Start by marking “Chased” as Want to Read:
Chased

Chased

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  227 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Paige Landry
I finally made it. I graduated nursing school, and I found the perfect job. Things were great until a tornado blew through the emergency room, turning my life upside down. I don’t know if I can ever go back to the way things were before. Tornado survivors have a choice to rebuild, or pack up and move away. I’m twenty-two, and I know that one day I want the Amer
Published January 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Chased, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chased

Alex ♈
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: shelly
I didn't even make it past the first page before I was smiling like a loon. With a clever reference to a book I love - Hazel James hooked me and from there? It was all heart eyeballs and swoony feels.

Well, okay, not all heart eyeballs and swoony feels. There were also tears. A virtual feels explosion, actually. And a hearty fascination with these delightfully layered characters that kept me flipping pages desperate for more of their story. A story that was hilarious - packed with irresistible fl
Candy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I picked up Chased from Hazel James because I loved that it seemed to be a hidden gem, unique within the romance genre. I had never read a story about a storm chaser so to say that my interests were piqued would be an understatement. Needless to say, I was incredibly blown away by the reality-based driven characters and a plot that flowed effortlessly.

Much like the people we meet in the everyday, DH was comprised of layers that I felt like I had to constantly peel back. I appreciated seeing how
Katie Hooker
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
I loved reading the story of Paige and DH. This book has so many funny moments and there were many times when I found myself laughing out loud. I love when I'm reading books and people around me are wondering what it is they're missing out on. This is one of those books.

Paige is someone you want to be best friends with and it's very refreshing to see a character like DH having real issues and working through them.

Go out and buy this book pronto!
Renata Severo
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to express the perfection of this book. #hazeljamesyouhaveanewfan!!!!

Kate Sterritt
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author kindly gave me an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I went in having absolutely no idea what the book was about and I was pleasantly surprised. It combined the adrenaline rush of storm chasing, sweet romance and an obviously deep knowledge of PTSD. DH was swoony and Paige was a very likeable heroine. All in all, an enjoyable read!
Kell's Bookmark Clique
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was in bit of a book slump before starting this, but 'Chased' dragged me out of it and had me hooked from the start.
I loved DH (the main guy) from the minute he appeared in the book and I loved him until the end and Paige was a wonderful heroine. This couple had their share of problems, which added new dimensions, but it wasn't too heavy and didn't leave you drained at the end. It was a perfect mix.
I loved the background theme of DH being a storm chaser, which I didn't know much about before
Jennifer Van
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Here's the deal. Hazel James is a gem. Not hidden. No. she's out there bright and shining, just a beacon of light needing to be seen. So look up. Seriously. If you haven't experienced the wonder that is Hazel's writing, you're missing out. Chased, her second published work, reads like that of someone who's just published book 30. It's unique and humbling and so original.

DH and Paige are characters I want to reach into the pages of Chased, pull them out, and make them real. I mean - they SEEM
Sabrina McVeigh
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything a reader could ask for. An amazing story line, action, romance and characters that you can connect with.

Hazel James has created a book that you wont be able to forget anytime soon!

I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it!
Becca
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book hard! I am a closet weather nerd and to put a storm chaser and love story together - YES PLEASE!

Review to come
Amy
Hazel has quickly became an auto-buy author for me. I was so anxious for Chased and wasn't disappointed! DH and Paige were amazing and I loved the buildup of their relationship!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love when a book I’m reading mentions or refers to another book. It feels like the author is building up, appreciating, and recommending another author's work. I find that neat! You are hit with it right off the bat in this story and it made me want to keep reading. However, the amazing writing, the story line, and the great characters had me devouring this book as fast as I could.

Paige is an ER nurse, a bookworm, and a sassy spitfire with a cherry lip gloss obsession. She’s swee
Ris Sasaki
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-ones
“ I’ve spent my entire life chasing after things because I never thought I was worthy of being caught . And then you came along , with your country music and cherry lip gloss and you changed everything . For the first time , I felt like I was worthy of love . Of having a future . Of growing old beside someone . You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me , and I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words . I want to spend the rest of my life with you . Will you please be my wife ...more
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Chased by Hazel James was an utterly consuming, mesmerizingly vibrant, and all-around amazing whirlwind of a story that I loved and felt every word of. Every single word of this book was so phenomenally and thoughtfully crafted, and bursting with the best amount of charm and personality. From the very beginning of this story I knew I was beyond hooked into what I was getting within its spectacular pages with these wonderful and distinctive characters. The more I experienced this story, and the m ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Life never follows our well mapped out plans. It's always an off-road experience, complete with some mud, blood and a few scrapes and bruises along the way. Sometimes, things have to go a bit sideways before we find ourselves in the perfect place for a miracle.

DH's journey started in the gutter and he's spent his entire life clawing his way out. To say he's got some hang-ups from his messed up childhood is an understatement but then throw in his time as a PJ in the Air Force and he's the walkin
Carol Seymour
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and emotional experience Hazel James has shared with readers. In her book Chased, she tells the story of Paige, an ER nurse who moved to Oklahoma after graduation. As with most entry level jobs she works the night shift in the ER where she meets DH. She is attracted to him but she is all but engaged to Chad who lives 7 hours away while he completes his degree in accounting. As we all know it is hard to fight the pull when you have a distinct attraction to someone. DH is not looki ...more
Amanda
I won a copy of this book and I was super excited to read it based on the synopsis and the fact that it had to do with storm chasers. Living in tornado alley I love anything and everything to do with tornados.
I started this book with expectations and was blown away, both by the writing and by the story. This was so much more than just a storm chaser book. It had so much heart and feeling that it was easy to get swept away in the story, so much so that I read this in one sitting and ignored pret
Amanda
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprise book for me. I have not heard of this author before, and I have no idea how I came across this book. I just know that I downloaded it via KU, and it was sitting on my kindle, and decided to give it a try.

I'm so glad I did! It was different in the sense that the hero is an ex-military man, who on his free time from being a mechanic, chases tornados! DH is such an amazing hero, and I fell in love with him right off the bat. The heroine, Paige, is a nurse who you can't help but
Alicia
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading Chased gave me the smallest glimpse into the hearts and lives of military Veterans. Hazel, you've used your amazing talent to write a story that appeals to so many different readers. It shines a light onto a subject that doesn't get talked about enough. You've opened a door for non military families to see the scars of war that are often hidden. It was a beautiful love story that made me laugh and cry through the pages. I see so much of you and your soul on these pages. Thank you for sha ...more
Megan | A Page to Turn
I've always been a fan of the natural disaster movies that Hollywood has put out - the first one I ever saw was Twister and I've been obsessed with watching it again often throughout my life. I've always had a strange fascination with storms so when I ran across this book and saw the cover, I knew it was a book I needed to read. This is my first Hazel James read, and I can't wait to read more.

"I am a mosaic, pieced together with glue and guilt, and somehow she seeped inside me and repaired all
AC Squared Book Blog
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was absolutely one of my favorite books so far this year! From the very beginning I was laughing my butt off, it made for such an amazing read! I LOVE Romcoms, as much as I love super emotional books, I love Romcoms even more. This one was PERFECT! There was the perfect mix of seriousness and other emotion. That really helped this become such an amazing read. There were just so many layers to the story and to the characters. It really was like peeling an onion.

DH and Paige were GREAT! These
2OCC Reviews
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I love the idea of storm chasers falling in love! I've never seen a tornado my self, but when I read these kinds of books they show a beauty to them that even thought all the distraction, there's a light at the end.

I loved Paige. She had. Lot of spunk to her and when we are inside her head; I was really able to connect with her and what she felt.

DH was so sweet! He had to find that one woman for him and seeing him do that, was a fun experience. With his past and PTSD, I was still able to connect
Joanne Coughlin
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart is full

This book absolutely stole my heart and made me a believer! Paige is an amazing heroine, relatable, funny compassionate and just a all around real. DH, that man was like an onion and every layer that was peeled away made me love him more! He became a man most women would be so blessed to have, to be the one to remove the layers and see the real man he was. If only I could find a DH of my own. The two of them together just made my heart burst with love. They were the missing puzzl
Lisa Hill
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read

A really good book that addresses the highly emotive issues of PTSD and loss during war.

The book was ostensibly about a tornado chaser, but his character was so much more than that. DH was a neglected child, a war hero, mechanic, storm chaser and general adrenaline junkie.

Paige was a nurse, a dreamer, bookworm and a Wizard of Oz fan. Their relationship started out a bit prickly, but they fell for each other in spite of their initial misgivings.

This book has so much depth to it, it’s
Polly Barreto
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Hazel James and I absolutely loved it! She has garnered herself a new fan! As being a huge Wizard of Oz junkie, all the references to the movie and characters was a huge plus for me.

Chased is packed with all the feels and some tears. You get a bit of everything packed in 338 pages of goodness. Along with some spectacular characters and story line, there is love and loss, twists and turns, laughter and heartache, and drama and adventures. Ms. James also gives
Angela's Book Addiction
Chased by Hazel James is a new adult, contemporary, military romance told in alternating POV. The characters were well-developed, multifaceted and relatable. I really enjoyed the love story between Paige, the witty, book-loving ER nurse, and DH, the cocky, military veteran, storm chaser.

This book had a little bit of everything. There was humor, romance, chemistry, emotional depth, some action and a little suspense too. All of these aspects were balanced beautifully and the story flowed at a nat
Lea Dimovski
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow the yellow brick road

SAE 2018 attending author
Rating: 5
Series: no
Cliffhanger: no

First time read for me of Hazel James’ work and I enjoyed the read. There story wasn’t just about two people finding love, it had a depth only a hearts darkness can add.

Sensitively handled the topic of our returning servicemen and the ghosts they bring back from the frontline. Not everyone can be “fixed” so having both sides of the coin in this story added a real life balance.

Writing style was easy to read and
Lakisha Hinnant
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, I'd like to say thanks to all the service men and women out there and thanks for continuing to be heroes. Second, this book was great. I loved the concept that you don't have to stay broken even if you fall more than one time. We don't have to be Humpty Dumpty's. I hated the childhood that DH had, but it's an amazing feat when someone can come from that and be the amazing man that he was, even though he did have some women problems at the beginning. I loved that Paige knew what she wanted ...more
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Wow.....just. Wow.

I waited too long to read this book. I know I did. I needed this book's wit and sarcasm and the way it dealt with some really heavy stuff.

DH was easy for me to relate to. Why? Because I too had a terrible childhood. My parents weren't the best. I'm really fortunate that I don't remember any of the really bad things. I went to live with my maternal grandparents when I was six. I was 'saved' before DH was but I really grew attached to him because of that.

Paige is amazing. Unde
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I'm a proud Army veteran, and my greatest loves include my family, lip gloss, Diet Coke, and the beach. Hang out with me at facebook.com/realhazeljames.
More about Hazel James

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be