Start by marking “Hardcore (Filth, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hardcore (Filth, #3)

Read Book

Hardcore

(Filth #3)

I am an Alexander. Our last name is an institution in legal circles. You're raised to be an apex predator in the courtroom and outside of it. Being weak or losing at anything is not an option.

To paint the picture, most fathers sit their sons down to have “the talk” about what it means to be a man in the world. My father handed me a proverbial rusty knife, and said, “Cut
Kindle Edition
Published January 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hardcore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hardcore

Start your review of Hardcore (Filth, #3)
Maria Rose
After reading and thoroughly enjoying Dakota Gray’s novel Perv (whose hero Nate will be forever known to me as ‘The Pussy Whisperer’), and sequel Filth (the same romance but told from Robyn’s point of view), I was looking forward to reading about Nate’s friend Duke. He’s come across as an interesting and intense secondary character and Hardcore definitely describes him and his romance with feisty, fiery Kennedy.

Duke Alexander is a workaholic, a somewhat bitter man still coming to terms with his
Jessica Alcazar
*sigh* so fucking romantic :) prepare for ALL THE FEELS!

Okay, so I forgot to expand on my review ... oops :)

I'm gonna tell you now that if Hardcore is not your first read in this series and you know Duke from previous books, surprise !! ;) This was not the Duke I expected. Let me explain ....

Since I know Duke, I expected a hardass, alpha, take no prisoners guy. In public AND private. But .... surprise, because Duke the lawyer takes no prisoners but Duke the man ... he's a pile of delicious
April ~ The Reading Belles
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC.

<--#startofwordvomitproceedwithcaution-->

I sampled reading Perv (Filth #1) last year and boy was I in for such a surprise. That book was the most interesting I read last year and from there I told myself I have to read everything this author publishes. (Well, at least the M/F ones. I'm too chicken to read anything else.)

Hardcore has exceeded my expectation of a good-time read earning itself the best one yet after the 5-star drought I was having which started
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
This probably would have been a five star review ( I love this author's voice and this series ) but I was getting mixed signals from the gorgeous Duke. I adored his cold aloofness in book one and was expecting more of that. But it was a mix of good guy // bad guy and I wasn't sure if he could decide just what he wanted to be so it had me confused throughout.

it didn't put me off the story, as I said I love this author who is new to me but now a firm auto-buy and I loved my dirty boy Duke in his
Elisabeth Lane
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, arc
This book doesn't give a fuck and I adored it. Really difficult, screwed up hero and a kick-ass heroine who more than matches him. Seriously this will be one of my top picks for 2017.
Mar
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love me a dirty mouth Duke. Loved Kennedy too. Fun read!
Kini
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Much like Perv, this book was more complicated than it may have seemed from the blurb. Duke is emotionally stunted because of life. Kennedy is full of hope. Their coming together is a great fit, but getting Duke to come to terms with it, well that's what this book is about. The book is solely Duke's POV.
I really enjoy this author's voice. I feel like she's giving us anti heroes and making us love them. Duke is kind of awful to Kennedy, but of course he eventually gets his head out of his ass
JenReadsRomance
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this over at the Book Queen's site: http://www.tbqsbookpalace.com/2017/07...
Dulcie H
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 solid hot stars. Thankyou Dakota Gray. I think I’ll have to read the next one.
MaggieReadsRom
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars!
Jacky
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a rollercoaster ride. This is Duke's book. This is truly a standalone. I read Perv, Book #1, but I don't think you would miss anything much if you started with Hardcore.

I wanted to dislike Duke, but I just could not. The title is perfect for Duke's personality. The romance comes in while watching Duke get to the soft center of his hardcore nature. Kennedy is just the woman strong enough to help him get there.

In all honesty, a number of other people also helped him get there. His best
Gisele
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I had high expectations for Duke's book, but it surpassed everything and it was even better.
I couldn't ask for a better history. Duke and Kennedy knew each other so well and it was heaven and hell because they knew how to be perfect to one another, but also knew how to hurt each other as nobody business.
Duke's apology was the sweetest and I loved how he remained true to himself as well as let Kennedy take care of his soft side.
Kennedy is a hoot, his PERFECT match, head to toe and loved how she
Katherine
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked Duke’s story. I got into eye-rolling territory after the umpteenth obvious “I’m messed up because my father didn’t love me” moment. Kennedy is wonderful - confident, comfortable in her skin, smart. She would be fun to hang out with. I wish Duke’s kinky needs had been explored more - I was mildly confused at the end about whether he tended towards Dom or sub or ? It was never clear to me.

Bought from kobo
Louise
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Going by its title and the glimpses of Duke we're privy to in Perv , I was expecting this to be a, well, hardcore book.
...
I wasn't expecting to be mown down by the FUCKING FLUFFY FEELS!
description

Dear god, Gray, are you trying to kill me? Because it's working, I'm only half alive at this point.
description

I mean, look at this shit:

I rub my mouth against the dark bruise I left on her neck. She melts into me again. My head spins at the way I, Duke Alexander, can make this woman lose the weight of gravity with my
Mz.
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one a lot...I am really starting to like Ms. Gray.

Duke was fun, a hard ass, but fun. His raw emotions and just who he is made him easily liked. I liked Kennedy, but not more than Robyn. Duke kind of stole the stage, he was like a slow burning rise of passion.
Can I just pause and say, I love their friendship, everytime they were together I smiled at Nate, Duke and Tarek. They made me happy.
Anywho, this story was great. I read it in one sitting. I didn't think I was going to like it
Beanimous
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so perfect, vivid realistic flawed but absolutely lovable characters, captivating dialogue and story line, steamy sexy scene, perfect supportive characters, everything in this book is executed perfectly.

I really enjoyed this book and hope that Ms Gray could write fast and writes plenty and write lots.... Ms Gray is now part of my very limited list of Auto-buy authors. Authors that I won't bother to read book reviews from others, nope, I like them so much that I do not really care if
Mel T
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Filth series. Despit what the title and series names suggest, there is actually a lot of raw emotion and heart in these stories. Hard Core is raw, honest, intense. The sex scenes are explicit but the book differs from pure erotica due to the excellent character development which really lets the reader get inside the characters' heads - particularly Duke, whose perspective the book is primarily written from, but also Kennedy's to a lesser extent.
Mel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was ridiculously good and hot but also had tremendous character development and depth. Rare is the book that has both and both of the first two books in this series has been phenomenal. I adored Kennedy and Duke - I really didn’t think I’d like Duke very much but as it turns out, I ended up adoring him. Fabulous book.
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hardcore by Dakota Gray.....Wow, this is a must read, so well written and hits all the emotion buttons. Duke and Kennedy has one hot sexy night three years ago and Duke can't get her out of his head, will they be able to make it work, you will have to read to find out. Dakota Gray is moving up my list as one of my favorite authors. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Danni Faith
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
4.5

I didn't want to like Duke but he won me over. I'm a sucker for a romance with a great friend group. Duke's support network endeared him to me. It rounded him out so he wasn't just this hard ass.

Kennedy and Duke are so sexy and cute together. I'm not really a second-chance romance reader, but this really did it for me. Damn you Dakota Gray for being so good.
Robin
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good. Almost as good as Perv.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Oh, Duke, how I love thee! I have been waiting for Duke's story since I read Perv, the first story in this series. Duke is a cold, regimented, somewhat controlling hardass of a lawyer. He had an estranged father who put his stamp on Duke's personality. To give you an idea of what his father was like and how he impacted Duke, this is what he said when he gave Duke the how to be a man speech: "Cut out anything but ambition and loyalty." Duke certainly took that speech to heart and has lived up (or ...more
Chasing Away Reality
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hardcore was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. I have been dying for Duke's story since Dakota introduced him in Perv. And I still want more!

Duke is unshakable, regimented, and all about control until he meets Kennedy. She wormed her way into his heart, though he would deny it, from the moment he met her. Somehow she was just different from all the other women. And in one moment, she was able to rip away everything he knew and break his hold on his carefully crafted world. He was quite
Amanda
I have greatly enjoyed all three books in the Filth series so far, and Dakota Gray manages to have a pretty unique voice and style in a saturated market. I really like that she pushes the boundaries with her male protagonists. These are not men you take home to meet the parents. But they're not abusive alpha-holes, either. That's an important distinction for me that fails so often in the contemporary/erotic romance genres.

I've been looking forward to Duke's story ever since I read Perv, where
Allie
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've had a hard time reading this past month. I was able to barrel through in December and find a lot of happy, but for some reason with the impending doom of the Cheeto in Cheif, my reading habit had come to a crashing halt. The ARC for this book stared at me for days on end, taunting me. "You know you want to read me, Allie," it would whisper, but I just couldn't do it. How could I when I knew what was coming? Ugh, I was a freaking idiot. I needed this.For those of us on the other side of the ...more
Patricia Baxes
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is like an E-ticket ride...it has more ups and downs with twists and turns--it was moving your emotions all over the map! It was crazy good!!

Now that I've messed with the similes and metaphors (and a bit of hyperbole), let's get to the good parts. Hardcore is the perfect title for this book as Duke Alexander is one tough sonofabitch who doesn't care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants...and he wants Kennedy McLane.

Dakota Gray is an awesome writer; she knows what to do with
Jeanne
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

This is really an amusing book in a lot of places. Sometimes it's a little sad at times as we're in Duke's head (the entire story is from his POV) as he's trying to make himself be what he thinks he's supposed to be. We see his hurt as he tries to let it roll of his back when he really wants to be accepted as is and believes he isn't. His banter with his friends is great. And eventually we see him give in to his feelings for Kennedy. This is an awesome
Joyfully Reviewed
DUKE IS IN THE WILD & running free!! Hardcore ripped me to pieces, in a good way. We have been waiting for Duke's story since meeting him in Perv and Dakota didn't disappoint us. The wait was well worth it.

PHEW! Duke is one stubborn man!!! Kennedy was more woman than me (lol). At times I wanted to gut punch Duke but Kennedy was patient and well you have to read the book to find how the mighty Duke falls and falls hard. Mwahahhaha.

Reviewed by Joy for Joyfully Reviewed
Link: Full Review to
Karen Durant
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Alexander's family is well known as in almost an institution in legal circles. His dad taught him to be a predator in & out the courtroom& that there was no place for being a weakling or a loser. At the end of day the only thing that must stay is loyalty & ambition. The he meets Kennedy, who after having sex with him, stayed away from him. After 3 yrs he finally gets her back in his bed & decides he wants her to stay. He's not a loser and he won't lose her. As always Dakota Gray ...more
Barrie Mac
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alexander is a tough man, and not always nice. When he meets Kennedy, Alexander feels something he's never felt before with her. Telling her this, Kennedy freaked out and ran. For three years, Alexander has thought of Kennedy and now's she's back. But they are both hiding things from each other which can destroy what they are starting to build. This was a great read but that's not a surprise as the author is Dakota Gray!

My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read.

• Grumpy Jake
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over The Holidays, #1)
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Thirsty (Eastside Brewery, #1)
  • Not Another Family Wedding (Chin-Williams, #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Passion and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #2)
  • Bad for the Boss (Just for Him, #1)
  • Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Fallen Star
  • Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, #5.5, #11.5, #12.25)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Love Lettering
Dakota Gray is the author of the Filth series. She's a longtime romance reader and she's not ashamed to fangirl over heroes with dirty mouths, dirtier minds and a soft heart.
Gray writes the heroes you shouldn't take home to mom, sassy heroines and sigh-worthy happily ever afters.
You can LIKE her Facebook (facebook.com/dakotagrayauthor/) page or follower her on TWITTER (twitter.com/dakota_writes).

Filth (4 books)
  • Perv (Filth, #1)
  • Filth (Filth, #2)
  • Adonis Line (Filth, #4)