boyfriend or husband. I know I have been in a violent relationship with a boyfriend in my teenage years, just like Fiona in this story. I thought in my teens
Peter Boyle
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: irish, crime
It had been a while since I'd read any crime fiction, but my aunt kindly sent me a copy of this book so I decided to give it a go.

Basically it's about a serial killer on the loose in Ireland, a scheming individual who abducts troubled young women and keeps them captive for a while before murdering them. The police investigation is led by the very capable Inspector Tom Reynolds and his resourceful team of detectives. Fiona Holland, the latest victim, was kidnapped a few days ago and R
Louise Wilson
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inspector Tom Reynolds #3

Somebody had cleared the earth of its natural layer and sewn their own flowers. In five places, five graves. A young woman, Fiona Holland, has gone missing from a small fishing village. Fiona had a wild reputation. Was she abducted? Or had she just ran away?

Inspector Tom Reynolds, DS Ray Lennon, DS Laura Brennon and the team are back. The story is interspersed with the first person accounts of the five women who were killed. This book covers sexua
Sally Whiteside
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I vulnerable women and a hunting serial killer. Can they find Fiona? Twists and turns with lots of tension. 5 🌟
Cathy Ryan
A young woman has been reported missing. It’s uncertain whether Fiona Holland decided to leave of her own accord or whether it’s something else entirely. Her mother and sister are certain she wouldn’t have left her baby but in the small rural community Fiona had a reputation.

Detective Inspector Tom Reynolds and his team are called to Glendalough, a popular tourist spot in the Wicklow Mountains National Park, where a body has been found. It’s not long before it’s clearly visible to those working
Mary
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Read this captivating book in one day.

Centred around the disappearance of a number of women,Inspector Reynolds and his team endeavour to find the culprit among a host of well plotted red herrings.

Tracy Shephard
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sleeping Beauties is a tale filled with Human Drama..

Missing girls, Police, and families have all been touched by the complexities of murder and madness.

This novel is brilliant. It has an emotional edge as well as a serial killer who is quite different from other fictional killers.

I loved it it was a book that I read in one sitting and is a book of two halves.

It has a real life pace, and the drama does not relent.  It has twists and red herrings a
Joanne
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sleeping Beauties is the third in a series to feature DI Tom Reynolds and I thought it was just brilliant. I have read the other two books and although I wouldn't say it's essential to have read them first, I would recommend it because they are so good.

Jo Spain has achieved a perfect balance for me in this book between the actual case, the dynamics between Tom and his team and the victims' stories. The chapters from the women's points of view really added to the story for me as they weren't the
Jo
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Sleeping Beauties was an absolute joy to read. This book simply has it all - murder, mystery, suspense, wonderful characters and a dash of romance. The book had me hooked from the very first chapter. Although this is the third book in the Inspector Tom Reynolds books, this works very well as a stand alone novel.

The novel begins in the heart of the Irish countryside when five shallow graves are discovered, all of which are young women. When Fiona Holland goes missing, the race is on to find out
Mary Picken
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of well plotted, decently paced police procedurals, then you will really enjoy this book.

The regular characters of Tom, Ray and Laura are warm and likeable, the newly promoted boss rather less so, and the crimes they have to solve are difficult and gruesome in a way that contrasts beautifully with the sleepy rural Ireland setting of most of this book.

Though there are two previous books involving Tom Reynolds and his team, each works perfectly as a stand-a
Angela Verdenius
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent mystery with many twists and turns to keep you guessing. Not a hard core thriller, has some relationship scenes, and is overall a nice, relaxing whodunnit.
Susan Lanigan
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Another great story from the Tom Reynolds series with more twists and turns than a boreen...a good stable of recurring characters, a problematic new boss and a serial killer in the mix.

Worth it alone for Linda the psychologist's line to a thuggish suspect: "Darling I wouldn't hire you to cut my grass let alone tend to my bush."

Review to come later but Jo Spain delivers again. Hurrah!
Fiona McLaughlin
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From page 1 I was delighted to renew my acquaintance with the familiar characters from the earlier Inspector Reynolds books. (Or Tom as I call him as I feel like he is known to me now).

Catching up with the lives of the characters was as riveting as the story itself. I was hooked as the book marched along in it's investigation at a good pace throwing up suspects left and right but you are kept guessing right until the last page.

Now I have to wait until the next book is rel
Aileen
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-crime
Excellent - very much enjoyed this, and indeed finished it in one sitting. Couldn't put it down. I had read #1 in the series which was good, but this was even better. Skipping #2 doesn't seem to have had any ill effects.

Tom Reynolds is a likeable lead - very human interactions with his team members, his wife, friends - and the villainous boss! Interested to see where this will go next. Team members also well-drawn. The storyline was well-plotted, and the various threads on the missin
Tiger
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
#3 in Spain's very good Tom Reynolds series set in Ireland and it was very good again. 5 graves are found in a public park......5 women who have disappeared over the last few years. With another young woman missing, the clock is ticking on Tom and his team to get some answers on a brutal serial killer before it's too late. Spain does an excellent job of weaving a solid mystery around intriguing character development all set against the magical history and geography of Ireland.
Peggy
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sleeping Beauties is the 3rd book in Jo Spain's,Tom Reynolds series.
I loved every page of this book.
The twists and turns were amazing and well thought out.
Every time I thought I had everything figured out,Jo would throw me a curveball.

Looking forward to the 4th,Tom Reynolds book coming in September of 2018
Donna Derons
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I
Love
Jo
Spain!!

Great book. Love the altogether human characters written into an intriguing and engaging plot line. It’s not a Booker prize winner but it’s a good read. Can’t wait until my next Jo Spain book comes in!
Peter
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We visited many sites in Ireland this year including Glendalough, and this book brought back so many memories. A well-written crime thriller with understandable and believable characters. It shows the author’s love for Ireland and her people.
Gillian McCallum
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

Another great book by Jo Spain !!!! Currently on my holiday and read it within two days. If you like to read books with the same characters then Jo Spain books are for you, gutted her next book isn't out til sept x
Geraldine GAUL
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

I love these books .I do hope Jo continues to write about Tom. Ray and Laura .There's just something about these stories that make me read them in 2 days them I have to wait for the next book .So looking forward to the next episode. Thanks Jo Spain
WeeJackie BookWorm
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading irish authors. we have some level of talent. I love how Jo uses the proper name of the Gardi. Tom Reynolds and his team are great. The crimes are fantastic and it gets you gripped, can't wait to start book 4
Niamh bonner
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love this series and all the characters. I love the reader too. she brings all those characters to life.
Helen
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, good plot and characters, and I liked the writing - kept me guessing to the end.
Rosie Pudsey
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
good book had me reading still the end.Preferred her other book better though
Nicola Richardson
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fab story with such likable main characters. So sad in parts, but the story keeps running and enough twists and turns. Cannot wait for number 4 in January.
Stephanie Grace
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Joanne. Great characters, gripping story, terrific ending. Read it and enjoy!
June Jones
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great thriller, kept me gripped, and a good twist at the end. would recommend.
Steph Carruthers
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the first page! Can’t wait for the next instalment.
Lorraine Kehoe
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tom Reynolds and Co. just keep getting better and better fast becoming my favourite detective series.

• Once, Twice, Three Times an Aisling
  • Cruel Acts (Maeve Kerrigan #8)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • One Bad Turn (DS Claire Boyle #3)
  • The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)
  • Darkest Truth
  • Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker, #6)
  • The Reckoning (Maeve Kerrigan, #2)
  • The Ruin (Cormac Reilly, #1)
  • The Killer in Me (Frankie Sheehan, #2)
  • The Last Girl (Maeve Kerrigan, #3)
  • Twisted
  • Her Husband's Mistake
  • Now You See Them
  • The Stranger You Know (Maeve Kerrigan, #4)
  • Rules of the Road
  • The Gift of Friends
  • The Lost (Paula McGuire, #1)
Jo Spain is the author of the Inspector Tom Reynolds series. Her first book, top ten bestseller With Our Blessing, was a finalist in the 2015 Richard and Judy Search for a Bestseller. The Confession her first standalone thriller, was a number one bestseller and translated all over the world.
Jo is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin, a former political advisor in the Irish parliament and former v

Inspector Tom Reynolds (5 books)
  • With Our Blessing (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #2)
  • The Darkest Place (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #4)
  • The Boy Who Fell (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #5)