Start by marking “Chased” as Want to Read:
Chased

Chased

Paige Landry
I finally made it. I graduated nursing school, and I found the perfect job. Things were great until a tornado blew through the emergency room, turning my life upside down. I don’t know if I can ever go back to the way things were before. Tornado survivors have a choice to rebuild, or pack up and move away. I’m twenty-two, and I know that one day I want th
Published January 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Chased, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chased

Start your review of Chased
Alex ♈
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: shelly
I didn't even make it past the first page before I was smiling like a loon. With a clever reference to a book I love - Hazel James hooked me and from there? It was all heart eyeballs and swoony feels.

Well, okay, not all heart eyeballs and swoony feels. There were also tears. A virtual feels explosion, actually. And a hearty fascination with these delightfully layered characters that kept me flipping pages desperate for more of their story. A story that was hilarious - packed with irresi
Alyson Santos
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Hazel James. It definitely forced a severe author crush.
Katie Hooker
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars
I loved reading the story of Paige and DH. This book has so many funny moments and there were many times when I found myself laughing out loud. I love when I'm reading books and people around me are wondering what it is they're missing out on. This is one of those books.

Paige is someone you want to be best friends with and it's very refreshing to see a character like DH having real issues and working through them.

Go out and buy this book pronto!
Anne OK
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
A new-to-me-author, Hazel James, delivers one of only a few romances I've read that include a tornado chasing hero. Living in the middle of tornado alley where the wind comes sweeping down the plain and where tornadoes come calling each spring, I've dived into my hidey hole more times than I care to remember so this book resonated with me immediately. The Oklahoma setting for this story, along with references to many familiar sites located in close proximity to my hometown, gave it a personal feel. H ...more
Renata Severo
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to express the perfection of this book. #hazeljamesyouhaveanewfan!!!!

Kate Sterritt
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author kindly gave me an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I went in having absolutely no idea what the book was about and I was pleasantly surprised. It combined the adrenaline rush of storm chasing, sweet romance and an obviously deep knowledge of PTSD. DH was swoony and Paige was a very likeable heroine. All in all, an enjoyable read!
Kell's Bookmark Clique
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was in bit of a book slump before starting this, but 'Chased' dragged me out of it and had me hooked from the start.
I loved DH (the main guy) from the minute he appeared in the book and I loved him until the end and Paige was a wonderful heroine. This couple had their share of problems, which added new dimensions, but it wasn't too heavy and didn't leave you drained at the end. It was a perfect mix.
I loved the background theme of DH being a storm chaser, which I didn't know much about b
Jennifer Wyk
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Here's the deal. Hazel James is a gem. Not hidden. No. she's out there bright and shining, just a beacon of light needing to be seen. So look up. Seriously. If you haven't experienced the wonder that is Hazel's writing, you're missing out. Chased, her second published work, reads like that of someone who's just published book 30. It's unique and humbling and so original.

DH and Paige are characters I want to reach into the pages of Chased, pull them out, and make them real. I mean
Sabrina McVeigh
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything a reader could ask for. An amazing story line, action, romance and characters that you can connect with.

Hazel James has created a book that you wont be able to forget anytime soon!

I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it!
Amy
Hazel has quickly became an auto-buy author for me. I was so anxious for Chased and wasn't disappointed! DH and Paige were amazing and I loved the buildup of their relationship!
Becca
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book hard! I am a closet weather nerd and to put a storm chaser and love story together - YES PLEASE!

Review to come
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love when a book I’m reading mentions or refers to another book. It feels like the author is building up, appreciating, and recommending another author's work. I find that neat! You are hit with it right off the bat in this story and it made me want to keep reading. However, the amazing writing, the story line, and the great characters had me devouring this book as fast as I could.

Paige is an ER nurse, a bookworm, and a sassy spitfire with a cherry lip gloss obsession. She’s swee
McKinnze
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Paige is a bell I can’t un-ring, and I already know I’ll never be able to get the sound of her out of my head."

I am a little at a loss for words with this review. I'm just not sure I can say enough to describe just how beautiful of a writer Hazel James is. This was the first book I have read by her, and it definitely won't be my last. She writes the kind of words that speak to your soul. The kind of characters that you connect with on a level that makes you never want to leave their
Naomi Sasaki
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-ones
“ I’ve spent my entire life chasing after things because I never thought I was worthy of being caught . And then you came along , with your country music and cherry lip gloss and you changed everything . For the first time , I felt like I was worthy of love . Of having a future . Of growing old beside someone . You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me , and I love you more than I’ll ever be able to put into words . I want to spend the rest of my life with you . Will you please be my wife?”
M.E. Carter
I am stunned. Wow. Moving onto the next one!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Chased by Hazel James was an utterly consuming, mesmerizingly vibrant, and all-around amazing whirlwind of a story that I loved and felt every word of. Every single word of this book was so phenomenally and thoughtfully crafted, and bursting with the best amount of charm and personality. From the very beginning of this story I knew I was beyond hooked into what I was getting within its spectacular pages with these wonderful and distinctive characters. The more I experienced this story, and the m ...more
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Thank you Hazel for bringing me out of my reading slump! I am so glad I stopped by your table at SAE2018 and bought your book because it was amazing!

A beautiful love story with sizzling chemistry and a back story so very heartbreaking and real. You touched on a subject that needs more recognition.

You definitely have a new fan in me.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Life never follows our well mapped out plans. It's always an off-road experience, complete with some mud, blood and a few scrapes and bruises along the way. Sometimes, things have to go a bit sideways before we find ourselves in the perfect place for a miracle.

DH's journey started in the gutter and he's spent his entire life clawing his way out. To say he's got some hang-ups from his messed up childhood is an understatement but then throw in his time as a PJ in the Air Force and he's the walkin
Carol Seymour
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and emotional experience Hazel James has shared with readers. In her book Chased, she tells the story of Paige, an ER nurse who moved to Oklahoma after graduation. As with most entry level jobs she works the night shift in the ER where she meets DH. She is attracted to him but she is all but engaged to Chad who lives 7 hours away while he completes his degree in accounting. As we all know it is hard to fight the pull when you have a distinct attraction to someone. DH is not looki ...more
Amanda
I won a copy of this book and I was super excited to read it based on the synopsis and the fact that it had to do with storm chasers. Living in tornado alley I love anything and everything to do with tornados.
I started this book with expectations and was blown away, both by the writing and by the story. This was so much more than just a storm chaser book. It had so much heart and feeling that it was easy to get swept away in the story, so much so that I read this in one sitting and ignored pret
Amanda
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprise book for me. I have not heard of this author before, and I have no idea how I came across this book. I just know that I downloaded it via KU, and it was sitting on my kindle, and decided to give it a try.

I'm so glad I did! It was different in the sense that the hero is an ex-military man, who on his free time from being a mechanic, chases tornados! DH is such an amazing hero, and I fell in love with him right off the bat. The heroine, Paige, is a nurse who you can
Alicia
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading Chased gave me the smallest glimpse into the hearts and lives of military Veterans. Hazel, you've used your amazing talent to write a story that appeals to so many different readers. It shines a light onto a subject that doesn't get talked about enough. You've opened a door for non military families to see the scars of war that are often hidden. It was a beautiful love story that made me laugh and cry through the pages. I see so much of you and your soul on these pages. Thank you for sha ...more
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boy did I laugh. This story is right up my alley. Witty nurse meets sexy bearded match. The story is full of funny banters, innuendos, sarcasm and sexual tensions.
Loved every page.
Read it! You can thank me later... or Misty...
Nikki Pennington
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a book by Hazel James before. I'm honestly not even sure how I stumbled upon this one, but I'm glad I did. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt, I was worried this was going to be another bust for me, but I'm glad I found it, and I'm glad I read it. The story ended up being beautiful. Aside from a few misses for me, this was a great read.

"Paige Landry I finally made it. I graduated nursing school, and I found the perfect job. Things were great until a tornado blew through the e/>"Paige
Megan | A Page to Turn
I've always been a fan of the natural disaster movies that Hollywood has put out - the first one I ever saw was Twister and I've been obsessed with watching it again often throughout my life. I've always had a strange fascination with storms so when I ran across this book and saw the cover, I knew it was a book I needed to read. This is my first Hazel James read, and I can't wait to read more.

"I am a mosaic, pieced together with glue and guilt, and somehow she seeped inside me and repaired all
AC Squared Book Blog
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was absolutely one of my favorite books so far this year! From the very beginning I was laughing my butt off, it made for such an amazing read! I LOVE Romcoms, as much as I love super emotional books, I love Romcoms even more. This one was PERFECT! There was the perfect mix of seriousness and other emotion. That really helped this become such an amazing read. There were just so many layers to the story and to the characters. It really was like peeling an onion.

DH and Paige were
Monica
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtaking

Everything about this book is just so much amazing. The storyline is gripping and realistic and as a born-and-bred Okie she did us great Justice. The characters are amazing the journeys that they go through are gripping and you feel like you're there and you want to cry with them and laugh with them and hug them and tell them it's going to be okay. The love story that builds between the two is full of chemistry and passion and love and it is just amazing. I would definitely definitely r
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading romance for a few years now so I've read a lot of romantic gestures. Nothing has made me swoon quite like the romantic gesture DH pulled off for Paige. I sigh just thinking about it.

I read Hazels debut book about a year and a half ago. I still remember how it made me feel. I loved every single word of Chased but I don't think I properly let myself relax and breathe out until the final page. Hazel has created a beautiful group of family and friends here and I loved t
2OCC Reviews
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I love the idea of storm chasers falling in love! I've never seen a tornado my self, but when I read these kinds of books they show a beauty to them that even thought all the distraction, there's a light at the end.

I loved Paige. She had. Lot of spunk to her and when we are inside her head; I was really able to connect with her and what she felt.

DH was so sweet! He had to find that one woman for him and seeing him do that, was a fun experience. With his past and PTSD, I w
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• This Time Is Different
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Book Boyfriend
  • I Knead You Tonight
  • Night Shifts Black (NSB, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice #1)
  • The Fallback
  • Feels Like Home
  • The Good Samaritan
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
  • All I Need
  • Falling from Gravity (Gravity, #1.5)
I'm a proud Army veteran, and my greatest loves include my family, lip gloss, Diet Coke, and the beach. Hang out with me at facebook.com/realhazeljames.